WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments on Juliet. She is my ❤️.

Had an hour and a half long meeting after school then almost an hour to drive home. Was so hungry. Hubby said McDonald’s and so it was. Not a great choice, but I was tired and gave in without a hesitation. Oh well. Not the end of the world.

I need to get in a few hundred more steps to hit my goal today. Still need to log.

Actually feel like I could go to sleep right now and it’s only 8pm.

Keep at it friends. We’ve got this.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,101 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Username: JScottJr1988
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    Pw: 204 lbs
    Cw: 204 lbs
    Actually - the last time you weighed in it was 205 - so you're down a pound! Good one :smiley:
    PW 150.4
    CW 149
    Sorry, it has been a busy, busy week. Hope everyone is doing well.
    No sorries needed! You are in the 140s and that on top of a busy busy week - WTG
    - speaking of sinus headaches, I did some research on foods to avoid if you have sinus issues. Wouldn't you know it, processed sugar was the top of every list. Other items - dairy, alcohol, and gluten. They also all mentioned that living in high altitude places (I'm at 6,300 ft or 1,920 m elevation) and changing weather patterns can aggravate sinus issues. Interestingly enough, I kind of knew all of this just from life experience, but it's nice to read documentation on it.
    That's interesting! Processed sugar is at the top of many lists of the kind - but the elevation element is one I would not have thought of. I don't get sinus headaches, but whenever I'm somewhere super dry, or there is dust from harvest, smoke, or anything else with particulates in the air, I'm getting a bloody nose. Every time. I don't get any other sinus issues, but I'll experiment with keeping the sugar and other stuff way down and see if the bloody nose thing goes away. That would be nice! (although the drama element is always good for a few minutes of people waiting on me and hoping I'm OK :wink:)

I hope you super busy folks get a good night's sleep tonight!
  • jugar
    Options
    Weigh-ins through Thursday:
    @ashleycarole86
    @conleywoods
    @eggfreak
    @bowens1973

Thanks!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Wednesday, October 25th - 5,096 steps

Not my best step day, but not bad considering I didn't get to my spin class or bowling league.

My OH had a scheduled doctor's appointment yesterday to go over blood work done last week.

I have to take a quick second to say how proud I am of him because all the numbers that needed to go down (BP, cholesterol, LDL, weight, etc) went down and all the numbers that needed to go up, went up. He was sent home with a BP cuff that he is to use daily to see if he can be weened off of the BP medication he has been on since he turned 30!

So, while he was there, they decided to test for the flu and covid since he has been sick since Monday. Positive for covid. I still feel fine. Zero symptoms. So, I am still going to work, limiting my contact with other people, and wearing a mask when needed. The reason for no bowling last night was because I told the team that he tested positive and they asked that I not come. Also, I am skipping my workouts because I don't want to run the risk of infecting an entire class if I have it without symptoms. I will get back to it on Monday.
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I think my brain has some kind of self-sabotage mechanism. just typing or thinking "I want to have a good/solid weigh-in this week" seems to lead to worse choices. So last night was some of the worst eating I've had in probably 2-3 weeks. Does not feel good!!! I got into bed early and just lazed around on my phone too so it felt like a kind of regressive night with some "depressed" moody habits. Something to watch...

On the bright side, I did keep my walk to 30 minutes and I think my foot did pretty well.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 218.8
    CW 220.4

My weight has come down from a spike at the start but I suspect I'll have another drop if I wait another day. Oh well, I have been tracking and closing my diary under the past few days and it feels so good to have that consistency back.

@jugar Brad is on the road again so his weigh-in will be a day late
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    @Kali225 I can relate to your way of thinking because I have it too! It's tiring to fight against it and I was doing my best when I had found a way to work with it... clearly haven't found my way back there yet.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,468 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's... Another new member is joining your amazing team in November ... Please welcome @ashleykaykay93 :)
  • jugar
    Options
    Welcome @ashleykaykay93 ! We needed another Ashley on the team - we used to have 2 and lost one, so now we're back to normal :smiley: Please introduce yourself and ask any questions you may have. We look forward to getting to know you!
  • jugar
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    I think my brain has some kind of self-sabotage mechanism. just typing or thinking "I want to have a good/solid weigh-in this week" seems to lead to worse choices. So last night was some of the worst eating I've had in probably 2-3 weeks. Does not feel good!!! I got into bed early and just lazed around on my phone too so it felt like a kind of regressive night with some "depressed" moody habits. Something to watch...

On the bright side, I did keep my walk to 30 minutes and I think my foot did pretty well.

I think we were on the same wavelength yesterday! Seriously a day of way too much eating of badly chosen foods. Today has been a good straight and narrow one - how about you? I don't know why those days happen, especially when things have been going well, but if it is just one ridiculous day, there is no lasting sabotage! Look at what brought on the bad choices, remember how they made you feel, and hopefully next time will be easier to avoid. It was one day. Not terrible - they happen! Hugs flying your way.
  • jugar
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 tracking and closing under - this is great progress!

@MaddawgMadsen I hope you keep covid free - and congrats to your OH for great progress and improvement. I hope he feels better soon.

I had a good day today - back on better track for food for sure, and had a nice long ride this morning and a good Pilates session this afternoon. I have finally been back to doing Pilates every day again - it feels good. It includes some good strength building for all parts of the body, but I'll also get back to adding more kettlebell or other weight exercise in there too.

Friday coming up! Let's see how many numbers can get reported by the end of Friday:
    @strong_fit_ells
    @conleywoods
    @eggfreak
    @bowens1973
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune
    @Kali225
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @Pearl4686
    @leni1us

and me too - I was up 0.2 over my top maintenance weight yesterday, so I hope I'm back into my "goal zone" tomorrow...

Thanks!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-in
    PW: 269.9
    CW: 270.4

Couldn't hold onto the new decade, but glad it wasn't a worse jump up since the eating just wasn't on point this week.

@jugar yesterday wasn't great choices for me so I am going to try to get back on the wagon today.

I had a long day of work and couldn't rally for my workout - I took a very late 30 min walk instead. My foot was okay. I'm not too stressed about missing a workout in the challenge - I can do it today and move today's to tomorrow, or just skip the one from yesterday altogether - it was very HIIT style that didn't seem great for my foot and I won't beat myself up if I miss one workout out of 24 in the 6 weeks.

I need breakfast. Maybe protein pancakes today since it's finally Friday.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    PW: 191.4
    CW: 192

From last Thursday - Monday, I had either eaten out or gotten a drink somewhere in celebration of my anniversary which was so much fun. I did my best to track using restaurant data in the app, so it was probably as accurate as I could have been. I’m just glad to see the number isn’t terribly higher.

So it’s time to get back on track! I had two days this week where I hit my goal of staying between 1700-1750 calories, and hoping to also have today be a third day where I’m within that goal based on what I have pre-logged already.

I completed a 30-minute full body HIIT workout that left me sweating this morning before work, and I have a Taylor Swift themed spin class tomorrow morning. I hope they play some of the new 1989 (Taylor’s Version) songs.
  • jugar
    Options
    The November Habit Tracker is up and ready for you to plug in your daily commitments -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10902276/habit-tracker-november-2023#latest

Happy Tracking!
  • jugar
    Options
    The November team chat is open! Please continue to weigh in here for Friday and Saturday (and anyone who is late), and go to the new month for (re)introductions and new ideas and commitments:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10902291/waistaways-team-chat-november-2023/p1?new=1

• jugar
    Options
    OK - I'll stop after this one I promise!

Final weigh-ins due for this week - let's get them all in by the end of Saturday:

@leni1us
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359
    @IDebraK

Thanks!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us
    Friday
    PW 165.8
    CW 165.6

Not much movement but I'll take it. I ate out with friends 3 times this week and my choices weren't the best but they were small in size. It was mostly appetizers and lots of water. Let's see what this week brings.
This discussion has been closed.