CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 210
    CW 210
    Sorry I’m super late with this
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl I am sorry to hear you’ve been having such a hard time! I really picked up in your message the mental battle going on. I can sympathize with that as I have felt that way before as well. You want something so bad but your behaviors and actions aren’t in line with what needs to happen to reach your goals. When I lost 40 pounds a few years ago, I remember people asking me what I did, and my response to everyone was, it doesn’t matter what I did, because until you’re mentally ready and mentally committed nothing will work for you. I would read success stories online, I would talk to people who clearly had transformations before my eyes, I would read fitness and nutrition articles, but nothing stuck until my mind became committed. I don’t know how that happened for me, but once it did, the battle became achievable. Please continue to share your feelings and know that many others of us have been right where you are And you will definitely get past us
  • Sbus12
    Options
    @dancingonstarz well that sounds like an NSV to me! The scenic pictures you shared were definitely a win over ice cream!
  • Sbus12
    Options
    @jlswensen that’s a major NSV!! it’s great that you’re part of a team that can encourage one another to get out there and make the most of even rainy days. I’m seeing so many NSV’s this weekend and I love it! Nice weight loss too!
  • Sbus12
    Options
    @izzyred9400 nice weight loss! Congrats on week three of your strength program! I hope you’re telling yourself each, and every time I pick up those weights, yes, I can do this, and I am doing it! I had just finished up week one of my new free weight routine, and I am so excited! It’s amazing how I could not barely walk or do stairs the day after I started squats and lunges, and now, after making myself do them every other day, it is much easier, and I don’t have the incredible soreness anymore. Just pushing through!
  • Sbus12
    Options
    @pedal__power for sharing about HASfit. I looked it up and I’ll definitely try some of the videos. Yesterday, I shock myself, and during my walk at night, I just got the urge to see if I could do a little bit of jogging/sprinting between walking. I wound up making half of my 45 minute walk intervals between running and walking and it felt so good. My heart rate was way up, I was sweating like crazy and I just felt like amazing that I was able to do that!

@jessicakrall8 25K steps!! You’re insane! Love it! You are so good at racking up those steps and reminding all of us that we don’t need nice weather to get them either. I didn’t even think about walking in place or using a walking video in the house. The other night I was short on my steps, and I thought, why not! I stood in my bedroom, marching in place until I met my steps for the day. Thanks for the reminder, Jessica!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    looneycatblue
    Wk 3 - Sun, Aug 13th
    PW: 171.6
    CW: 172.2
    Gain/Loss: +0.6 :(

HW: 182.2
    SW: 178.8 (started with beg May 2023)
    Month 1, May 2023 - End wt = 176.0: loss 2.8
    Month 2, Jun 2023 - End wt = 175.0: loss 1.0
    Month 3, Jul 2023 - End Wt = 172.2: loss 2.8
    Month 4, Aug 2023 - Gain/Loss MTD = -0-

Total since May 1, 2023 = Loss 6.6
  • Sbus12
    Options
    @Walela617 @alleykat69 @angmarie28
    Just checking in! How have your goals been coming along? Share your journey, success and challenges. We’re all here to encourage and learn from each other.

@looneycatblue such a small gain. You’re still showing a nice loss since May. Have you ever grabbed anything that weighs what you’ve lost to get a feel for what you’ve taken off your body. Go to the store and grab 6 pounds of butter and hold it for a minute and let it sink in that you’ve taken that off your body! That’s an awesome feeling!
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Sending virtual hugs to you @Pupowl
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    @pupowl, ty. He's brightened my day. Obviously I'm an animal lover. Lol
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl - I feel ya so much. I have a lot of trouble with food. We've all had a pretty traumatic 3 years or so - really traumatic, I eat when nervous and upset or I stop eating - kinda depends, but during lock-down I binged candy (talking pounds per day), cookies and chips and gained a lot. But it sounds like you have a great plan. Shakes are a good go-to, I have colitis and that's the go-to for a lot of us when we can't escape a flare, that and fasting. My pro-tip on shakes is to add a teaspoon to tablespoon of some sort of fiber powder so it doesn't clog the GI, i.e. shakes can be constipating, but then again my GI doesn't work right to start with.

Oi' feet, that's been my issue for weeks now.

I have a heel spur on my right foot, and I found out I was re-injuring it in the morning or when I got up at night to use the loo. Those first 10 steps were doing more damage then the rest of the day put together. So I bought something called a 'heel seat' on line and I wear those to bed, and am always in some kind of supportive athletic shoe or in heel seats. it's doing better but I won't be running or walking much for 4-6 weeks and I need to do special exercises but honestly been goofing off and not rolling out my foot or stretching it like I should.

I really look forward to your posts and photos. You've got this.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7
    Yeah, food is such a hassle, that's why the shakes can work well for me. It removes a lot of struggles for me: thinking about what to eat, shopping for it (and having a meltdown when it is out of stock) and not getting tempted by other things, making sure the nutrients are right, preparing it, cooking it, cleaning up after. I hate every single part about it to be honest. I can't cook because of my chronic fatigue, so I mostly have to go for prepackaged stuff which isn't easy to find veg/vegan, is often unhealthy, really expensive or I don't enjoy it, or all of the above... It's just a mess. My shakes have enough fiber, so that shouldn't really be a problem. It hasn't been in the past.
    Heel spur just takes forever to sort itself out as well. I never had it before, but it is super annoying. Not sure about re-injuring. It is just a thing of heel spur that it hurts the most after not moving for a while. For me at night and mornings are awful as well, but as long as I keep moving, it doesn't bother me much. I have done rest and stretches but I am kinda over that now. I am not very patient with it and don't like sitting still so I will just deal with the pain. I did get a special sock from my dad. Weirdly enough he got heel spur around the same time as me and he bought a set of special socks, but he only needed one so I got the other. So far I haven't noticed an improvement. Maybe I should try wearing it at night too. Thank you for the support <3
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Steps goal 8000:
    8/5 4118
    8/6 2102
    8/7 4148
    8/8 4327
    8/9 6926
    8/10 3463
    8/11 8129
    8/12 4694

Not sure why I decide to sign up for August Steps... it's been a hectic work schedule lately. I need to make the time and STEP-IT-UP!!! B)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Sbus12 wrote: »
    @Pupowl I am sorry to hear you’ve been having such a hard time! I really picked up in your message the mental battle going on. I can sympathize with that as I have felt that way before as well. You want something so bad but your behaviors and actions aren’t in line with what needs to happen to reach your goals. When I lost 40 pounds a few years ago, I remember people asking me what I did, and my response to everyone was, it doesn’t matter what I did, because until you’re mentally ready and mentally committed nothing will work for you. I would read success stories online, I would talk to people who clearly had transformations before my eyes, I would read fitness and nutrition articles, but nothing stuck until my mind became committed. I don’t know how that happened for me, but once it did, the battle became achievable. Please continue to share your feelings and know that many others of us have been right where you are And you will definitely get past us

Hi @Pupowl I meant to reply earlier, but got busy around the house with cleaning and forgot. I would add one thing to @Sbus12 and her comments...and regardless of what others do, no one's body acts or reacts to actions as yours does and no one knows your body better than you do. That being said...I hope you're running this plan by your doctor and once he/she gives the "go ahead", you're good to go. I've seen your success in the past and knowing you as I feel I do, once you put your mind to something, it's as good as done. Not to make it sound easy, but making the decision and resigning yourself to a designated plan, in my opinion, is more than half the battle.

So, what is your "go to" brand for the shakes...do you change flavors to give yourself variety or stick with your favorite one? I used to substitute a protein shake for a meal on occasion, but doubt I could be disciplined enough to do all shakes.

You got this gal and if you want to vent, you KNOW we're here for you!

Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    3451 in steps.

Question for yall: ik I can't be the only one who does this but who else likes to look at your friends diaries to get meal ideas? Im I can't be the only weirdo who does this...and go yall...
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    Sbus12 wrote: »
    **snip**
    Have you ever grabbed anything that weighs what you’ve lost to get a feel for what you’ve taken off your body. Go to the store and grab 6 pounds of butter and hold it for a minute and let it sink in that you’ve taken that off your body! That’s an awesome feeling!

@sbus12 I did JUST THAT yesterday when I was carrying in the two large containers of cat little (20 lbs each)...I've lost nearly double that and struggled to carry those two monstrosities in the house...my thought was oh my God, I used to carry this ALL THE TIME! No wonder I was tired, depressed and feeling dejected most of the time!!! It amazed me. Hoping that motivates me to get moving in the right direction.

Tomorrow it's back to work. This week's staycation was SO needed, enjoyed and appreciated...didn't spend much money at all, but I challenged myself nearly every day in some way...played with Betty and enjoyed time with her...read a little...binged one of my favorite detective shows and nearly got it caught up before the fall season begins...played piano (something I haven't done much of since closing my piano studio after teaching for 23 years), but I needed time away from it...sat down a few days ago and played for nearly an hour...so hoping, I can take this re-invigorated and rested feeling and make it last a few days before any stress piles up. It's always hard to face the mountain of emails after a vacation, but I'll chip away at it and hopefully be caught up on it in a week or so. Also hoping nothing dramatic has hit the fan while I was out, but I think if it had one or two people from the office would have called or texted me.

Jessica
This discussion has been closed.