WaistAways Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I moved my scale downstairs- might need to move it back again-they can be so fussy, will just get the benefit of a flight of stairs to weigh in. My goal of pre-logging, or logging at all, has not happened - yet! I know it's just one small thing, but last night I bought a whole bunch of the whole rye/pumpernickel/sunflower bread (that healthy german bread that lasts forever) from Aldi. When successful in 2020, a half a slice with my egg on top (added tomato/spinach,etc)was a filling and easily measured breakfast. Will see if it can help again. Delaying breakfast too - I've always had a tendency to eat the minute I get up, whether that's 5 am or 7:30 am. I find I can bring it to work and eat at my desk at 9am and that's fine. And soup season has arrived in Massachusetts - lovely cool nights now.
    @ashleycarole86 good for you on the abstaining, it can be so easy to say oh just one, but for me, it's derailing, one to two, then I'm eating chips and rummaging around for more junk to eat, and affects the following day as well. I've taken to having crystal light lemonade in a huge wine glass - it helps so far...find I go and refill it as I would with that wine.
    @conleywoods sounds like crosscountry works for you :) they should award parent runners a ribbon too!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    PW 173
    CW 173.4

Yesterday was a good day, today will be a good day also !

• cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune - that breakfast looks so delicious, keep us posted what changes you are making to your diet moving away from carbs.

@ashleycarole86 great job on the Peloton and limiting the alcohol
    @conleywoods great job getting in activity when you can. I go swimming when my daughter has lessons and we both get a good workout in.

I also got a good Peloton workout in this morning, packed my lunch and setting myself us for success on this hump day.

• MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check-in. My steps have not been great and I still haven't made it back to a spin or CrossFit class, but I am hopeful that I will break that trend tomorrow. I finally feel like I can breathe again. I've done well tracking my food this week and I am getting better each day about drinking more water.

@wishfuljune - that breakfast really does look amazing! I'm not much of a breakfast fan for many reasons, but if I had that as a daily option I would be a much different person. Does it take long to make? Can you make it in bulk?

@ashleycarole86 - I want to harness your restraint next week while the owners of our company are in town. I always drink with them. Until this year? Great job on saying no to the alcohol and doing more on the Peloton!

@conleywoods - it is so great that you and your husband go to your kids' meets! It sounds like a lot of fun and a fantastic way to get exercise.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen - It doesn’t take long at all! I throw the banana, pumpkin, milk, Greek yogurt, and protein powder in my Ninja blender and let that go for 45 seconds. Sometimes I give it another go if it looks like not all the protein powder blended for 10-15 more seconds. Then I basically take a Tbsp and add the hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, chop up some apple chips and apple and top it off. I’d say it’s at most 10 minutes to put together but that’s because I make it look pretty. I’d probably save time if I just dumped everything on after the blender! 😂

@cleaneater80 - Thanks! My dietitian recommended nuts and seeds, or avocados as quick ways to get more fat and reduce my carbs. I’m so used to avocado toast, so I’ll need to look up some inspiration for bread-less avocado toast.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I’m so used to avocado toast, so I’ll need to look up some inspiration for bread-less avocado toast.

@wishfuljune - I saw a recipe for blueberry avocado pancakes that sounded interesting (https://runningtothekitchen.com/blueberry-avocado-pancakes/). To make it low carb, I would take out the sugar or significantly reduce it if you need a little more sweet, and substitute almond flour. Also, check out this breakfast in an avocado - https://americanexpeditioners.com/paleo-baked-egg-in-avocado.php. I am going to have to try out this one!

Good luck finding alternatives, and have fun trying them!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    PW 175.4
    CW 174.2
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86

PW 214.2
    CW 217.2

This is my post-vacation gain, I was about 4 higher when we first got home so I'm slowly whittling it down!!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    PW: 98.1
    CW: 97.4
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    Played soccer again last night .. still just practicing until our first game. I am so sore today!! It definitely works me in ways i haven't been worked in years.

Also fully tracked my food for the first day in forever.. pathway back to the 100s here I come!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

I didn't get to post last night - I went to help a friend move. It was supposed to be 1 carload of boxes, home by 5 latest... Got home at 10:30 :grimace: It was a mess - mouse nests, more stuff than anyone needs, and she was trying to sort things out as we went - you get the picture! I love her dearly, but what a mess. Anyhow, at least she didn't move everything, and the new house is beautiful. The moonset and super clear sky full of stars was worth being out late for. Wow.

Back to the apple crop today! And hopefully a Jasper ride this afternoon in the sunshine.

Have a good one!
  • wishfuljune
    Options
    Hello all!

Yesterday was a day that tested my restraint with emotional eating. The pup and I got into a minor accident on our way to his daycare. We’re fine and the owner and their dog are also fine which is good. I had to wait for the police to show up and then file a claim, so what should have been an easy morning, turned into me running very behind, late for a meeting, and on an empty stomach.

I stopped to get a bagel and coffee, which at least tied me over for 3 hours until lunch time, but I could feel the stress in my jaw and shoulders throughout the day. I decided to drink more water, ask myself if I’m feeling hungry or just emotional, and do breath work to help me. I also did yoga after work as a way to move my body before I made us dinner.

I am pleased that I didn’t go over in my calories or mindlessly snack after my eventful morning. I’m also just so glad that we’re okay; I was so worried about my dog I called the daycare and asked them to keep a closer eye on him, just in case. He’s clearly resilient and not shaken up at all which is good.

Today I have a hip hop spin class after work that I am looking forward to, and then making more of our lunch (chicken and cauliflower rice casserole) to round out the week/weekend.
  • jugar
    Options
    @wishfuljune What a morning! I am so glad you and the pup are OK. I am also glad you posted this description of your day and how you dealt with the stress and stayed on track. Well done! This is a great example of the good tools and how to put them to use. Hugs!
  • wishfuljune
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen - I am thinking of you and your husband! Thank you for sharing and knowing this is a safe space.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen I am sorry to hear your news. You had your day to self indulge and now you can get back to it. I hope you feel better soon.

@wishfuljune I am glad you and your pup are ok!

Just a boring few days here for me. Made good food choices, just need to get back to exercising and increasing my steps.
  • jugar
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen That's some tough news - for both of you. I'm glad that sharing here helps you get some of the feelings and thoughts expressed. It is hard to share, but harder not to. Give yourself and your hubby big hugs - I hope you'll be feeling better soon. :heart:
  • wishfuljune
    Options
    PW: 193.8
    CW: 190.0

Happy Friday!

I am so surprised and so pleased. This week I really committed to myself to stay within my calorie goal and be more mindful of my macros. I made recipes from Abbey’s Kitchen (she is on YouTube and a registered dietician) and I think that helped a lot because her meals were so balanced. I never felt super hungry in-between meals which is always a plus. My Fat macros are higher, but I’m using things like avocados, peanut butter, nuts, and hemp seeds, and that seems to be helping a lot with my satiety.

I also have done two strength workouts from Caroline Girvan’s Fuel series, some yoga, and a spin class last night so staying active has also been good too.

I’ll keep making recipes from her site for this upcoming week to see how it goes. I’m also going to a wedding next Saturday, so even more reason to stay close to my calorie goals so that I can enjoy myself on the weekend. 😊
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday
    CW: 220.4
This discussion has been closed.