lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    torih941 wrote: »
    Sunday Weigh-In (Late!)
    torih941
    SW: 275.2
    10/8: 270.8
    10/17: 275

Went up, but I know it was due to the trip. I definitely let myself splurge a little bit, but I enjoyed myself! I know I can get back on track, so it'll be okay. I'm back home and can control my eating. I hope everyone has had a good week!
    All that matters is you are back on track today. I hope you feel better soon.
    itladyee wrote: »
    Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

10/15 4,455 ~ I took off my fitbit to put on the charger...and forgot it! :(
    10/16 12,579
    10/17
    10/18
    10/19
    10/20
    10/21

Makes you feel like the steps don’t count,
    Iu86l8bbq0l4h.jpeg

@lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw 237
    Cw 237.2

Thank you!

How was your week?
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    Question:
    We have the holiday season fast approaching. Halloween is in a little over two weeks. That means candy and mini chocolate bars everywhere including being a food cue every time we go to the supermarket. What are your strategies for dealing with Halloween treats?

My strategy is keeping the light off and hiding in my closet for a week ;)

That is a strategy. I need to do that during Christmas.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4,659
    Exercise: 1/4
    Close rings: 18/29

I think I will increase my steps in the November challenge. I have been doing pretty good with my October steps. I think closing my rings daily helps as I have to get my exercise minutes.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question:

Do you strength train? Do you do it at home or the gym?
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 223 Member
    Options

I think I will increase my steps in the November challenge. I have been doing pretty good with my October steps. I think closing my rings daily helps as I have to get my exercise minutes.

@lindamtuck2018 I noticed! Saw that 9000+ step day yesterday! Good for you! :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »

@lindamtuck2018 I noticed! Saw that 9000+ step day yesterday! Good for you! :)

That was converted steps. I convert swimming and water exercise into steps. Megan has a step conversion chart for all kinds of exercise.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    Question:

I do ...I use my home gym for 30 minutes .. I have not done it this week due to my foot/ankle/leg giving me issues ...with the cooler weather the rods in my leg is not happy so I am having a hard time doing anything
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I must say I love my Dr. She is supportive and i find my monthly check ins with her are super motivating. I was beating myself up for having minimal losses this month but she reminded me that the scale is still down. I'm halfway to my (first) goal weight. I am ready to move forward with getting more protein and more fiber this month.

Sending good motivational vibes to the entire team! Go team!
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »

My strategy is keeping the light off and hiding in my closet for a week ;)

LOL love your strategy Nacho🤣 I’m thinking I need to get in that closet now!
  • NouveauRee
    Options
    Question:

Home but not consistently🫣 anyone have any tips on how to learn to love ST? I actually enjoy cardio but still have a hard time getting motivated to ST. I’ve tried videos and YT and listening to music but haven’t found a way to make it fun and enjoyable.

• NouveauRee
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »

10/15 4,455 ~ I took off my fitbit to put on the charger...and forgot it! :(

OMG hate when that happens it’s like I don’t even want to move if there’s not going to be any proof🤣

• NouveauRee
    Options
    jzwcmhvz81wl.png

There’s Halloween candy in bowls and baskets and buckets everywhere at work. I stayed away Mon/Tue but got in to it today🫣 peanut M&Ms and almond snickers are my fave.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Question:

Yes I do; at home. Usually three times a week. I alternate between SeniorShape Fitness, yes2next, and silver sneakers routines.

@NouveauRee Have you tried any of the above? They are my go-tos. You don't have to be "eligible" to get a silvers sneakers account and access the On Demand videos.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I might have missed it but what is "closing your rings"?
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @Slimmersixties
    That's great! Thanks for the visual!!

@lindamtuck2018
    This month has been a contentious effort in maintaining during the cycle. This week, I usually gain3-7 lbs if I'm not mistaken. so 'prepping' for that seems to be helping! As for weight training, it's on my list!
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 223 Member
    Options

That was converted steps. I convert swimming and water exercise into steps. Megan has a step conversion chart for all kinds of exercise.

@lindamtuck2018 Yes, but good for you regardless! :) A step is a step regardless of where it came from!

• NouveauRee
    Options
    ddainiak wrote: »

@NouveauRee Have you tried any of the above? They are my go-tos. You don't have to be "eligible" to get a silvers sneakers account and access the On Demand videos.

@ddainiak have not heard of these. Will check them out. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    liketoyak wrote: »
    I must say I love my Dr. She is supportive and i find my monthly check ins with her are super motivating. I was beating myself up for having minimal losses this month but she reminded me that the scale is still down. I'm halfway to my (first) goal weight. I am ready to move forward with getting more protein and more fiber this month.

Sending good motivational vibes to the entire team! Go team!

That is a good reminder. No matter how small the loss, it is moving you toward your goal. I know for me personally, I have been on my weight loss journey for almost 4 years. That is less than 2 pounds a month average. Bottom line, I will get there just slowly. Protein and fiber are so important. Protein makes us feel fuller. My dietician always told me to have a carb and a protein for my evening snack as it will keep me fuller. I have a hard time with getting enough fiber so I have two gummy fiber supplements each morning. Keep up the good work.
    NouveauRee wrote: »
    Question:

Home but not consistently🫣 anyone have any tips on how to learn to love ST? I actually enjoy cardio but still have a hard time getting motivated to ST. I’ve tried videos and YT and listening to music but haven’t found a way to make it fun and enjoyable.

I love strength training but if I stop it’s hard to get back doing it. I love free weights. With my back I have to be careful. I would love to work with a trainer but it’s a lot of money.
    NouveauRee wrote: »
    jzwcmhvz81wl.png

There’s Halloween candy in bowls and baskets and buckets everywhere at work. I stayed away Mon/Tue but got in to it today🫣 peanut M&Ms and almond snickers are my fave.

I avoid buying peanut m&m’s because once I start I can’t stop. Another is Jersey milk bars. A lady told me that you can get them in Halloween size. Ever fiber in my body wanted to get to the store and buy a bag.

What was different Monday and Tuesday compared to yesterday?

ddainiak wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 I might have missed it but what is "closing your rings"?

I have an Apple Watch. There are three rings you have to close: exercise, move and standing. The standing and move are fairly easy. It’s the exercise that is harder. Next month I am going to increase all three goals.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4.570
    Exercise: 2/4
    Close rings: 18/28

I did mini walks yesterday. I think part of my problem with exercise is i focus too much on what I can’t do anymore because of my back/leg issues that I forget about the things I can do. It then turns into not wanting to do anything. The good news is I will be finally starting the new medication tomorrow for the neuropathy. I have my fingers and toes crossed this will allow me to walk further. 🤞

I do strength training in the pool and during my mini walks. Granted it’s with 2 pound weights but it’s something. Most of my physio exercises are for my core.

Have a great Thursday!
This discussion has been closed.