Downsizers Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,528 Member
    Options
    ddainiak wrote: »
    @RoblinB Congratulations on meeting your Christmas goal!

Question

What do you think your biggest obstacle to losing weight in the next month? How about the next 6 months? What are you going to do to overcome your obstacles?

My biggest obstacle will be all the social situations that occur in December. I am not very good at resisting food temptations. The next six months - I don't have too many things planned - but I'm sure they will come up. Nutrition is always the harder of the exercise vs nutrition question. I don't know how to resist when I am offered something good, or how to make better choices when I go out - and avoiding these situations only makes me sad. So, I just usually give in, and then get right back at it the next day.

I find if I deprive myself I end up eating more in the long run. I think mindfulness plays a big part when we are at social events with food. It is funny, I am the exact opposite of you. Exercise is the harder part of the equation for me.
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw: 232
    Cw:230.4

Thanks!

Congrats! Getting close to a new decade.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Steps:5,444
    Rings:❌
    Daily walk:✔️

I didn’t close the move ring yesterday. I missed it by 24 calories. I think there has only been a handful of times I never closed that particular ring. I wonder if it had to do with I have it attached to me shirt. I am off to lay down as I have been awake since 3 am.

Have a terrific Thursday!

, Hopefully, this will put a smile on your face. 😊

jxu21xqxe6l1.jpeg

• RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I have a work holiday party this evening. As always, just putting that out there for accountability. Will post about it later. Have struggled a bunch this week too. Good thing there is a weekly weigh in - keeps me from going completely off the tracks I think.

Thank you!

• prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    Good morning! I have a work holiday party this evening. As always, just putting that out there for accountability. Will post about it later. Have struggled a bunch this week too. Good thing there is a weekly weigh in - keeps me from going completely off the tracks I think.

Thank you!

Good luck and you can do it. Resist temptation and the devil will flee. But enjoy yourself also. Strike a balance. Don’t be the weirdo that says no to everything. And don’t mention you’re on a diet. Everybody’s on a diet to some degree.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 775 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Step Goal: 6,000

Steps:
    12/3 - 11,477
    12/4 - 7,772
    12/5 - 6,272
    12/6 - 6,023
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    ddainiak wrote: »
    8id9mnnizovu.png
    To anyone celebrating - Happy First Night of Hanukkah!

to you as well my friend!! Here is an image of Ted snuggling with his mensch. 565vym0ajksm.png
  • NachDeezy
    Options

Thank you!

Be strong my friend
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    SW - 630
    PW - 450.8
    CW - 448

Snagged one more decade before the new year and I'm so hyped about it.

Much love yall!
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    What do you think your biggest obstacle to losing weight in the next month? How about the next 6 months? What are you going to do to overcome your obstacles? The goodies and special meals. Hopefully, I won gain. I have been struggling to lose weight for over a year. It just will not leave. I am going to try some experimenting in the next 6 months and see if that helps. I thought about changing my status to maintenance and see what happens. I will continue to overcome obstacles by asking is the treat/meal that special that you really want it. If the answer is yes, then I will have a small helping.

@RoblinB You can do it!
    @NachDeezy Woohoo!!! Way to go!
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 231 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @NachDeezy @learningmoments @prodigal6766 Thanks for cheering for me!

Was super careful all day and made pretty decent choices this evening, other than a small piece of cheesecake (really, it was small so that people could choose more than one dessert.) I always feel a bit conflicted when I have said "yes" to such things - was indeed an enjoyable treat but I feel somewhat compromised. Yep, still working on feelings + food. This month should give me lots of opportunities to do that anyway! :/

@NachDeezy Congrats! That is awesome!

Heading out to get the rest of my steps.
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    @NachDeezy congratulating on your new decade!!!

@RoblinB well done on your self control!

To anyone facing the challenge of Xmas parties i d say don't mention you re on diet!! I swear people then make it their mission to derail you!!! You know .... go on one won't hurt you, treat yourself it's Xmas, you don't need to lose more weight, etc etc.
    Quietly avoid the high fat snacks, sneak in a few diet drinks, pretend your on your 3rd plate of food when people ask why you don't have much, choose wisely! And most of all remember how hard you've worked to lose those extra pounds!!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in

Pw: 181.2
    Cw 179.6

Wow finally in the 170s and only 3.6lb to goal
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 314 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Dec 8, 2023)
    PW: 242
    CW: 241.2

A loss is a loss so I'll take it - I'm trying to get back under 240 again by end of year and am pretty close if I can just get off my butt and exercise!

What do you think your biggest obstacle to losing weight in the next month? How about the next 6 months? What are you going to do to overcome your obstacles?

Besides not making time to exercise (I've worked three 14+ hour days this week plus last weekend and am not sleeping well - average on Fit Bit for the week is 4 hrs 35 min) is going to be all the different holiday and other social events. We're going out tonight with the other HS varsity basketball parents tonight, party on Saturday and Happy Hour with co-workers on Monday. I enjoy to getting together with friends but I need to be more consistent about sticking to fewer appetizers and drinks. There's a great commercial (Noom maybe) that shows the overweight person struggling to not eat the 'free' food or uneaten food that otherwise will go to waste ... so it ends up going to my waist instead. That is so me and I'm glad that I recognize that weakness and just need to be more mindful in those situations.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thank you!

Sounds like you did well at the party. I would never turn down a piece of cheesecake. I always find depriving myself can lead to overeating or a full binge. The reason I post daily is it keeps me accountable. I like that you posted to give yourself accountability. Did you find that it helped you stay on track?
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 450.8
    CW - 448

Snagged one more decade before the new year and I'm so hyped about it.

Much love yall!

Amazing loss! You are moving towards that 200 pound loss. You should be very proud of yourself.
    What do you think your biggest obstacle to losing weight in the next month? How about the next 6 months? What are you going to do to overcome your obstacles? The goodies and special meals. Hopefully, I won gain. I have been struggling to lose weight for over a year. It just will not leave. I am going to try some experimenting in the next 6 months and see if that helps. I thought about changing my status to maintenance and see what happens. I will continue to overcome obstacles by asking is the treat/meal that special that you really want it. If the answer is yes, then I will have a small helping.

@RoblinB You can do it!
    @NachDeezy Woohoo!!! Way to go!

Have you tried intermittent fasting? One time when I was stuck at the same weight one of the captains(possibly Megan) suggested it to me. It got things moving.
    Friday weigh in

Pw: 181.2
    Cw 179.6

Wow finally in the 170s and only 3.6lb to goal

A new decade! Are you giving yourself a reward when you reach your goal? Mine is a pair of lululemon pants. I am going to wait until my weight settles.
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Dec 8, 2023)
    PW: 242
    CW: 241.2

A loss is a loss so I'll take it - I'm trying to get back under 240 again by end of year and am pretty close if I can just get off my butt and exercise!

Besides not making time to exercise (I've worked three 14+ hour days this week plus last weekend and am not sleeping well - average on Fit Bit for the week is 4 hrs 35 min) is going to be all the different holiday and other social events. We're going out tonight with the other HS varsity basketball parents tonight, party on Saturday and Happy Hour with co-workers on Monday. I enjoy to getting together with friends but I need to be more consistent about sticking to fewer appetizers and drinks. There's a great commercial (Noom maybe) that shows the overweight person struggling to not eat the 'free' food or uneaten food that otherwise will go to waste ... so it ends up going to my waist instead. That is so me and I'm glad that I recognize that weakness and just need to be more mindful in those situations.

Great loss! Recognizing our weaknesses is very important.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps:4,122
    Rings:✔️
    Daily walk:✔️

PW 159.6
    CW 156.8
    Slightly below maintenance range

I have had quite a bit of nausea the last few days and yesterday I was throwing up. I have not eating much the last few days so that is the reason for the loss. These medication changes along with not enough sleep are kicking my butt. I have two more increases of one drug and four more decreases on the other.

I hope to have an amazing Friday.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,209 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Day
    PW: 220.2 last known weight..Nov 20th
    CW: 217.00 A pleasant surprise... (216.4 yesterday)

Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

Not doing so well with the extra steps! I'm up early but just enjoying the quiet time ...it's kind of nice.
    I'll wrap my arms around a plan this weekend. I did get up this morning and exercised to a youtube video....there's hope :)

12/3 ~ 6,603
    12/4 ~ 5,485
    12/5 ~ 3,957
    12/6 ~ 3,812
    12/7 ~ 4,550
    12/8 ~
    12/9

• Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh-in
    Pw: 185.6
    CW: 186.4
  • FindingSamMon
    Options
    Question

My biggest obstacle is myself. I miss days and become inconsistent through a lack of planning. I joined a 30-day challenge outside of MFP to overcome inconsistency which has helped me take accountability through daily reporting and having a plan for gym and non-gym days. I plan to continue with the habits even after the 30 days.
  • FindingSamMon
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 237.6
    CW: 237.4

Step Goal: 6,000
    12/3 - 11,477
    12/4 - 7,772
    12/5 - 6,272
    12/6 - 6,023
    12/7 - 11,854