Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    So much to deal with Laurie! 🥺. At least the drain is out now and you can slowly work the scar to loosen it up a bit. I know that oncologists are being more cautious about aggressive chemo.

Sometimes the cure is worse than the problem! I’ve seen studies that show a wait and watch method is much more positive for the patient. Much like the approach for men with prostate cancers. Less can be more in the long run.

The hell is the worry and hoping to have it all go away and get back to “before”. Time eventually sorts everything out….
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,643 Member
    Options
    It will.

The worst part is that there is no screening to know whether or not the cancer has "returned" - if it does HER2 positive tends to metastasize to the bones or the brain and you can only tell once you start having symptoms 😳 that's enough to encourage you to feel more inclined towards chemo?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm sure that I will stop worrying about it in a couple of years once I get past this stage 🙂🤞🏻
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    It’s a tough place to be Laurie. Hopefully there will be frequent monitoring.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm looking forward to finding a calm spot to get back to weight loss! That is coming soon (fingers crossed).
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Don’t rush it Laurie! All in good time.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,660 Member
    Options
    The wise one is wise! :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I have booked an appointment with a dietician/nutrionist in December. Hopefully by then I'll be ready :)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Wow everything is out patient surgery now! I remember my mother-in-law telling me how she spent two full weeks in the hospital after each of her 4 sons were born. I’ve had several surgeries- and like you- all were out patient. Even when I had my hand tendons resectioned. Of course, spending the night in the hospital can’t be as restful as your own bed.

Glad you’re doing well Nic ❤️‍🩹
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,660 Member
    Options
    Hopefully everything continues as smoothly!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    So good to read your update, Nic! Hope you get a good night sleep and wake up feeling that much closer to becoming thin!!! 💕
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,420 Member
    Options
    Well it's day 2. No more gas pains, got some low grade muscular pain all through the abdomen, but also my right shoulder, both hips and the top of both thighs, etc. The biggest one of my incisions (1" maybe) is black and blue, but that's normal. No pain medicine (narcotics or otherwise), no nausea medicine. Another day of clear liquids, then tomorrow I introduce full liquids (ie protein shakes).

Ended up getting in 3 miles of post-op walking yesterday (just circles around the house) and 40oz of fluid, plus 1 4 oz jello.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sounds like you are in a great groove! Good work, Nic.
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Wow sounds like you are doing great post op. Glad things are working out so easily. I was amazed at how little pain I had post surgery. I was up and back to normal within a few days. Crazy that they removed an organ and I was ready to be back in less than a week.
  • lauriekallis
    Options

You are doing incredibly well. What a strong determined person you are!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear that the surgery went smoothly and so far recovery has been good Nic!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    You’re an Amazon warrior princess Nic! 🧝‍♀️🏅