Airport Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 Thanks for that! I thought at first "what does she mean congrats? I gained since the beginning of this challenge!" And then reconsidered and thought "well I still haven't gained back even quite a quarter of what I lost, so that's not so bad."

In researching this mental fatigue I've been experiencing I ran across a concept called "fat loss periodization" where instead of trying to lose weight in long marathon with maybe brief cheat days you lose it in diets of two to four months in duration, and then have long periods of maintenance in between, at least as long as the diet lasted, sometimes longer. The goal is to make steady progress and train you in habits that will enable you to keep all your losses. I think that sounds a lot nicer considering how little I have to consume to truly lose. It'll be easier to stay focused if I have clear goals and a set end date. So I will probably sync those up with these challenges, like do one in fat loss mode then run one in maintenance, etc. It'll also allow me to gain muscle a bit better, which is definitely a priority for me especially before I hit menopause in 5-10 years.

Anyway, as I'm sure is obvious, I love learning about this kind of thing, the more I know about how weight loss works, the easier it is to optimize things and not struggle so hard!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday. It is the last day of work for Joe and I. Joe got a Christmas bonus at work but won't tell me how much it is for. He just says he is not sure what he will use it on yet. I wish he would share it with me, but I cannot force him to share the amount with me. Today we are packing to go to Joe's parents. We will be gone until Sunday. My son is coming home to take care of the animals.

@Sand_TIger - You will have to let me know how that goes. I am really struggling. I have about 60 pounds left to go. I am going to be getting help though through a weight loss center to help me plan my meals and exercise. So hopefully that will help. I need something to help me get the last bit of weight off. I seem to be stuck.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - We are loving the thought of the 4 day weekend right now. Not sure how long that is going to last though. We may end up coming home early from Joe's parents. Depends on how that goes. We will see.
    @Kurtize - I could not imagine stepping foot into a store right now. The day before Thanksgiving. Not going to happen for me. I will not do it.

Well I hope you all have a great Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,203 Member
    Options
    It’s 28 feels like 21 at 5:12AM with a high of 50 today. Insight Timer Quote: An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.—Jef Mallett I AM: I am thankful for the love I am capable of giving and receiving. Action for Happiness: Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them. Closed all 3 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,124 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 267/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W3/D3: Legs + ROMWOD: Hips & Quads in the gym this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    Good morning 🌄 everyone! It's a cloudy and cool day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She's working at her part time jobs today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I did my strength training workout a while ago and I feel great. I'll be going for a walk after lunch. I'll be doing some dancing later on. I'll be going to the other building that's near my place this afternoon to play bingo. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,451 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, cool and 55 degrees, our fall weather is here. Wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving.

d2z1jlvrk0pv.png
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    @Kurtize, you crazy gal!! LOLOLOL
    @Sand_Tiger. is your name after the shark? If I have that right, that is. Sharks are cool creatures!! When I had over 100 to lose, it was a DAUNTING Number!! When I broke down to each challenge, it became doable. I also consider a WIN to not gain or not gain more than 2 lbs at this point (and those 2 gone the next challenge) I am now going back into maintenance. Have nonfood rewards along the way also helps. I had to learn to be reasonable also, sure some weeks i lost 1 to 2 lbs, but overall it was 1, some weeks will be a gain for a variety of reaons, but overall a loss. I had gotten frustrated with not losing and talked to the nurse at my Dr's office, she was awesome at helping me with the calorie range, and reasonable expectations. She also put me in touch with a registered dietcian which since it was through the hospital program my insurance paid for! That impressed me. Losing the weight at the time when I first old I was a full blown diabetic, I needed to or it was going on medications. Hmmm I choose Door #1, to lose weight. IT WORKED. I am not sure if that may also be an option?
    @Tabatha_Cain, oh the bonus time!! Joe may have in mind what he'd like to spend it on, and LOL that can happen. Maybe he wants a certain toy (LOL Could be anything) though bills may be nice, or a vacation etc, or he may be planning on buying you something WOOHOO and doesn't want you to say NO not too. ENJOY the 4 day weekend!! Family is a weird thing, we love them and at times they can be to much. This year my family REALLY WANTS me to go with them to New York. I am torn. For me they are even willing to do it as a FREE Vacation they want me that badly. They'll even supply the ride (With one of them and well hey we are a crazy bunch!) If my brother Rick considers going and his wife, I'll consider it, well, I might anyways. I do not know.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I finally had some time to drop in. Here is the latest of what's going on in my crazy life.

So last Thursday afternoon I went for an interview for my placement and got the job in the spot. On Friday we had our appetizer challenge which my group placed 4th out of 4. But everyone seemed to really like our pinwheels we made. Let's just say I am addicted to them so it's a good thing they are a little pricy to make for my budget.
    dfhteone0hls.jpg Also Friday I graduated from the program. Friday night I partied alot. Saturday I didn't get out of bed till noon, then got my bus pass renewed and worked on raking leaves. Sunday was Church and house work and then hanging with friends. Monday was shopping for work. Tuesday was my first day of work and it went well. Got done early and had to hang out at McDonald's and did a little shopping for 2 hours waiting for my ride to my meeting. Today was my day off so I went to a TOPS meeting with a group I have never been to and found out I stayed the same this week. Tomorrow is back to work for 2 days. See you all on Saturday if I make it in. Oh yeah Hubby and I are separated but living under the same roof which is making life more difficult. But no other choice at this time.

Connie
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options

Dianedoessmiles1 shark? Not sure what you are referring to there. :-) One of the hardest things I had to learn was what a realistic loss is - so I don't get bent out of shape unless I stall for several weeks in a row.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday or Thanksgiving in the USA. We are at Joe's parents. We got here last night. We will be going home Sunday after church. We are both working at church this weekend so we decided no need to come for Thanksgiving go home and then drive back on Sunday. We have almost completed our Christmas shopping. We have Joe's parents to shop for and then possibly my Mom. I have not decided if I am getting anything for her because what she asked for will also benefit my step dad and I am not a big fan of his right now. I don't want to do anything that will benefit him.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - yeah Joe did say he might want to use it for my Xmas gift. So he won't say how much. I won't peek either. That is his bonus to use however he wants. It was not expected so there is no income loss.
    @CSEGUIN2 - That is awesome that you got a job right on the spot. I knew you would. I am sorry about the situation with your hubby. I had hoped that would have sorted itself out by now. It does take time though. Awesome on your weight remaining the same with all that you have going on.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    loxxepocu478.jpg

It’s 34 feels like 28 with a high of 59 today. Insight Timer Quote: Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.—Ernest Hemingway I AM: I choose to nurture and nourish my body. Action for Happiness: Set aside a regular time to pursue an activity you love. Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating today or this weekend. Closed all 3 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 17,351 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 268/305 miles day this morning, Traditional Body Building W3/D4: Shoulders/Chest + ROMWOD Wrist & Ankles after breakfast and 60 min walk after dinner at work.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    r1qp2ldycmm4.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    @Sand_Tiger, I used to aim for a small amount (1/2 lb) if I lost more WOOHOO!!! I had over 100 lbs to lose. I kept in perspective of "If I lose 1/2 lb a week average that'll be 25 lbs lost during the year!" Which was way better than "I gained another 25 this year." Its a WIN WIN!! Once I was into the swing of it, I could 30 to 40 a year, but the secret was "You'll lose/You'll gain as you learn what works best for you and where you feel satisfied with food." It's balancing act, but you have lost, which is fantastic!! ANY loss is still a loss!! This week if you ate a bit today please expect a gain, and it's okay!! It was a special time for many. That is why on Sparkpeople (not longer exists) we empathazed it is a LIFESTYLE NOT A "DIE"T! You need not suffer (die inside) to lose weight, a lifestyle is learning how to live successfully enjoying food, but not using it as a coping skill.
    @Tabatha_Cain, I had to sadly grow up with a mean mean horrible thing (it wasn't a person) my Mom should of never married. She did learn that in time, but it was weird, he was very sick and she only wanted the house out and out, so she continued to be there. His death was a day of rejoicing. Years later I had heard of a family who's mother had died, she was a very evil person, at the funeral instead of all the good she had done, they were honest, and able to go on after feeling freer. I went with a friend who's mother had passed. It wasn't funeral she was being put into the ground and we wanted to make sure she was under there and that was that! It bothered me and yet, I totally understood, she was not a nice woman. This same friend my Mom loved to pieces and she did my Mom. I liked that everyone should have an older womans love even if it's not a birth thing. My "GD" is actully a friends D she was not giving any guideance to, so I took her under my wings, she was mostly with me from 11 up. Not everyone is cut to be a caring parent. So I totally get the not wanting to get your Mom what she asked for, it'll benefit him thing. Hmmm I DID GIGGLE cause yes, I get that!! I hope you and Joe enjoy the visit! Drive back safely please.
    @Cseguin2 WOOHOO CONNIE!! SO HAPPY for you!!! That's GREAT!! Who knew back when the old job sold out, how much you'd benefit, but we know to a very strong woman and YEAH YEAH YOU DID IT Connie!! PARTY TIME!! Hmmm we'll even let you cater it!! You are THAT GOOD!!
    @Kurtize, LOLOL GF You do keep us laughing but we know there's so much to you we see on the team. TY TY TY Joyce!! I'm on my way over there, and I AM LATE LATE LATE!! Usually I am on a number of times throughout the day this will be first. I am having a DIANESE DAY!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday. So there are many people who will be heading to the stores this morning to score an amazing deal of a Christmas gift. We are not doing that. We are going to go later in the day and it does not matter because we are not getting a sale item. So chances are it will still be there when we get there. Yesterday was rough. Joe and I went to breakfast and the orange juice made his tummy not play nice so he missed the Thanksgiving food. Hope he can have some today.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I have decided to be the bigger person. I love my mom and it will make her Happy. Luckily my mom did not marry my step dad until I was 19. So I did not have to deal with him my whole life. Instead I had my jerk Dad who was only there when it came time to discipline us.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday,

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 32 feels like 23 at 7:12AM with a high of 42 today. Insight Timer Quote: The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.—Emily Dickinson I AM: I am filled with the energy of abundance. Action for Happiness: Share with a friend something helpful you learned recently. Closed all 3 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,120 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 269/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W3/D5: Back/Arms + ROMWOD: Prime Movers after breakfast and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone! It's a beautiful cool day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She's working at her part time jobs today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I'll be going for a walk after lunch. I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Good afternoon all, happy Friday. We had a nice quiet dinner yesterday, talked to kids and grandkids on phone and via messenger. It is a beautiful day. Hope all is going well. Hugs and blessings.

Here is an update on my Dia de Los Muertos Conqueror walk challenge, it is my newest post card.
    https://blogger.com/u/1/blog/posts/7072509328487437637
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 28 feels like 23 at 7:05AM with a high of 48 and chances of rain this evening. Insight Timer Quote: Trust in your deepest strength of all: to be present, to be wakeful.—Jon Kabat-Zinn I AM: I take time to practice gratitude every day. Action for Happiness: Use one of your strengths in a new or creative way. Closed all 3 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,495 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 270/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W3/D5: Legs + ROMWOD: Back Side after breakfast and 60 min walk after dinner/before church.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you all are having a good morning. Today is Saturday and I am struggling. I need to get out and exercise. I am so so needing more exercise. I don't feel like I am doing enough. I don't feel like I am getting out and doing enough.

@cormierannie - I am glad your daughter enjoys her jobs. I need to start going for my runs again. I am struggling hard core.
    @Kurtize - It is nice to talk to the kids and grand kids.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • bhsuzycue
    bhsuzycue Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday morning, all! 😊 I must apologize for my lack of participation during this challenge. This is officially hell month at work - our whole department was tasked with a very large project (in addition to smaller ongoing projects) and given nowhere near enough time to do it. I have been working 10-12 hours a day Monday-Friday every week and working on weekends also. I am frankly exhausted and fall asleep almost as soon as I sit down or lay down in the evenings, so almost never get updates done on MFP. That project goes live in one week, so hopefully I can be more present in the IBC and subsequent challenges.
  • bhsuzycue
    bhsuzycue Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    @Sand_TIger that "fat loss periodization" concept sounds interesting - I have pretty much been in maintenance mode all this year, after losing around 60 lbs last year. I am starting training for a 10K (walking, not running - my old joints can't take all that pounding 😂) in mid-December so hopefully that will kick-start my weight loss again. I am also attempting to focus more on muscle and strength gains and have a new scale that measures fat percentage, muscle mass percentage, etc.