Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    I was feeling good and enjoyed our trip to Houston. But it seems the UTI wasn’t completely gone after antibiotics course. So back to the clinic and more antibiotics!!! I was want to take naps and be crabby. 😡
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,660 Member
    Options
    Oh, Yooly. I can't imagine that and the heat!!!!

I hope you get relief from both soon.

Today it has cooled off here - and pouring rain this morning. Feels and smells so good.

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,721 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Not warm enough yet! 😞 It's tricky you know! Have to either set out to do this, or have scale in car and either forethought to bring scale with me (so planned cone) or car near enough to not reduce product weight on the way back to car!🫣 I'm sure I'll manage something soon! 😬😳
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you, PAV! How are YOU feeling? How is your recovery coming along?????
  • PAV8888
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Good but slow! Uphill harder than downhill. First hit 🍦for the team was 375 Cal at 197g!😳😹 Felt heavier than most but not insanely
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    OMG ... that is disappointing. I guess I'll need to start asking them to give me a smaller cone?????

I guess we have to be happy for any kind of progress. Even slow. :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Don't despair yet. The sampling is still young

Second was 300 @158g
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I had one tonight that I swear must’ve been close to 300 g. But PAV I’m not gonna worry about those ice cream cones. When things go awry for me it’s not because there’s 200 cal not properly accounted for when I eat a McDonald’s ice cream cone. The problem is usually the dozen donuts or a cake.

McDonald’s ice cream cone is actually not a bad thing for me even if it’s many extra calories because it means I went and I purchased ONE thing to eat and generally it does the trick.

Today turn into a bit of an eating meltdown… I am a wee bit stressed because my eye was hurting today and I have a couple of appointments regarding the boob next week and I had three days of calorie deficit. So it seemed my hamsters just couldn’t handle that all at once.

I’m glad tomorrow is a fresh new day.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    One good thing is that tomorrow is another day.

I'm up in the wee hours again cause a certain puppy had to do her business in the middle of the night. I look forward to her growing up to where she can sleep all night.

So I will have some tea and wake up and then see what sort of productive and useful I can be before everyone gets up. I can't just go back to bed at eight today, though; once the DIY store opens I need to go there and get a pry bar to lever some of the stones out of the creek bed so I can secure the mesh under them.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sorry sleep was interrupted.

Laurie I am a proponent of the one cone theory even if higher or lower than expected. And I can tell you it won't be 200 Cal *extra* even at max.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thanks, PAV. Hope its not over 200+ but even if it is - that would still be better than some of the other alternatives :) I tell you having a car is not good for the bingeing. Makes it so much easier to just nip out and pick up bad stuff to eat!!!!!

Today was the 3rd food out of control day after 2 good days last week.
    I now have a fridge of good tasting, good for me food ready to begin this week.
    Lots of things going on - MRI, eye exam, breast surgeon consult ( again :( ) lots of excuses/room for potential food disasters. But. Maybe I can rise to the occasion and make it through. 5 good food days would feel so very good. Then I can blow next weekend if I need to :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hope our Yooly is doing okay??!!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I’m fine. Just feeling uninspired. Food control is okay and I’ve recovered from the visit to the House of Pies in Houston. It took a few days to process three days of restaurant food.

I’m off the antibiotics and tested clear. The cause of pain is still to be determined. I do sympathize with Laurie who is going to have a lot of medical tests/consulting this week. I hope all goes well and you get some answers and solutions. I find I do better with a plan rather than waiting for diagnoses.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Glasdyou are fine, Yooly - and tested clear. I hope the pain hears that soon and leaves? I've discovered the past few years that I can have all the symptoms of a UTI without the UTI - my bladder seems to be reactive to histamines when I'm in hay fever mode (and when using some eyedrops I've discovered this year). That was something I've never heard of, but I'm hearing more of it now (probably because I know of it now???)

I agree - plans ARE good - but it seems that breast cancer is a moving target. There is a diagnoses - then a plan - than discovery of ??? more - than round and round. Just like with the eye I've been trying to adopt an "I submit" or "I reliquish control" motto. There is no control to be had in this journey. Unlike the food journey were I should try to seize control!!!!!
  • PAV8888
    edited July 2023
    Options
    These post warranty issues are down right annoying! 😡

And I think the service departments should perform more thorough and better repair jobs! 😡🤬
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Yes!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,249 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    I’m fine. Just feeling uninspired. Food control is okay and I’ve recovered from the visit to the House of Pies in Houston. It took a few days to process three days of restaurant food.

I’m off the antibiotics and tested clear. The cause of pain is still to be determined. I do sympathize with Laurie who is going to have a lot of medical tests/consulting this week. I hope all goes well and you get some answers and solutions. I find I do better with a plan rather than waiting for diagnoses.

So the bladder can react to many different things and cause cystitis without the presence of bacteria. I know this well because I deal with Interstitial Cystitis (also known as painful bladder syndrome). In fact, I have been in a flare the last week or so that just comes and goes. AZO has kept it from driving me too crazy and I have had a lot worse flares.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Actually, Athijade I’m thinking kidney stones. Not boulders 🪨but teeny things that hurt a lot. I had a kidney stone about 15 years ago and this is kind of like that. Who knows? I’ll definitely know if it breaks loose YOW! Anyway I have a follow up in two weeks and probably an MRI thereafter.
    So far it’s achy but tolerable

Went to the gym this morning after a two week break. It wasn’t too bad! We went at 5 am and enjoyed the spectacular full moon during the ride.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Saw the Oppenheimer movie yesterday. Three hours and not a slow moment! Best thing I’ve seen in years.
    Next week it’s Barbie because - maybe cause it’s hot 🥵 and I feel like spending a couple of hours being stupid. I’ve wasted time on dumber stuff so why not?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    so you're saying I should take my boy to that movie?