Airport Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , travel home safely please. Do you have an activity you enjoy which involves movement? Such as dancing? Skating? Etc.
    @bhsuzycue , WOW ugh! Those is fun to see the end result of a big project it sure is stressful! I hope it's one you're enjoying it. Please keep your Captian informed as needed. We are with you and hoping you'll get a slight break before the next project comes along.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,462 Member
    Options
    le04u53sy1vl.jpg
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    Good evening, everyone! It's a cool day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She worked at her part time job today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk after lunch and I feel great!; I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday. Joe and I have church. We were going to be in person and he would be on camera and I would be in the kids wing but with him still having digestive issues we have decided to stay at his parents and watch church online. It stinks because Joe and I love these times when we are in person. However with all the gas Joe has and the urges to go to the bathroom it isn't good for him to be sitting at a camera for 2 hours while service runs.

@bhsuzycue - We totally get it. I have been there before. Working all that extra is exhausting. Good Luck on both projects. I have done 2- 5K runs before. I need to get back into shape so I can do the 5K again this year. I really want to do a couple of them. I miss it. I do jog a bit but not much.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - We will definitely be safe traveling home. I like dancing when I am alone, but it really depends on the song so I never really get 30 minutes of dancing and I honestly don't feel like that is exercise to me. It only increases your heart rate for a minute or 2. I know several people debate that. I love walking or jogging. I am just going to have to do it alone for now.

Well I hope you all have a great Sunday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,203 Member
    Options
    It’s 28 feels like 19 at 7:10AM with a high of 39 today. Insight Timer Quote: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.—Robert Frost I AM: I am prosperous. Action for Happiness: Try out a different radio station or new TV show. Closed all 3 💕 ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,508 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 271/305 mile a day this morning, ROMWOD: Aloise after breakfast and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    hapgvazdq77l.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,082 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, there are times I walk with a friend, but the times that I walk alone are the ones that I enjoy in a different way. They give me a chance to think. They give me a chance to pray which I really enjoy while I'm out in nature. I call it nature even though it's the city. Part of it I get to enjoy the harbor. Very gorgeous. Nothing wrong with walking alone many people do as long as it's safe. Have you set up a reasonable plan to train for a 5K? That would be a good place to start over the winter. Building up your stamina.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Hope everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving had an awesome day!

Thank you for all your wonderful comments and support.

Worked Thursday and Friday. Got to learn how to pack parts of the meals on Thursday as well as bring lots of food home. The boss seemed pleased with how I did and gave me lots of encouragement along with encouragement and instructions. I don't know if that was partially because the girl that got hired the same day as me quit with lots of complaints about him or not. In Friday we had no supervisor as she took the day off and the boss was only there for a short time as he was running behind and then had to be off site for a commercial. We were supposed to work till 5 pm but got done by 2:30. After work on Friday hung out at my friend's for a few hours and got some attention from a male friend that was there that I am kinda interested in. My son spent the weekend. So on Saturday got some exercise walking to do errands and he treated me to breakfast. In the afternoon I cleaned up leaves for my side job as snow was predicted to start today. Then hung out at my friend's till dinner time. Today went to Church and then did a few things before taking a nap. I have started doing diamond art which I may or may not be addicted to. My Son and I are planning to live together when I move out as it's the only way I can afford it. Looking for a place to live is frustrating as I am not making enough hours to save for an apartment. My share for first and last would have to be at least $1450. But have asked my boss for more hours so we'll see what happens. All I can do is work hard, pray and keep the peace at home. When it comes to the ex I never know when he is going to run hot or cold. I hate having to walk on eggshells but I refuse to go to a shelter and take a spot someone who needs it more might need.

Connie
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you all are having a good morning. Today is Monday. We are back at work and going to be working hard. I am sure with having 2 days off last week and the weekend that we are going to be super busy when we get back into the office. I am hoping things will go well today. Wednesday I have a partial day at work. Joe and I are going to the Bariatric Center. We are taking our bloodwork results to them and then they are going to run any additional testing and come up with a diet and exercise plan for us. I am really excited about this. I think it will really help. I am hoping it will. Joe is still having trouble with his digestive system so we are hoping that that gets resolved soon. Joe got me a Samsung Watch 5 for Christmas. He gave it to me early since he had to ask me about it, so I knew I was getting it. I got him several gifts because I was so happy with him getting me this watch. It was so my top present I really wanted. I am so excited to have it. Now I have to find a way to sync it with MFP. I am hoping it will sync.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I am probably going to start training this week for the 5k. It isn't until July, but I need a lot of time to get my speed up. I just don't have time to drive somewhere, walk, and then come back to get ready for work. Or to get out of work, go home and change, then go somewhere and walk, then come home and eat dinner. There is just not enough time for all of that. Not sure when I am supposed to walk. Possibly at lunch during the day.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I am sorry it has come to this. It really stinks that your ex cannot be more civil. It sounds like you had a great time this past weekend. I hope you are able to get the extra hours so you can get an apartment with your son.

Well I hope you all have a great Monday,

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 23 feels like 15 at 6:28AM with a high of 48 today. Insight Timer Quote: Wellness is a connection of paths: knowledge and action.—Joshua Welch I AM: I am invincible when I am my truest self. Action for Happiness: Join a friend doing their hobby and find out why they love it. Closed all 3 ❤ 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,670 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 272/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W4/D1: Chest/Arms + ROMWOD: Ankle & Hips in the gym this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    u59gtcpxyb2d.jpg
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is going to be a great day. Yesterday I was super busy at work and it was great. I love being busy. I sold some travel stuff yesterday, which increased my travel revenue a bit so that definitely makes me happy. I am looking forward to that stuff. Joe is feeling a ton better this morning and things went well for him yesterday. His tummy grumbles and gas issues seem to have subsided. If they stay this way all day today then we will be cancelling his doctor appointment for tomorrow afternoon. I am so glad he is feeling better. I was getting really worried there for a bit. I got some decent walking yesterday. I got 5,775 steps. That is on the higher side of what I normally do. So we will take it. I was trying to walk around as much as possible. Tomorrow Joe and I are scheduled at the Bariatric Surgery Center. They do more than just the surgery. They do medical weight loss as well. Which is doing bloodwork and several other tests to find out why your body is resistant to losing weight and find the best approach for you to lose. Then they create a workout program and a food program that will maximize your weight loss. We are going to do that. We do not want the surgery at all. So we are trying this and seeing if it works. I am hoping it does. It is weird because we have to take all our meds with us in their prescription bottles. Not just a list of meds but they want the actual medication bottles. They want print outs of all our bloodwork we have had done in the last year also. They don't want to repeat any labs but they need to get a lot of bloodwork done they said. I will let you all know how it went once we are done with the appointment. It is tomorrow afternoon so I will probably get online Thursday morning and tell you all about it. I am nervous and excited at the same time.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 27 feels like 21 at 7:19AM with a high of 50 today. Insight Timer Quote: Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.—Charles R. Swindoll I AM: I can accept compliments from others and know they are true. Action for Happiness: Discover your artistic side. Design a friendly greeting card. Closed all 3 💕 ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,612 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 273/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W4/D2: Back/Shoulders + ROMWOD: Upper & Spine after breakfast and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Hey all - one last message here. Sorry for quitting the challenge. I was kind of hoping that front-loading positivity and support would help me do better emotionally through the holidays but it hasn't, things are even harder than usual. I'm not giving up my quest for health, but my goals aren't really matching the MFP generated ones so I'll be pulling back for a while. I wish you all the best!
  • Kurtize
    Options
    We got an acceptable offer on the house. Excited and nervous. Our closing date is 21st of Dec. and our closing for new house is 22nd of Dec. Then off we go to Amarillo.
    I won't be on line as much have a lot to do. Looking at what packing we have to do I feel overwhelmed.
    Hugs all have a great rest of the day.
  • cmoak54
    cmoak54 Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    @Sand_TIger I wish you all the best, and good luck in your future weight loss effort. Sorry this challenge didn't meet your needs. We are all different, but weight loss and healthy eating and the support we need is very specific to each of us, I hope you find the support that works for you.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,592 Member
    Options
    Hi all! feeling little crummy right now-got my covid shot and hitting the side effects now-iffy tummy and a headache and tired...as soon as my 15 yo goes to bed i probably will..
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday. Joe and I have a half day at work so we can get over to the Bariatric Center and start our weight loss journey with all the correct information and plans we need for our bodies. I am so grateful for the doctor for recommending that they do more than just the surgeries and that they can help with weight loss. They are suppose to figure out why Joe and I are having such a hard time losing the weight. I really hope they can figure that out.

@Sand_TIger - I wish you the best. Definitely reach back out of you decide to give us another go. I hope things get better for you. Good Luck.
    @Kurtize - Congrats. This is definitely an exciting time for you. I am sure you will get everything packed and ready to go on time. Just take it one day at a time. Break your home into sections and work each section. That is what has helped me in the past.
    @bookieNJ - Hope you feel better soon. Those vaccines definitely pack a punch. I am sure you will be feeling better in no time though.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 34 feels like 28 at 5:11AM with a high of 57 today. Insight Timer Quote: I make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes.—Sara Teasdale I AM: I welcome serenity into my world. Action for Happiness: Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen. Closed 💕 ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,067 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 274/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W4/D3: Legs + ROMWOD: Wrists & Shoulders in the gym this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Thank you all, we had the house inspection today, all went well. Thank goodness. Blessings all. Back to work.