Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Packing up my bags for a quick 3 day trip to Houston. Looking forward to exploring some new places I couldn’t visit when I was doing business trips there. The only drawback is it’s ungodly HOT 🥵. But you gotta go when you can and make the best of it.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    Have a great trip, Yooly! Hope you don’t melt 🙂

Send us some pictures 🙂
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Yooly it sure is going to be HOT!!! Have an awesome time. Nasa was super cool if you are into that kind of thing.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Tried to post the pictures of the Saturday luau adventure with my partner in crime but MFP did not cooperate, probably for the better!

I hope you survive Houston! And that you send pictures!

Actually we should check in on @Dante_80 given the heat wave and fires there. Sounds like a firefighting plane crashed on the same island as his family village....

• Yoolypr
    Options
    Hope Dante and family are okay. And CCCGG.
    Fire is my biggest fear too. Doesn’t take much to start a grass fire because it hasn’t rained for over a month. With temperatures over 100+ the last thirty days and no end in sight.
    It’s hot in Houston but actually 10 degrees cooler than Austin. Hard to believe but 95F doesn’t feel so bad. We stopped at a huge middle eastern market today. And a great Jewish deli for pastrami on homemade rye bread. Can’t even think about the calories. Tonight we’re heading for the House of Pies for dinner. This will not end well 😂
    Tomorrow some museums and who knows?
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    What in the world is a House of Pies??!!! That sounds wonderful and terrible all at the same time
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    s6ywwex8dxj6.jpeg
    qxtsifjzatmg.jpeg
    Ah the House of Pies. I think they are only in Houston. 24 hour diner food and breakfast all day. And 40 kind of pies/cakes b4ma1iahts55.jpeg

We split this bad boy three ways - 4gi07hkchzv3.jpeg

Needless to say today was a complete blowout although I had a chicken salad for diinner, I’m sure the 1/3 pie took me way over the top.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    YOU
    ARE
    A
    GODDESS
    OF
    CONSTRAINT

You SPLIT a piece of pie?????????????????????????????????????

Surely you mean you each tried out some of the OTHER PERSON'S piece of pie, right?!?!?!
    THAT I could understand!!! :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    lcbbaw8xhhul.png
    we split that one piece of pie three ways. Son got a chunk. Hubby got the slightly bigger chunk. Trust me - 1/3 of that Bayou Goo pie was enough!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Can't even look at that pie ! LOL Good for you, your son and hubby for being so reasonable about it.

Today was my first day of tracking in a while. Aiming for 1800 calories (which seems awfully high and low at the same time :) ) Hopefully I'll find a way to continue.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I like the image (and ain't that the truth), of both "high and low" at the SAME time!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    A storm front went through. Therefore I had a migraine. (sigh)

We're just all trying to get by. Husband uncovered the root traumatic cause of his DID this week and yep, it's what the books refer to as the usual cause of DID. Now he has to decide what as a grown man to do about it. I'm trying to be supportive without telling him what to do about it, because he has to work through that in his own time.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Alexandra what does DID stand for?
    Options
    Dissociative identity disorder. Used to be called Multiple Personality Disorder.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you.

I hope he can find his way to a more peaceful existence. Not easy being a grown man dealing with trauma from your formative years.
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    Hold up!! that House of Pie looks amazing!! I can't even believe the amount of restraint it would take to eat there. Though I will figure it out when I got in October. I have already told my husband that it will be a stop when we get off our cruise!

Good for you for only eating a little and not just throwing in the towel for the day!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    We zig and zag; but, hopefully, we all move forward and onward!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    ziggedy zaggedy ziggedy zaggedy ziggedy zaggedy ziggedy zaggedy ziggedy zaggedy ziggedy zaggedy ziggedy zaggedy ziggedy zaggedy ziggedy zaggedy ziggedy zaggedy ziggedy zaggedy ziggedy zaggedy ziggedy zaggedy ziggedy zaggedy ziggedy zaggedy ziggedy zaggedy ...........

Just a LITTLE :)
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Heat index yesterday was 104, which is 91 with 83% humidity. Today is supposed to be much the same.

Therefore I got up at two am and did the necessary housecleaning stuff downstairs and ran two loads of dishes and cleaned up the kitchen, so everything is tidy and peaceful here. And yes, now that it is 8:30 and other people are up to let the dogs in and out (and in and out and in and out) I am going to go back to bed for a couple hours.

Of course, the commode in the upstairs bathroom is being difficult again, because It's Always Something. Fortunately, that's something my husband considers his to deal with. I think we just need a new commode, but that will involve bringing my sons down to get the new one up the stairs and the old one down the stairs.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    There is always something with houses (and bodies now it seems too!!!)

Great plan for dealing with the heat today.