Replies

• ganival
    ganival Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ganival
    friday

pw 175.2
    cw 177.4

thanks @bearchested for sharing your experience with weight training, weight, nutrition etc.. i'm working with a personal trainer right now thus i'm super motivated, feeling accountable etc.. but we don't discuss nutrition or food and therefore i feel i'm missing the accountability there. you're right, "abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym" eh?

my nsv is that i'm progressing so well in the gym, today we increased weights and my trainer was all compliments. i'm proud that i'm doing this, at my age. virtually 90% of the folks i see at the gym are <30 and i'm always like where are the people or women my age?? could be the demographic at my gym, but i feel there's a steep drop off mid-life. i do parkrun regularly and i'm usually in the last 10% of finishers but top of my age group - because there is no one else!

i will ignore the scale for now.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    1e5832w0jopb.jpeg

And this happened today 😊🙌🏃🏻‍♀️🎉
    Jessica

Well done Jessica,I bet you're so proud of yourself !? I was nearly there last Tuesday but didn't quite make it.Look how far you have come,keep stepping 🚶‍♂️🏃‍♂️🚶‍♂️
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,221 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    ganival wrote: »
    ganival
    friday

pw 175.2
    cw 177.4

thanks @bearchested for sharing your experience with weight training, weight, nutrition etc.. i'm working with a personal trainer right now thus i'm super motivated, feeling accountable etc.. but we don't discuss nutrition or food and therefore i feel i'm missing the accountability there. you're right, "abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym" eh?
    Not nitpicking, but I would say "abs are made in the gym but revealed in the kitchen". 😂
    ganival wrote: »
    ganival
    my nsv is that i'm progressing so well in the gym, today we increased weights and my trainer was all compliments. i'm proud that i'm doing this, at my age. virtually 90% of the folks i see at the gym are <30 and i'm always like where are the people or women my age?? could be the demographic at my gym, but i feel there's a steep drop off mid-life. i do parkrun regularly and i'm usually in the last 10% of finishers but top of my age group - because there is no one else!

i will ignore the scale for now.
    I can relate. Back in June, I ran (if you can call it that) in a 10k fun run (Hunting Hollow 10k Fun Run in Henry Coe State Park here in California). Afterwards, in talking about it with family, friends and acquaintances,
    I'd say, "I came in second in my age group..." [pause]
    They'd say, "Wow, that's great!"
    I'd say, "Yeah... well of course, it's true, there were only two in my age group." 😂
    (The fastest person in that run passed me on his way back at the point when I was half way to the turnaround, so his pace was three times faster than mine, but his age was probably one third of mine as well. Oh, to be young again!)
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Sorry, late! 228.5
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Steps 1912
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    Steps 1912

@Armygirlarmyof1 I think you're in the US...why do you post your steps so early? Won't you be walking, even around your home, for the rest of the day? Or is this for yesterday, perhaps? Please remember to include the date and why not post right before bed, so you get the rest of your steps for the day? Just a thought...
    Jessica
  • Jlswensen
    Jlswensen Posts: 61 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Jlswensen
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    PW: 212.7
    CW: 212.1

just wanted to share a non weight victory - it’s been raining all morning but I still met my running group and ran 6 miles at a 15:15 slow pace. So happy that I stuck with it because it felt awesome.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Jlswensen wrote: »
    Jlswensen

just wanted to share a non weight victory - it’s been raining all morning but I still met my running group and ran 6 miles at a 15:15 slow pace. So happy that I stuck with it because it felt awesome.

Nice loss @Jlswensen !!! Wow, 6 miles in the rain?!!! I think that sets you up for automatic sainthood, right?!!! I can't imagine running in the rain...great job! Take the rest of the day off!!
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    8/11 8,400
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Jlswensen wrote: »
    Jlswensen

fantastic run! i love running with a group and your pace is fantastic. i did my 5km parkrun and just took it easy and had fun, then headed straight to the gym for an upper body workout. by 11am I've done my workout goals, showered and ready for an awesome saturday.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    @Jlswensen -- Awesome run, and great pace especially with a group. Summertime and rain + running, that sounds amazing. That's why it's worth it to run, for those kind of experience :+1::smile:
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    @jessicakrall8, I post when ir my steps usuay. Today has been a rough start to the day as I didn't sleep well last night and had some pain issues to start off.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jessicakrall8, I post when ir my steps usuay. Today has been a rough start to the day as I didn't sleep well last night and had some pain issues to start off.

@Armygirlarmyof1 I couldn't figure out your first sentence...I'm sorry you're in pain...hope you feel better soon. Was just suggesting that maybe you're posting too early way before noon, when even going back and forth to the restroom, you'll get more steps. Again, sorry you're hurting.
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    No, I normally post in the afternoon @Jessicakrall8. Today was much earlier.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The August Week 3 Group Challenge is open and will begin on Sunday, Aug 13th. Please join me for a Virtual Scavenger Hunt. Bring your creativity!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10897051/august-week-3-group-challenge-virtual-scavenger-hunt#latest

Hope to see you there each day this week!
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 and @pupowl, I'll be out of town starting August 24th through August 28th or 29th. I need to be excused for the 28th for weigh in. Please and ty
This discussion has been closed.