Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Slims! You have a returning member coming back for December - give a big welcome to @Neon_Ninja :smiley:

AND a new member! @littlebabekitty has asked to join your team, and will be here soon.

Enjoy!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad to hear you're sticking around and not quitting, I'd really miss you if you stopped MFP. Hugs my friend, you got this!

@askewcr Happy Thanksgiving to you!

@trooworld Haha glad you found a way to get the food saver! I want a pic when he's using it one day! No news on the gift card fiasco but I'm getting off the higher dose of the medication that makes me spacey once I see the PA next week, the higher dose seems to make my mind mush and I'm real worn out, I would rather be in more pain. Thanks! Have fun getting the tree up, I hope you're able to get it high enough to be safe from Violet!

@laurelfit57 That's wonderful you're the same!

@txcritter69 I'm sorry this time of year is tough for you, definitely makes sense why. I'm glad you're hanging in there, keep it up! Whether you check in a lot or a little remember you're still part of a team and we care about you, you're not alone and we're here if you'd like to share.

@badnoodle Right on you did great! Congratulations on fitting in “regular”-sized clothing stores, it's such an emotional experience when you realize that but definitely a good thing!

@865jessica @megnolia82 @tammymccrady4278 Great job this week top winners at losing! Jessica you're the top out of the whole Fat2Fit group, go you, yay!

@lindamtuck2018 Congratulations!

Hi team! Another day where I wanted to be lazy but texted my neighbor and we walked around the neighborhood about 4xs so I'm over 5000 steps for working out, did my PT and have to do arm weights before I forget but it's on my to-do list so I'll get to it. I put away all the Thanksgiving stuff and will probably start with Christmas but need to straighten up a bit more first. A friend of mine through MFP had disappeared and came out of the woodwork to spread how awful I am a few days ago, I wasn't surprised to hear she's leaving out her part in everything, one of those things you don't see coming that makes you want to close ranks and not make new friends anymore. I'm lucky my two closest friends and I go back 40 years so I completely trust them but I love my newer friends too so one isn't going to change my life despite my feelings being hurt. Doing good on food and exercise and recovery is going well. Have a great Monday! Can't believe December is almost here, are we going with the step challenge @trooworld ?
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda - Gus looks so cute.
    @txcritter69 - <<Big hug>>
    @badnoodle - You're doing great!
    Nice job this week @865jessica, @megnolia82, and @tammymccrady6278.
    @lindamtuck2018 - Congratulations!
    @Neon_Ninja, and @littlebabekitty - Welcome!
    @Katmary71 - glad you're doing well with food, exercise and recovery.

Veta2018
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 159 lbs.
    CW (Current Weight): 158 lbs.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,003 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 - (((Hugs)))
  • Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you all had a good month and a good Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it). My eating train is off the tracks, but I hope to have it under control before we reach the washed-out bridge, lol. I plan on doing a Beck Trek through my Beck Diet book on cognitive therapy--it will help to have a reminder each day of what I'm striving towards.

Welcome, @littlebabekitty!

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 797 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Sunday weigh in Nov 26 megnoli82

SW: 228
    PW: 204.6
    CW: 206

Ugh. Can November be over already? I’m ready for a fresh start in December and a renewed push to hit my goal of 200 by Christmas.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    So this month has been a blur from start to finish. Some good things happened though. I am out of the fog of fatigue from my September c diff infection. It’s wild actually. I’ve been exhausted from being busy on certain days this month but when the fatigue lifted it was literally like a curtain going up. It’s just such a different feeling. I noticed it about a week ago.

Right now my husband and daughter are sick. My son and I are desperately trying to hydrate and stay healthy.

Anyway here’s to a healthy, productive week!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    Hey team! As you can see, if you gained this week, you were not alone. Many people in F2F did. But let's congratulate @865jessica , @megnolia82 and @tammymccrady6278 for making it onto the leaderboard!

@laurelfit57 Congrats on maintaining!

@txcritter69 The holidays can be a tough time for many. I'm sorry your depression is hitting you. HUGS.

@badnoodle Congrats on the loss and the successful Thanksgiving!

@Neon_Ninja Welcome back! I have read some of the Beck book and it's really helpful.

#littlebabekitty Welcome to the team!

@Katmary71 No kidding, huh? LOL I'm sorry about the spaciness. Hopefully they can work that out. We didn't end up putting the tree up yesterday, no time. I will get one this next weekend. We did put some decorations up. You are doing so well, Kat. I'm sorry about the MFP friend, that's terrible. I think we will do the step challenge. I will work on the logistics this week.

@Veta2018 Congrats on the loss!

@megnolia82 I hope everyone gets better soon.

Hi all. I decided to change my diary setting to private because I noticed I was not tracking, or not tracking everything, on some days because I felt like someone would judge me (maybe they wouldn't but that was just how I felt). I think it will help me be more consistent with tracking, which is so important. I can't believe I have to go back to work today!

GOALS FOR THE MINDFULNESS CHALLENGE:
    Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 6 (1-10, 10 is the best)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I can’t remember how far back I was, so I’m just starting with responses to things written last week. I’m determined to get caught up!
    @19shmoo69 – That’s so awesome that your Mago is walking! Your pet in its jammies is almost adorable ;) I’m confused about your diet…I thought the doctor suggested Mediterranean? I’ve really missed out on updates this month.
    @trooworld – Thanks for the link for that pedometer! I’ve wanted something that I don’t have to wear on my wrist…takes away from the pretty Pandora bracelets I wear :) I just grabbed one for me and one for Hunter. I’ll just clip it to my waistband. Which baby is having the sneezing and itching? Violet? Sounds like puppy allergies to me. Hope they get it figured out. Glad you finally got your food sealing system!
    @Cornanda – Gus is hilarious! Love his new jammies! And thank you for the sweet note. You made me smile :)
    @txcritter69 – I’m so sorry you’re dealing with depression with the loss of your mother and dog. Hugs and love travelling down from Michigan.
    @sleepygirl79 – Hope you’re feeling better!
    @Katmary71 – A friend through MFP? Who is she telling lies to? Like on the newsfeed? How sad that she feels she has to start crap. Don’t sink to her level…unless you want to ;)
    Hey, all. So glad November is almost over. It’s been so stressful and I’m embarrassed by the amount of weight I’ve packed on. On the 13th I flew from Michigan to Texas with my middle daughter. Got into McAllen at noon, straight to the U-Haul / Storage facility, there until 8pm packing up her storage unit. Slept in McAllen that night, then I drove 13 hours Tuesday and 11 hours Wednesday. I told ALL my children that if anyone moves again in the future, I will be the babysitter. This body is too decrepit for all that work.
    I did get to enjoy an early Thanksgiving on Saturday the 18th. My son & DIL hosted and I am still surprised that all 3 of my children got along the entire time. It has just been a lot of driving (just getting back from Texas, then driving almost 6 hours round trip to my son’s).
    I'll sign off now with a picture of my turkeys (already posted on my timeline, but gonna share here, too) hahahahaha
    wnik8dbfq4ku.jpg

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 the doc did suggest the Mediterranean diet. However I chose to go back to carnivore because I physically felt better while on it. I do find it to be a bit of a struggle around the church potlucks. When those come along I make a dish for the fellowship and take a small bowl or something else just for me.

I want to thank you for sharing your family pictures. Gobble Gobble!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Neon_Ninja I hope the book helps! Definitely get things under control before you reach the washed out bridge, you got this.

@megnolia82 A new start does sound good, almost there! I'm so glad your fatigue has improved so much, that's great! I hope your husband and daughter are feeling better soon.

@trooworld Thank you. Step challenge sounds great, lmk if I can help for anything. Definitely being true in your diary is more important than having people approve of it, I think that was a wise choice for now. I keep forgetting to log my steps I'll get back to it December for sure.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you. WOW I'm exhausted just reading about your trip! Being the babysitter next time sounds like a great idea. I'm so glad you had a good Thanksgiving, sounds like it was what you all needed. OMG you have the cutest turkeys ever! I hope those two become best friends, it's wonderful they get to grow up together.

@19shmoo69 If being on carnivore feels best physically it sounds like a good choice. It would be real hard with the potlucks but you're making it work.

Hi team! I just got back from going out for Chinese food with one of my neighbors, have a few new books to read that she lent me too so I'm heading to bed after this. Our neighborhood is having an issue with an owner of a German Shepard not keeping it on a leash and I've been approached 3xs in the last week while walking by a barking dog in my face and wasn't in the mood today (walking with pepper spray now but the owner is the one at fault here). I didn't trust myself to not lose my temper today so I did my old standby chair cardio and all my PT stuff. I did get most my Christmas decorations up last night, got some cleaning and work done today and repotted some plants. Have a great Tuesday!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    WI Monday

PW 199
    CW 199.6

Sorry I have been absent from the group. I was traveling and it was a busy busy trip. I am back and need to get back on track. I’m up some, I did manage to get 77+ steps in last week which helped me not gain a ton. I was so far off the wagon some days. We ate out daily while on the go. I just made sure to keep walking.
    Now to get my schedule under control. Ready for this last month and hoping to get some extra lbs off before I start my second year with the group. You all have been a blessing.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Katmary71 and @Veta2018
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Ah I'm glad you could find a solution and probably got a good deal! Daisy is having the problem. Well, we tried allergy medication and it didn't help so I'm not sure? We should find out this week. Yes, I'm excited about the food sealing system! Your trip to TX sounds exhausting. Oh my gosh, those turkeys are adorable and getting even cuter every day!

@Katmary71 Okay thanks! Yeah, me too. I will definitely get back to logging steps in December for the challenge. I kind of let it fall by the wayside. I hate when people walk with unleashed dogs: they may be friendly but what if my dog isn't? Or, what if they just decide to be a dog and take off running? Or, like in your case, they aren't friendly?

@AmbersWay I'd say with eating out every day, a 0.6 lb gain is really good!

@littlebabekitty Congrats on your success so far! And again, welcome!

@lindamtuck2018 Congrats, how awesome!

Hi all. I am pretracked and ready for the day. I like this time of year because it's kind of quiet at work and I can get a lot done. I am totally caught up which is rare for me.

GOALS FOR THE MINDFULNESS CHALLENGE:
    Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 6 (1-10, 10 is the best)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Well this week has started off great. I’m on track and I have decided on a final weight goal. Originally I had at the beginning of my journey thought just getting under 200 would be almost impossible but now 52.5 pounds later and a year in I now know with this amazing group I can and will be able to reach my goals. Maybe not tomorrow or the next but though better choices and advice and daily thoughts from you all I can do it. I want to get down to 175 and I plan to do that by beginning to do some exercises and toning muscles. And getting rid of some of the empty calories I tend to eat. I haven’t been able to eliminate my sweet tooth lol. Well hope everyone haves a great day
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 48 of 52

PW: 137.8
    CW: 137.6

My allergies are a bit better. We had a really nice Thanksgiving. I ate a really big piece of Sweet Potato pie with whipped cream. The next morning my husband gave the pie and whipped cream to the neighbor. I was okay with that. I ate less calories to make up for the pie for the next few days.
    I have noticed that as soon as I am a bit less vigilant that I start to gain weight, very slowly but it happens. But I am determined not to gain the weight back. I think I will put up some Christmas Decorations tomorrow. Friday, I get Blood for done for my 3-month follow-up visit next week. Our anniversary is Dec 10th 34 years.
    I ordered some sugar free candy for our advent calendar for me. I want to try See's Candy, Sugar Free Peanut Brittle but it's so expensive. I added it to my Christmas wish list.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @AmbersWay Welcome back my friend! I'm happy to see you, great job keeping up the exercise! I think it would've been easy to throw in the towel with all you've had going on this year so please give yourself credit for continuing and doing your best.

@micaroo4 Hope you're able to get that walk in! It's always so great to see everyone but there's comfort in keeping to routine too.

@littlebabekitty You're off to a good start this round on MFP, I'm glad you've joined us! I tried MFP ages ago and just wasn't in the right head space, I came back at the start of 2019 and joined this group shortly after, it's helped a lot for me. I hope you have a similar experience.

@trooworld Go Chris being on top of everything, woot woot! That doesn't seem to happen often for me either, bet it feels great! The owner of the dog claims not to have seen the email and said she'd do better, I walked tonight with no dog thank goodness.

@tammymccrady6278 I loved your post you're doing amazing! We're here with you but you're the one it all comes down to with what does or doesn't go in your mouth and what activity you do so please take a moment to let it sink in how strong and dedicated you've been. It DOES help to share and have each other but please don't forget how much YOU have accomplished. If you share what those empty calories are maybe we could help with swaps or lower calorie versions?

@FushiaKat You're acing maintenance, not minding no more pie is pretty awesome! Good luck with your follow-up appointment if you don't check in before then. Do you have any special anniversary plans?

Hi friends! Did a little too much working out as my physical therapist added some more challenging exercises then my neighbor texted to walk with me. I told her if she hadn't eaten to come by earlier then her boyfriend offered to get us food so I invited him over for dinner too and he came with wine. We still went walking so I ended up with almost 9000 steps, no wonder I'm pooped out! Tomorrow is the pain clinic, I want to get the patch I use for pain decreased as whenever the dose is raised I'm spacey and forgetful (and real tired). Have a great Wednesday team.
This discussion has been closed.