Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 205
    CW 205.8
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Antonia2050 ! We are looking forward to getting to know you - go ahead and tell us a bit about you (as much as you are comfortable sharing!) and ask any questions you may have. Our official August team chat will open up on Saturday, and everyone will re-introduce themselves there so you'll be able to get to know us. In the meantime, just dive in and get ready for August :smiley:
  • Antonia2050
    Antonia2050 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Aloha everyone and greetings from Big Island Hawaii!

I’m not sure where to begin, so here’s some basic info … I am 62 years old and I’ve been retired for two years. I was a social worker for almost 30 years. I served in the Air Force before starting our family. My husband is retired Air Force. We have three children and eight grandchildren with one more due in August. I’m an Aquarius and love long walks on the beach. (couldn’t resist)

I am not very tall, and I’ve always loved my curves. However, menopause and Covid did me in. I joined this challenge for the support that it offered because I NEED the accountability. Aside from normal health factors, I want to be able to cross my legs again. I want to be able to put shoes on without holding my breath and I want to fit comfortably in an airplane seat. Simple, attainable goals. 🤙🏼

Thanks for having me.

• jugar
    Options
    @Antonia2050 Thanks for jumping in with us. I think you are our first member from Hawaii - such a beautiful place. I was lucky to do a few conference presentations there and many family members have had great times there as well. Quite a few of us in the team have military family or experience, and some of us are retired (watch out - we might be after you to take a leadership role in the team!!). I hope you'll find some kindred spirits here. My daughter is in the Canadian Army (Logistics) and my husband put in a few years in the US Air Force, even though I'm both a Navy brat and a kind of a former hippie and musician. It is amazing how life puts all the people together. I look forward to the stories and photos as you get going on the important work of crossing our legs and getting healthy. I lost my weight after menopause and am now almost 70 - so I know it can be done! I'll be kicking your butt :smiley:

We're heading towards both the weekend and the beginning of a new month. Plans? Goals? At least racking up a bunch of non-zero days? Share your ideas, everyone.
  • jugar
    Options
    Woo hoo! Friday is rolling in:
    @micki48
    @PlaneMonkey
    @Pearl4686
    @Kali225

Due through Thursday:
    @MoonlitMuse
    @39flavours
    @conleywoods

Thanks!
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I am off to Halifax early tomorrow morning for a little mini vacation to Touchdown Atlantic 🏈 and some whale watching 🐋 and won’t be home until late Monday night so @jugar I will weigh in on Tuesday this time.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @CarolAnnM2 so jealous you're going to Halifax! It's one of our favourite cities. Our neighbours are there now and sending us photos of the solar bike tour they're on. So much fun to be had!
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I’d like to weigh in on Fridays again
    Current weight: 222.8
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    You have another new member joining your amazing team ... Please welcome @littlemzkitty :)
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 192.0
    PW 191.4

Slight rebound which I wasn't expecting since I sweat a ton during my two games last night and I was pretty sure I kept my portions in check all week, but I have a feeling I need to up my fibre intake to keep the digestive system running smoothly.
    Going to be eating out all weekend so I will be keeping your voices in my head!

Welcome new team members!
  • jugar
    Options
    Lots to catch up on today! I'll get some of the F2F housekeeping tasks done and be back later. But first of all, welcome to @littlemzkitty :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.