Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 3,516 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? in the neighborhood of 56

What do you like to do for fun? gardening, walking, kayaking, movies

What major city do you live in or near? State? Near Twin Falls Idaho

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? keep on moving, stress less

How would your pet or friend describe you? ooo says the guppies

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. crocheting a lap blanket

What is your favorite TV show? Outlander, any CSI

2 fun things about you? making jokes

Anything else you would like to share? I am caretaker for my hubby.
  • Harriet8andLinus
    Harriet8andLinus Posts: 710 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Very many, never counted them. I think started them in 2016 on Sparks. I migrated over from Biggest Loser Challenge and I would rotate back and forth for a while. I recently took a break for a couple of rounds but I’m back and my ambition to achieve my goals is back in place.

What do you like to do for fun? I love spending time with my family, my DH and our two adult daughters. Both girls are single and busy with their lives and careers so every moment with them is precious. Right now, we are all vacationing together at the Jersey Shore. I also love kayaking, riding my EBike ( it’s pedal assist so I do have to work at pedaling) and water fitness exercise in the pool. I joined a book club this year and am surprised at how much I enjoy reading fiction. I volunteer at local Assisted Livings and Skilled Nursing facilities and I enjoy spending time with the residents. I like going to plays, live music and hockey games. And of course, I love to cuddle with my little dog Linus.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Near Allentown, Pennsylvania

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To lose the 5% in body fat. Eat heart healthy foods. Maintain lean muscle through exercise.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loving, empathetic and loyal. Always there to help others but too often neglecting myself.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I read the Good Earth for my book club. Wow, I can’t believe I never read it before!

What is your favorite TV show? I started watching Frazier. It is Laugh Out Loud funny. I never watched it during it’s long run on network TV, I was too busy with my real life. But I am enjoying it now.

2 fun things about you? I am trying to learn new things. I started Tai Chi and I am Really Bad at it. It is suppose to be a calming, meditative practice but I end up laughing my way through class when I get my rights and lefts messed up and often turn the wrong way. I have zero creativity but I love admiring arts and crafts. I tried to crochet but a ball of yard will roll away in fear when I come at it with a crochet hook. Seriously, some of the things I have made are downright bizarre.

Anything else you would like to share? Hoping everyone reaches their goals this season!
  • SusanM18MFP
    SusanM18MFP Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Not sure. I started on Spark People and transistioned to MFP. I've been taking a break for the last couple of rounds.

What do you like to do for fun? All forms of embroidery (counted cross-stitch, hardanger, etc), garden, read, spend time with friends, family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Lancaster, CA, on the high desert, north of Los Angeles.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I am trying to migrate to a whole foods, plant based way of eating. Hard to do for this non-veggie eater!

How would your pet or friend describe you? My pets think I'm a nut job, but they love me anyway.
    Friends would say I'm kind and funny.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I'm working on Christmas ornaments to give my family. I have finished 3.5 and need to complete 10.

What is your favorite TV show? I don't see much TV but recently I watched the entire DOC MARTIN series. I was sad when it was over because I enjoyed the characters.

2 fun things about you? 1. I make up silly songs to sing to my dogs (hence why they think I'm a nut job). 2. I've been retired just over a year and I DO NOT MISS WORKING!!!!

Anything else you would like to share? I hope everyone has a terrific challenge!
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my 2nd one.

What do you like to do for fun? Play golf

What major city do you live in or near? State? Pennsylvania, 3 hours from Phila, 4 hours from Pittsburgh

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Still trying to lose the last 10lbs of "hard lard"

How would your pet or friend describe you? Kind & reliable

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. The Summer Challenge

What is your favorite TV show? Nothing currently. I enjoy watching sitcom reruns

2 fun things about you? I used to run(slowly) and traveled to Edinburgh Scotland to do my first 10k. Met some online running friends there. Love to cruise too.....don't care where the ship is going, get me onboard! ;)

Anything else you would like to share? Looking forward to the Fall challenge to keep me on track.
  • jennaebedwell
    jennaebedwell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first

What do you like to do for fun? I like to walk or take roadtrips

What major city do you live in or near? I live in Atlantic Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My goals are to maintain my health habits I am creating and I hope to be down 30 pounds from my highest weight by Winter

• Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 3,906 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    I have lost count. I have been doing Challenges since Spark.

What do you like to do for fun?
    I love to read, cook, bake, spend time with my husband finding new spots to explore, and keep in touch with my friends.

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    I live 15 minutes from Charlotte, North Carolina in South Carolina.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    My health goal is to try and get my hypothyroidism under control.
    My fitness goal is to work on expanding the different types of workouts I can use.
    How would your pet or friend describe you?

My friend would say I am compassionate and thoughtful. Someone they rely on and know will always be there for them.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can.
    I finished reading Public Secrets by Nora Roberts

What is your favorite TV show?
    I rarely watch TV but I do enjoy FBI.

2 fun things about you?
    I can’t sit still when I drive because I love to listen to music and move with it. People always wonder what the heck I am doing when they pass me.

I collected dolls when I was younger (I loved to play school and they were my students) and still have them. I am going to give them to my granddaughters.

Anything else you would like to share?
    I love to learn and am thinking of going back to take classes and finish getting my Master’s degree.
  • cmoak54
    cmoak54 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first one!

What do you like to do for fun? gardening, reading, computer games, RV road trips, spend time and do crafts with my grandkids.

What major city do you live in or near? State? North of Green Bay, Wisconsin

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Lose a1 lb week, get out of my chair and move around, every day. Sleep better.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Moody, independent, honest and trustworthy.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. A week long trip to Alaska and didn't gain any weight!

What is your favorite TV show? NCIS, FBI, Home improvement shows.

2 fun things about you? I like to bake with my grandkids (but can't eat any of it!). I love to watch the birds that come to our feeders.

Anything else you would like to share? I have been married 50 years and retired after 45 years with the same company. Loyal or just too lazy to change? :D
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options

How many 5% challenges have you done? several

What do you like to do for fun? dance, read, watch sports, do arts and crafts
    What major city do you live in or near? State?Toronto, Canada

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? To maintain my weight loss, to continue to try new exercises and foods.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Patient, positive, calm, considerate.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. reading a book called A Vineyard Season. It was really interesting from start to finish.

What is your favorite TV show? game shows like Beat Shahzam.

2 fun things about you? I enjoy doing karaoke and i am up for trying new things.

Anything else you would like to share? I like to volunteer whenever i can for various things, including tennis.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    This will be my 27th challenge, plus the in-between ones.

Travel, read, write, crochet, work with my orchids

I'm in Hawaii, on the Big Island of Hawaii. Honolulu is the major city and it's on another island (Oahu)

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?

Continue healing from major hospitalizations during the summer challenge, and this includes eating healthy foods, and walking to strengthen my legs.

Cuddly (my pet), honest, loyal, caring

Breakfast! LOL But I've been reading a lot while recuperating, so I've finished many books this summer.

Anything on BritBox or Acorn (British mysteries). Other than that, I never watch TV.

2 fun things about you?
    I'll have my 89th birthday during this fall challenge, and I just retired a year ago from being a professor of psychology. I also lived on my 37' sailboat with one teen son for about five years.

I hope I make it through the fall challenge without getting sick again! Eating healthy foods regularly seems to be the trick for me. It was too easy just not to eat because I wasn't hungry or I was too busy. That got me into trouble and into the hospital.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 2023 challenges

What do you like to do for fun? anything with family, gardening, reading, biking

What major city do you live in or near? State? close to Los Angeles, Calif

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? get below 190; would really like to see my upper arms toned without batwings.

How would your pet or friend describe you? she who feeds and scratches me, the best ever

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Did a 1 mile swim off Santa Barbara. Back strip of my back yard landscaping - planted & mulched and ran a soaker. Transplanted most of the succulents to the corner. Trying to make my back look inviting and welcoming.

What is your favorite TV show? Naked and Afraid; Hoarders; Bar rescue reruns; Catfish

2 fun things about you? I like going to high school football games and ocean swimming.

Anything else you would like to share? Heading to Whitehall MI for a reunion the end of this month.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Quite a lot... My 1st was the 2021 Fall 5% Challenge Community.

What do you like to do for fun? Reading and spending time with my family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Adelaide, South Australia, AUSTRALIA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To lose weight and get down to my GW of 120lbs

How would your pet or friend describe you? To strict on myself but loyal to friends and family.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Mise-en-place done and now opening our little cafe :)

What is your favorite TV show? CSI

2 fun things about you? Anything with nature, I am in.

Anything else you would like to share? I am a mother of 2 teenagers and hubby & I have been running our own cafe for more than 10 years.
  • ironhorse046
    ironhorse046 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd--I recently finished the Summer Challenge

I like to sew, paper craft, play my piano and 'ukulele, and bake and cook. But, my hands aren't in good shape at the moment (trigger finger, wrist tendonitis from overuse because of 7 finger surgeries). I'm on doctor ordered rest to allow some healing to happen.

I live in Blackfalds, Alberta, Canada. I spend winters in Hawai'i

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    Health. Feel better by making better food choices. I'm an emotional eater and the last few months have been tough. I've been dealing with my hand issues since mid-May and my sister is also not well. I worry about her and turn to food to deal with my emotions.
    Fitness. Commit to minimum 3x per week of walking, stretching. I can find a million excuses not to exercise and I need to change my state of mind!

My friends would say I'm adventurous, fearless, and kind-hearted.

I made rhutabaga kimchi and put some in a jar to share with a friend who has never tried it! Dad grew amazing rhutabaga and I made 7lbs kimchi to share with my family.

The local evening news. I'm not much of a TV show watcher.

2 fun things about you?
    I can legibly write--in cursive--backwards, as in mirror image.
    I have a degree in Hawaiian Studies, which I received at the age of 52

I'm normally very quiet on posting because I don't think I need to "share" my challenges with others. I want to do better this time around and lean on the support from my Fall Challenge Team. I'm the first one to be there for others in their time of need, but I seem to think I can do it all on my own.
  • marilynWtx
    marilynWtx Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? So many I've lost count. I started out doing the challenges on SparkPeople.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, walk, workout, spend time with my husband, pets, and 83 year old neighbor who has become like family

What major city do you live in or near? State? We live in a rural area outside of Anson, Texas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To keep on moving a LOT because that's what helps me to feel good. I like to exercise and to get all forms of exercise.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Cuddly

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. A sandwich

What is your favorite TV show? Don't watch TV

2 fun things about you? I'll probably read or listen to 300 books this year. We've made walking trails through our oak trees and shinery so that I can get in really good workouts walking our trails that are deep sand.
  • catnurse1
    catnurse1 Posts: 3,173 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Started on Spark many moons ago, continued here and have done all in-betweens as well

Play with my critters, watch old movies (you know, ones with story lines)

Wasilla, Alaska, moved here from Perfect Palo Alto, CA when Hubby retired in 2006

Gotta lose weight and hopefully not gain it back - had gallbladder removed and now have to get my high triglycerides back on track

Pets call me Big Sucker and humans call me Stubborn Bull-headed Pollock

Just came in from watching my two mousers playing in the rain with a fox. The cats won.

All-time is "Seinfeld". I don't watch much now as nothing really interests me, but do watch "Whose Line Is It Anyways?" reruns, all the way back to the original series in England.

2 fun things about you?
    1.) I was praised for my audacity and perseverance and can't remember why. I was just impressed by the big words.
    2.) I constantly have conversations with my cats (and dogs when they're inside) and talk to them more than to the humans in the house

Comment about Seinfeld. In 2006 for Christmas, Hubby gave me the whole DVD boxed series of "Seinfeld". Over the next two years, DD and I watched that every night until August 2009. That's when she started kindergarten and couldn't stay up at night anymore. We watched it from the pilot episode to the very last episode. Then we watched it with the commentary, then with the notes about nothing. And we watched all the extras and Easter eggs. She knows every square inch of every DVD, and in almost every conversation, she can relate the topic to a Seinfeld episode.

I was ridiculed when people learned of this. I saw nothing wrong with it as it was hard to find anything on TV short of PBS that DD would watch. Seeing how she loved to read and take care of her animals, and spent time with her friends and family, I don't think she was "warped". I remember the first time we were at an elementary school event and she referenced Seinfeld, the boy she was talking to said he got in trouble when his mom caught him watching it. DD laughed. The mother was horrified.

One last note - when I was in the hospital, the eve of my gallbladder surgery, one of the stations was showing marathons of old shows, "Friends", "How I Met Your Mother", and others. That night it was "Seinfeld". The last episode I watched before lights out was "The Junior Mint" - Jerry and Kramer are observing a surgery from a balcony in the OR, and Jerry accidentally hits Kramer's hand and a Junior Mint falls down into the incision of the patient. Thought that was appropriate.
  • bevpresley1
    bevpresley1 Posts: 5,305 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 20ish

What do you like to do for fun? I love to hike, bike, and kayak.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Birmingham, AL

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I really need to get back to a regular routine, if possible

How would your pet or friend describe you? My cat seems to think I'm a good nap mat.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. a quilt, Boardwalk

What is your favorite TV show? Strange New Worlds

2 fun things about you? I love to quilt, I carry treats in my pocket when I walk in the neighbor and the dogs love me.

Anything else you would like to share? Since mom's stroke in April I have been taking care of her. We make it to my house for a few days about once a month.
  • paceka2
    paceka2 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? So many that I've lost count.

What do you like to do for fun? I enjoy taking my dog Daisy for walks. Also traveling, but we haven't done much of that lately.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Northwest Suburb of Minneapolis, MN.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I am working on strength and balance and would like to lose some weight this time.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Daisy says I'm the best doggie mom ever!

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Getting the gardens weeded so I can plant next year. Haven't been able to attend to them for the past 2 years and this summer it was just too hot.

What is your favorite TV show? General Hospital (daytime), the NCIS's and Blue Bloods (evening). But right now I'm watching The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix and it's pretty good.

2 fun things about you? I'm not a fan of cooking, but want to eat real food from scratch. I signed up for an Urban Sketching art course this fall, even though I do not consider myself any kind of artist.

• Uptoit59
    Uptoit59 Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? several

What do you like to do for fun? I like to play pickleball.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Charlotte NC but live in SC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I am working on strength and balance and would like to lose some weight this time.

How would your pet or friend describe you? I am a loyal friend and pet mom.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I don't know...

What is your favorite TV show? I love Ted Lasso

2 fun things about you? Dogs and cats seem to love me and I know I love them. ?

Anything else you would like to share? not too much- I own my business and am very busy working 7 days a week and have to fight for every spare minute :)
  • azhkrgrl
    azhkrgrl Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my 3rd one

What do you like to do for fun? Hike, travel, listen to podcasts, read, gardening.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Madison, WI.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose body fat & weight, strength train & improve my flexibility.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Regimented but fun.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Summer Challenge.

What is your favorite TV show? I don’t watch much TV but I enjoyed Jack Ryan.

2 fun things about you? My family is a mini UN & English is not my first language.

Anything else you would like to share? No
  • Yiche912
    Yiche912 Posts: 6,207 Member
    Options
    I will come back and respond soonest.

2 fun things about you?

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? a lot-i think i started in 2018?

What do you like to do for fun? play games, do reading challenges, exercise, chat with friends

What major city do you live in or near? State? 45 minutes west of NYC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? to get back to 160s! Get my self control back!

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, attentive, for my dog cherie-the one who feeds me and the one who lets me in and out

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. The dishes an hour ago!

What is your favorite TV show? Hmmm Grey's or the Today show? Not really a big tv person

2 fun things about you? I push myself to get my 13,500 steps every day. I love to chat books.

Anything else you would like to share? I have a new volunteer gig that takes up a lot of time but i really enjoy it.