Airport Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone! It's a cool and very windy day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She's working at her part time jobs today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I did my strength training workout earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a short run a while ago and I feel great! I'll be going for a walk after lunch. I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,451 Member
    Options
    Nice day, breezy so even though temps were high 70s low 80s it was nice. Per weatherman temps are to plummet on Friday. It was a busy day, got a lot done, Cleaning, walking and shopping. A realtor who is looking for a house came and looked at ours, they live in Dallas right now. Hope this family is the one that want to buy. Have a great evening, hugs all
    0tbmxr7dml2a.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, I hope your co worker hubby will fully recover. I've seen to many fulltime caregivers get horribly burnt out. So kind of you to bend and allow her to do things her own way (old school) no doubt it makes it easier for you too. Aww you have such a great heart. I've had to do the work for 2 people after awhile I did burn out.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and it is going to be a great day. My co worker is suppose to be back in the office today. I think she is going to be very distracted. I think her husband is still in the hospital. Joe and I yesterday offered to come help clean house, or prepare a meal, or go grocery shopping for her if she needed us to. I am not overly fond of this co worker as I said before. Sometimes we butt heads but she is down and out right now. So we offered to help. She of course said she was fine but I told her the offer stands as long as she needs and we will come help.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I have had that burnout as well. I get it. I think she is not really burned out but upset that he is being so stubborn about things. She says all the time that she tells her kids to just put her in a home if she gets this bad because she does not want to make them do what she is doing with their Dad. So I can see she struggles sometimes.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,203 Member
    Options
    It’s 47 feels like 43 at 7:30AM with a high of 57 today. Insight Timer Quote: Let go once. And if it keeps coming up, let go again. Peace does not just happen, you have to practice it.—Yung Pueblo I AM: I am happy and healed. Action for Happiness: When you feel you can’t do something add the word “yet” Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,497 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 254/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W1/D4: Shoulders & Chest + Core Challenge W6/D4: HIIT after breakfast and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, I am so sorry she's going through so much with her Dad. We DID put ours into one, be it an extremely nice one. It was a pay cash only situation of only 12 residents in an old Southern home, it was very nice. Dad did NOT like that AT ALL!! He still always to be at home, but it was no longer safe. He never agreed with us, but it was much better for him. I do not get why our parents generation hate places so much, and many think their children are going to take care of them. Sure, if it was simply take these meds, run errands, Dr appointments, but they are getting hurt at home, it takes such a deep emotional toll on one. I had offered to move to FL to be with my Dad (I was in Colorado at the time) but, he didn't want that either. I am so sorry she's going through all of that. I've told my GD its a NO question thing, nursing home me!! She does NOT need that. She thought because I raised her it was the least she could do, but raising a child, who is able to dress themselves, go to school etc. is not at all the same as having an adult size body, but not being able to remain independent barely if at all. Arriving home to see someone has fallen (or with me it was a phone call about Dad "he laid on the floor for 24 hours" he had the "I've fallen and I can't get up" thing, but refused to use it. Okay!! I AM NOT doing this to my very sweet GD. It was super kind of you and Joe to offer to help her. TY TY TY TY for being so kind to her. Many do not offer to do that. I imagine if you brought her a meal to eat that night, though she may act embarressed etc. it'd touch her heart deeply.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    I receive daily Inspirations: This one was about applying the Golden Rule to self. Here is article I thought it very good and wanted to share.

https://inspiremetoday.com/brilliance/apply-the-golden-rule-to-yourself/?omhid

@Tabatha_Cain, It is never easy when you have to decide it is best for your parents or parent to go into a home. I know it was very hard for me and my mom was not happy about it. But it was for the best for us and for her. I did have help with this from a social worker that was in hospital the last time mom had to go because she fell again. Sending hugs and prayers

Have a great rest of the day all.

• Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and I am so looking forward to this weekend. So much I need to get done and some time off that will be great. I am so needing the time off. I have been busting my butt at work. My co-worker came into work yesterday and she skipped her lunch to leave early. She has not slept yet. Her Husband is the one who fell and while in the ER they discovered he is severely dehydrated, his kidneys are shrinking, his brain is shrinking and there is something going on with the white matter in the brain, his calcium is so high it could kill him and his potassium is very low. They are not sure why the calcium is so high. So they put him in critical care. After 2 days in the hospital and iv's in both arms they are still having to use a machine to find veins if they need to get another line started. They told her to get his affairs in order. That although they are going to try their best this may be end of life for him. She cried yesterday morning. I could not imagine my best friend my husband dying. I know my husband has gone through that already and he knows how tough it is. So we offered to help her in anyway we can. I had her load me up on any and all things I could get for the office. Deposit bags and International Drivers Permits. Things that have to be managed and assigned by her since she is the lead MR just in case her husband passes. She gladly got me all those things and I told her to just take it easy and just do the little bits she could. She went home and I am hoping got some sleep. She is suppose to be back today as this shortened shift will be for the duration of her husband being in the hospital.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I am really hoping her husband pulls out of this, but I am sure with everything going on that they doctors are not thinking he will otherwise they would not have told her to get his affairs in order. I pray for her every night. She is not my favorite person at work, but she does have a lot of knowledge since she has been there 20 years with the company. We just have clashing personalities and I really try not to let it bother me. I usually just go home and complain about her to Joe.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 36 feels like 34 at 7AM with a high of 60 today. Insight Timer Quote: The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.—Mark Twain I AM: I know gratitude can make the most narrow views broader. Action for Happiness: Be curious. Learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,674 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 255/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W1/D5: Back & Arms + Core Challenge W6/D5: Final Fit Test after breakfast and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain I can't imagine how your co-worker must be feeling. I have been with Don all but 19 years of my life, I couldn't imagine life without him. I will pray for her and him, you are very kind to help her out. Hugs

Hope you all are having a great day. It has rained on and off but able to go for a walk with Kayla. I am progressing on my Dia de Los Muertos Conqueror walk. Slow but steady.
    m1tdtcmeyz2u.jpg

Hugs and blessings

Today's Inspiration: The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. - Benjamin Mays

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    Good evening, everyone! It's a cool day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She worked at one of her part time jobs today. She's also taking part in a musical in the band. She likes to play music as often as possible. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I did my strength training workout earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk after lunch and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry what your coworker is going through & her husband @Tabatha_Cain . I worked in ICU for 10 years. I will keep her in my prayers. So good of you to offer help, especially since you clash. My father never wanted to go into a nursing home so when he saw people in his house that weren't there, we moved our family of 4 kids & 2 dogs to his house. Unfortunately, he only lived another month. Turns out he had a stroke. My husband resuscitated him when he collapsed but he never came to in the hospital. Please keep us informed
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and it is Veteran's Day. So if you served or your spouse served I thank you for your service. My husband served in the Army for 4 years. They sent him to Japan and Korea. He missed his sons birth and almost missed his daughters due to being overseas. He learned a lot from the military and even though he was not there during a war time he still served. He feels it should not be recognized because he did not serve during a war. Today we are going out and celebrating him with a couple free meals at a couple restaurants.

@Kurtize - Thank you. It has been a real eye opener on the things that can happen in life. You are doing so great with your walking.
    @Evamutt - I definitely will keep everyone updated as I know. Even though we clash doesn't mean we should not offer to help. She is a human in need and her heart is suffering. So Joe and I believe we should offer to help in any way we can. She of course has said she doesn't need anything, but I remind her that I am willing to help when she needs something.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 39 feels like 39 at 7AM with a high of 61 today. Insight Timer Quote: Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.—Will Rogers I AM: I remain calm under pressure. Action for Happiness: Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way. Happy Veterans Day!!!! Thank a Veteran today for their service. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,296 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 256/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W1/D6: Legs after breakfast and 60 min walk after dinner/before church.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , You have a heart of gold. There's no doubt in my mind that your coworker appreciates it. I feel really bad for her too. It would be impossible not to feel bad for her. I hate death I hate sickness I hate that we don't get to live forever. It's why I hold up the hope I do.

When you see this it will probably be Monday morning. I hope you're able to carry on through the week with the strength you will need in order to get 2 jobs done. Many people today only look at the negative thing going on. You are an example of something very good and positive going on. You know Tabatha we care a whole lot.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and Joe and I have church in person. I get to work in the kids wing while he is on cameras for both services. It is going to be a great day. We have loaded up half our load of wood into Joe's car to take to his parents after service. They needed fire wood for the winter since they use their fire place to help them heat their house. We had several big branches cut off our tree last month and had the guy leave the wood. He took away the brush but left the actual wood pieces. Joe's car is sagging right now. It is kinda funny. Hope we don't have issues on the way up. I am glad we are taking it up to them though. No way we would go through all this wood.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I always try to see the positive, because if you don't your life will be miserable. Life is what you make it. Surround yourself with light, love and happiness and that is what you will have. It is ok to feel down in a moment because yes depression is real, but you have to try your best not to dwell there. Get help, see a doctor if you dwell there too long. Hit up a friend or something.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 39 feels like 37 at 7:20AM with a high of 66 today. Insight Timer Quote: Wishing our diverse community a blissful and illuminated Diwali! May this festival of lights bring you joy.—Insight Timer Team I AM: I have everything I need to reach my goals. Action for Happiness: Find something new about someone you care about. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 18,015 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 257/305 mile a day this morning and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Sunday and many blessings. I got another post card on my Dia de Los Muertos walk.
    Here is blog.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891931/joyces-walking-adventures#latest
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , LOVE IT!

utupauhc6rqc.gif
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    God Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and it is the beginning of the week. I am definitely going to try and get some massive things done at work today. Then when I get home we are going to tackle the yard with all the leaves as best we can. No rain is predicted for the next 3 days. We have that long to get it all done. I am sure we can do it. We have the leaf blower from Joe's parents. We really need to invest in one ourselves. This weekend went well. I was able to relax and we still got all the laundry done.

@Kurtize - It is so awesome that you are doing this walk. I am glad to see you can take your time on it too. I think Joe and I are going to start one in the spring. We cannot really go walking in the winter.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I really do try to have a positive outlook on life. It can be so draining when you are unhappy and depressed. I know from experience. I spent years in a depressive mood. I feel much better now and the exercise really does help.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha