WaistAways Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    It's time to finish up Week 1 of August already!

Saturday weigh-ins:
    @IDebraK
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359

Remaining Friday people:
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune
    @PlaneMonkey
    @Pearl4686

Overdue:
    @MoonlitMuse
    @michellebarry74
    @39flavours

Thanks!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    PW: 153.4
    CW: 152.7

Sun- 1000
    Mon: 10698
    Tue- 10484
    Wed - 2100
    Thur - 11933
    Fri - 9711
    Sat - 1775
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the weight red weigh-in!
    CW 196.
    No clue how that happened. Hopefully it's just water weight and will disappear by next week. I can't pinpoint anything exceptional I did this week to gain 4 lbs but lots of salty foods were consumed at random points in the week so even my increased fibre wasn't enough.
    Starting on next week's success today!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    The August Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Aug 6th. Please join us for PFW + 1 Challenge. You'll have to stop by to figure it out!!! Acronyms are tricky things!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10896586/august-week-2-group-challenge-pfw-1-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • jugar
    Options
    IDebraK wrote: »
    I promise that after the next weekend, I'll be back on my game.

This wedding is going to be what does me in. This past year has been exhausting, but the past 6-8 months have drained me... mentally and financially. I have no idea whether I am coming or going, but I do know that after August 13th, I will be able to breathe ... and buy stuff.

I'm really working on it, be gentle with me. LOL
    Sounds like quite the roller coaster ride - and it is coming to a wonderful conclusion soon. I'm glad to tell you that you are 1.6 pounds lighter than your last weigh-ins! You are going, not coming :smiley: The breathing will feel amazing, and do not worry if there is a period of let-down after the big event. It is probably inevitable, and nothing to worry about. Share some photos with us when you have a minute! We're right there supporting you, no worries.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful day it's been. Just the right combination of breezy warmth with a touch of coolness now that the sun is setting. I love Vermont when it starts to be autumn. I know. It's not *that* close but I can tell it's slowly coming around the bend!
    I managed to attend an encouraging speaker meeting at 7:30 a.m. and take the full hour to let the antacid pill do its magic prior to eating brekky with OH. While they went to a horse trial in a town 1 hour north for the day, I got laundry washed and hung out (yes, I still use my beloved clothes-line as often as possible, even in winter!); some pesky vacuuming of high places in the kitchen (cupboard tops and a mostly hidden window); washed the collection of gross, greasy bottles and vases and put into the now open (as in no closed blinds) window sill; ate a decent lunch of freshly cut and cooked tomatoes; protein, and corn-elbows (gluten free has some good choices); rescued the drowning re-potted "prayer plant" from the huge rain storm we had last night, and then did 15 minutes of practice on my new-to-me 3/4 sized guitar (a Baby Taylor 2 for those who may be familiar). I decided to take an online class because I never had the basics and figure it's never too late to catch up on those things I missed the first time around! I talked with a few friends in between these activities, including my wonderful sister, Liselyn.
    After typing all that, I realize I'm a bit worn out! OH is back from the horse farm events and cooking some delicious supper including a big batch of kale. Yay! I'll go supervise so it doesn't become "southern kale". For those who don't know, Southern cooking is famous for cooking tougher greens in vats of boiling water with salt pork...for too long to maintain much "green" at all. I prefer bright green kale, thanks!
    Enjoy your evening, y'all. (got to practice my Southernese as we're going to visit mom in Matthews from the 17th-21st or so. She turns 93 on the 17th (she kindly shared her natal day with my nephew, Paul.)
    "See" you soon.
  • jugar
    Options
    Well! I need to clean up my eating act over the next week for sure. I have been indulging in all kinds of things, and the only way that will work is not to have them anywhere available - so I'm back to a grain free week, which will easily eliminate the things that mix with grains to trip me up. I'm not really sure what has pushed me towards more of the things that get into frantic eating, but usually getting grains out of the picture helps them go away. Sugar all by itself is not usually an issue, but as soon as grain and fat mix in there, hooo boy! Control out the window. Even having whole almonds with raisins or something equally indulgent does not spiral out of control, but if the same ingredients are in a cookie, I'm doomed. So yeah. Back on the rails please. I'm adding it to the habit tracker.
  • jugar
    Options
    @EvMakesChanges glad to see your long message! We must have been writing them around the same time. So glad you can be with mom for her birthday :heart: And yeah. Don't wreck that kale....
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    PW=79,0Kg
    CW=79,1Kg

Steps -30-05
    Sunday -5,556
    Monday - 4,944
    Tuesday -4,234
    Wednesday - 2,416
    Thursday - 5,211
    Friday - 3.772
    Saturday - 6,373
  • jugar
    Options
    LAST CALL! Final weigh-ins for the week due by 9 hours from now:
    @MoonlitMuse
    @michellebarry74
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune
    @Pearl4686

Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Barely made it for my weigh in.

CW 211.2
    PW 210.7

Not a green week. Oh well. Here’s to the new week.
  • project_shan
    project_shan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @jugar May I be excused this week please. I'm travelling so no access to a scale. Thanks.

Steps: 30 Jul-5 Aug
    p7ir6emro75v.png
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh-in:

PW - 183.0
    CW - 183.6

After 4 weeks in the red - it's time to turn green. Bring it on August!

And here are my step and exercise stats for the last 7 days:

Sunday 30th July - 2474 / 38 mins Caroline Girvan Fuel Program Day 17 - Upper Body Dumbbelll workout
    Monday 31st - 4605 / 39 mins CG Fuel Day 18 - Glutes & Hamstring Circuits
    Tuesday 1st August - 3330
    Wednesday 2nd - 7717
    Thursday 3rd - 1888
    Friday 4th - 4493 / 36 mins CG Fuel Day 19 - Full Body Dumbbell Cardio
    Saturday 5th - 2551 / 36 mins CG Fuel Day 20 - Mega Bodyweight HIIT

I will be trying really hard to come in here - and comment / contribute - this coming week.

Stay awesome, Friends!
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Morning Waistaways 😊
    @jugar Liselyn, can I please change my weigh in day to Monday 😊
    Thank you 😊
  • jugar
    Options
    Morning Waistaways 😊
    @jugar Liselyn, can I please change my weigh in day to Monday 😊
    Thank you 😊

No problem!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    @DianaGetsFit512 Not I with the metabolism monitoring.. wondering if it was @conleywoods ? Definitely a Half Size Me fan though.. her podcast is so good for my mindset.

@Gidgitgoescrzy What lovely service to your neighbor.. not the health and fitness activity you were hoping for but such a meaningful thing to be there for someone in need...
This discussion has been closed.