Airport Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yes it sucks that my ex can not man up and be supportive. While I worked Monday and Tuesday he did nothing in the house. I think he doesn't believe I am leaving even though I keep saying I don't know how he will take care of the place when he won't do anything except watch tv, play on his phone and smoke weed and cigarettes. It's not like I ask a lot. Just do dishes and laundry, as well as cook dinner on days I work. With where I work most nights it's just heating up stuff that I have brought home on Mondays and Thursdays. I have started going through stuff and packing slowly. I have figured out that it will take me about 3 months to save enough to move out. Also that gives me enough time to get the ex his ID that he lost a few years ago and get him his own bank account so I can get off his disability check. I had asked the boss for extra hours on Friday and I am now also working 3 - 9 pm on Wednesdays. This starts next week and will give me the opportunity to learn the cooking aspect of everything. I am glad they believe I can manage that. I am so looking forward to the new challenge to prove myself. Today was TOPS and I lost 2 lbs. Couldn't believe it. Such a wonderful surprise!

Connie
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday and yesterday we went to the Bariatric Center. We learned a lot. Here is what we learned. We met with our doctor and she has us step on this scale thing that gave weight and a whole bunch of stats and also gave me my BMR which is 1520. She removed 250 from that to give me a deficit as I am sedentary mostly. Right now she doesn't want me to change my exercise but just focus on food. My intake is 1270 for the day. I need 30% of my intake to be protein, 40% to be carbs and 30% fat. Those our the number and as we go we can tweak them a little. She said there is a certain order you should eat your food if you can. First eat your protein and then your veggies, and then your starches. She said by the time to get through most of your veggies you should have been eating for a half hour. So you need to take a half our to eat your protein and veggies. You do that because at that point it has been enough time for your stomach to release the chemical to your brain that you are full and that will make it so you don't eat as much starch but are full. Also she said stop calling your sweets a dessert. A dessert implies it is an every night thing. It is not. You need to call them indulgences. Because those only happen once a while. She also said stop giving yourself a treat. We give treats to dogs and we are not dogs. She said a meal is over 200 calories and a snack is less than 200 calories. I hope this helps someone else.

@Kurtize - Glad the home inspection went well. That is always good. As an insurance agent I have had clients call to get a home quote for a home they are thinking of buying and then when the home inspection happens they call and say they are not taking the insurance because they pulled their bid on the home due to the home inspection not going well. So I have seen things fall through because of that inspection.
    @CSEGUIN2 - So glad you have a plan set up. Getting extra hours at work seems to be a bonus for you. I am also glad they feel you can handle something new. Way to go on losing some more weight. That is really hard to be starting a new job and not stress eating.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,203 Member
    Options
    It’s 48 feels like 43 at 5:11AM with a high of 55 today and chances of rain this afternoon. Insight Timer Quote: Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.—William S. Burroughs I AM: I love my body and all it does for me. Action for Happiness: Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times. Closed 💕 ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,647 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 275/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W4/D4: Shoulders/Chest + ROMWOD: Head to Toe in the gym this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    Good evening, everyone! It's a mild day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She worked at her part time jobs today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk after lunch and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. I won two bingo games today in the rec room in my building. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,451 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain that is so true the inspection can kill a deal.
    Happy Thursday, just making quick drop in to say hi and wish you all well.
    Hugs
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,582 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Hi all! Well it is warmer than it was Tuesday and Wednesday. I was able to walk the dog and walk with a friend. Hubby has off tomorrow. I think we are going on a longer ride tomorrow to get my daughter her Christmas gift of a bike.
    @Tabatha_Cain -i hope you get good info from the bariatric place. And yup woke up this morning as good as new!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and I am looking forward to the weekend. I want to be able to relax this weekend. My diet was a hot mess for the first day, but there is a learning curve I am sure. I will figure it out.

@cormierannie - Congrats on winning 2 bingo games.
    @bookieNJ - I hope you are able to get your daughter's bike today. I am sure she will love it.

Well I hope you all have a great Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    Rabbit, Rabbit wishing luck to all who read this for December. It’s 46 feels like 41 at 6AM with a high 50 today. Insight Timer Quote: We are born of love; Love is our mother.—Rumi I AM: I am confident in the unstoppable nature of my success. Action for Happiness: Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others. Search actionforhappiness.org/do-good-december. Happy World AIDS Day!!! Closed 💕 ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,351 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 276/305 mile a day this morning, Traditional Body Building W4/D5: Back/Arms + ROMWOD: Posterior after work and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I don't have time to stress eat LoL. I eat breakfast and dinner and a small snack for lunch as I take only a short break so I get as many hours as I can. Plus no one else really takes any breaks.

Yesterday I worked a half hour extra and wanted to stay but after giving me the choice to stay or go they sent me home. It was a little weird. I felt bad leaving when they still had so much to do. They ended up working an hour extra after I left. Also the boss gave me more compliments and said that he has heard good things from the supervisor about me. I told him I was grateful for and looking forward to the opportunity to learn the cooking side of things. He told me he wanted me to learn it before my friend goes on leave for her surgery so I can take her place while she's off. Another of my friends from the course also got hired yesterday so work is only going to become more fun. Today the ex decided to stick to his usual end of month fits. Which just made me mad. Bills need to be paid before anything else. Then we got our COVID and flu shots. After I got home I went to my friends and we went shopping at the mall. This gave the ex a few hours to get his attitude back under control before I came home for dinner. Tomorrow it's back to the mall with my ex and Son for Christmas shopping.

Connie
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 36 feels like 34 at 7AM with a high of 50 and chances of rain this afternoon. Insight Timer Quote: Real generosity towards the future lies in giving all to the present.—Albert Camus I AM: I use my skills and talents to pursue the things that matter to me. Action for Happiness: Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are. Closed 💕 ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,391 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 277/305 mile a day this morning, ROMWOD: Mjolnir + 25 day Pull Up Challenge Day 2 after breakfast and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are doing well this morning. Today is Saturday. Yes I am on later than normal but I had to fast 12 hours for some bloodwork I needed to get done so I did so overnight so that I could go first thing this morning and get my labs. I am now at home drinking my breakfast. I am going back on the meal replacement shakes because apparently that seems to be the only way I can stay in my macros. That or don't eat breakfast or lunch. Since that is definitely not good it is back to the shakes,

@CSEGUIN2 - I am glad work is going so well for you. It is nice that you have friends you can work with there. It is also nice that the boss is noticing a good job you are doing and wants you to learn new stuff to cover for someone who will be on leave. I hope you have a good day Christmas shopping today.

Well I hope you all have a great Saturday.

Tabatha
  • cmoak54
    cmoak54 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain I hope you can find a balance of your macros so you don't have to drink protein shakes all the time. My calories are set at 1200 and my macros are 35% carbs, 30% fat and 35% Protein, so not a lot different than what your dr. prescribed for you. I will sacrifice having more fats if it means I keep my carbs low to control my diabetes, but I always eat 3 meals a day and plan for a snack. I have never been satisfied when I try to drink my meals, I want to chew my food. Good Luck to you and your husband, you can do this!
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Hi all happy Saturday. We got 2 rooms packed, finished getting all stuff ready to go to donation place in Tyler, feeling good at what we got accomplished.
    Hope you all are having a great day. It's 60 outside, mostly cloudy, but all in all a nice day. Hugs and blessings.
  • sgod50
    sgod50 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain
    Thanks for posting the information they gave you at the center. It seems like a lot of good advice. I would say if you have to drink one of your meals to stay within your macros that you might look at your other meals and work on finding ways to shave off some calories. Eating whole foods will fill you up a lot more than a shake.
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 33 feels like 26 at 6:16AM with a high of 55 today. Insight Timer Quote: We think that accomplishing things will complete us, when it is experiencing life that will.—Mark Nepo I AM: I am thankful to the Universe for allowing me to live such beautiful experiences. Action for Happiness: Offer to help someone who is facing difficulties at the moment. Closed 💕 ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,181 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 278/305 mile a day this morning, ROMWOD: Upper + Spine & Day 3 of 25 Day Pull up Challenge after work and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Sunday and it is going to be a good day. I am just not sure how. We will figure something out. We have some things to do today and I am hoping I can get it all done. I also want to have time to relax. It is raining outside so not sure if I will get my walk in today or not but I am going to try if we get a break in the weather.

@cmoak54 - I think that is just what I am going to have to do. I know I need to keep my carbs low because my family has a history of diabetes and so does Joe's so we will be watching our carbs more so than our fat. It just has to be that way.
    @Kurtize - Glad you are getting everything packed up. I am sure you are excited.
    @sgod50 - I know it will be better later on as we are on budget with our food expenses and we have to eat what we have until today. Then we can go out and get better groceries. It was upsetting because I really thought I was doing well with the foods I was getting. I was getting salad mix for my husband and I was eating sandwich for lunch. My husband would take salads for lunch. He would eat an egg over hard on a piece of wheat toast, and I would have 2 slices of wheat toast with unsalted butter and peanut butter. Then for dinner we would have venison which is pretty much the only meat we eat and it is not store bought. I pay for a hunting lunch for a gentleman and then pay for the deer processing and get the whole deer minus the antlers and hooves and coat. The gentleman is an Amish man so they repurpose those. I have no need for those. When I process it I don't add anything extra at all. It is straight up deer meat so way lean. Then we will have like a potato or sweet potatoes for fries, but we don't deep fry anything we air fry things and we don't add oil or anything to it.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday

Tabatha
  • sgod50
    sgod50 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain

It sounds like you already eat mostly whole foods. Venison especially - it's super lean. Good luck figuring out the changes you need to make.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Sunday
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Sorry didn't make it yesterday as planned.

Yesterday was Christmas shopping at the mall with my Son. The ex was supposed to come but stayed home which was fine with me. We had lunch at the food court. I had a greek salad and gyro. Got home by 3. Then had to listen to the ex complain that I wouldn't show him what I got everyone. Told him if he went he would know. Then went to my friends for a couple hours. Came home and made dinner. Today was Church, grabbing a few groceries, filing some paperwork online, lunch and nap. Also did some laundry, dishes and made dinner. Hopefully will make it back in to visit on Wednesday but not sure as I am working Monday - Thursday this week. Either way will definitely be in on Friday.

Connie
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My younger daughter had a very full weekend-which made me happy-she is known for spending way too many hours just in the house doing homework and chilling. Hubby and i went to the mall today while she was at a get - together.
    @Tabatha_Cain -yup we got her bike! And bonus points she called just to chat today.