Options
    Steps
    9/13 6,649
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 282 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Sbus12 wrote: »
    I’ve always been a stress or emotional eater. Recently I just received a promotion but my replacement for my current job (same company) doesn’t start for another month. I’m learning my new position and helping out my old department by doing all the mandatory requirements for them so they don’t fall behind.
    I’m feeling the effects of the stress now unfortunately. I’m having anxiety and not sleeping well. I woke up this morning with high anxiety, hence why I’m writing at 3:45. My routine has changed and I’m not walking before work or after work anymore. I am getting a midday walk at least though. I’m packing healthy lunches, but I tend to graze or rather mindlessly binge when I come home before I make dinner for my family. As I woke up so early again this morning it hit me – I am not taking care of myself! As I write this, you would think that would be totally obvious for me, but it really wasn’t. In my mind I kept just thinking, OK, I’ll get to that, I’ll do that tomorrow, I’ll start tomorrow, but tomorrow keeps extending, and now I’m feeling the effects of many, many tomorrow goals ignored.

@Cyncia85 i need a mantra for this! Maybe something like—work will always be there, but you’re health can’t wait. Throw one out to me 😉
    @Sbus12
    I'm putting some thought into a mantra. Stay tuned. 🙂
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Step update

Tuesday 9/12: 7,514
    Wednesday 9/13: 15,098

Tuesdays are generally a bit lower because of our schedule. My boys have physical therapy in the morning making it difficult to get our morning walk in, and it's still too hot to go out in the afternoon. Then my husband has a dart league thing he does on Tuesday nights, so Im not able to go to the gym at night. I know it's not a huge deal overall, but it still bums me out having both on the same day, making it harder to reach my step goal.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thursday steps 5092
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    Busy but productive day today...tomorrow will be insane as half my team is out...praying 5pm comes quickly! LOL

How was your day! The best part of my day was the drive home...temps are in the low 80s today and there was such a nice breeze...was heavenly. Tomorrow's high is only 77...and the weekend is to be cooler and sunny, so that will be terrific.

Saw several people discussing emotional/stress eating. Would this be a good topic for next week's Group Challenge? Let me know if it's of interest and we can do a discussion on it and share tips for handling it. Thoughts? @sbus12 and @Cyncia85, what do you think?!

Jessica
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Elk rut happening in the park so I'll probably be inside on the stationary bike for the rest of the month or so. Put in an hour this morning.

Having a lot of trouble with my right foot still. I've treated it like PF but I'm having my doubts about that being the issue. Hmm...

Diet is on track, exercise is pretty derailed as far as being active. I'm either on the stationary bike or sitting / laying down. I really want to join the step challenge, lol, I just can't walk though. I'm hoping here soon it will be better.

• Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 I think that’s a great idea for thr next challenge. I was excited when I saw your current one and I bookmarked it but then totally forgot about it until Tuesday. I was bummed to miss out? I’ve never done a challenge, do I just start writing and join in or do I have to officially join it? Thanks!

The temps by me are much lower than yours Jessica. The last couple nights its been in the low 50s and I’m waking freezing! But, I love walking around with my sweatshirt at night and having a warm cup of tea. I’m so excited for fall!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I finally got to go for a walk again after a week of staying inside due to the heat. I had a pretty good time and I saw a roedeer far away in the woods. The rest of the day wasn't very interesting. Happy Friday everyone <3
    September 14 numbers
    • Sleep: 8h 5m ~ 84 score
    • Steps: 19.349
    • Zone Minutes: 66
    • Calories: 1446
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    Steps
    Sept. 13= 12,963
    Sept. 14= 9944
  • dauntlessdivya
    dauntlessdivya Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW 165. 9
    CW 164. 6
  • dancingonstarz
    dancingonstarz Posts: 27 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    dancingonstarz
    Sunday (9/10)
    PW: 155.2
    CW: 156.1(+0.9)
    LTD: 10.5

Sorry this is so late, my work schedule recently has been so convoluted that I've lost all sense of what day of the week it is, so time seems to just sneak past me.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Steps
    9/14 9,770
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Busy but productive day today...tomorrow will be insane as half my team is out...praying 5pm comes quickly! LOL

How was your day! The best part of my day was the drive home...temps are in the low 80s today and there was such a nice breeze...was heavenly. Tomorrow's high is only 77...and the weekend is to be cooler and sunny, so that will be terrific.

Saw several people discussing emotional/stress eating. Would this be a good topic for next week's Group Challenge? Let me know if it's of interest and we can do a discussion on it and share tips for handling it. Thoughts? @sbus12 and @Cyncia85, what do you think?!

Jessica

Hi @jessicakrall8 - I popped on for a quick MFP check. I'm on my lunch break. I think this would be a helpful challenge.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Friday steps 3440
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    PW 189.5
    CW 195.0

I was out of town on vacation but I can’t figure out how I gained so much in two weeks!
This discussion has been closed.