Shape Shifters Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl -- oooh it looks magical and like the stump is home to a little gnome family or something, wow! Tinus looks quite grumpy about the state of the weather, he's so cute.

I love snow! I hope we get a little dusting this year. Currently we have an 'atmospheric river' overhead but it's a rainforest so generally most things are adapted to moisture. We have what I call, 'ditch ducks' when the ditches and backyards are so full of water that ducks come and float around in it. :D They expect us to get 6" of rain in 24 hours so we'll get a little local flooding maybe.

Have a great day everyone! Oh yeah - and can I skip in weigh in this week? I have a bad GI and I forgot to hop on the scale. With the colitis I'll be up a few pounds on the scale from inflammation anywho.

Cheers!
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Guys, I had a weird thing happen, a salesman who kept trying to get inside my home. Finally I was like - you know, you have to leave. Goodbye....GOODBYE. And I got the door shut and locked it but it was scary. The more I said no, the madder he got.

So I text my neighbor across the street and say, hey lookout for this guy he's going around and he's really creepy. She texted me back later and said, well he never came round her door at all.

Maybe nothing but it was really unpleasant. I wouldn't have opened the door but it sounded like someone was trying to open it, and I thought it was my daughter. She brought over a few things last night and I thought, oh, she's forgot something. Oi' very creepy.

You never know that'll happen any more gf. Things keep getting creepier
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 That sounds terrifying! Not okay at all. Especially since your first clue he was there was that he was trying to come in the house. If that happened here, I think I’d call the police and report it, but I don’t know your circumstances.

@Pupowl Tinus looks so mad. He’s very expressive.

Steps

12/5 10,498
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Steps
    12/5 4,995
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Wednesday steps 2808
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @Pupowl -- Oh those sheep look so noble and beautiful. What kind are they, do you know? They look very different from the little black faced white curly coated ones I've seen here.

It's raining again, but let up a bit this morning and I road my bike the usual 6.5 mile loop.
    9btqk9qoc4k9.png
    gb4s1a2msxej.png
    475boe23xu7f.png

On a clear day we can sometimes see Mt. St. Helens the famous volcano.

The weird guy didn't show back up. My husband has the day off so I feel better that he's here. He's currently covered in cats playing old 90's video games. :-P He's lost 40lbs while I've been dieting - and I'm about the same.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,153 Member
    Options
    @pupowl Please excuse me from this week's weigh in...I'm coming down with something and dealing with swelling due to the extra stress and OT I'm dealing with at work. Sorry for disappearing last night, but once I got home, I went straight to bed. Thanks for keeping up with everything...you're the bestest!
    Jessica
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 12/04
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: ✅
    under calories: ✅
    20g net carbs : ✅
    30 min exercise 🏋️: ✅
    30 min walking 🚶‍♂️:✅
    10 min Meditation 🧘✅
    Steps: 8494
    Water: 88
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 12/05
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: ✅
    under calories: ✅
    20g net carbs : ✅
    30 min exercise 🏋️: ✅
    30 min walking 🚶‍♂️:✅
    10 min Meditation 🧘✅
    Steps: 20825
    Water: 88

Today’s Goal: 🪵 🍲, 18 hr fast, Read cohort 📚 study, turn off my devices 1 hr before bed 🛌.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,672 Member
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 Yes, they are the Drents heideschaap, Drenthe Heath Sheep in English. Drenthe is the name of the province where I live. If you want to read a little more, here is an English webpage about the flock. https://www.schaapskudderuinen.nl/en/sheep-herd/
    Love the pictures from your bike rides!
    @jessicakrall8 No worries, that's what I am herefor! Hope you get to relax soon. <3
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,672 Member
    Options
    Pupowl
    Wednesday weigh in
    PW: 213.6 (excused last week)
    CW: 214.7
    I forgot to post this yesterday. I have gotten rid of almost all the weight I ate on in 8 days of overeating, so I am not unhappy with this. Back to losing next week!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters! Here’s my weekly weigh-in report:

Name — PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh in day — Thursday
    PW — 143
    CW — 142.7

SW — 168
    LtD — 25.3

My goal is to maintain my weight between 125 and 130. I’m also working to add more protein in my diet. The idea is to maintain muscle while reducing fat but I have trouble getting the right balance of macronutrients. On the days I workout harder, I’m eating a bit more, but still not getting enough lean protein. I have osteopenia so my doctor said she wants to order a bone density scan every couple of years to measure any changes. I had my first scan in 2021 and the doctor told me to add more strength training using my body weight. I’ve also been taking calcium chews. I’ll continue to seek out healthy high-protein foods and see if there’s an improvement on my next DEXA scan in terms of both body composition and bone density.

Best wishes for the coming week, team! Go get those goals!
This discussion has been closed.