Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 221.6
    Nov.5: 220
    Nov.12: 218.8
    Nov.19: 220

Here’s what happens when I don’t track for the week.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Way to go on less emotional eating! Hey I made Rootitoot's recipe for a turkey breast and mashed potatoes (and gravy) in the Instant Pot, everyone was amazed at how good it turned out so you'll have to try that sometime. I'd bought the turkey breast for myself and my SIL talked about getting together so I brougnt it and a bag of potatoes to their house and we invited my folks over.

@Cornanda I'm so glad you posted so we know how YOU are doing. I'm glad you lost some and are finding a way that works best for you. It's so hard this time of year, seems every time you think you're able to get back on track an invite to dinner pops up. Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful and I'd love to try your pie!

@tammymccrady6278 Sounds like you're having a wonderful visit with the family, you'll get back on track soon enjoy your time with them.

Congratulations on coming in second by percentage and pounds this last week!

@vegan4lyfe2012 @veta2018 @19shmoo69 Way to go on an awesome week of leading the pack!

@micaroo4 LOL the meme jokes are awesome!

Hi friends! My SIL and nephew went to the farm yesterday and she'd mentioned having an early celebration as they're going to her parent's house in Oregon. I'd just bought a turkey breast and potatoes so I brought them over and my folks came and Mom taught my nephews how to make suberage (Armenian dish with philo dough and cheese). I used an Instant Pot recipe for it and it came out great, it freed up the oven aside of it going in the broiler for a short time so I could see doing that again. I got what was left of my tomatoes, zucchini, and squash out in the yard and did my two rounds of PT stretches and exercises. Good day but I've been eating way too much having two turkey dinners in the last week! I was mindful with lunch but not with dinner. Have a great Monday friends!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Hey bbs!

Sunday weigh in Megnolia82 November 19

SW: 228
    PW: 206.4
    CW: 204.6

Isn’t it crazy how a couple pounds up feels like a hundred pounds on your body? Must be bloating from crappy eating because I felt so svelte and smooth a couple weeks ago and now I feel lumpy and stuffed into the same clothes I felt great in.

My goal this week is to get online with you every day. I can’t do this when I stray from accountability. Life is a little crazy at the moment, just super busy. So I need to make time for my health 100%

Have a good week all!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the whole team for achieving 2nd place by percentage and pounds! Special shout-out goes to @vegan4lyfe2012 for top dog place for individual lbs lost and @Veta2018 and @19shmoo69 for making it onto the leaderboard! Way to go!

@Cornanda Interesting plan, I'm glad you had some success! Enjoy your holiday and the special apple pie...that sounds yummy. Good luck with the decorating, that's probably what I'll be doing as well. Thankful for you as well. <3

@tammymccrady6278 Have fun and enjoy!

@laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss. How are you feeling?

@Katmary71 Thank you! Oh good to know, I will definitely be trying that as I love turkey breast and mashed potatoes! I'm glad you had a nice time with your family.

Hi all. I went to bed at 5 pm last night because I had vertigo and took this medication that made me super sleepy. I'm working today, off tomorrow, and then working Weds and then I'm done for the week. I am off tomorrow because one of my dogs has to have a procedure (a rhinoscopy) and go under anesthesia. It's just easier to take the day off.

GOALS FOR THE MINDFULNESS CHALLENGE:
    Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 5 (1-10, 10 is the best)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @trooworld- I hope your dog's surgery goes smoothly. I'm sorry about the vertigo. I've had it a few times and what a trippy feeling.
    @megnolia82- I totally agree with you feeling bloated can change the way you feel about yourself and how your clothes fit. I never really paid enough attention to it before but now it is a stark contrast.
    @Katmary71- Way to go getting in your PT exercises. I hope you had a great time with your family.

This week is busy with my boys school, son's therapy and holiday fun. We went to my sister's house yesterday to celebrate with her family and our mom. I was mindful of portion size and focused on slowing down eating and stopping when 80%ish full. It helped me not fill yucky like previous years during holiday dinners. I hope everyone has a great week.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    AmbersWay wrote: »
    WI Sunday
    PW 199
    CW 199

Late. Im traveling.

Not going down or up.

@broncobuddee can I change my WI to Mondays please

All set.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I'm not up on the abbreviations and anagrams. What is bbs?
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @megnolia82 It IS weird, I'm feeling huge and bloated right now so I get that feeling, you're going down though keep it up!

@trooworld Thank you! Is your vertigo better today? I hope so! I was thinking it was great you had a break tomorrow but I know you'd rather work than worry about one of your babies. Prayers everything goes well tomorrow.

@865jessica Sounds like a busy-in-a-good-way week! Great job on the dinner, Thanksgiving is a hard one to cut back on. Have a great week!

@19shmoo69 Be back soon (BBS).

Hi everyone. Had a busy morning with PT then the store, I did a stupid and got a gift card that I thought was an Amazon card and it was Starbucks, I'd been planning to put it aside for getting gifts with for Amazon's Black Friday and I'm not now, grrrr. I filed a claim to see if they can get money back and if not I have to decide between losing some to sell it online or just having a balance that will last a few years of gifts and the occasional coffee. Not much else going on, I'm doing a step challenge so I got that in and had leftover turkey and mashed potatoes for dinner. Next up is the last round of PT then I'm going to bed early to read for a couple hours. Have a great Tuesday!
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 84.20kg | 185.63lbs
    CW: 84.20kg | 185.63lbs
    Progress from SW: -11.45kg | -25.24lbs

My Info:
    Working with a dietitian and my doctor to get healthy, feel great, and set a good example for my girls!
    Height: 162.5cm | 5’4”
    Starting Weight on 28.08.23: 95.65kg | 210.87lbs
    Short Term Goal Weight: < 72.5kg | < 160lbs
    Daily Calorie Target: 1400-1600
    Macro Breakdown: 40f/30c/30p
    Diet: mostly Mediterranean; focus on whole foods; no alcohol; limit added sugars.
    Intermittent Fasting: 16/8 (for now – hopefully back to ADF in the future)
    Workouts: cardio and/or body weight circuits 6x per week

Life's still chaotic. Daughter finished high school, went to formal (aus version of prom), and had awards assemblies for both girls.

Ended up getting sick from general stress and not sleeping as much as needed, which has turned into bronchitis.

Now trying to get caught up on work for taking so many days off. Needless to say health has taken a back seat. Was pleansantly suprised to jump on the scale this morning for the first time since last week, and see the same number. Will try and be back soon and catch up!
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day - Sunday

PW 157.8
    CW: 158.4

Sorry this is late. I’m on the road and kept forgetting to post it. With my Mom and Dad helping them as Mom has come home from the hospital. Thanks for the well wishes. Not sure if I will be able to weigh in next week or not.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @865jessica Thank you and thank you about the vertigo, too. It is a trippy feeling and is so scary. You are inspiring me to "behave" on Thanksgiving! Way to go, you did awesome!

@Katmary71 Not really, if I turn my head to the left too far or bend it down to get something, there goes the dizziness. But as long as I avoid those things, I'm okay! Yes, although it will be nice to have the day off today. I have things to do unfortunately. But I do plan on reading part of the day! Thank you. That sucks about the Starbucks/Amazon card. I'm sorry. I hope PT goes well and you enjoy your reading!

@steffibabiie Sorry about the bronchitis. I hope you are feeling better now!

@DebJB30 I'm glad your mom is home from the hospital now.

Hi all. My BIL is either home from the hospital now or coming home today, not sure which (I haven't talked to my MIL). So, we will have a nice Thanksgiving. I have a lot to do today. Mostly running around but some stuff around the house. I was going to make some of the sides for Thanksgiving and freeze them but I don't feel like it and don't see the sense in freezing it for one day.

GOALS FOR THE MINDFULNESS CHALLENGE:
    Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 6 (1-10, 10 is the best)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 47 of 52

PW: 138.4
    CW: 137.8

Woo-hoo, I lost a tiny bit. I did not eat any nuts last week and it was very hard to do. Not much going on here, I need to go outside and rake up some leaves, but the wind was blowing so hard yesterday that was not an option. I like to fill up the green waste can before Friday when they come to empty it so I will try to get out there this week. I have been really tired lately, not much energy to get outside. Today I got up really early then went back to bed for two hours, I feel a bit better. My nose keeps dripping, and my eyes are running too, I think I have allergies. I've never had allergies. I did test myself for Covid and I don't have that.
    I bought some fresh green beans to cook with bacon for Thanksgiving, I need to figure out what I'm eating along with that.
    I hope everybody has a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy spending time with your families.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @steffibabiie Congratulations on daughter's graduation! Both girls received awards? That's wonderful! Ugh hope the bronchitis is getting better, that's great you managed to keep your weight down during it.

@DebJB30 I'm glad your mom is no longer in the hospital.

@trooworld Oh no be careful of the dizziness! That's frustrating as you think you're doing better then move a certain way and get a reminder you aren't. Thanks hopefully tonight will be the end of the book, I'm bored of reading it! I'm so glad your BIL is home or will be home today, that will definitely give you all something extra to be thankful for on Thanksgiving.

@FushiaKat Congratulations on the loss, sometimes with a challenge like that (eating no nuts) it's a mixed deal on being happy because now you know not eating them helps. Sounds like it could be allergies, I normally don't have them too bad this time of year but lately I've been taking allergy medication twice a day. Yum fresh green beans sound awesome! Happy Thanksgiving! On other healthy sides what about roasted root veggies or winter squash?

Hey friends, I'm waiting for my brother's cat to be dropped off so this is a little fast. Did PT and walking then went shopping with a friend, next up is a charity “who we are” online chat at 6PM that I'll be helping with. I'd offered to pick her up but forgot she's too heavy for me to lift. I've been using the pedometer on my phone to count my steps but I don't tend to walk around with it at home, I'll have to look into a cheap tracker. Anyone recommend one? I didn't have good luck with Fitbit so I don't want another one of those. Have a great Wednesday!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 - what about using your phone with a tracker app? I have a samsung phone, and I downloaded the Samsung Health app, and it tracks my steps.
  • megnolia82
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »

Sorry! I teach in a French school and we sometimes use bébé as a term of endearment (with friends not with the kids) so in my head it was like (hey babes!)
    Seeing it now I’m like… uh… what was I thinking?

Anyway not new slang or an acronym, just me being a little ridiculous.
  • megnolia82
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »

Sorry! I teach in a French school and we sometimes use bébé as a term of endearment (with friends not with the kids) so in my head it was like (hey babes!)
    Seeing it now I’m like… uh… what was I thinking?

Anyway not new slang or an acronym, just me being a little ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.