Airport Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,203 Member
    Options
    It’s 39 feels like 36 at 7:20AM with a high of 70 today. Insight Timer Quote: It is in our idleness, in our dreams, that the submerged truth sometimes comes to the top.—Virginia Woolf I AM: I take a deep breath in and out. Action for Happiness: Do something playful outdoors – walk, run, explore, relax. Happy World Kindness Day!!!! Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 18,178 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 258/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W2/D1: Chest/Arms after breakfast and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thank goodness for a long weekend for me. Was able to find time to stop in and say hi. I have 4 days left of class. Friday is my graduation day. Hopefully will have a placement by then but if not oh well. Will just have to keep job hunting I guess.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone, hugs and blessings.

l58atrxnv54i.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, I also went through a horrible depression years ago. I also sought help (Hey anyone who is going through depression be it oneself or someone you know please if you are comfortable urge them to get help) and feel so much better as hopefully, it's easy to see.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and for me it is going to be a good day. I have work today and things are going well at work. My husband however I believe has caught a stomach bug. Lots of cramping and stuff and does not want to eat anything. This started last night. He is going to try and make it through work, we will see how it goes. I may have to leave work early to take care of him. If not and he can make it through the whole day I can see him not really wanting to eat anything for dinner tonight. I am glad he is getting this over with before the Holiday though. It would be rough if he was sick over the Holiday. Today I am getting my Flu vaccine. That is probably going to knock me down for a day or two. Sometimes it does and sometimes it does not.

@CSEGUIN2 - I hope you do have placement by then, but I do know even if you don't it will not be long that you get something. You test scores are high and that always looks good.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - It does happen. It isn't talked about really so people don't know how to help. I always try to educate people on how to help. I took a course with the Suicide Coalition which made me QPR certified on how to recognize someone in crisis and get them help. That was probably one of the best things I could have done.

Well I hope you all have a great Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 41 feels like 37 at 5:11AM with a high of 68 today. Insight Timer Quote: Seek first to understand , and then to be understood.—Stephen Covey I AM: I let go of worried that drain my energy. Action for Happiness: Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about. Closed all 3 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,601 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 259/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W2/D2: Back and Shoulders in the gym after work and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    108d6vy5dxx5.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, So cool on taking the course! Was it an online or in person course?
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and it is going to be a great day. I am hoping so. Joe is feeling a bit better. We believe he has Norovirus. That is a type of stomach bug. He did a telehealth with the doc and they took him out of work until Thursday. We are hoping that does not cause too much issue since he is within his 90 days of work, but we will figure things out if it does affect it.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - It was an in person training that I did with the Pride Organization I was a part of. As you know a lot of LGBTQ+ people have depression and are more prone to suicide because they are not accepted. So we took a course and learned to Question, Persuade, and Refer. QPR. I hope some day with what I have learned I can save someone's life or at least help them to get help.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 42 feels like 38 at 5:11AM with a high of 70 today. Insight Timer Quote: Keep your mind fixed on what you want in life: not on what you don’t want.—Napoleon Hill I AM: It feels great to spend my days in this amazing body. Action for Happiness: Build on new ideas by thinking “Yes, and what if…” Closed all 3 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,297 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 260/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W2/D3: Legs after work and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone! It's a beautiful sunny day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She is working at her part time jobs today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I did my strength training workout earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk after lunch and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. I played bingo this afternoon and I won a few games. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Good afternoon airport friends. Here is an article I received, A Cornucopia of Mindful Eating Inspiration by Michele May MD.

https://amihungry.com/have-a-mindful-thanksgiving?inf_contact_key=cd9482585580f43aabbc6cab39d316ab1b0a3f0fd3ee5d9b43fb34c6613498d7
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends;

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and it is going to be a great day. Next week is Thanksgiving and then the week after that Joe and I are going to the Borgess Bariatric Surgery Center. Joe and I are not doing the Bariatric Surgery, but they also do a lot of other things. We will meet with someone who will run a ton of bloodwork and try to pinpoint the reason we are not losing weight. They will then design a weight loss program with foods and exercise to try and help us lose weight and work with us to tweak it as we start losing weight. Joe and I both agree that surgery will be the last resort. I am concerned about the surgery as all my friends that have done it have had some sort of issue after surgery requiring transfusions. So that has me scared. Like really scared.

Well I hope you all have a great Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 47 feels like 43 at 6:11AM with a high of 67 today. Insight Timer Quote: Pursue what catches your heart, not what catches your eyes.—Roy T. Bennett I AM: I always believe in myself and my convictions. Action for Happiness: Look at life through someone else’s eyes and see their perspective. Closed all 3 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 17,950 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 261/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W2/D4: Shoulders and Chest in the gym this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Hey all - I'm still around. Things have not been going well. Part of it is, I need to keep up my calorie deficit, but this time of year is rough. Even though I don't go to parties etc, there are always things tempting me. Also being small with a light frame I need to stay under 1500 calories or so to lose ANYTHING and it's easy to get fatigued at that level.

So I'm thinking I want to recomp for a while. I need more muscle anyway since I lost too much during the initial part of my weight loss. My body didn't need as much muscle to carry it around and I didn't work hard enough to maintain it even though my protein levels were okay. What I'd love advice on is this - does anyone have suggestions for exercise equipment that doesn't make a ton of noise, isn't super expensive, and doesn't suck?

I had a mini pedaler but that gave up the ghost, also I always had to brace it against something. I have a mini stepper but that is super boring to use and is now unacceptably squeaky. I found something that was sort of like a skiier-glider, folded up, and was affordable, but looks like it doesn't have resistance so I'll "grow out of it" pretty fast. I'm going to look into YouTube videos for cardio as I don't have much space and can't go out for walks except for shopping. Circumstances. Also thinking about getting another set of exercise bands, though again that needs a good place to anchor them (even a good door) but of course my office door opens inwards!

I DO have weights, at least some of them, so am using them more. A little more muscle will help marginally and eventually increase my metabolism by a little bit. Anything helps. I figured I'd come here because Thankgiving is loomng and I might get a bit of advice, at least.
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 55 feels like 55 at 7:38AM with a high of 60 today. Insight Timer Quote: The present moment is the only time over which we have dominion.—Thich Nhat Nanh I AM: I value a relationship without drama. Action for Happiness: Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself. Closed all 3 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,637 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 262/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W2/D5: Back/Arms in the gym after breakfast and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Friday - some November humor
    kt0qe3xhcl67.jpg

• sgod50
    sgod50 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    @Sand_TIger

I tried all sorts of 'work out from home' things to build muscle, but I just couldn't hit my groove with anything. I've been a gym member most of my life, but had dropped it at the beginning of the pandemic. Bad choice for me - up 50 pounds in 3 years. Some of the things I tried at home - dumb bells, several different online programs (peleton weight classes, beach body, Caroline Girvan, others), exercise bands, body weight exercises, etc.). I bought a peloton bike (love it!!) and that works great for cardio, but it doesn't provide that 'lift heavy' needed for women.
    But anyway .... I joined a different gym this time (Planet Fitness) shortly after I started my first 5% challenge. Cheap - no classes that I didn't need. The machines are the best thing for starting out. Easy on the joints. You might need a personal trainer to get started, but find one that will teach you how to progress, not just blindly follow them. Otherwise you become dependent on them.
    The other thing is just consistency. I've been following James Clears ideas in Atomic Habits. I set a schedule for myself and always go to the gym on gym days. Even if I go and just sit there. It's about the habit.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, Please let us know how the center helps. Maybe i should work with a dietician again.

@sgod50, Great advice to @Sand_TIger , I've used the heavy resistant bands with much success in the past. Though this is cardio it helped so much with this,, hoola hoops!! Tightened up my abdominal muscles very much so. YouTube and other sites have a lot of free videos.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    sgod50 - thanks for the suggestions! At this point if I had to join a gym I wouldn't ever want to go there often enough to make a difference. Today I cleaned up my office some and loaded up my EZ-bar and dumbbells so got a pretty decent upper body workout, so there's that. Since I noticed that I want to exercise more when watching hypertrophy focused YouTube channels I started doing that more. Lead a horse to water...