Nov.5: 220
    Nov.12: 218.8
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Sunday
    PW 155.6
    CW: 157.8

Eh, I'm not too worried about this. As my shoulder has gotten better, I've gone back to eating more protein and doing more strength training. If my Renfro scale is to be trusted, I've gained a bit of muscle. My hope was to lose another 10-15lbs by just cutting calories before I got to this point, but it seems my body is unwilling to let go of any more fat at this point, so I have to go with this new plan.

My mother has just been diagnosed with a rare cancer. She's in the hospital and we kids ( we all live in different states) are trying to coordinate her care. I live closest - about 3 hours away. When she is released from the hospital, I will be going to help her and my father with her care. It has added stress to our family situation and I'm trying deal with it without eating my feelings. Good thing the Halloween candy is already gone.
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - I just want to second what everyone has said about MRI's. I have a lot of experience with them. I have to get one done on my liver (with contrast) every year due to a liver disease I have. I do not have a problem with claustrophobia, but I still get a little anxious and have to calm myself down when I'm in there. You should absolutely be able to have access to an open MRI if there's one available in your area. And sedation is always an option, too.

Personally, I've never had a problem with the contrast. I've always been told to drink extra water afterward. That's just my experience. I hope you can work out an option that is best for you.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Thank you! Your day with the museum it sounds like you did a lot of walking, I'm sure despite the heavy dinner you burned a lot of it off with all the walking. The meal sounds amazing yum!

@tammymccrady6278 You got this just get back to it!

Congratulations Mission Slimpossibles on 2nd place by percentage and results for week 2!

@Megnolia82 @broncobuddee @Digger61 Way to go top winners at losing this week!

@DebJB30 Good news on the gain being muscle! I'm not sure how reliable those scales are as I've never owned more than a basic one but you'll be able to tell by your clothes not getting tighter. I'm so sorry to hear about your Mother having cancer, sending prayers to all of you.

Hi everyone! Not much to report, I picked up my muffins then took one of the packs to my neighbor and we walked the neighborhood a few times. She's turning out to be a good friend I'm glad she's moved here. Did good on eating right at my limit but not so good with mindful eating as I've been so focused on cleaning up buckwheat seeds from the farm (brought 4 buckets home with me to clean the seeds up). I'm feeling a bit like I want to hibernate but between all these people coming to the house I'm unable to. I don't really feel depressed but haven't been sleeping very well and the thought of staying in bed all day reading sounds like heaven. Have a great Monday friends.
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    badnoodle
    Sunday
    PW: 188.4
    CW: 188.4

I think I might have misread the scale in the dark last week, because I've been absolutely on track this week. Might be salt, though, I've had a hard time staying away from that. I don't know how people with higher calorie goals than mine manage to handle sodium restrictions.

Got my biannual bloodwork results back, and they are FANTASTIC. Even my A1C was in the green, and Lord only knows how that happened, given all the crap I have eaten the last month or so. So I'm grateful, but puzzled.

This weekend has been super busy. I prepped a big pot of Chicken Cannelini & Greens soup to take for lunches, and roasted a pie pumpkin to turn into a lower carb/cal thanksgiving-ish desser. Something like a crustless pie filling or mini souffles. I also picked up the smallest turkey in the freezer case, because I can't pass up .69/lb meat. Probably smoke it and freeze it.

Have a great week everyone.

• crhillis
    crhillis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Name: crhillis
    Weigh In: Thursday
    Starting weight (Sept 18, 2023): 157.2
    PW 154.4 (Nov 2, 2023)
    CW 153.6 (Nov 9, 2023)
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    WI Sunday
    PW 198.8
    CW 199
    ——-

Hi all

I’ve been busy with the kids and their exams, family, hubby and prepping to travel which is today.

I’ll catch up when I get settled.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Megnolia82 Sunday weigh in November 12

SW: 228
    PW: 203.4
    CW: 206.4

I had some trouble with emotional regulation this week. Dealt with it in really poor ways.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the whole team for achieving 2nd place by both percentage and pounds! And special recognition goes out to @megnolia82 @broncobuddee and @Digger61 for making it onto the leaderboard!

@laurelfit57 @vegan4lyfe2012 @askewcr @19shmoo69 @Veta2018 @Sleepygirl79 @crhillis Congrats on the losses!

@DebJB30 I'm sorry about your mother.

@Katmary71 I actually didn't do as much walking as I had hoped I would but it was fun! I'm glad you have a friend in the neighborhood. Sorry about the sleep issues.

@badnoodle That's great news about your bloodwork!

Hi all. Lots of losses this week, which is fantastic. Hugs to those who need it. I'm not ready for it to be Monday already. I want a vacation lol. I didn't ask myself if I was hungry before eating yesterday, it totally slipped my mind. I did stop when I was comfortably full, though.

GOALS FOR THE MINDFULNESS CHALLENGE:
    Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 4 (1-10, 10 is the best)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,003 Member
    Options
    @DebJB30 I'm so sorry to hear about your mother having cancer. It's good that you are going there to help when she is released from the hospital. In the past I was caregiver for both of my parents; I know what an ordeal it can be, for a non-medical caregiver trying to cope with medical issues. I hope your mother is a good patient for you. Give your father as much support as possible. And don't let the rest of the siblings off the hook, just because you live closest! Prayers for all of you.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW 175
    PW 169.5
    CW 170.7

We made it home early this morning.
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 84.25kg | 185.73lbs
    CW: 84.20kg | 185.63lbs
    Progress from SW: -11.45kg | -25.24lbs

My Info:
    Working with a dietitian and my doctor to get healthy, feel great, and set a good example for my girls!
    Height: 162.5cm | 5’4”
    Starting Weight on 28.08.23: 95.65kg | 210.87lbs
    Short Term Goal Weight: < 72.5kg | < 160lbs
    Daily Calorie Target: 1400-1600
    Macro Breakdown: 40f/30c/30p
    Diet: mostly Mediterranean; focus on whole foods; no alcohol; limit added sugars.
    Intermittent Fasting: 16/8 (for now – hopefully back to ADF in the future)
    Workouts: cardio and/or body weight circuits 6x per week

Holding steady. Everything’s good but life is crazy busy. Will likely be MIA until next week’s check in. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @badnoodle That's wonderful news on your bloodwork, yay! As far as the A1C if you did great in the first two months of the last three that could've kept it in check despite the last month. Haha I told my surgeon he needed to approve me to at least lift a small turkey as it's the only affordable meat right now! I ended up with a turkey breast instead but I hear ya!

@AmbersWay Safe travels!

@trooworld How could you possibly forget mindful eating yesterday??? Haha I'm teasing I forgot until I read that so I'm feeling guilty now LOL. Great job stopping when full!

@steffibabiie Take good care of yourself!

OK I need to put a note on the fridge about mindful eating, I can't believe I completely forgot it the entire day WTH? I went to Raley's and I'm definitely not ready for big grocery trips and pushing a heavy cart, I'm exhausted and hatin life right now. There's hardware sticking out above my incision that's getting real irritated when I sit so I'm icing a lot, I hope that calms down as it's driving me nuts. I DID ride my recumbent bike for 5 minutes with my PT and got permission to do light weights for this week's upper body challenge so I'd better go get it done. Have a great Tuesday!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,003 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 - try putting the reminder note INSIDE the refrigerator. It's so easy to overlook notes on the refrigerator door. :wink:
  • trooworld
    Options
    @txcritter69 Welcome back!

@Katmary71 Yeah, Sunday is a blur lol! Don't feel guilty, it takes time to build the habit of thinking about it! Is that hardware supposed to be sticking out? Have a good day!

Hi all. Yesterday, I entered a period of depression that will probably last a bit. I am overwhelmed by things and there are some other issues. I did track yesterday and I drank more water so that's good.

Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 4 (1-10, 10 is the best)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    DaveJ_43
    Weigh In Monday
    PW: 230.4
    CW: 237.2

Wow, I didn't realize I was doing so poorly since last week!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Oh no huge hugs my friend, if there's anything I can do to help please let me know. You're doing good at not letting go of newer habits while depressed which is great. I find for myself that's kind of a tether to get out of a depression. I'm not sure on the hardware, I'll ask the nurse tomorrow, thanks for asking.

@DveJ_43 Chances are some of that is from sodium so just get back to it and try not to panic, hopefully it will be back down in a couple days.

Quiet day I hope everyone's doing well! I had my last OT appointment and it went well, I've lucked out and had great home visitors and will miss the OT and nurse (tomorrow's her last day). The nurse last week was telling me how her kitten wouldn't use the litter box and I'd said if she had another cat's urine in the box she'd probably mark over it, she was desperate enough to take a urine litter clump from my cats home and it worked! I've felt a little nutty giving her a plastic bag with that but now she thinks I'm a genius, haha. I told her she could take some as a parting gift tomorrow. Had a great talk with the OT, between feeling like I'm getting better real slow and the bad shopping trip I've been down and helped me feel better. Still harvesting buckwheat, I'm hoping to be done by this weekend. Have a great Wednesday! Oh I DID eat my dinner (Moosewood's Persian yellow split pea and barley stew) not watching anything so a little better today!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 46 of 52

PW: 137.6
    CW: 138.4

Yay! I won first place in the contest 5th place spot from the top of the list, and I was number one for "Uniqueness Of Design Leaders!" There are only 25 First Place Winners and 125 people on the list including second, third, fourth and fifth places. The next contest is Christmas, I usually get inspired faster because I love Christmas Decorations.

I've been eating lots of yummy food, corn beef hash, a side of potatoes, and eggs over easy made for a very tasty lunch. And it was very easy for me to eat. I have a motility disorder I suffer from esophageal spasms. Somedays it's really hard to get my food to go down, but I do my best because my doctor told me again at our last visit not to lose any more weight. According to her my weight has been dropping over our last three visits. I told her I was trying to get some wiggle room so I can eat something yummy at the holidays. I've gained a little, so I need to spend a week eating salads, with a baked potato tossed in the middle of the week. It's easier to stop and go back before I reach 140 like that. I don't know how many times I have gained and lost the same 5 lbs. The food will wait for me, it's not going anywhere. I can store most of it in the freezer. I have felt out of control, so I stopped eating nuts for a week. They are so yummy; I'm addicted to them. My brain say's go eat some nuts you know you love them, but then I think my clothes won't fit if I gain any weight so I better not. Speaking of clothes, I think it's time to get rid of all of my large clothes and only keep the medium size.

I am inspired by all of you, and I am in awe of your will power and dedication to your lifestyle changes. It's no longer a diet, it's a commitment to stay healthy for the rest of your lives.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 Thank you. I did do some things to help yesterday (more on that later). I'm glad you can ask the nurse. That's interesting about the kitten! Good job with the mindfulness. I looked on YouTube for videos about the belt slipping on my walking pad and found some. I may still send the video to customer service though as it looks like there are several things it could be.

@FushiaKat Congrats!

Hi all. Yesterday I realized that it isn't only depression, it's high anxiety. I took my anxiety medication at work and it helped some. I also made a couple of lists with steps on how to handle what is bothering me. That helped as well. I'm still depressed and anxious but I'm less so. I tracked yesterday and am mostly pre-tracked today. I caught myself asking if I was hungry yesterday and stopping when I had enough. It's getting more ingrained.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 9 (1-10, 10 is the best)

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just a quick check in. I ended up starting out with strepthroat, then got Covid.🥴. Finally on the road to recovery, feeling pretty good, just really tired. Wanted to say that I am still around and definitely on my way back :-). Hope everyone is well!
This discussion has been closed.