5is2msun6vqf.png

Team Winners
    lzuv2m3gbzd8.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    ddainiak wrote: »
    Hello Downsizers.

I'm Darlene, 63-years-old, retired since 2020, married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson) and one goldendoodle (Monty). In January I vowed lose weight, get healthy, give up some bad habits, exercise, and take some time for me for a change. Something actually clicked this time (have tried numerous times in the past), and I am more determined than ever to meet my goals. I started at 228 pound, and am currently around 171 (57 pounds lost). I am just a couple pounds away from leaving the obese stage for good. My ultimate goal is to get to ideal (another 30 pounds - give or take a few).

My November goals:
    • Lose 4 pounds (4 pounds is always my goal) which would also move me from obese to overweight ⚖️
    • Get 200 miles logged on my fitness tracker - I was on a mission to get 2,023 miles in 2023. I will make that goal the first week in November - so now upping it to 2,400! 👣
    • Strength Train - 3 days a week💪
    • Flex train - 1 day per week 🧘
    • Continue with couch to 5K (I'm on week 3) - I do two rounds of each week - 3 times a week🏃‍♂️
    • Log Daily 📝
    • Stay under my calorie range 🥗
    • Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily 💦
    • Read daily 📖
    • Do something fun or creative daily 🧶 🖍️🎮 🎉
    • Be better about checking in daily with this thread! ✅

These are great goals. Looking forward to seeing you meet them all.
    Mama530 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

STEPS:
    10/28: 14,389
    10/27: 19,386
    10/26: 16,074
    10/25: 14,424
    10/24: 4,511
    10/23: 4,010
    10/22: Fitbit died

@lindamtuck2018
    Can I change my weigh in days to Sunday please? My new job has caused me to be late on weigh ins, so Saturday has become a challenge for me
    That is no problem.
    torih941 wrote: »
    SW: 275.2
    10/8: 270.8
    10/17: 275
    10/22: 271.2
    10/29: 271.6

My goal for November is to make it out of the 270s! I know that’s completely attainable I’m just feeling a bit stuck.

Let’s get you unstuck. Is there anything that you can pinpoint is causing you to be stuck? The positive is you are down 4 pounds since you started.

• NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

sbhx6dz2qnkp.png
    34r6jx1gjrdb.png
    i0cn7ei1k8s0.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    cee7zcae7zfh.png

By Pounds
    3wj27o07to9l.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    nkiaxz7da8ny.png
    r7tyezgj3o5z.png

By Pounds
    5is2msun6vqf.png

Team Winners
    lzuv2m3gbzd8.png

We did it yall!! Gold is ours!!
    December is fast approaching so let's hit these goals hard this month💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    @Heretochange88 @RoblinB @Stacimfit
    Yall killed it last month - way to set the tone and inspire the living eff out of me. Appreciate yall!!
  • Heretochange88
    Heretochange88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Finally able to type more than three words now I'm on my computer haha.

I am going into my second month here really (i joined the month before I think but I wasn't quite ready so it doesn't count)

Last month I started a medical bariatric program which is a specific food plan with weekly group therapy sessions. Just before starting the program, I hit my highest weight ever, at nearly 400lb. My physical health was a mess- barely could walk, can't bend, painful to get in and out of bed, personal hygiene being an impossible task at times.

I am down nearly 25lb already and feeling some benefits. I can't wait to see what happens in the coming weeks and months!

I have an important event in February where I have to fly to Utah. I have to buy certain clothes at that time and I would love to be a couple of dress sizes down.

Goals for November:

* Be in the 350's (about a 13lb loss, so a big task)
    * Average 7,000 steps a day
    * Swim/Youtube workout 3x a week

Non weight loss related goals
    * finish current school course
    * read scriptures daily, at least 1 chapter.
    * daily gratitude

• Heretochange88
    Heretochange88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    @Heretochange88 @RoblinB @Stacimfit
    Yall killed it last month - way to set the tone and inspire the living eff out of me. Appreciate yall!!

and I see you there with the 2nd highest loss in the month, my dude!! Thanks for inspiring ME!!!! :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,784 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Finally able to type more than three words now I'm on my computer haha.

I am going into my second month here really (i joined the month before I think but I wasn't quite ready so it doesn't count)

Last month I started a medical bariatric program which is a specific food plan with weekly group therapy sessions. Just before starting the program, I hit my highest weight ever, at nearly 400lb. My physical health was a mess- barely could walk, can't bend, painful to get in and out of bed, personal hygiene being an impossible task at times.

I am down nearly 25lb already and feeling some benefits. I can't wait to see what happens in the coming weeks and months!

I have an important event in February where I have to fly to Utah. I have to buy certain clothes at that time and I would love to be a couple of dress sizes down.

Goals for November:

* daily gratitude

I see you posted steps ...Are you wanting to be added to the step challenge ? Please let me know so that I can add you .. Thanks
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,784 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    My Goals for November are:

^use my home gym 5 days a week for 45 minutes (sitting down of course)
    ^Stay with Keto
    ^Meal Prep on Sunday's with my daughter's help
    ^Get at least 6 hours of sleep

^drink 140 ounces of water daily
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sorry @lindamtuck2018, I almost forgot.

User: rwillems
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 280.4 lbs
    CW: 281.6 lbs.

Rick
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome @ChickieBoom23, @charutandon444, @theresab88, @2PurrfectKats and @abeks

@Megan_smartiepants1970 The steps haven't been pretty. Thanks for holding me accountable. I wasn't going to post the steps.
    Goal: 5k/day
    10/22 2683
    10/23 2943
    10/24 2797
    10/25 12711
    10/26 8211
    10/27 8217
    10/28 5451
    Total: 40,013

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Ohhh i posted my steps yesterday but they aren't here! Odd. Here you go ....

Sun 10.22 10,756
    Mon 12,501
    Tues 11,801
    Wed 9,753
    Thurs 13,334
    Fri 14,303
    Sat 14,004

Goal for November 8,500 a day please x
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE

Just 8 weeks until Christmas. Here is our latest progress towards the weight loss we are gifting ourselves for Christmas day!
    Please note, someone got their gift very early ... @nachdeezy already hit his target!! Amazing, well done, if you'd like another target just let me know!
    Any of our new members who would like to join, just send me your xmas target weight.
    As usual any mistakes/ changes let me know.
    Lis
    rbgzsh6pf2yr.jpg
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    Oct 30: 🏃‍♂️👣💦💪📝🥗 🧶 🖍️🎮 18K Steps (yesterday's accomplishments). Our morning walk yesterday got finished early - started to rain about 2.5 miles in - had to finish it on the treadmill (not as fun). Today will be the same - raining all day. Something about being in the fresh air that makes the walk so much more enjoyable. On Monday nights I accompany my 81-year-old mom to bingo at the knights of columbus hall. Tonight is a special bingo night - Halloween bingo. Most will dress up, and they give candy as well as money to the winners (and to us losers as well). I will be a doctor, mom will wrap her head up in gauze and be my patient.

Congratulations Downsizers for being on top of the leaderboard!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,082 Member
    Options
    Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

10/29 ~ 15,848
    10/30 ~
    10/31 ~
    11/1 ~
    11/2 ~
    11/3 ~
    11/4 ~
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    n1bx52w74edw.png

sbhx6dz2qnkp.png
    34r6jx1gjrdb.png
    i0cn7ei1k8s0.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    cee7zcae7zfh.png

By Pounds
    3wj27o07to9l.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    nkiaxz7da8ny.png
    r7tyezgj3o5z.png

By Pounds
    5is2msun6vqf.png

Team Winners
    lzuv2m3gbzd8.png

We did it yall!! Gold is ours!!
    December is fast approaching so let's hit these goals hard this month💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽

We sure had a great month. Look at you with your name on the leaderboard. Congrats to you, @heretochange88, @RoblinB and @Stacimfit .
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Goals for November:

* daily gratitude

I like seeing both fitness and non fitness goals.
    My Goals for November are:

^use my home gym 5 days a week for 45 minutes (sitting down of course)
    ^Stay with Keto
    ^Meal Prep on Sunday's with my daughter's help
    ^Get at least 6 hours of sleep

^drink 140 ounces of water daily

Good for you using your gym. I think sleep is an important one. I know when I don’t get enough sleep it affects my eating and desire to exercise.
    ddainiak wrote: »
    Oct 30: 🏃‍♂️👣💦💪📝🥗 🧶 🖍️🎮 18K Steps (yesterday's accomplishments). Our morning walk yesterday got finished early - started to rain about 2.5 miles in - had to finish it on the treadmill (not as fun). Today will be the same - raining all day. Something about being in the fresh air that makes the walk so much more enjoyable. On Monday nights I accompany my 81-year-old mom to bingo at the knights of columbus hall. Tonight is a special bingo night - Halloween bingo. Most will dress up, and they give candy as well as money to the winners (and to us losers as well). I will be a doctor, mom will wrap her head up in gauze and be my patient.

Congratulations Downsizers for being on top of the leaderboard!

I used to enjoy all the things I would see in an outdoor walk along with the fresh air. That would be a fun bingo. I hope you guys win.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4,810
    Exercise: ✔️
    Rings: ✔️
    Physio: ❌

I did mini walks yesterday plus some arm exercises using my dumbbells. I am going to the pool today.

Have a great Monday!
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 220 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Please note, someone got their gift very early ... @nachdeezy already hit his target!!
    Fa-la-la-la-la...way to ring in the holidays, @NachDeezy! We are right behind you!
    The steps haven't been pretty. Thanks for holding me accountable. I wasn't going to post the steps.
    I am glad you did, @Learningmoments! I love this group for the accountability it provides in my less than stellar moments. Yay for you! More steps this week!
    My Goals for November are: ...Get at least 6 hours of sleep
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 That is one I am working on, too! When I don't sleep enough, I reach for everything munchie to help me feel better. Not good! Way to keep up with the home gym thing!

Hey, @Stacimfit! Congratulations on your great month!! Did you get to that Orchard Run event you had mentioned?

And speaking of accountability...My day today involves a trip to the grocery store, where I will pick up Halloween treats for tomorrow. As I mentioned, this has been a nemesis in the past!!! Goal is still to eat none! (Thanks - it just helps me to say it again...and again... and again...)
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 278 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Good Morning,

Here are the remaining steps you need @Megan_smartiepants1970 :)
    10/27-4,670
    10/28-8,929

HOW EXCITING THAT I MADE IT IN THE TOP 3!! WOOOHOOO. You guys are what keeps me going and I am really happy about my progress, even if it is a small victory, I am not giving up!
This discussion has been closed.