WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @ashleycarole86 I'll be strapping the fitbit back on tomorrow! Put me in the stepping and exercise team for 10k daily in October. I'll try to remember to take it off when I go riding! You don't need to count my horse's steps, although he did become a bit rotund this summer :hushed:

Fantastic! I have you down

For all my last week of September participants, thanks to those that have submitted steps already!
    For those still wanting to submit, I am leaving for Vegas on Thursday so I need to get the report out Wednesday. Please make sure you have your numbers in by end of day Tuesday to be counted in.

My last day, Sep 30, I did 10181 steps and 33 minutes on the Peloton.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Jolene. I am a married 38 years old woman living in SW Colorado with my husband and two crazy, lovable dogs.

My goals are to lose weight (like most people here) and get in better shape. My goals include working out at least four days/week, sticking to 1,360 calories/day, and a daily 6,000 step goal which can be a struggle because I work a desk job. Speaking of which, @Gidgitgoescrzy - what lumber company do you work for? I am responsible for everything administrative at a wood flooring manufacturer and we get all of our lumber from the Appalachians. It would be cool if our companies work together.

Like a few people have mentioned, I too use alcohol to dull pain and as a social tool. One other goal I have for myself is sober October where I don't drink for the entire month. I've done a month of no alcohol before, but I hate to admit, it's not easy.

@conleywoods - thank you for your questions!

I am on this journey because I hit my point. I saw pictures of myself at a friend's wedding that I didn't like. I realized I never felt good or confident. Trying on 10 different outfits and choosing the one that made me look less fat than the others, was not where I wanted to be. Also, my mom is in her late 70s and struggles to walk, breathe, and has a myriad of other issues. I don't want to be like that when I'm older.

My perfect weight loss day would start after a good night's sleep where I don't have to wake up to an alarm. It would then include a CrossFit workout or something else that gets my heart pumping. Later in the day I would go for a walk with my husband and our dogs. My foods/meals would be planned ahead of time, and I would stick with them.

• cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods love this idea

✅ Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    I have many extended family members who grossly obese and I've always told myself that I don't want to follow the family norms. Now that I'm in my 40's I can see how taking control of my health will give me a fuller life with my family and the work is worth it. Keeping up with my daughter and having our dog who demands long walks give me no excuses to sit on the couch. As much as it is about my weight it's also about the relationship I have with food. I've had the all or nothing mentality for the longest time and want to change it and having a daughter I want to show her a good example in having a good relationship with her body and food.

✅ What would your perfect weight loss day look like? For example, how would you start your day🌞, foods you would eat🥬🍎 and activities🚴‍♂️?
    My perfect day involves getting up early to get my workout in. I always feel like I've accomplished something for myself before my day has even started. I don't track calories but my meals would consist of veggies, fruit and good carbs. After dinner would be a family walk with the dog and a relaxing soak in the hot tub before getting to sleep early.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    @jugar I cannot pull up any of the spreadsheets all of a sudden. Not sure if it's my phone.

So yesterday was a lazy day. Did not end up going for a walk, I took a nap instead. Which then made it hard for me to sleep last night. Today is a new, although tired day. I am eating according to plan and brought my clothes for body pump. I hope to go to bed early tonight and I will put my phone down lol.
  • JScottJr1988
    JScottJr1988 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon family. My name is John Sterling Scott Jr. and my goal is to not have a New Year’s resolution lol I’m an endomorph so I carry fat around my midsection. I need to lose 10 pounds before the beginning of the year while building muscle(I believe I can accomplish it). I also need to start journaling my food again for accountability. That is why I joined Team WaistAways. On the fitness level, I became a sponsored athlete by EPN Supplements because of my instagram profile. I have to honor them, as well as myself. You can also follow me on instagram @jscottgqva. Have a great day!!!!! 🏋🏿‍♀️
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @jugar I cannot pull up any of the spreadsheets all of a sudden. Not sure if it's my phone.

MFP seems to be having a problem with links. Again. I am waiting a response from their tech help people...

UPDATE! It seems to be working again now. They fixed it :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Good afternoon family. My name is John Sterling Scott Jr. and my goal is to not have a New Year’s resolution lol I’m an endomorph so I carry fat around my midsection. I need to lose 10 pounds before the beginning of the year while building muscle(I believe I can accomplish it). I also need to start journaling my food again for accountability. That is why I joined Team WaistAways. On the fitness level, I became a sponsored athlete by EPN Supplements because of my instagram profile. I have to honor them, as well as myself. You can also follow me on instagram @jscottgqva. Have a great day!!!!! 🏋🏿‍♀️

Good to see you! Your goals sound absolutely reasonable, and journaling (and hanging out here) will certainly help. We have some serious athletes in here and some enthusiastic amateurs, and all of us struggle sometimes to keep it going. Looking forward to your progress :smiley:
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 191.5
    CW: 190.7

Why am I on this journey? Because I need to be - I still need to lose more weight. I need to be healthier so I can live a quality life in my senior years.

What would my perfect weight loss day look like? 3 square meals - fruit, dairy, protein for breakfast - protein, veggies and fruit for lunch - protein and veggies for supper - a total of 1200 - 1400 calories. Some sort of activity - getting my steps in, recumbent bike or outdoor walk.
  • jugar
    Options
    Upcoming weigh-ins through Tuesday:

@strong_fit_ells
    @lauren_989
    @MaddawgMadsen

Thanks!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @jugar can I move to the support team please? There's too much going on for me right now
  • jugar
    Options
    DD265 wrote: »
    @jugar can I move to the support team please? There's too much going on for me right now

Absolutely - drop by when you can, though, OK? We miss you :heart:
This discussion has been closed.