Airport Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,451 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone, hope your day was fantastic.

Today's Inspiration: There is nothing better than the encouragement of a good friend. - Katharine Butler Hathaway
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,203 Member
    Options
    It’s 41 feels like 36 at 7:15AM with a high of 67 today. Insight Timer Quote: In hatred as in love, we grow like the thing we brood upon. What we loathe, we graft into our very soul.—Mary Renault I AM: I enjoy a work-life balance that promotes my happiness. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 17,280 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 248/305 mile a day this morning, 12 Week Foundations of Training W12/D5: Active Recovery + Core Challenge W5/D5: Core after breakfast and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Wishing everyone a happy day. I also use stridekick for challenges, most of them I am just challenging myself. In Oct 2 of challenges I compete with others. On the Mashers I came in 5th (steps). The 3K to 5K I met goal. On my personal challenges, steps goal 75000, did 114, 539. On my race did 44.8 miles and completed all 6 milestones. My exercise minutes, goal 800 did 1870. So feeling pretty good.

Today's affirmation: I shine my light of happiness into the darkness of negativity. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday. It is going to be a good day. Last night we went to a local Production of Elf the Musical. My best friend was cast for Buddy the Elf. The main character. He did amazing. It was so good. I am glad he was cast for this part. It was so him. He always gets so excited at Christmas time for his 80 piece village set to come out. I know he worked hard for this part but he is so naturally cheery that he did not have to stretch much which is great. We had a wonderful date night last night. My husband and I are going to see the Borgess Bariatric Center on November 29th. They are going to do a whole bunch of blood work and try to help up find a system of diets and exercise that will work best to get our weight loss kicked into gear. This is a surgery center but they don't just do surgery. We have opted not to do any surgery unless it is a last resort. So we are working with their medical team to look into anything medical that may be causing us to have trouble losing weight. Then they will design a program specifically for us to help us lose weight. So I am excited since it is this month and we are finally going. I am so glad my doctor listened to us when we said that we are constantly hungry all the time and we just don't seem to get enough food and we really try to have a balanced meal. My husband has a salad every day for lunch, as well as a banana for snack and a applesauce as another snack so we are packing in the fruits and veggies, but then we get off work and we are starving. Neither one of us has a really physical demanding job. We both sit at a desk and do work with ocassional walking to another location. So I am anxious to hear after all the testing is done what is being said about why we are struggling so hard and why we are so hungry all the time.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 50 feels like 50 at 7:30AM with a high of 64 and changes of rain this afternoon. Insight Timer Quote: You can only have bliss if you don’t chase it.—Bhante Henepola Gunaratana I AM: I am going to be sad, ache, learn, and grow stronger. Action for Happiness: Sign up to join a new course, activity or online community. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,153 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 249/305 mile a day this morning and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Hope everyone's day is going well. It has been a very nice day here. We have on our front door and garage door the screens are magnetic types and the front door was open. I was sitting in the backyard and all at once I heard Don calling we have a stranger in the house. At first thought he was making a joke and that our daughter Denyse came in. He called again and I said I was coming in but guess I was moving too slow, well it wasn't our daughter, it was a doxie, looked like our Kurtzie. I told Don I thought he was joking and it was Denyse that came in. The dog didn't want to leave, Kayla wasn't happy, she was a little scared. I finally got the dog out through the garage using Kayla's goodies. I looked and didn't see anyone looking for her. Checked later and didn't see her. Hope she got home ok. We just couldn't keep her in the house until we found who owned her. There was no collar. Hugs and blessings

Today's Inspiration: If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    - Mother Teresa
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain please let us know about the center. Does insurance cover it? My so slow weight loss has turned to be hyperparathryoidism which I had never heard of!! If one has to much calcium in their system, as well as otherpenia or ortheoporosis it helps to look into why.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all having a good morning. Today is Sunday and of course we had the dreaded time change. However the one in the Fall is well preferred over the one in the spring. In Fall you fall back an hour giving you an extra hour over night to sleep. In spring you jump a head an hour and lose an hour of sleep. So that is when everyone dreads the time change. Some people think we should stop doing it but we have been doing it for so long that I don't think they want to change it up. Today I am definitely going to be more productive than I was yesterday.

@Kurtize - I feel so sad for that dog. I hope it was able to find its way home. It is sad that there was no one looking for her.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I believe my insurance does cover it. The Borgess Bariatric Center we are going to is in network, and weight loss counseling is in our covered items. They cover 80% after Deductible and our deductible is only $1000 which I have an FSA card for. Which will totally cover everything that is medical in nature. I will let you know all the things they do. They did ask us to bring in all our bloodwork results from the last year as they are going to do extensive bloodwork on us and they don't want to repeat any results that have been done in the last year. I am super excited to be going in and getting this done. I really need to get this weight off and with Joe over 300 pounds he definitely needs to get the weight off and get healthier. I mean he eats pretty healthy he just cannot seem to lose the weight. Only time he lost a lot of weight was when he was on the wegovy for a bit and then he lost like 20 pounds but as soon as we could not get it anymore he gained the weight back because that medicine is designed to be on it forever to maintain the weight loss.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 48 feels like 48 at 7AM with a high of 72 today. Insight Timer Quote: To be present in the moment is to live in a state of grace.—Michael Bernard Beckwith I AM: I doggedly pursue my dreams until I accomplish them. Action for Happiness: Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,322 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 250/305 mile a day this morning and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • TEXASTITCHER
    TEXASTITCHER Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    For all those that it applies to, did you rest your clocks last night for the end of daylight savings time?
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone! It's a beautiful day here today. My daughter says hello to all. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk after lunch and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Sunday, hope you all are having a good day. It is another beautiful day here. Nothing new happening. Have a great new week.

Today's affirmation: Spirit is within me. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, It sounds interesting and I hope it works out for you.
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 59 feels like 59 at 7AM with a high of 75 today. Insight Timer Quote: Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.—Etty Hillesum I AM: I am grateful for the blessing of being allowed to grow. Action for Happiness: Try out a new way of being physically active. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,293 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 251/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W1/D1: Chest/Arms + Core Challenge W6/D1: Core after breakfast and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Kurtize
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great day. It is nice but a little windy. On the Kungsleden Trail some of us are doing I hit stage 3 yesterday. Hugs all.

From one of my other groups I learned about this site where you write future letters to self. I signed up today, It is free or you can join for $5 a year. Here is link if you want to check out
    https://futureme.org
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 56 feels like 55 at 7AM with a high of 79 today. Insight Timer Quote: I wonder how many people I’ve looked at all my life and never seen.—John Steinbeck I AM: I am letting go to become a better version of myself. Action for Happiness: Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,372 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 252/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W1/D2: Back/Shoulders + Core Challenge W6/D2: HIIT in the gym after breakfast and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    ekb48kq15g7b.gif
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    Good evening, everyone! It's a cool and windy day here today.my daughter says hello to all. She's working at her part time jobs today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk after lunch and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and it is going to be a good day. I am all alone as a MRII today at work. My co-worker's husband ended up in the ER Monday night and she missed work yesterday and then said she was going to be out today as well. She talked to my boss and said that it might even be possible that she is out for the rest of the week and possibly back on Tuesday of next week. That leaves me with a lot of work, but I get it. They are an older couple. She is only a couple years from retirement and her husband has health issues. He fell a couple times last week and it took him 2 hours to get a hold of the phone to be able to call her for help because he could not lift himself anymore. He refuses to use a walker and he refuses to allow anyone into the house to help him as he is a hoarder according to my co worker (his wife). I pray that he will be ok. I know she is tired and she is worn out trying to work full time and take care of him. I get it though. I love my husband and would do that same for him. It would be really hard though. The sad thing is that he was doing really well at the beginning of the year so she transferred departments. She was working from home in the call center and they felt he was doing well enough to come back into the office where I live so she did. Now he is having trouble again. I am not sure if she will be able to switch back to the call center. They usually require that you stay in your current position for a year before being allowed to transfer, but given the circumstances that might not be an option for her. She may have to go back to working from home to care for him. I just hope it all works out for her and I am praying for her everyday. At first I really did not like her. Our personalities clashed. Then I realized that she is just old school and while I am the new way it is ok that she is different and I just take care and do what she asks me to do to make it easier on her since she is going through a lot at home.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 65 feels like 66 at 7AM with a high of 79 today. Insight Timer Quote: Nothing in the world is so compelling to the emotions as the mind of another human being.—Margaret Flow Washburn I AM: As I get older, I am learning to love my body more. Action for Happiness: Plan a new activity or idea you want to try out this week. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,021 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 253/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W1/D3: Legs + Core Challenge W6/D3: Core after breakfast and 60 min walk this afternoon.