Downsizers Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hello Downsizers, my name is Jim and I live in St. Louis, Missouri with my wife Susan and our youngest son who's a high school senior (soon to be empty nesters). We have another son in college and two adult daughters. We're big travelers and have taken the kids to all 50 states to visit all the capitals and many National Parks (45+) along with a few Canadian provinces and Caribbean islands. I used to travel a lot for work (many times overseas) but changed jobs 7 years ago and now it's all pleasure trips at this point.

I've been overweight for probably 20 years but once was in great shape and so I know I have it in me to get back to that (relative to my age now). I had dropped to 205 lbs about 2 years ago but regained most of it back and am now hovering right around 240.
    Pros: I eat pretty healthy and otherwise have good medical history
    Challenges: Workaholic, insomnia, portion control

I'm glad to be a part of this team and am looking forward to sharing in our collective success (1 week at a time). We recently celebrated with some friends at a Christmas-themed pop-up restaurant. I'm the one at the end of the table on the bottom right and Susan is on the far left side on the bottom left. Everything was very festive and we had a great time and I had an arugula and beet salad and split a turkey sandwich with Susan (good choice!) ... but also a few too many drinks (oh well, no one is perfect right?).

7n5g9mxkeufn.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our amazing team @myhands4God :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    llfvszwn9qkf.png

Here is my friendly Sunday reminder of the people's step I need for November week 5 ...Please have your steps in no later than Tuesday evening 12/5/23...Thanks for your cooperation :)

@aactuallyaash 11/26 - 12/2
    @Mama530 11/ 26 - 12/2
    @laquita606 11/26-12/2
    @Learningmoments 11/26- 12/2

• rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hello Downsizers, my name is Jim and I live in St. Louis, Missouri with my wife Susan and our youngest son who's a high school senior (soon to be empty nesters). We have another son in college and two adult daughters. We're big travelers and have taken the kids to all 50 states to visit all the capitals and many National Parks (45+) along with a few Canadian provinces and Caribbean islands. I used to travel a lot for work (many times overseas) but changed jobs 7 years ago and now it's all pleasure trips at this point.

I've been overweight for probably 20 years but once was in great shape and so I know I have it in me to get back to that (relative to my age now). I had dropped to 205 lbs about 2 years ago but regained most of it back and am now hovering right around 240.
    Pros: I eat pretty healthy and otherwise have good medical history
    Challenges: Workaholic, insomnia, portion control

I'm glad to be a part of this team and am looking forward to sharing in our collective success (1 week at a time). We recently celebrated with some friends at a Christmas-themed pop-up restaurant. I'm the one at the end of the table on the bottom right and Susan is on the far left side on the bottom left. Everything was very festive and we had a great time and I had an arugula and beet salad and split a turkey sandwich with Susan (good choice!) ... but also a few too many drinks (oh well, no one is perfect right?).

Welcome aboard Jim and Susan. We take it one week at a time and try to support everyone's efforts. Things change as the nest empties out, the road trips for work end, and much of the workaholic pressure subsides. Transitions are good. No time like the present to start working on getting back down to that 205 physique. But no matter what, your friends on this team will be here to help. Nice Christmas picture, by the way.

Rick
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 206 Member
    Options

Good morning Downsizers. Here are my weigh-in numbers:

Name: rwillems
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 2788.0 lbs
    CW: 279.8 Lbs (Up 1.8 but below 280! My personal challenge)

@lindamtuck2018
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,216 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Here are my steps from last week.

Sun 17,471
    Mon 22,117
    Tue 26,039
    Wed 6,620
    Thu 20,501
    Fri 19,142
    Sat 18,988
    Tot 130,878

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,216 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Darlene and this is my second round with the Downsizers. I am retired, 63-year-old, married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty). I have been on this weight loss journey since January 2023 and have lost 63 pounds to date. My original goal was to get out of the obese category - but made that last month. My new goal is to get to "ideal" with a five pound buffer, so I have about another 30 pounds to go. I also had a goal in 2023 to walk 2,023 in 2023 and completed that in November as well. My new goal is to get to 2,400 by the end of the year, and complete a 10K on Jan 1 (walking). Walking is my main exercise, with my current goal at 17k steps a day. I try to strength train 3 days a week, and some kind of stretch exercise once a week (don't love the stretching!). I will be changing my username shortly (when one of my other groups completes the round); hoping that it won't mess things up here - I'll let you know when it completed (thinking 17KStepsADay). My goals this month:
    • 4 pounds (always my goal), although with the holidays will be happy without a gain.
    • Average 17K steps a day (I usually "rest" one day a week)
    • Strength train 3 times weekly
    • Stretch train once weekly
    • Hit 2,400 miles walked in 2023
    • Be better about checking in here!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

8vjk8eaaa5v1.png
    e6j5dvukd2bc.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    v8buqnvhcojj.png

By Pounds
    t7rfrakbmvqz.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    fmiq1n3r005l.png
    3r41gwjvxp32.png

By Pounds
    e31cz9durdpn.png

Team Winners
    ajeapug7xgon.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

89muscwf9lh5.png
    1wkfqogflthv.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    25quesw5r6gu.png

By Pounds
    fd0cx3ow3cvn.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    sy0znrgxzde9.png
    a2ie87dul260.png

By Pounds
    pfynxo4xklzp.png

Team Winners
    juataf6fxelz.png
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

89muscwf9lh5.png
    1wkfqogflthv.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    25quesw5r6gu.png

By Pounds
    fd0cx3ow3cvn.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    sy0znrgxzde9.png
    a2ie87dul260.png

By Pounds
    pfynxo4xklzp.png

Team Winners
    juataf6fxelz.png

WOOOOOO! WAY TO BRING HOME THE GOLD LAST MONTH YALL!

Let's keep the momentum going this month πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!! I live in a rural community in Ohio. I have been on this health journey for a long time. I have gone up and down with my weight. I am striving to focus on health more than the scale. I am married and have 4 adult grown sons. Three out of the four are married. One son has three children and one has a baby due in February. I have a dog, 2 cats and 4 chickens.

Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight):198
    CW (Current Weight):194.5

Step goal-9,000 steps
    Workout goal - 5 out of 7 days
  • abeks
    abeks Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Pw: 211.8
    Cw: 210

Have a great week everyone.
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Last weeks steps

Sun 26 9,305
    27 8,509
    28 10,203
    29 10,674
    30 7,400
    1 6,750
    2 8,402

Please change my stepcount to 5000 for december. Thanks lis
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    ** CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE **

To everyone who pledged themselves a weight loss gift for Christmas here are the latest results!

Congratulations @RoblinB for becoming our 3rd team member to reach their Christmas goal.

s5gj3y52ghhq.jpg
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

89muscwf9lh5.png
    1wkfqogflthv.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    25quesw5r6gu.png

By Pounds
    fd0cx3ow3cvn.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    sy0znrgxzde9.png
    a2ie87dul260.png

By Pounds
    pfynxo4xklzp.png

Team Winners
    juataf6fxelz.png

Congratulations to all the Downsizers who contributed to us being the top team again! Especially well done to our top 3 losers
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    rwillems wrote: Β»

Good morning Downsizers. Here are my weigh-in numbers:

Name: rwillems
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 2788.0 lbs
    CW: 279.8 Lbs (Up 1.8 but below 280! My personal challenge)

@lindamtuck2018

Take it one week at a time and one goal at a time.
    Hi everyone!!!! I live in a rural community in Ohio. I have been on this health journey for a long time. I have gone up and down with my weight. I am striving to focus on health more than the scale. I am married and have 4 adult grown sons. Three out of the four are married. One son has three children and one has a baby due in February. I have a dog, 2 cats and 4 chickens.

Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight):198
    CW (Current Weight):194.5

Step goal-9,000 steps
    Workout goal - 5 out of 7 days

Nice loss! The scales is only one measure of our success. I think with focusing on eating healthier and exercise a decrease scales will follow.
    Hi Downsizers sorry for accidentally posting at the start of your thread and making things confusing, one of my Mission Slimpossibles friends let me know where my post went. Time to get the cereal out of the freezer and get the milk out of the pantry! Haha have a wonderful December!

It wasn’t that long ago my intro post went on another team chat. When I can’t find my keys the freezer is the first place I look. πŸ˜‚
    abeks wrote: Β»
    Pw: 211.8
    Cw: 210

Have a great week everyone.

Great start to the December challenge.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jimboden3
    Great looking bunch!

@ddainiak
    It’s not a problem changing your name. I just have to make sure I change it on the spreadsheet. How was your weekend getaway?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    What a great November Downsizers.

Congrats to our week 4 and December top weight losers.

we3zlmy1wa2d.png

dno8x3irc6cq.png

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
This discussion has been closed.