Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,972 Member
    Options
    My company has gone home, and I was able to get a walk in on Monday. It was raining in the early morning, but I walked on my lunch hour at work. I could have walked in the evening, but I had over 10K steps and decided it was enough. On Tuesday, I had the day off and I made my usual step goal of 14K. I've got 2000 miles for this year so far, and should easily make my goal of 2023 miles in 2023, probably next week! The weather is turning unfavorable now, so I'll shift my focus away from walking and get my workouts indoors on the stationary bike and the elliptical. I'll still walk when I can on the nice days, when there's no ice underfoot.
    -Mica
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Good morning, my dears!

Just having a little bit of solitude with my cup of tea.

We had a major snow storm yesterday afternoon so it was a harrowing and LONG drive home. I hear the plows this morning so let’s hope it’s a better day!

I’m on that little edge of being sick… waking up with a little tickle, a little stuffy… I’m trying to push through. I got a disciplinary letter from my employer regarding my absences last year. Sigh. (I contracted a C. difficile infection which knocked me down for a couple months). So I’m on “watch” this year. I’m terrified to take a sick day (even though I communicated regularly with the abilities and wellness department. I won’t even go there lol). So hot tea, hot shower and let’s do this thing!

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 Awesome progress, congratulations!

@FushiaKat I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. 34 years, wow congrats!

@Katmary71 Thank you! It does feel great...freeing. Oh that's good about the dog. I'm glad you had fun with your neighbor and her boyfriend. That was nice of him to bring wine! Good luck with the pain clinic.

@megnolia82 I remember snowstorm days from my time growing up in Ohio. It can be fun but oh so dangerous...be careful! I hope you can beat the sickness you are starting to get. That sucks about your job sending you that letter, as if you CHOSE to get C. difficile infection!

Hi all. I did pretty well yesterday until I was cooking dinner and it was taking too long so I dove into a bag of chips. :( I tracked those but not until this morning.

GOALS FOR THE MINDFULNESS CHALLENGE:
    Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 3 (1-10, 10 is the best)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    Options
    3ciprzxpx1oc.png

Here you go, the next team challenge! Lace up your sneakers and get out your tracking device! We have a step challenge starting this Friday!

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 - Congratulations! Losing over 50 lbs. is very inspiring. You have such a positive attitude too. I agree with you, the daily thoughts and advise from the people in this amazing group has been so helpful in my journey too.
    @FushiaKat - Wow! A 34 year anniversary is impressive. You're doing well with your maintenance too.

The mindfulness challenge was so helpful. It goes far beyond mindful eating. It's about being more aware of my surroundings and living in the moment. I was able to use it in many parts of my life.(eating, exercise, sleep, and stress)
    As for the step challenge, I don't know where to start. I don't even have a step tracker. I think I'll skip this challenge and cheer y'all on.
    💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • Oldmfp
    Oldmfp Posts: 28 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hi guys. I havent been doing so good with staying within calories this week. I stopped doing the keto challenge for this week. I couldnt handle it with the sickness and stress plus pms cravings. I will do what I can do this week. Not going to stress myself. Still aiming to not gain any. Will take and share progress pics every 1st of the month

Everyone feel free to add me as a pal here and messages are also open. I have open diary for complete accountability even if I dont do perfectly 😳

Wondering if you guys have a outside chat like kik app? I participate in a weightloss chat on kik app aswell as this group.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 Those are some great steps for both of the last two days, wtg! I hope you hit that goal, that's a fun one and you're almost there.

@megnolia82 I hope the roads are clear now. Oh no it's not like you could do anything about your absences last year, that's frustrating.

@trooworld Thanks! Darn chips! What have you been cooking lately? I'm excited for the challenge!

@Veta2018 I agree with you on mindful eating, I was listening to a YouTube video about not taking on other people's energy and not letting the outside effect one's mood. If you have a phone you can download a walking app to keep track, that's what I've been doing lately. It's good for walking but around the house I never think of taking my phone with me.

@littlebabekitty Good I think not stressing too much while sick is smart. I never thought of the foods we crave when sick being bad for me until I was diagnosed with diabetes but as much as I love fruit and veggies they usually AREN'T what I want when sick (Saltines please!). I just sent you a FR, love the avatar!

Hi friends! Pain clinic went well this morning, it's nice to better than my last visit for a change. I'm wiped out today from all the walking and PT yesterday so I'm taking it easy, I did get the store done and am making pumpkin puree to make banana pumpkin muffins or bread with. Have an awesome Thursday!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Veta2018 I'm so glad it was helpful for you, it was helpful for me as well. No worries about the step challenge. You could always do an exercise minutes challenge, if you would like. Just set a daily goal and report in!

@littlebabekitty It's hard this time of year and plus, you are sick and PMS'ing? That's rough. Just do the best you can. I sent you a friends request. We do not have an outside app. I wonder if that is something people would be interested in? Maybe I'll do a poll. Thanks for the idea.

@Katmary71 I shouldn't have had them in the house. :( I'm glad the pain clinic went well. Did they reduce your patch? Cooking...we got our NInja Woodfire Grill/Smoker up and running so we made ribs and Instant Pot Baked Beans on Sunday. I may make a salad for dinner tonight. Other recipes this week were:
    Tuscan Lemon Chicken with steamed green beans
    Midwestern-style beef and noodles
    Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana

Hi all. My husband is going to be away until 9 pm both tonight and tomorrow night taking care of his disabled brother. I am kind of looking forward to the time alone but at the same time, it will be hard taking care of the dogs by myself and trying to cook while making sure the dogs don't get in fights. We'll see how it goes lol. How did you do with the Mindfulness Challenge in November? I started to build a few good habits relating to mindfulness and did pretty well with those habits. I am glad we did it.

GOALS FOR THE MINDFULNESS CHALLENGE:
    Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 6 (1-10, 10 is the best)

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hey all! Please fill out this 2-question survey regarding a chatting app by Next Friday December 8th at noon PST:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfVC0rw6EnCOge1m07d_MYPJgR56_-T9wqkIrdx7TqBlPSRaQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone as we finish out November.

I'm having an excellent week so far! We had a snow delay on Tuesday, so I was able to make a dent in the post-break grading. I also finally replaced my old Charge 2 fitbit from 2018 with a new Charge 6. They certainly do not agree with each other about number of daily steps! Historically, I average about 8500 steps a day, but this week I've barely been hitting 6500. Obviously, it's just one week, and I never really ate back NEET calories anyway, but I'm curious which device was more accurate.

Over Thanksgiving, I noticed that the pantry was absolutely packed with snacks and treats that I shouldn't eat much of. So I let myself spend a little bit of money at GNC buying myself some of the expensive protein snacks that I don't ordinarily buy that are just for me. If I have something convenient, tasty, and special, it's easier to bypass the fudge-covered Oreos and peppermint bark for everybody else.

Tonight is a formal cocktail party given by our undergraduate program's professional organization, and I'm genuinely looking forward to wearing a killer-looking dress and hitting the dance floor. Last year, I was wearing the largest size cheap bridesmaid dress I could find on Amazon, getting over pneumonia, and could barely stand for 5 minutes in flats. So much change.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 – Ok, gotcha. You do what makes you feel better. Life is too short to be miserable!
    @Katmary71 – Sounds scary to have such a large dog running the neighborhood. Hope the owner straightens up their act.
    @littlebabekitty – Welcome to the team! Awesome job with the 17 pound weight loss right off the bat! PMS can really wreak havoc on us. Hang in there…you know it’ll settle down soon :) After I post this I will send you a friend request.
    @trooworld – Daisy? Oh my. Poor baby. Have you checked her food for dairy? My niece’s Frenchie couldn’t tolerate dairy, so once they switched him to different food, he did much better (not completely, but way better than before the switch). LOL on those dang chips! My daughter brought me a bag of my favorite chips yesterday – Dill Pickle. I was a good girl, tho, and only ate one serving.
    @tammymccrady6278 – Look at you go! Nice job!
    @megnolia82 – Can your job even legally put you on notice like that when it’s a confirmed medical issue? I’m thinking along the lines of FMLA. Doesn’t seem right to me.
    @badnoodle – Oh I hope you have so much fun at the party! Share a picture of you in your dress!
    Great news, everyone! My daughter Sydney got approved for an apartment that’s about 15 minutes away and she signs the lease tomorrow! Woot Woot! She’s the easiest child to live with, but the allergies I suffer with her dog in the house has been horrendous. Even my boss told me I sound sick every day. I take allergy meds, but I didn’t want to have to upgrade to allergy shots, so I’ve just been dealing with it. I’m so happy I’ll get to be an empty nester again. Plus all the stuff she got at her baby shower has been stored in my living room. Very cluttered. That increases my stress.
    On the food front, I haven’t done as well as I hoped, but it hasn’t been tragic, either. Making better food choices and actually cooking instead of reaching for a bag of chips or package of noodles for dinner. I think I’ve mentioned FlashFood on here before, but if not or you’re unfamiliar, it’s an app where grocery stores can list foods getting close to expiration at a big discount. They offer anything, but promote $5 produce boxes. I bought 3 yesterday and Hunter picked them up and we split them between us. So lots of good food to work with – eggplant, summer squash, avocados, carrots, cabbage, peppers, onions, taters, and more :) Here’s to hoping I can sustain this attitude!
    Don’t forget to drink you water!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Yep he seemed surprised I wanted to decrease it already. Oh fun a new toy! Just Googled it and it looks like it would be great for a lot of things. All the recipes sound awesome! Oh no I'm so sorry to hear the dogs are still not getting along well, good luck with them tonight and tomorrow. I put WhatsApp for the chat but am fine with whatever works for everyone. I have a few friends on MFP I communicate outside of MFP with who are out of the country who prefer WhatsApp so I chose it for that reason only.

@BadNoodle Wow it sounds like a big difference in the trackers, have you figured out which is most accurate? Have a great time in your awesome dress tonight!

@vegan4lyfe2012 It sounds like Sydney moving out is for the best with her pup, congratulations to her! I just downloaded the app and nothing in a 20 mile radius, that sounds awesome though I'm glad you're getting such an awesome selection of produce.

First I did like the Mindfulness challenge even though I wasn't very good at it. I ordered a tea sampler when looking at tea advent calendars and the first one isn't very exciting darnit. I went to the food bank farm this morning expecting to be outside, I wore long johns and leggings under my jeans to keep my leg warm and ended up in the food bank doing inventory on the seeds. I didn't get very far, I only did 2 vegetables and went through two pages of types so looks like I'll be doing this for a couple weeks. It's easier on me than the farm so I'm okay with it. Did a short walk and one round of PT, my PT had me doing things like pelvic tilts with feet on the balance ball the other day and my upper back is flared up so I've taken it easy the last two days.

Ready for December Mission Slimpossibles? Let's go! Have a great Friday!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,972 Member
    Options
    I put WhatsApp in the survey too, as I also have friends out of this country that I communicate with regularly on WhatsApp. It's the only chat app that I'm familiar with, so that's why I chose it.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I just entered my weight on MFP for today and noticed that my 11/17 weight was entered as 388. I guess I could possibly have done this without my glasses on, but then I would have had a 100 pound weight loss on my timeline last week. Very weird and glitchy.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 235.4
    CW: 235.2

-0.2 lbs
  • trooworld
    Options
    hnpdhd0njxob.png

Hi all. Today's the first day of the step challenge. Be sure to declare your goal and report your results!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @badnoodle That's interesting about the Fitbit. Great job getting snacks that work for you! Wow, sounds like a lot of NSVs. Congrats! I hope you had fun last night.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yes, poor little Daisy. That's an interesting thought, thanks for that. I'll bring it up with my vet and see what he thinks. Yes dang chips got me again! LOL It's hard when it's in a big bag, isn't it? Dill Pickle, I love those chips too. Yay for Sydney finding her own apartment! Clutter does increase stress...ask me how I know lol. I haven't heard you mention FlashFood, I just looked and no locations near me but I signed up to be notified, what a great thing!

@Katmary71 I'm glad you were able to reduce it. Yes, fun toy! The dogs are getting along much better but it can get out of hand if Violet is too rambunctious. Gotta watch them. Thankfully, it's much better though. My husband and I are able to sleep in the same bed with the dogs again as before one of us had to sleep in the living room with one of the dogs since they would fight. So far, 5 responses and there is a leader but I'll wait until next Friday to announce the winner. I liked the challenge, too. Too bad about the tea sampler, or was it the first one of the advent calendar that wasn't exciting? I'm sorry about your back. I hope it calms down quickly.

@Cornanda That is a big difference lol. I'm glad you noticed it so you could correct it.

Hi all. My goal for the step challenge is below. I will have a stressful day today: working from home all day which means keeping the dogs from fighting all day and then until 9 pm when my husband gets home, keeping them from fighting while trying to cook dinner. Thanks to those who have filled out the survey so far, it will help us decide on the chatting app.

Have you filled out the 2-question survey regarding a chatting app yet? Please fill it out by Next Friday December 8th at noon PST:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfVC0rw6EnCOge1m07d_MYPJgR56_-T9wqkIrdx7TqBlPSRaQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

GOAL FOR THE DEC STEP CHALLENGE: 7,000 steps per day

• badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    since @vegan4lyfe2012 asked, here's the Slinky dress. I got so many compliments! Probably should have asked my Gen-Z students to get some good photos, but I was so busy enjoying myself, I totally forgot. My calves are complaining a little today because I spent 4 hours in 3" heels, but I was able to dance and have fun without constantly sitting down catching my breath.

also, I never would have considered posting a full-body selfie to the internet even...three months ago?

9ax5cb6zarce.jpg

• davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 249
    CW: 249
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 561 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @badnoodle - You look Gorgeous! I love the dress. I'm glad you had a great time too. I think I'm going to look into a fitbit device as well. I don't install apps on my phone. I'd like to start tracking more than just my steps though. I'd like to find one that tracks my blood preasure, sleep and calories burned too.
    @Katmary71 - I did a workout using a stability ball. It's a lot more of a challenge than I was expecting.
    @trooworld - Your recipes this week sound delicious. I've got a White Bean and Chicken Chili, I'm going to make.
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - My husband and I are currently living in a house that is only 500 sqft., while building our new home. At first it wasn't too bad, but it's been over a year now, and it's starting to look cluttered. So I understand how you feel. Plus I miss all my stuff in storage. I'm going to checkout FlashFood. Thanks for the tip, all that food sounds great.

I had a late start today. I was in the ER with my husband for 7 hours last night. He was complaining about chest and shoulder pain. His blood pressure was high too. He's ok. He has bone on bone n his shoulder which caused inflammation and pain. They gave him steroids and muscle relaxers. He'll be getting cortisone shots and eventually need a shoulder replacement.
    November went well for me. I'm still steadily losing weight. I lost 5 lbs. in November. Now I need to make my December goals. First goal - I'd like to be 150 lbs. by New Years. That's a 6 pound loss this month.
    I have a doctor's appointment for myself today. This will be my first time seeing the doctor since I started my weight loss journey. This should be interesting.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪

This discussion has been closed.