CW: 222
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW198.5
    CW197

@broncobuddee just want to make sure after missing last week that I’m still able to be part of the competition weigh in.

All’s good!

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    Here is Gus giving me some side eye regarding his new Christmas jammies.....jp86yj2ozwtm.jpg

He’s adorable
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 210.4
    Today’s Weight: 210.8

Surprised I didn’t gain more.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    It's that time again - this coming week we open to new members for December. If you have any friends who would like to join us, send them this link! They can sign up and end 2023 with a bang. MFP might have its issues, but it is an easy one-stop-shop for tracking and community that still works well in its free version. Not perfect, but pretty danged good!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10903959/registration-for-new-members-december-2023#latest

If you are already here on the team, you do not need to register again. We'll keep you always unless told otherwise!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @865jessica Oh no hope you're all feeling better soon.

@19shmoo69 Silly I was expecting a dog or cat! Sounds like you're doing good, I hope you won't have any more symptoms and the vitamins help. Yay to leftover turkey!

Hi friends! I took a nap after I posted earlier and decided to do my PT and go for a walk, luckily my neighbor who has been walking with me had texted to come with and caught up with me. I got about 6000 steps and lost track of how many times we went. My brother's cat went home today, I thought they were coming tomorrow so I'm a little bummed, I love that girl. The cats all did real well though once she was in the cage to go home Jasper ran up to stare at her behind the bars and hissed. Pretty tough when she can't chase him, haha. Just closed my diary and first day under calories in a bit. Have a great Sunday!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    9/19
    PW: 205.0
    CW: 209.6
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I was going to give up and quit. But I had a good heart-to-heart with someone today that's also struggling with her weight. So I'm not quitting. I'll get caught up tomorrow. Hugs and love.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 257.5
    CW: 259.5

Happy Thanksgiving!!! B)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - your pet is adorable!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Ah good plan to wait for Christmas. I've been wanting a food sealer for years but my husband kept saying we wouldn't use it. He always says that about stuff and then ends up loving the item. Well, I had an Amazon gift card so he couldn't say boo about what I got so I got that lol. That's good you got your dad's shaver. So, they couldn't straighten out the gift card thing eh? That sucks. Wow, 6,000 steps is great! Jasper! That kitty cracks me up. Way to go with being under your calories!

@865jessica Oh no! I'm sorry you all are sick. Feel better soon.

@19shmoo69 LOL! I love it. I'm glad you and your doctor agree and that you are monitoring your blood pressure. Does your diet allow you to have an indulgent day every once in a while? I think it's okay you had the pizza. Peanut butter jalapenos, that's something I've never heard of! That's good you have a bunch of meat to eat.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad you aren't quitting. It's tempting to do around this time but the time would pass regardless and in a year, you might have gained weight and said, "I wish I didn't quit." HUGS.

Hi all. We ended up spending most of the day cleaning/de-cluttering our condo. I was so tired afterward and my foot which has plantar fasciitis was killing me. I think we are at a point where we can get a Christmas tree today and start decorating for Christmas. We have to elevate the tree because Violet would surely try to eat it or the ornaments lol.

GOALS FOR THE MINDFULNESS CHALLENGE:
    Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 6 (1-10, 10 is the best)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post this. According to recent research, you may not need to exercise during the week if you work out for at least 150 minutes over the weekend.

The study, published in JAMA, the journal of the American Medical Association, followed almost 90,000 people, and found that moderate to vigorous activity, concentrated during one or two days a week, offers similar cardiovascular benefits to a similar amount of exercise spread throughout the week.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/weekend-workouts-exercise-benefits-study/
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 146
    CW: 146

I am shocked I have stayed the same! Since everyone arrived on Thursday I haven’t tracked at all i have just tried to be aware I can’t say I am mindful, I have been visiting and running around like crazy with the birthday celebrations 🤣. Feeling good, just tired.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 273
    C. W. 274
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    Join us this week for the November Week 5 Group Challenge as we relax a little with Self-Care Bingo! Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10904027/november-week-5-group-challenge-self-care-bingo#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smile:
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW 175
    PW 170.7
    CW 171.8
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey folks,
    Sorry, I have been so quite. This is the time of yr that I really struggle with depression. Losing my mom and dog the same week as Thanksgiving really puts a damper on the holidays. My depression starts around the beginning of October and get worse over the months. I'm here hanging out in the background (still weighing in) and will see you all in the new yr.

Have a safe
    🎄🎁Merry Christmas🎁🎄
    and a
    🎊🥂Happy New Year.🥂🎊
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday:
    PW: 190.1
    CW 186.2 😎

This has honestly been a really great week for me totally aside from the numbers on the scale. Good tracking, no binge impulses. On Thanksgiving, I managed to have a little of everything I love but didn't stuff myself. If I can stay on track like this for a few more weeks, I might hit my mini-goal of 179 by New Year's.

I took a box of clothing to the local reseller on Wednesday, and going through my closet, I realized that everything from my wardrobe of a year ago is gone except for socks, scarves, and a couple of heavy coats. Just...gone. Mostly donated, or to the cloth recycling program. Thousands of dollars of clothing that I don't want or need in my life any more, and I'm honestly glad to see gone. I'm trying to avoid replacing them with fast-fashion crap by shopping at vintage/resale shops or thrifting. I had a bit of an emotional breakdown in the Goodwill fitting room realizing that I was trying on clothing from "regular" mass-market mall shops like Banana Republic or Gap instead of being restricted to the plus-size lines.

Now looking down the barrel of the last week of the semester, which is always super busy. There are a couple of work social events that I'll have to navigate carefully for food and alcohol. But I think the upcoming week could be as nice as this one.
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee I’d like to skip my weigh in this week. Covid got me this last week and my weight loss will not be a true reflection. Thanks
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

1ntpysthu2vm.png
    44e3y3jwgmt0.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    26jez5icw9du.png

By Pounds
    2nnrk9t4tvon.png

Individual Results