Replies

• jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Oct 13, 2023)
    PW: 238.2
    CW: 238.5

Another grinding week at work with the new role and all the year end budget cuts and 2024 planning. Very long hours sitting at my desk - no walks or exercise, however I've been eating less due to the stress.

lindamtuck2018 - You nailed it with your comment "It’s crazy how easy we lose focus on ourselves when things get busy." I hope to get back to a normal routine in a few weeks.
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Friday check-in
    PW: 321
    CW: 320
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday the 13th!
    Weigh in day Friday!
    PW:162.3
    CW: 161.2
    Going to try to up my water intake this week. I know I haven't been hydrated enough.

an9iu51ph4tq.png
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Liketoyak

Weigh-in day Friday

SW-304
    PW-293.1
    CW-291.6

This is a big win as the last 3 weeks have been a struggle for me.
  • Heretochange88
    Heretochange88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Heretochange88

pw- 383.4lb
    Cw- 390.2lb

Sorry for the gain this week... I had too much fun with Thanksgiving and having a final hurrah before my program started... which was yesterday.

I'm excited for this program... I'm really hoping to lose a fair bit in the next few months. I'm looking forward to getting some physical health back! It's been a rough go of it lately!
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 219 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Stacimfit wrote: »
    Soo, I did a thing.. I went out of my comfort zone...
    @Stacimfit All I had to do was read this far into your post and I was already cheering for you!! I know it can be SO hard to reach beyond our usual limits. Even if no one you invited joins, I hope you will go to the event anyway and talk to lots and lots of people there! Because they ARE there, I expect they will be type of people that you are looking for who are interested in wellness. Perhaps they will have additional local resources, groups, etc to share with you as well. When is this event?

I also heard about another free weekly 5k event called ParkRun from others on this site. I have not yet attended one, so I can't really say much about it, but this might be another way to regularly connect with local people who care about wellness and helping others if you have one near you. It also looks pretty easy to become a volunteer. https://www.parkrun.com/ Just something you might check out.

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,075 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Day
    PW: 217.4
    CW: 217.1
    Struggling with water this week. I think it's the change in the seasons as it nearing 50 degrees where I am...I usually drink my water cold, it just dawned on me...it doesn't have to be cold....aiming to do better!

Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

10/8 8,749
    10/9 6,188
    10/10 6,898
    10/11 7,336
    10/12 9,685 * just when i was thinking i should lower my goal. Nope...staying the course!
    10/13
    10/14

@stacimfit ~ I hope and pray that others will join you in your 5k event. Facebook is tough. Some days I love it but most days I can take it or leave it! Kudos to you for making the effort!

@liketoyak ~ Congrats on the scale movement!! I know how frustrating it can be...but you DID it!!

Happy Friday everyone!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 483.6
    CW - 481.2

Clawing my way to the new decade lol

Much love yall. Hope everyone is crushing it this week.

Well done! You are definitely crushing it.
    Slimmer sixties Friday weigh in

Pw 187.5
    Cw 189.0

Oh dear scales are going the wrong way!
    Quite happy that it's only 1.5lb up After a week of being force fed by my mother!
    Back in the rv and normal eating resumed!

You will be back down next Friday.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited October 2023
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Oct 13, 2023)
    PW: 238.2
    CW: 238.5

Another grinding week at work with the new role and all the year end budget cuts and 2024 planning. Very long hours sitting at my desk - no walks or exercise, however I've been eating less due to the stress.

lindamtuck2018 - You nailed it with your comment "It’s crazy how easy we lose focus on ourselves when things get busy." I hope to get back to a normal routine in a few weeks.

Hang in there.
    aneedlecraft
    Friday check-in
    PW: 321
    CW: 320

Congrats on the loss.
    Stacimfit wrote: »
    Happy Friday the 13th!
    Weigh in day Friday!
    PW:162.3
    CW: 161.2
    Going to try to up my water intake this week. I know I haven't been hydrated enough.

an9iu51ph4tq.png

Nice loss. I am lucky(unlucky?) to have a built in hydration reminder. I will get a headache if I don’t drink enough. I think it is one of the reasons I can drink so much water.

I hope you get some response to your invite. Facebook is one of my least favourite things. Go to your event anyway.

liketoyak wrote: »
    Liketoyak

Weigh-in day Friday

SW-304
    PW-293.1
    CW-291.6

This is a fantastic loss. I hope things get easier.
    Heretochange88

pw- 383.4lb
    Cw- 390.2lb

Sorry for the gain this week... I had too much fun with Thanksgiving and having a final hurrah before my program started... which was yesterday.

I'm excited for this program... I'm really hoping to lose a fair bit in the next few months. I'm looking forward to getting some physical health back! It's been a rough go of it lately!

Never apologize. What kind of program are you doing? I know you said it was through work.
    itladyee wrote: »
    Weigh-in Day
    PW: 217.4
    CW: 217.1
    Struggling with water this week. I think it's the change in the seasons as it nearing 50 degrees where I am...I usually drink my water cold, it just dawned on me...it doesn't have to be cold....aiming to do better!

Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

10/8 8,749
    10/9 6,188
    10/10 6,898
    10/11 7,336
    10/12 9,685 * just when i was thinking i should lower my goal. Nope...staying the course!
    10/13
    10/14

@stacimfit ~ I hope and pray that others will join you in your 5k event. Facebook is tough. Some days I love it but most days I can take it or leave it! Kudos to you for making the effort!

@liketoyak ~ Congrats on the scale movement!! I know how frustrating it can be...but you DID it!!

Happy Friday everyone!!

Nice loss. There is a lady in my building who just turned 90. One of her keys to aging gracefully is drinking warm water in the mornings. I know other people who drink it hot with lemon in it.
  • RoblinB
    Options
    liketoyak wrote: »
    Way to go!! You are moving in the right direction. Perseverance is a tough lesson. Keep on keeping on!

Quite happy that it's only 1.5lb up After a week of being force fed by my mother!
    @Slimmersixties Our mothers are very powerful forces, no matter how old we are! I think you did great to only see the scale tick up 1.5 lb!

jimboden3 wrote: »
    Another grinding week at work with the new role and all the year end budget cuts and 2024 planning. Very long hours sitting at my desk.
    @jimboden3 Days (and days and days...) like that are very difficult, as per my earlier post this week. I need to strategize about this, too! How do we thrive at our desks?

@aneedlecraft and @itladyee Way to go on those losses! We see them! :smiley:

NachDeezy wrote: »
    Clawing my way to the new decade lol
    @NachDeezy Of course you are!! More awesomeness!

Happy Friday!
  • RoblinB
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I love the way you identify a problem (distressing weight fluctuations), see an appropriate response (send the scales on vacation to remove the distraction), and act on it (friend now has the scales). I will learn from this. And I hope things do settle down very shortly!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Happy Friday Funday!

Non diet questions:

What is your favourite TV show, movie or book?
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Funday!

Non diet questions:

Legally Blonde
    Downton Abbey
    I really liked The Majesties by Tiffany Tsao
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,448 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Funday!

Non diet questions:

Favorite TV Show - At the moment - Yellowstone
    Favorite Movies - Probably the Star Wars Series - or The Raider of the Lost Arc Series
    Favorite Movie - Love the Harry Potter books
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    @Stacimfit Great job of going out of your comfort zone. It is extremely hard to find local friends who are into fitness. I have not had good luck, but I depend upon this group and other groups on MFP for inspiration and community. I, however, challenged myself last year to go outside my comfort zone. Things that just depended on me to show up. I signed up for an aqua fitness class. It was wonderful. I still belong to it. I also signed up for a Master's swimming class. They talked me into competing in a Southeast swim meet 3 hours away. It was fun and I actually won awards for my age group. It helped that not many signed up in the 60-65 age group. lol. I also signed up for an aerial yoga 4-week class. I loved it. I also bought myself a bike and started riding a local bike trail. I still love that. My point is, to make it a year of challenges to get out of your comfort zone. Sign up for different 5k events and anything else that looks interesting. Then just show up. You might find people to enjoy in the moment or find just the right friend as you start getting involved in activities, but either way, you will have fun, try something new, and push yourself to new limits. You can even try new things on YouTube to build courage. Have fun, but don't let the lack of other people responding be your failure. I have tried roping all my friends into challenges and it just isn't their thing. That is okay. Find your nitch. My real life is doing things I enjoy by myself and sometimes with a few friends, I have found along the way. My life is rich and full and not depending on others showing up. So don't give up. Find what brings you joy and dive deep into it. We are here for you. We are proud of you!

@jimboden3 Hang in there and do what you can to minimize the damage of stress. Stay hydrated, eat freggies, breathe deeply, etc. You are doing fabulous!

@Heretochange88 No apology necessary. Special occasions are the zest of life. I am glad you are excited about the program. Keep us posted.

• Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh-in
    PW:186.1
    CW: 186.0
    Not bad considering my habits lately:)
  • MyChoiceisaGoodLife
    Options
    Penny @MyChoiceisaGoodLife

Friday weigh-in: 10/13/23

PW: 158.8
    CW: 160.2

This week has been tough, as have the last 2 weeks. Lots of stomach issues and changes of medication trying to figure it out. Not enough exercise either with the stomach pains. 😒
This discussion has been closed.