WaistAways Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    Some lovely green coming in to our spreadsheet - good work! Of course, having our one male human back on board gives us some really good numbers when he's on track, eh? Go Brad! (we then turn green with envy...)
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune Scary about the accident but you handled yourself well. Glad you and the pup are ok. I love Abbey's Kitchen and her YouTube content... she is the queen of the Hunger Crushing Combo! :)

@MaddawgMadsen Thinking of you and your husband as you navigate this difficult news together. Thanks for sharing.
  • Antonia2050
    Antonia2050 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    CW: 216

I’m on the struggle bus with exercise and motivation for it. Funny how easy it is to fall out of exercise while it takes weeks to get a routine in place.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - good luck at the golf tournament! If you're having fun, then you're doing well regardless of what the score says!

I made it to spin class today and I hope to get through the CrossFit class I have scheduled for noon. It will be 1/2 tempo for me, but it will be so nice to be back!

Thank you everyone for the kind words. This forum has turned out to be exactly what I need to stay focused on my goals, but also to have somewhere to share.
  • jugar
    Options
    CW: 216

I’m on the struggle bus with exercise and motivation for it. Funny how easy it is to fall out of exercise while it takes weeks to get a routine in place.

So after I posted my weight and pity party about exercise, I went out and walked a little over half a mile before the rain started. I have all the tools I need to exercise. Added bonus, I live in Hawaii. It’s just those negative, depressing thoughts that were starting to win.

Thanks for letting me post so I can work through it

That is so good! And you DID lose almost a pound since last week - so pat yourself on the back about that too.

It really is easy to fall off the exercise habit - but just like all the rest of the tools we use, we just need to get started again. You did well today - and you can have another beautiful day tomorrow. Posting helps for sure!

• jugar
    Options
    SUCH a beautiful day here today! Sunny and just warm enough - and of course that means a nice long ride with Jasper. He was full of energy today so there were nice long trotting sessions - good for both of us, exercise-wise. We were with our friends (my friend and her mare) so it was even more fun.

I love the feeling of the change of season (happy equinox on Saturday!) and coming home after riding to a lovely bowl of orange soup. Everything in it is orange or close to it. It is my cool and cold weather go-to. It has sweet potato, carrots, red lentils, turmeric, ginger (both fresh if possible), and vegetable broth. And a lot of coarsely ground pepper - everything blended up after cooking to make a nice thick soup. Today was the first bowl since last winter, and it sure tasted good.

Time for the Saturday people, and anyone left over from before Saturday - number party!!
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359
    @wdalzell5401
    @IDebraK
    @project_shan
    @adrimango
    @conleywoods
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @Pearl4686

Thanks!
  • wdalzell5401
    wdalzell5401 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 78.9
    CW: 78.7

Started back at Parkrun while I was away last weekend. Feels good to be getting back to my normal exercise. It definitely makes a difference to mood and motivation, and the better mindset helps with making healthy food choices.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Good morning WaistAways!

PW: 174.4
    CW: 176 (lower than last week, but it was always going to be hard to get all the way back under 174 after a weigh in like last week's)
  • jugar
    Options
    Good morning WaistAways!

PW: 174.4
    CW: 176 (lower than last week, but it was always going to be hard to get all the way back under 174 after a weigh in like last week's)

You lost almost 2 pounds this week! Back patting, please :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    Special Last 100 Days of 2023 Challenge!! What's YOUR ONE THING?!

Hope you'll join us! Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900035/special-last-100-days-of-2023-challenge#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    The Sep Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Sep 24th. We're focused on movement this week. Hope you'll join us for this 7 day challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900037/sep-week-4-group-challenge-7-day-challenge#latest

See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.