Airport Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and it is going to be a great day. I am back at work today and I am going to get that last membership that I need to get to hit the exceeds for the year. That is my goal. I am going to rock this month. I can only hope the future months are just as rewarding. But I am going to work on it. I really am. I want to do well. I want to possibly hit the circle of excellence this year. It will be hard but I am sure I can possibly do it.

@CSEGUIN2 - My sister has traumatic hearing loss from when she was little and my Dad shot a gun off right next to her without giving her ear protection. The gunshot basically damaged her ear drum so she is partially deaf in one ear. At this point I am not sure if she even monitors it anymore. I hope your dentist appt goes well.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,203 Member
    Options
    It’s 56 feel like 55 at 7:20AM with a high of 83 today. Insight Time Quote: Breath is the finest gift of nature. Be grateful for this wonderful gift.—Amit Ray. I AM: I allow peace to fill my soul. Action for Happiness: Recognize that you have a choice about what to prioritize. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,890 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 238/305 mile a day before breakfast, 12 Week Foundations of Training W11/D1: Legs & Abs + Core Challenge W4/D1: Core after breakfast and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,451 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all, wishing you a great day. Hugs and blessings
    Joyce
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 66 feels like 66 and rainy at 6:15AM with a high of 72 today. Insight Timer Quote: We cannot be more sensitive to pleasure without being more sensitive to pain.—Alan Watts I AM: I express my gratitude to my loved ones. Action for Happiness: Write down 3 specific things that have gone well recently. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,295 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 238/305 mile a day this morning, 12 Week Foundations of Training W11/D2: EMOM + Core Challenge W4/D2: HIIT in the gym after my hair appointment and 60 min walk later this afternoon.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a long walk with a really good friend of mine this afternoon and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i went to the art drop in program this morning at the building that is not too far from my place and i really enjoyed it. yesterday was a halloween movie and pizza at the same building. i dressed up in a costume and my costume was liked by all i met there. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon to you all. I'm so glad that it's finally cooled down here in central California. I so enjoy going out in the afternoon for more walking & enjoying nature
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and half the week is gone. My birthday was Monday and I got to spend the afternoon doing whatever I wanted since I took half a day from work. It was nice. I relaxed at home and then went to the Library and got a couple of books. I am really looking forward to reading those books. They are going to help with my mental health. I am sure of it. I have reached my membership exceeds requirements, which makes me super happy. I was required to get 60 memberships this year to get a Fully Met on my annual review. If I get 115% higher than that I would get an exceeds requirement. Well the 115% puts me at 69 memberships for the year and yesterday I hit 69 memberships for the year. Well I am still going too. I am not stopping getting those memberships. I want to get as many as I can. I know I can do it and I am going to do it. It will help my raise and my bonus at the beginning of next year. They actually give you the whole year to reach your goal so then they do your review the next year. I am not sure when, but today I am going to ask and see when that is going to happen. I am excited for the exceeds requirements score. I have it with memberships now, and autobill, and referrals. I just need to get my approved credit cards on track. I have 4 and I need 3 more to get exceeds with that. So I think I am doing really well. I just have to push the credit card as much as I can.

@cormierannie - what was your costume that you wore? Did you watch a Halloween movie or just any movie? Joe and I have been watching Halloween Town and Twitches this week. We are thinking of hitting some other ones after these but we will have to look and see which ones are out there.
    @Evamutt - Yesterday was a great day here too. It was warm at sunny outside. I actually turned the air on in my car after work on the way home. I am really going to miss the warmer weather. I don't mind the snow that comes to Michigan ever year I do mind the extremely cold temps that come with it. I need to get some better gloves and a good hat to keep me warm.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 66 feels like 66 and rainy at 5AM with a high of 73 today. Insight Timer Quote: I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.—Rita Mae Brown I AM: The past has taught me how to be strong. Action for Happiness: You can’t do everything! What are your 3 priorities right now? Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,913 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 239/305 mile a day this morning, 12 Week Foundations of Training W11/D3: Strength/Conditioning + Core Challenge W4/D3: Core in the gym after work and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Warm again today and muggy, 82 outside. Nothing new or exciting happening. Wishing you all a great day.
    Today's Inspiration
    “Opportunity is always knocking, but the problem is that most people have the self-doubt station in their head turned up way too loud to hear it.”
    - Brian Vaszily
  • cormierannie
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain : my costume was a pirate.
    Good afternoon, everyone! It's a mostly cloudy day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She's working at her part time job today. I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I'll be going for a walk after lunch. I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 67 feel like 66 at 6:15AM with a high of 77 and chances of rain today. Insight Timer Quote: Th ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence.—Jiddu Krishnamurti I AM: Day by day I am getting better and better. Action for Happiness: Find a new person a problem you face. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 17,115 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 240/305 mile a day this morning, 12 Week Foundations of Training W11/D4: Chest/Arms/Cardio + Core Challenge W4/D4: HIIT in the gym after work and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    Many of you know I live in Maine, I am south of Lewiston. Many places including here were closed today, as they've still not found him. It's anybody's guess as to if he's still alive and if so, where. Could be any place, certainly I'd imagine he'd want to get as far from Maine as he can, but that remains to be seen. TY TY TY to all who are sending healing wishes to those in Maine. It's a rural state, and yes, of course, I do know people up in the area. My GD (and kids) are fine, they live in the area but are at home.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Diane glad family is safe. That is a scary situation. Hope they find him soon.
    Not much new here. Have a good rest of the day.
    Today's affirmation: I say NO to the demands of the world. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well and are safe this morning. Today is Friday. Joe gets his first paycheck from his new job today so we are going out and celebrating with dinner out with his daughter and her husband and my son and his boyfriend. I am hoping to not overeat. I have been overeating a lot lately. I am having trouble controlling my hunger and not going overboard when I do eat something. I am not sure what to do about it. Especially since I am not exercising like I want to, It is really rough. I am struggling a lot. We just don't seem to be able to find a routine.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Please stay safe. I read about the tragedy yesterday and immediately thought of you and hoped you were safe. I am glad your family is safe. I am praying for those who have lost loved ones. I am also praying that the man is caught and gets the help he needs. It sounded like he has been suffering with a mental illness for some time and no one helped him so that this could be avoided.

Well I hope you all have a great Friday and stay safe.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 66 feels like 66 at 7:30AM with a high of 68 today. Insight Timer Quote: Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.—Dr Wayne Dyer I AM: I seize money-making opportunities with ease. Action for Happiness: Be kind to yourself today. Remember progress takes time. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,522 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 241/305 mile a day this morning, 12 Week Foundations of Training W11/D5: Active Recovery + Core Challenge W4/D5: Core in the gym after breakfast and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    THANKS! @Kurtize @Tabatha_Cain I keep checking to see if he's been found. Indeed Tabatha clearly has quite the mental illness, but this was planned out. At any time He could have called 911 and said what he was planning on doing. but instead, he chose to go through with a plan. It was youth night at the bowling alley. The poor kids.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Hi all happy Friday. It did rain a little more rain due tonight but today it is very humid. Its 80 feels like 88 and humidity is 86%. My glasses are foggy up. Haven't slept well the last 2 nights don't know why. I wasn't going to exercise but decided to go for a walk anyway, glad I did, I end up feeling better about myself. Nothing else new here. Wishing you all a great weigh in tomorrow. Hugs

Daily Inspirational quotes:
    2ntbu1s74fvn.png
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday. I have a wedding to go to and I have a tree trimmer coming this morning before the wedding. So much to do. I am taking photos for the wedding. I hope my battery lasts. I think it will but we will see. Today has been a really good morning. I want everyone to know I am sorry if I offend anyone but having family that has suffered from serious mental illness I tend to see things differently than most people. So I do not want to offend anyone with my posting and if I do I am sorry.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I completely agree that it is a tragedy and I feel so sorry for those children in the bowling alley. I know that the shooter is not blameless; however, they are saying that they knew in his military basic training that he was hearing voices and having issues. Why would they continue to train him to be a firearms trainer if they knew he was having mental issues. Then there is that I heard he left a letter for his child. So again he had a relationship with someone what left him. She knew something was wrong and left him rather than try and get him to seek help. People with that type of mental illness typically fear the police and are not going to call them and say they are planning to do something because with their mental illness they feel justified in what they are planning. Yes what he did was horrible It is a huge tragedy. It is also a tragedy that that man suffered for years with a mental illness and no one in his family tried to help. They say he spent 2 weeks in a mental institute. Well that is only long enough for an evaluation. Not treatment. I know because several of my family members suffer from mental illness. One pulled out a gun and shot himself in the head in front of his mother. His immediate family knew he was bi-polar and never tried to get him help. They just kept telling him it would be ok. That is why I am so strong in the notion of therapy and helping those with mental illness. You have to help them if you suspect there is an issue. Most people are not going to get help on their own because society has told them to be strong and be tough.
    @Kurtize - I always feel better after a walk. I think it is the endorphins that make me feel good. Either way I will take it.

Again I am sorry if I have offended anyone. That was not my attempt at all. I just want to help people see that people with mental illness are victims as well. Not to the caliber those he shot are, but when you can see a point in history that he could have gotten help if someone had acted and tried. Then that person is also a victim.

I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 40 feels like 36 at 7AM with a high of 45 and slight chance of rain this morning. Insight Timer Quote: Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience. It isn’t more than that.—Sylvia Boorstein I AM: Jealousy has no place in my life. Action for Happiness: Ask yourself, will this still matter a year from now? Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,210 steps. Training plan: Day 242/305 mile a day this morning and 60 min walk after dinner/before church.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone! It's a beautiful sunny and windy day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She's working at her part time job today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk after lunch and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.