10/12: 22,300
    10/13: 11,378

Total: 124,907
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Funday!

Non diet questions:

What is your favourite TV show, movie or book?

TV show: toss up between Game of Thrones and Sons of Anarchy. I have watched both multiple times

Movie: Bohemian Rhapsody

Book: anyth8ng by James Patterson
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @Stacimfit Great job of going out of your comfort zone. It is extremely hard to find local friends who are into fitness. I have not had good luck, but I depend upon this group and other groups on MFP for inspiration and community. I, however, challenged myself last year to go outside my comfort zone. Things that just depended on me to show up. I signed up for an aqua fitness class. It was wonderful. I still belong to it. I also signed up for a Master's swimming class. They talked me into competing in a Southeast swim meet 3 hours away. It was fun and I actually won awards for my age group. It helped that not many signed up in the 60-65 age group. lol. I also signed up for an aerial yoga 4-week class. I loved it. I also bought myself a bike and started riding a local bike trail. I still love that. My point is, to make it a year of challenges to get out of your comfort zone. Sign up for different 5k events and anything else that looks interesting. Then just show up. You might find people to enjoy in the moment or find just the right friend as you start getting involved in activities, but either way, you will have fun, try something new, and push yourself to new limits. You can even try new things on YouTube to build courage. Have fun, but don't let the lack of other people responding be your failure. I have tried roping all my friends into challenges and it just isn't their thing. That is okay. Find your nitch. My real life is doing things I enjoy by myself and sometimes with a few friends, I have found along the way. My life is rich and full and not depending on others showing up. So don't give up. Find what brings you joy and dive deep into it. We are here for you. We are proud of you!

@jimboden3 Hang in there and do what you can to minimize the damage of stress. Stay hydrated, eat freggies, breathe deeply, etc. You are doing fabulous!

@Heretochange88 No apology necessary. Special occasions are the zest of life. I am glad you are excited about the program. Keep us posted.

This is very inspiring. I considered joining a swim team. I called and had everything set up. I chickened out. My swim strokes are not the best. I mostly do breast stroke and this is what I am most comfortable with. I can’t do the whip kick properly anymore because of my knee replacement. Keep up challenging yourself.
    Friday weigh-in
    PW:186.1
    CW: 186.0
    Not bad considering my habits lately:)

A loss is good.
    Penny @MyChoiceisaGoodLife

Friday weigh-in: 10/13/23

PW: 158.8
    CW: 160.2

This week has been tough, as have the last 2 weeks. Lots of stomach issues and changes of medication trying to figure it out. Not enough exercise either with the stomach pains. 😒

This sounds like what I am going through. I have been to the doctor 3 times and the hospital once. Take care of yourself. Do what you can but listening to your body is the most important thing you can do.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ddainiak wrote: »
    ddainiak
    Weigh In Day: Saturday 10/14/23
    PW : 172.6
    CW: 171.6

Fantastic loss. You have lost an impressive amount of weight. Do you have a goal weight in mind?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4,059
    Exercise: 3/4
    Close rings: 13/28

I did mini walks. I really had to push myself but I got them done. Yay me!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I use both an iPad and my iPhone(occasionally) for mfp. Unless I open my phone my exercise doesn’t post. I don’t always remember to open my phone. Does anyone know why it is not posting and how I can fix this?
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 173.8
    CW 175.6
    Wrong direction again😥 feeling so unfocused but not sure why. There’s Halloween candy everywhere at work and the first holiday event is next week. This is always the toughest time of year for me. So afraid of spiraling🫣
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 180.1
    CW 178.4
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

My Steps:

10/07: 19,267
    10/08: 18,446
    10/09: 15,177
    10/10: 20,170
    10/11: 18,169

10/7 was for October week 1 ... I need 10/14 for week 2 ...Thanks
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,487 Member
    Options
    S
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

My Steps:

10/07: 19,267
    10/08: 18,446
    10/09: 15,177
    10/10: 20,170
    10/11: 18,169

10/7 was for October week 1 ... I need 10/14 for week 2 ...Thanks

Sorry about that - I'll send tomorrow AM.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    NouveauRee wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 173.8
    CW 175.6
    Wrong direction again😥 feeling so unfocused but not sure why. There’s Halloween candy everywhere at work and the first holiday event is next week. This is always the toughest time of year for me. So afraid of spiraling🫣

i go through a 3 month period that I struggle with each year. I have tried to pinpoint why and I think it has something to do with my trip home each year. This year I am trying to get through it with a minimal damage. Try not to spiral. Trying to find why we lack motivation or focus can be tough.

Can you bring some low calorie snacks to use in place of the candy? Maybe chewing gum might help.

RoblinB wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 180.1
    CW 178.4

Awesome loss. Thank you for your comment yesterday.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,152 Member
    Options
    The October Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Oct 15th. Please join us for the Acts of Kindness Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10901485/october-week-3-group-challenge-acts-of-kindness#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread starting tomorrow!
    Take care,
    Jessica :smile:
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Friday check-in
    PW: 321
    CW: 320

Greay job!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Stacimfit wrote: »
    Happy Friday the 13th!
    Weigh in day Friday!
    PW:162.3
    CW: 161.2
    Going to try to up my water intake this week. I know I haven't been hydrated enough.

an9iu51ph4tq.png

way to get the loss!
    Stacimfit wrote: »
    Soo, I did a thing.. I went out of my comfort zone and created a Facebook group chat with a bunch of friends from our race track over the summer. I invited them all to a 5K event at a nearby Orchard. I need to get over my insecurities because I am feeling really embarrassed. It is a walk/run event. Just as many people walk as run. I thought it would be an awesome team building event for us all and a chance to hangout, maybe grab a bite to eat after. So far, Nobody has said they will go and I invited 15 people... and actually NOT one has even liked it! It's been a week. I just wish I had more supportive friends and people around me who are interested in health and self improvement. People don't like to enjoy the little things. I feel like the only one other than you guys on here! Anyway, please say some prayers that others will join me. I feel like NOBODY appreciates or cares about others anymore.

proud of you for going out on a limb. Kicking butt is contagious, so keep your eyes on the prize and everything will come together.
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    liketoyak wrote: »
    Liketoyak

Weigh-in day Friday

SW-304
    PW-293.1
    CW-291.6

This is a big win as the last 3 weeks have been a struggle for me.

Heck friggin yeah!!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    @itladyee you are awesome.. can't wait till I'm hitting your steps numbers.
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Happy Friday Funday!

Non diet questions:

What is your favourite TV show, movie or book?

I love you man is my favorite comedy.. outside of comedy, crash with Don Cheadle

Book? Something by Dr Seuss probably 😅
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Friday weigh-in
    PW:186.1
    CW: 186.0
    Not bad considering my habits lately:)

There it is! Tear it up my friend- OOOWEEEE!
This discussion has been closed.