Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    😧😧🤔🤔🤔
    Friday has come around extra quick this week!😂😂😂 Excellent motivation to be extra strict with the calories today!!!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,980 Member
    Options
    u86l8bbq0l4h.jpeg

Glad you all felt my pain!! :)

@lindamtuck2018 ~ I increased my targets to close my rings a couple of weeks ago. I changed my focus to closing the rings (Apple watch) and exercising in the fat burning zone (according to my fitbit). The steps will simply be a product of those two things!

They also keep a jar of M&M peanuts here at the office. I work really hard to not take any. Yesterday, my boss (who is the CEO) brough me a spoonful! It was actually funny!

Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

10/15 4,455
    10/16 12,579
    10/17 10,170
    10/18 11,650
    10/19
    10/20
    10/21

• RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    10/16 12,579
    10/17 10,170
    10/18 11,650

@itladyee That's some good steppin'!! Keep going, itldayee!
    And it sounds like your boss has a sense of humor! :) I mean, really, what can you do when the M&M's literally walk across the office to come to you!?! I guess that's portion control if it's by the spoonful!

• Heretochange88
    Heretochange88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Heretochange88

PW- 390.2lb
    CW- 383.8lb

-6.4lb

Not too shabby at all! I'm really happy with the scale and I would love to see the 370s next week!

This week at group is all about exercise. I've not exercised in forever but I want to get back into it. I hurt my neck on Monday and it's still not 100% but it's getting there! I might start getting into the pool soon too.

Today I'm going to measure myself and look at my progress there too :)

Have a good day all!
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Heretochange88

PW- 390.2lb
    CW- 383.8lb

-6.4lb

Not too shabby at all! I'm really happy with the scale and I would love to see the 370s next week!

This week at group is all about exercise. I've not exercised in forever but I want to get back into it. I hurt my neck on Monday and it's still not 100% but it's getting there! I might start getting into the pool soon too.

Have a good day all!

You are killin it!!!!🎉
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 481.2
    CW - 476.2

Been on this app and working on my weight for 207 days now. It's happened so fast that many times I forget I have lost all this weight. I will go to get up from the couch and start to prepare myself for the struggle and excruciating pain, then I stand up and there is no struggle and the pain is tolerable. I'll be standing outside watching birds for 5 or 10 minutes then suddenly realize I've been standing and watching the birds for 5 or 10 minutes. Standing. For 5 or 10 minutes. Feeling so much less like a prisoner but I still have a ways to get mentally before I can actually "escape". Still, these victories are so sweet. I'm glad yall are coming with me and that I get to come along with you. Much love.

Fantastic loss and do you realise you are only 1.2 lb away from the target you set for Xmas!!!!
  • NachDeezy
    Options

Fantastic loss and do you realise you are only 1.2 lb away from the target you set for Xmas!!!!

That's crazy. I tried to be a little conservative but thought I would be cutting it close still. Now I gotta see how far under I can get! Appreciate you my friend!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Saw my surgeon this afternoon ... my ankle is not healing properly so he put me in a hard cast for 6 to 8 weeks ... I feel like getting an electric saw and sawing this damn foot of mine off ughhh....

I am so, so sorry my friend 😔
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Saw my surgeon this afternoon ... my ankle is not healing properly so he put me in a hard cast for 6 to 8 weeks ... I feel like getting an electric saw and sawing this damn foot of mine off ughhh....

Im so sorry to hear this.
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    SW - 630
    PW - 481.2
    CW - 476.2

Been on this app and working on my weight for 207 days now. It's happened so fast that many times I forget I have lost all this weight. I will go to get up from the couch and start to prepare myself for the struggle and excruciating pain, then I stand up and there is no struggle and the pain is tolerable. I'll be standing outside watching birds for 5 or 10 minutes then suddenly realize I've been standing and watching the birds for 5 or 10 minutes. Standing. For 5 or 10 minutes. Feeling so much less like a prisoner but I still have a ways to get mentally before I can actually "escape". Still, these victories are so sweet. I'm glad yall are coming with me and that I get to come along with you. Much love.

Fantastic! Your success is so motivational!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Slimmer sixties

Friday weigh in

Pw 189lb
    Cw 187.5lb

11.5lb to target
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    PW: 320
    CW: 319

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - So sorry to hear this.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Oct 20, 2023)
    PW: 238.5
    CW: 237.9

Thanks for all the well wishes last week - greatly appreciated. Although it's been a very looooong week at work, it's finally Friday and while I already know I'll be putting more time over the weekend, it will be shorter days and on my schedule so I can deal with that.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »

Glad you all felt my pain!! :)

@lindamtuck2018 ~ I increased my targets to close my rings a couple of weeks ago. I changed my focus to closing the rings (Apple watch) and exercising in the fat burning zone (according to my fitbit). The steps will simply be a product of those two things!

They also keep a jar of M&M peanuts here at the office. I work really hard to not take any. Yesterday, my boss (who is the CEO) brough me a spoonful! It was actually funny!

You wear both the Watch and the Fitbit? I laughed about the jar of m&ms and the spoonful.

Heretochange88

PW- 390.2lb
    CW- 383.8lb

-6.4lb

Have a good day all!

The pool is a great way to exercise especially if you have injuries or joint issues. You had an awesome weight loss this week. Keep doing what you are doing.
    SW - 630
    PW - 481.2
    CW - 476.2

Wow! Great loss. It’s even better the NSVks you are seeing as a result. You are an amazing teammate.

Good lord. Do they know why your not healing? The saw thing I get.
    Slimmer sixties

Friday weigh in

Pw 189lb
    Cw 187.5lb

11.5lb to target

You are on fire. We can and will reach the 💯 pounds lost.

jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Oct 20, 2023)
    PW: 238.5
    CW: 237.9

Thanks for all the well wishes last week - greatly appreciated. Although it's been a very looooong week at work, it's finally Friday and while I already know I'll be putting more time over the weekend, it will be shorter days and on my schedule so I can deal with that.

Nice loss. Enjoy your weekend.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 3,491
    Exercise: 2/4
    Close rings: 19/28

PW 172.4
    CW 168

My friend brought back my scales so I decided to weigh in. The scales begged to come home so I told them to behave and I won’t send them away anymore😂 I didn’t get my steps in yesterday as my stomach got bad. This morning I woke up with no bloat, stomach or chest pain on my left side(gas). Maybe things have finally settled. I hope it is not too good to be true. I am meeting some friends at the pool. I will do exercises with them and swim laps.

Have a great Friday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    PW: 320
    CW: 319

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - So sorry to hear this.

Moving in the right direction. Nice loss.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday fun question:

What is a weird food combination that you like that everyone thinks is awful?
This discussion has been closed.