Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all,

Birthday shenanigans are officially over. Adam Sandler was really awesome and that whole weekend was amazing. We didn't get to see "Pink." She had to postpone her Tacoma shows due to a family medical emergency. So, I'm waiting for those dates to be rescheduled. Since the concert was postponed we left for our camping trip a couple of days early. We got home yesterday. I didn't have any cell service, so I haven't been able to check in. I forgot to charge my fitbit before I left and it died. That was unfortunate because Chipper and I really enjoyed walking on the beach at the ocean in Oregon and I would've had a lot of steps to track.

The last week and a half I have managed to gain about 5 or 6 pounds. Tomorrow, is my official weigh in so I'll know better.

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat - thank you for the encouragement. I had a really bad day yesterday and needed to hear that!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @DaveJ_43 Great job, Dave!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Interesting. My husband does IF, he does OMAD (One Meal a Day) and has lot a lot of weight between that and lifting weights and walking. I've tried it, it wasn't for me, I never could get over the hunger (which isn't supposed to happen but for me, it did). It works for a lot of people, I say try it!

@FushiaKat That's good advice.

@laurelfit57 Oh that does sound nice to sleep in until 5! If I stay up late on the weekend, I can sometimes sleep until 5. The walking pad is fun! Good idea to freeze the tomato stuff.

@DrewsAnna I'm glad you had a great birthday! Sounds like a fun weekend.

@Cornanda Want to vent? We are all ears...

@Katmary71 Putting it out there that we miss you and hope you are doing well with a nice recovery. Thinking of you as always.

Hi all. My plan yesterday was to come home and jump on my walking pad but when I got home, my husband said I had to cook because he had to make a phone call. :( Since we only have about 2 hours between when we get home and when we go to bed, I didn't have time to do any walking. While my friend was here, I didn't have time to go to the store for groceries so we picked up stuff for chicken parm before we got home last night. If I had let my husband cook, he would have fried the chicken parm but I oven-baked it. It came out really well.

Spooky Fitness Challenge for Oct steps/minutes: 6,143 / 6,000, 67 mins / 15 active mins
    Add your steps/minutes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-c4S-GIz9asx1ghzcAnNdyEH1LkXL670f-2mZ4AFUqk/edit?usp=sharing

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Name: Neon_Ninja
    Weigh In: Wednesday
    PW: 173.0
    CW: 178.2

Oof, I've been struggling with something I would guess is some minor depression. No motivation for much of anything. It'll get better, just have to ride out the storm for a bit. Unfortunately, it shows up on the scale. :|
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Two good days for me - the meal planning seems to be doing its job. I accidentally went to the yoga studio three days in a row, and my quads were like "lol, no" when I rolled out of bed this morning. They definitely did not like spending so much time in Chair Pose.

We're having a little spot of warm weather, and the fall foliage is just past it's peak here in WV, so I'm going to try to get a bit of a walk in outside after work. I got to spend most of my afternoon out in the woods with my students, so that was great.

@trooworld I hate it when things fall out so you only have a couple of hours to do all the adulting that needs to happen on a given day. I like to do chicken and eggplant parm in the air fryer. It gets surprisingly crispy.
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I'd recommend reading the obesity code or fast, feast, repeat. While the window helps, it's still about calorie deficit (despite Gin claiming otherwise). I think IF is a great tool if you're a late night snacker. If you can eat normally in your window, then stop eating, you're all good. If you overeat or make poor choices, it will prevent or slow down any progress.
    That said, I absolutely love fasting and do it for the other benefits as well. But I couldn't make it work for me without tracking, I was undereating most of the time which led to bingeing. Now I have between a 6 to 8 hour window which is plenty of time to get in enough every day (or most days).
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna I am so sorry that you didn’t get to see Pink. It sounds like you had a terrific birthday celebration, you do it up, right!! The really good thing about tomorrow is that it gives us the opportunity to have a fresh start!

@Cornanda I am sorry you had a bad day yesterday, @FushiaKat had some great words of wisdom♥️. I was scrolling back, and I realized I hadn’t seen the picture of your sweet little Gus, oh my gosh that face.♥️♥️♥️. Vannie has terrific bed head as well, if we have had a very busy day, and she passes out solidly, when she wakes up, her hair is going every which way on her face, looking very blurry eyed, she looks very hung over 🤣

@trooworld you have a very short time at home! Nice job on it oven baking that chicken Parm. I really need to find a good chicken Parm recipe that I can do in my air fryer.

@Neon_Ninja I am sorry you are struggling right now, when dealing with depression, it is so challenging to focus on anything else. One day at a time, sending you lots of good vibes.

@badnoodle yay you! Meal planning, yoga, and screaming thighs, you are on a roll :-) :-). Good for you that you are following through on the plan that you made!

@micaroo4 sorry you had such a stressful day. Really hoping things calm down for you!

@steffibabiie that is great advice on the IF. I didn’t realize you still tracked when you were on that plan, that is really good to know.

Still laying low today, I made a bunch of salsa :-). I am finding this inactivity to be very stressful for me. Not being able to exercise is not good for me. I was keeping within my limits, as far as calories goes, but it really is a struggle. Today I went over by about 400 cal, I just feel like I am all over the place. I really need to get back to my routine. I am able to get out for a walk tomorrow, so that is going to be fantastic!
  • steffibabiie
    Options
    @laurelfit57 I think it's going to be different for everyone. I have a friend who did it with an 8 hour window, and never tracked anything. I think when you're trying to make changes for a healthier lifestyle though, you're inevitably going to make healthier food choices. She lost a ton of weight though doing it that way. I was doing ADF (alternate day fasting) without tracking, and I would lose for a bit, then gain some back, until I would get frustrated and give up. It wasn't until I went and saw a dietitian a few months ago that I really understood that I was only eating around 800 calories on my up day, and that was causing all sorts of issues. My dietitian has me tracking for now just so I can make sure I'm hitting a healthy calorie target each day.
    If you're prone to regularly overeating, I think tracking along with IF would be beneficial, as you're not going to lose weight regardless of your eating window if you're not ending up in a deficit. But like I mentioned, for so many people they may do good all day, then it's the late night snacking that gets them. If you close your window, and cut out all the snacks, it's an easy solution to the biggest problem!

@micaroo4 sending hugs and hoping tomorrow is a much calmer day!

@Katmary71 hope the surgery went well, and recovery is quick 🧡

@Neon_Ninja we're all here for you! hope it gets better

@megnolia82 reeses are my biggest weakness, especially the mini ones. Thank God they don't have the mini ones yet here in Australia, and the regular ones can even be hard to find. 🙈 it's good to be able to see what your choices are doing to your body though! I'm in the same boat, and I know I feel better when I make better choices, just need to remember that next time we're thinking about choosing something less nutritious!

@trooworld yes he's home! He was gone Friday-Sunday for a boy's weekend, something they try to do every year, but since covid they haven't been as committed to it. but it's a good break for him and for me too usually 😂

Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement, this week's been a lot better though it's been HOT (mid 90's + humidity) so it's been a bit difficult to make sure I'm getting my meals in. Protein smoothies have been a life saver. Also back to my walks, but still taking a break from strength training. Only a few days left of October, going to make them count!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Neon_Ninja Sorry about the depression and the gain. Hang in there.

@badnoodle Ooh enjoy that walk! Yeah, unfortunately, my days are like that often...I have a long commute and then get home and before I know it, it's time to go to bed! I love the air fryer, we have a Ninja Foodi and it does a lot of things, including air frying!

@laurelfit57 Yes, it stinks! I bet Skinnytaste has an air fryer recipe...yes she does: https://www.skinnytaste.com/chicken-parmesan-in-the-air-fryer/ I do best with routines, as well. I hope you can get back to it soon!

@steffibabiie Ah I see. Yes, we all need breaks at times! :D

@DrewsAnna I hope you feel better soon. Great pics, I love the ones of Chipper (and of course, you!)!

Hi all. My mouse is starting to flip out so I ordered another one, hopefully it gets here before I need to post again lol. I had a pretty good day yesterday. I ate under my cals but didn't get a chance to get on the treadmill, we had to run an errand after work. Not sure if I can do it today, I have a lot to do and another errand tonight.

Spooky Fitness Challenge for Oct steps/minutes: 7,298 / 6,000, 80 mins / 15 active mins

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    @steffibabiie I cannot even imagine the temperature being in the mid 90s in October! Glad you’re able to get back to your walks!

@DrewsAnna you did well for all that debauchery for celebrating your birthday🤣. Chipper looks like he’s having a great time!! What a great shot of you! It looks like the time at the beach was amazing♥️

@trooworld thank you so much for the link to the air fryer chicken! I have not been on that site in a while and I didn’t realize she did air fryer recipes. I will have to cruise around there for sure. How long is your commute?

19shmoo69
    Hi

@katmary71 just in case you get a chance to stop by, hope all is going well!!

Vannie came home today so that was wonderful! We only got out for one very short walk, I need to get in more of a winter mindset. The wind was blowing, the snow was blowing, I was freezing, lol! I am continuing on my tomato binging. I read that I can make a simple tomato sauce just by quartering and deseeding the tomatoes then simply cooking them all down in my crockpot. Apparently then I just use my immersion blender and voilà there is tomato sauce. Fingers crossed, that’s what’s going to happen LOL That is currently what is on the go.
  • steffibabiie
    Options
    @laurelfit57 it's honestly been the weirdest thing getting used to having the seasons backwards here. Though, I am used to 90's in October as that was fairly common in southern California. But 100+ at Christmas, I don't think I'll ever get used to.
  • steffibabiie
    Options
    @19shmoo69 helloooooo!
  • Cornanda
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @trooworld - my hubs got me a shallow pan that has a rack with little squares on it- and it is nice for oven "frying"- the air fryer is better, but the pan is nice and larger than what I can put in the fryer

@Neon_Ninja - hope you feel better

@badnoodle - fall walks are so nice!

@micaroo4 - hope you feel better too. Bad days are no fun.

@laurelfit57 - I missed it- where was Vannie? Glad she is home. How long do you have to lay low? Your description of bedhead/hung over Vannie made me smile. I do love Gus's bedheads! You are going to have so many good things to eat in your freezer!

@steffibabiie - Oooh, that IS hot. Been enjoying cooler temps in FL. How is your hip doing?

@drewsanna- looks like you rode out the giant bday celebration well. Your pix are awesome! You look amazing and Chipper is so cute.

@19shmoo69 - hi!

I am disgusted with myself and I need to get back on track. It's been over a year of me saying that. When will I take ACTION?!?!?

Lisa

• Cornanda
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 176.8
    CW: 178.3

+1.5
  • steffibabiie
    Options
    @cornanda they're both sore now, but it's at a tolerable level. Just trying to take it easy, and doing a lot of stretching and mobility exercises and hoping whatever the issue is just remedies itself. 😂
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all

davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:265.4
    CW:265.6
  • trooworld
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Hi Darren! How you doing? How's the coffee this morning? :D

@laurelfit57 Oh yes, and she has two cookbooks for air fryers! My commute in the morning is an hour and at night, it can be anywhere from 1 1/4 hrs to 2 1/2 hours! I can't believe it is snowing already wow. I wish you good luck with the sauce, such a great idea!

@Cornanda Oh that sounds like a good tool to have. What can you make a priority, or a change, that would affect your health today? Hugs.

Hi all. We are celebrating Halloween at work today. I am dressing up as "DJ Dewey Decimal", an 80s era librarian DJ lol. You see, I am a librarian in my real life (although not a public librarian). It should be a fun day of not getting much work done although I'm not sure people will get my costume. I'll try to take a pic. We have a dog training appointment tonight. It's been a while since we've had one. I made beef tips last night with steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes. I made the beef tips in our Ninja Foodi using the pressure cooker function. It came out well. I gained 2.2 lbs this week which is not too much of a surprise since my friend was here over the weekend. It still ticks me off though. I'm with you, @Cornanda!

Spooky Fitness Challenge for Oct steps/minutes: 3,059 / 6,000, 33 mins / 15 active mins

This discussion has been closed.