Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    torih941 wrote: »
    This week definitely got away from me. I had some type of event every day after work, but I felt like I stay in control of my eating. I recently rejoined Hello Fresh to make sure I am actually eating at home and making meals instead of stopping on my way home. I'm hoping when I have enough confidence in the kitchen I can stop them and just make up my own creations. Right now it's been helpful to have something telling me what to do.

My goal today is to get some good steps in at this arts festival this evening and not spend too many calories on alcohol.

Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a great week. I'm looking forward to a destressing weekend.

What kind of meals do they send you with your hello fresh? We had a previous teammate who did quite well with home meal delivery. She started doing it 5 days a week until she eventually tapered the frequency. How many days will you be doing?

I'm doing it 3 days a week right now, just to start off. This week was a baked chicken + roasted green beans, a pork rice bowl, and a Gouda cheeseburger + fries. You get to pick what you want and sub out different ingredients (for a fee). I've enjoyed the meals so far! And I'm proud of myself for getting back in the kitchen. That's definitely my downfall. I'll do okay working out, but won't do well nutrition wise or vice versa, so I'm working on my nutrition first and hoping to hit the gym this weekend so I can actually improve in both areas.

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    ddainiak wrote: »
    @Slimmersixties I would like to be 160 pounds - a stretch, but hope I can make it.

Great to have you joining us
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 485.6
    CW - 483.6

just need to knock off 3.6 more lbs to be at a total loss of 150.. friggin neat.

You are amazing. What are some of your NSV’s that you are noticing to go along with your scale victories?

I think the main one is that I've removed all additional chairs that were around the house to support me when I was barely making it from one room to the next. I can basically zip around every room, i'm not sitting down to make my meals anymore, etc.. the house is a lot less cluttered lol.

A cool but costly one is the constant need for new pants. I still have the same belt and its a bit comical how big it looks now.

The increase collection of medals from virtual challenges is pretty nice too. 6 so far for different places/distances.

Also really appreciating the reduction in pain. Even driving used to hurt, but I am back to loving driving around and seeing all the things.

I haven't spoken about it since I started with yall (incoming overshare), but the increase in self esteem has also been doing well with my mental health. I went into a store for the first time in years last week. Granted I plotted out the timing so there was only the one person working the register in there, but it was the first time I went in somewhere and interacted with a stranger. No longer in therapy for agoraphobia- seems to be something I am pushing through.

There are plenty more, but those are some of the biggies. Excited for next week, hoping to have a total of 150 lbs down at weigh in. Fingers crossed.

• Slimmersixties
    Options
    b8ngwur3eigy.jpeg

@nachdeezy

has agreed to become a team motivator. He has been on the most amazing weight loss journey and is a great cheerleader to us all.

Couldn't think of anyone better to help team motivation!
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Steps: 4,562
    Exercise: 4/4
    Close rings: 5/28

I was 5 minutes shy of my 45 minutes yesterday. I am running on fumes this morning as I stayed up late with my granddaughter. I even forgot to get on the scales. I will weigh tomorrow morning. I did 15 minutes of mini walks this morning and would like to get another 15. No matter what, I will reach my step goal. I have my diabetic check this afternoon. Is it still a diabetic check if your numbers have been in the non diabetic range forever? 🤷‍♀️

It’s Friday and Thanksgiving weekend is here. Can you say pumpkin pie? 🥧

I can say it, but I am trying not to lol
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Question:

How did you come up with your username? Mine is boring, just my first name along with my last and the year I created my account.

Mine was an obvious change from fat fifties to slimmer sixties after a 85lb weight loss!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    @slimmersixies ~ I would like to be under 200 so my target is 199! Thanks for doing the mini challenge!

Great to have you on the challenge. Onederland it's a great xmas gift to yourself!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    @Slimmersixties Lol, seeing my goal in print looks scary. Then I thought, I didn't pledge 10 pounds. My goal is 179. Please correct. Thank you so much for offering this mini-challenge.

I should be able to make it, but I don't know. The pounds seem to be sticking like glue.

Sorry. I'll get it corrected :)
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @Slimmersixties Thanks for posting those numbers - I need that bigger picture goal.

A couple of wobbly days food-wise, but I have been true to my step count. Was up and out this morning first thing and got more than half those steps in already.

I am hosting a birthday party for my mom on Thursday evening, which also means that I am cooking. Cleaning house + party food prep + family has a bunch of triggers for me. Hope to find a few minutes to do some proactive strategizing prior. Just putting this out here to the group is definitely part of that - ask me how I did on Friday!

Thanks, team!

Keep focused on your long term goal and don't let bad days get you off track! It's Friday ... how did you do?
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 485.6
    CW - 483.6

just need to knock off 3.6 more lbs to be at a total loss of 150.. friggin neat.

Absolutely amazing!
  • MyChoiceisaGoodLife
    Options
    Penny @MyChoiceisaGoodLife

Friday weigh-in: 10/06/23

PW: 157.2
    CW: 158.8

😒
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Sorry Linda, left home at 4.30am to fly to the UK (visiting my mum) so weighing in tomorrow am instead.

First question she asked me on arrival?
    Do you want something to eat? What is it with mothers and food? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Now need 6 days of super willpower to resist all the constant offers of really fattening food!!!
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    LiketoYak
    Weigh In Day: Friday 10/06/23
    PW (Previous Weight):295.4
    CW (Current Weight):293.1
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating this weekend. My goal this weekend is to track everything but not worry about the totals so much. Family celebrations are important and so are good choices.

What's everyone else doing this weekend?
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 214 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Keep focused on your long term goal and don't let bad days get you off track! It's Friday ... how did you do?

@Slimmersixties Thanks for asking! I appreciate that!
    I did post this earlier today (sorry if anyone is reading twice!)
    RoblinB wrote: »
    So there were no disasters to push my buttons for an emotional eating response - a good thing! Admittedly, I ate more than I usually do, more than I should have (including some dumb calories!), and did not pass up the fantastic birthday cake my daughter made. However, I was able to keep my intake to a minimum earlier in the day, and both yesterday and the day before got my steps in, even though I sure didn't feel like it after everyone had left and I had finished cleaning up! However, the scale was not too unkind this morning, so all told, more success than failure. :) Now I just have to hold the fort until my family makes the rest of that birthday cake disappear...

It was very good cake, so thankfully it is already gone! :)
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 713 Member
    Options

@NachDeezy Thanks for sharing your NSV. Sounds like you are making amazing changes in your life and body. Great work. Keep it up.
    @Slimmersixties You have done a wonderful job losing 85 pounds. That is awesome. Thanks for providing the mini-challenge. No problem on mistake. I just didn't want too much of a challenge. The weight seems to be hanging on and on and on.

• Slimmersixties
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weigh in

Pw 187.5
    Cw 187.5

Not on my usual scales as visiting my mother so hopefully I'll have 2 weeks loss next week when I'm home. But only if i resist my mothers constant offers of food!
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,083 Member
    Options
    ddainiak
    Weigh In Day: Saturday 10/07/23
    PW : 174.2
    CW: 172.6
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 171
    CW 173.8

Mexican food and Margaritas last night! Need extra water today and to get refocused. My weight has been trending the wrong way this year🙄three months to turn it around.
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Belated Friday checkin
    PW: 319
    CW: 321
This discussion has been closed.