Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Had a wonderful trip last weekend, been busy with work, going to the gym and life. Ate a lot of good food and NY bagels. Only gained 0.2 pounds. But back into a better routine this week. Did Zumba this morning, Monday I have Bible study, Tuesday vets, Wednesday?, Thursday Aqua, Friday?, Saturday Aqua and Sunday Zumba. Plan on walking my mile with my coworkers during lunch this week pending weather. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

~ Missy
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 Wow that's incredible about more family for Rich, I hope he's able to connect with them and develop relationships. Boy those last names aren't making it easy at all! Good for you for saying no, I'm glad you're doing what's right for you and not just for others, it's not easy.

@865jessica Rock your new outfit at the faire proudly!

@AmbersWay I still need to get my bag together, I'm doing it tonight but have a list and my cat sitters have keys. Great job on the exercise, wtg!

@trooworld I've never been to a gem fair, it sounds pretty awesome (love gemstones). I'd love to see what you made, very cool. Your meal sounds delicious, yum! Have a great time at the beach! Is that the necklace with the Buddha, I love it!

@MissionSlimpossibles yay for 3nd place by pounds for the last week! Congratulations @865jessica @megnolia82 @steffibabiie on being top winners!

@bethanie0825 Good to see you, yikes I think that's a good call on using the last week's weight.

@gemwolf110 Great job on the tiny gain while out-of-town, that's impressive! You have a lot of great exercise planned.

Hi friends, had a heck of a time sleeping as Asher was mad about getting nail trims and yowled every time I fell asleep, I closed the door with him in the hallway around 6AM and I'm super tired! I met one of my oldest friends for lunch and my neighbor stopped by for cat instructions, everything's done except for packing a bag and the pre-surgery showers. My surgeon called today to see if I had any last-minute questions, thought that was a nice thing to do. You all keep being awesome, hope to be back at the end of the week, take good care of each other!
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    badnoodle
    Sunday weigh in
    PW 192
    CW 192

I have been struggling really, really badly the past couple of weeks with a strong resurgence of B.E.D. symptoms, which (at least for me) are highly exacerbated by calorie counting. So despite an embarrassing amount of bingeing, I'm happy that I haven't gone backwards week-over-week. That's already a major win for me.

The usual intervention when the symptoms get bad is to stop capital-D dieting, at least for a while. However, this time around, I MUST keep blood sugar and phosphorus under control, so my physical disorders and nascent eating disorder are in real conflict.

The best thing I can do to keep on track is to pre-empt the conditions that lead to the binges, so I've already planned and meal-prepped lunches for next week. The second best thing I can do is keep active, so I already booked a couple yoga classes and I'm going to meet up with a friend for a 5K walk on the rail trail. I have a doctor's appointment in a couple of weeks, so it might be time to adjust some meds.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 798 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Sunday weigh in October 22, Megnolia82

SW: 228
    PW: 202.4
    CW: 202.6

Well, I got my hopes up a little too high and I slipped into some crappy habits. For accountability’s sake here are the poor choices I made this week:

Raided my hubby’s pack of mini Reese peanut butter cups. Several times.

Ate Nutella on a spoon. Several times.

Melted cheese in the microwave and ate it with a spoon. Several times.

Ate sliced salami on its own. Several times.

Made a glass of chocolate oat milk, then ate a couple extra spoonfuls of the chocolate milk powder just because…. Twice.

And you know what else happened? My joints started screaming at me. Everything is hurting. And for the first time I realized that my diet is possibly impacting not just my weight but my entire body’s well-being. I lost 25 pounds in the last two months and my body felt amazing. I had one week of crappy food choices (and I ate a bun on Thursday) and I woke up the past 3 days in pain and discomfort. I can’t wait to meet my gastroenterologist for the first time this week because I think I am starting to really gain some insight into what kind of havoc eating habits can play with my entire body.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 149.4
    CW: 146.4
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sunday

PW: 158.6
    CW: 156.4

The cortisone shot is helping & and I've started physical therapy. Since I can't do strength training now, I decided to drop my calories down a bit, and seems like I might be finally coming out of the plateau I've been stuck at for the last few months.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    WI Sunday
    PW 196.4
    CW 196.4

Holding strong
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi All

Congrats to our leaderboard makers!

My check in

11,813 steps
    30 minutes cycling
    Stayed on track with no simple carbs

Weight is at a stand still and I will be ok with that.

@DebJB30 glad your shots are working. You had a good loss.

@badnoodle sending hugs 🤗

@Katmary71 sending well wishes for a speedy recovery. 💐

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the whole team for achieving 3rd place by pounds! A special shout-out goes to @865jessica (top individual % lost) and @megnolia82 (top individual lbs lost)! Congrats also to @steffibabiie for 3rd place for the team!

@txcritter69 @sleepygirl79 @laurelfit57 @DebJB30 Congrats on the losses!

@gemwolf110 Sounds like all is well.

@Katmary71 It was...underwhelming. But I'm glad I went because I had always been curious! The pic of me, I'm wearing the necklace I made. Yes, the one with the Buddha. Oh Asher, buddy, you have to let mommy sleep! That was nice for the surgeon to call. I hope all goes well. I'll be thinking about you. HUGS.

@badnoodle It sounds like you are doing what you can to fight it. I hope you continue to put up the good fight! Congrats on not gaining.

Hi all. Well, my weekend flew by. The whole weekend, the lowest step count I had was 9,422. Yesterday's was 13,488! This is pretty darned good for a couch potato like me. I have to take my friend to the airport at 4:30 a.m. I got up at 3:10 a.m. for no good reason but I think because we have this stupid thick mattress topper on the bed and it is sliding off which makes me slide off the side of the bed and hate it. But at least I can visit with you guys and drink my coffee before I go. Yesterday, we went for a long walk on the beach and then had breakfast. Then we went to the farmer's market and walked around and then the mall and walked around. My foot was killing me so we took a break and later, I picked my friend up and we went for pizza. After that, we went for mead (honey wine). I came home at 6:30 completely exhausted. I have to work today so after I drop my friend off, I'll come home and get dressed.

Spooky Fitness Challenge for Oct steps/minutes: 13,488 / 6,000, 146 mins / 15 active mins
    Add your steps/minutes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-c4S-GIz9asx1ghzcAnNdyEH1LkXL670f-2mZ4AFUqk/edit?usp=sharing

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 798 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Good morning!
    This week my goal is clean eating for my gut recovery. I think I am trying to take on too much too fast. So for now: no bread products, no dairy, no alcohol. I got a little too into cheese last week and bread seems to have really derailed me.

On a fun note, I went to a curling open house on Saturday and took a 2 hour curling lesson. My thighs are so sore!! All those squats lol.
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82- Oh that's cool you could do a curling lesson. I bet it was a killer workout for your legs.
    @trooworld- What a great way to get in your steps, going for a long walk on the beach. The mead sounds yummy and I love a good farmer's market.

Yesturday was good day of eating. I did my protein shake coffee for breakfast, lunch was turkey meat with 2 string cheeses and dinner salmon, root veggie blend and broccoli. Today my breakfast was heavy with 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties and 1protein waffle with 1tbps of maple syrup. But it was delicious and I was hangry this morning.
    Plan on continuing to focus on protein intake and easing up on carbs. Working on getting my water intake back up to half my body weight.
    Hope everyone has a great week.
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    @katmary71 that sounds like a very good surgeon if he is calling to check in with you on a Sunday to see if you have any questions or concerns. Sounds like you are in very good hands! I will sure be thinking about you.♥️♥️♥️

@badnoodle with your symptoms increasing, you should be so proud of yourself for staying the same this week! I love that you have taken the steps that you need to take to stave off your binge eating. That was great fore site on your part!

@magnolia82 having those very yummy things within reach, had to be very tempting! I figured out a few years ago that the weight really does affect my body, I ache at night, definitely can’t keep up with my grandkids, my lower back is always sore, if I am up even 5 lbs. This is a new week, you’ve got this! Curling is a great workout, I can promise you, I could not do it anymore, good for you!!

@DebJB30 congratulations on the loss! Sometimes switching things up a little really does help.

@Ambersway so good you are staying strong!

@Trooworld wow you did have a busy weekend, great job on your step counts!! You definitely were up, bright and early checking in here lol. It sounds like you had a really great weekend, I can’t imagine walking at the beach right now, we just had our first snow. I have to tell you I love that picture of you!!

@865jessica it sounds like you had a super protein day yesterday and your breakfast this morning sounds absolutely delicious. I always find having what you are concentrating on laid out in advance, helps to keep on track. There are definitely times when I am focussing on proteins!

I am hoping this week is going to be a bit slower than last couple of weeks. I actually had laser done on my face and neck this morning so I will be laying low as I am very red and swollen. 🥴. Growing up on the farm, we never used any type of sun protection, and every year until I was about 14, I would burn so bad blister, and then peel. My skin is very fair and just could not take the sun, back in those days there weren’t any preventative measures. From time to time my dermatologist finds pre-cancerous cells, mainly on my face, neck, and shoulders. We just keep a watch and then I will do a laser treatment every now and then to get rid of them .
    Hope everyone had a good day, keeping my fingers crossed that @Katmary71 surgery went well♥️♥️
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 85.95kg | 189.49lbs
    CW: 87.80kg | 193.56lbs
    Progress from SW: -7.85kg | -17.31lbs

My Info:
    Working with a dietitian and my doctor to get healthy, feel great, and set a good example for my girls!
    Height: 162.5cm | 5’4”
    Starting Weight on 28.08.23: 95.65kg | 210.87lbs
    Short Term Goal Weight: < 72.5kg | < 160lbs
    Daily Calorie Target: 1400-1600
    Macro Breakdown: 40f/30c/30p
    Diet: mostly Mediterranean; focus on whole foods; no alcohol; limit added sugars.
    Intermittent Fasting: 16/8 (for now – hopefully back to ADF in the future)
    Workouts: cardio and/or body weight circuits 6x per week

Not a great week last week. It started off fine, but the weekend was a mess. We had a power outage, a bush fire, and my partner was gone for the weekend which affected my sleep. I’m also pretty irritable today so I’ll keep this short, and check in with you guys tomorrow or when I drag myself out of this funk 🙃
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,003 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day back to work after a week off. It's getting harder and harder to go back to work after vacation; I feel like I really want to retire. I'm probably going to hang in there for 2 more years, since Rich still has to work full time (he's only 61). I also don't know how I'll feel if I don't have a job to do with people depending on me at the workplace. I'm only working 3 days a week, but sometimes those 3 days feel like too much!
    Today we had our first frost of the season. Since I have allergies, I've been waiting for that first hard frost to kill off the ragweed. But of course, first frost also means winter is on the doorstep. I'm planning my winter workouts, but currently still walking and bicycling when I can. Today temps are supposed to reach 60, and then through the weekend it will get up into the mid 70s everyday. So there's still some outdoors to be enjoyed.
    For my winter workouts, I decided to give FitOn a try. I really love it! I've been doing some 10-20 minute morning workouts and I've found a few favorite instructors. I'm also considering getting one of those walking pads for under my desk here at home.
    -Mica
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 That sounds like a good plan. Can you tell us more about the curling experience? What is curling?

@865jessica Oh it was such a nice weekend full of exercise in the best way! I loved the mead (and the farmer's market). Great plan, good luck today!

@laurelfit57 I did, thanks! I get up early every day lol, I get up at 4 am whether I want to or not. My body says it's time to get up. Sometimes it's between 3-4 I get up. Today was one of those days again. SNOW??? Oh my! I couldn't handle it. Thank you! I hope your face heals nicely and there is very little redness and swelling. I've been thinking of @Katmary71 too. I hope she's doing well.

@steffibabiie I'm sorry about your week. I hope this week is better. Is your partner back yet?

@Katmary71 Thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way.

Hi all. I set up my walking pad last night. I need to adjust the belt, it's crooked because I loosened it to add lubrication (as instructed) and I didn't tighten the belt up enough after. I walked on it for 20 minutes before dinner. It's a bit on the narrow side so I have to pay attention or I could walk off it lol. But I like it so far. My best friend ordered one so we are going to have a race to see who can get to the other person's house the fastest on the treadmill.

Spooky Fitness Challenge for Oct steps/minutes: 7,947 / 6,000, 82 mins / 15 active mins
    Add your steps/minutes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-c4S-GIz9asx1ghzcAnNdyEH1LkXL670f-2mZ4AFUqk/edit?usp=sharing

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    DaveJ_43
    Weigh In Monday
    PW: 233.8
    CW: 232.4

Chipping away! Lots of losses and healthy activities are being posted here. Keep up the good work, Team!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I read something interesting today about ADHD and weight loss. Seems that I can't stick with the different programs I've tried because they are too taxing on my brain and I can't keep up. The recommended weight loss option is intermittent fasting. So all my brain has to remember is just the time frame I allow myself to eat within. No actual tracking of food. Any of you have IF knowledge to share?
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 204
    CW: 208

Hoping it's just TOM getting ready to visit...
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 43 of 52

PW: 138.0
    CW: 136.4

Yay I got a little wiggle room, and I did not have to give up that much to get here. I did not eat any cheese or nuts for a week. I missed the nuts terribly. I also did more work in the yard. So how much wiggle room do I need for the holidays? It's funny to think I will gain and lose the same 5lbs for the rest of my life. And I'm in it for life because I hate starting over. Plus, I bought my underwear and tights on the smaller side, if I gain past my goal they won't fit. That is a huge motivator for keeping the weight off. I refuse to buy bigger clothes. I would have to walk around without my underwear or tights and that's not going to happen.

Don't be too hard on yourselves if you have a bad day, just don't keep having bad days in a row. It's hard to explain, but when I was losing weight, the moment I did not weigh my food or count all my calories I gained weight. Now that I am in Maintenace, I can eat an entire big bag of nuts and not gain weight so long as I don't do it more that won day every two weeks. Losing weight got easier.

I wish you all the best of luck. It does get easier, just remember why you're here.
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    @steffibabiie it sounds like you have had a really tough weekend. You’ve got this!

@Micaroo4 from the pictures you were posting it looks like you have had a great time off! Easing into retirement is a great way to go! I had not planned on retiring when I fell, and broke my wrist and had a year and a half of complications and surgeries. I wish I would’ve had more time to gear down. Sounds like your temperatures are perfect for doing outdoor activities, winter always comes to soon!

@trooworld it sounds like you and I have just about the same clock, but I must admit these days I am sleeping in until 5 AM which is heaven! Your new walking pad sounds like fun!

@DaveJ_43 congratulations on the loss!

@Vegan4lyfe2012 ADHD is such a complex disorder, and there are so many different avenues depending on your ADHD. I was diagnosed this summer, and the more I have discovered about it the more my life has made sense. ADHD can also go hand-in-hand with binge eating. I always thought I was a stress eater and now I realize I was binge eating to try to make up for lack of dopamine. I know that IF it’s a great tool for some, for me it’s eating every 2-3 hours. There is so much information out there, I’m so glad you finally have the right diagnosis, it’s a game changer!! I think @trooworld is/was doing IF.

I am trying to be productive while I am laying low, and got quite a bit done around here today. A local greenhouse had flats of tomatoes on sale for $10 apiece last weekend. I bought five huge flats of tomatoes and froze all but one. Today I made up a roasted tomato sauce, and tonight it is all tucked away in my deep freeze to be eaten during these cold winter months. Tomorrow I am going to try my hand at salsa. Typically, my cousin and I do it together every fall but I missed out this year, so I am going to try my hand at it by myself. Hope everybody had a great day, if @KatMary71 is checking in, you are missed!
This discussion has been closed.