Weight No More Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Nice to see our group getting more chatty and supporting each other πŸ˜€

@Laurabb99 wow! 5 kinds between 3 and 14 and homeschooling. You’re amazing! Glad to have you with us πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ». Let us know how we can support you with your weight loss. My approach these last few weeks is to focus on 2 cups salad (easy fix by using bagged mixed greens), 1 serving of a cooked veggie, 1 apple and 1 serving of another fruit and 8 glasses of water a day. It’s amazing as to how full I can feel with those foods in me each day.

@sydditt how are the prescheduled workouts coming along for you this week? You mentioned to us β€˜to feel free to hold me accountable’ πŸ˜€

@Stimpy56 nice 1/2 pound weight loss! Cheering you on!!

@BodyTalking and @minstrelofsarcasm sorry to hear about your bumpy sleep patterns. I have a hubby that makes a lot of noises in his sleep, so some nights I’m right there with you guys.

@CassieGetsFit2013 please keep checking in with us and let us know if you need support. We’re here for you.

Amazing step counts @OllieAndEd2021 and @andja87 !!

@BodyTalking great effort with your habits! Love the colorful habit tracker! I switched to using a paper tracker to help me - easier to just check things off and write notes. It stays right on the kitchen counter where I see it whenever I head there.
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW 182.0
    Dec 8: 180.4

GW (Dec): 178
    Plan: Strength training, daily walk, Protein 100g+, Fiber 25g+

πŸŸ₯🟧🟨🟩🟦πŸŸͺ⬛️ (Mon-Sun)
    β€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šβšͺ️βšͺ️βšͺ️ (Protein/Fiber)
    β€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ˜Ÿβšͺ️βšͺ️βšͺ️ (Planned Exercise)
    β€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ˜Ÿβšͺ️βšͺ️βšͺ️ (Steps 5k+)

@daria0919 They’re going ok. I usually try for a weight workout on either Thursday or Friday, and I didn’t get to it yesterday. It’s on the docket for today now. How’s your workouts going? Still getting your steps in?

@BodyTalking How are the meditations and workouts going? Do you still like them?

• pamelacorzine9
    pamelacorzine9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    December Start Weight: 154
    December Goal Weight: 149
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145
    weigh in day: Friday

December 1: 154#
    December 8: 153#
    December 15:
    December 22:
    December 29:
    December 31:
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    You guys are are great cheerleaders! πŸ€—πŸ’• Although I've had an off week, your support is going to spur me on.

@sydditt I think the mediation routine and meditative music is helping me get to sleep easier. I've always been a terrible sceptic of such things but now recognise the benefits of a different approach to calming anxiety and relaxing my whole self. In the 30 day course, the guy says counting the breaths can help, for me, I prefer to just silently say 'in' and 'out' for each breath as counting is added concentration that gets annoying if my mind wanders. I've lapsed on the exercise app but this week has seen me be incredibly lazy.

@minstrelofsarcasm I wish I had the answers to help your sleep but I'll keep trying and hope you feel rested enough most of the time πŸ’•

@daria0919 your habit tracker is great πŸ‘ One of the reasons I got a Fitbit, 6 years ago, was to see if I really was sleeping as badly as I felt I was. Turns out, it was a huge yes. I decided that feeling anxious about not sleeping was worse than accepting the lack of sleep I got. I knew I always got through each day, even on a couple of hours sleep, and that I'd catch up that night or later in the week. It helped a lot, although it still gets me down, I absolutely love waking up from a 10+ hour sleep.

Thanks for sharing your food focus and it's great to hear it's helping.

I echo all the support given to our team πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒπŸŽ‰

My eyes are drifting off to the land of nod (yay) catch up tomorrow πŸ’€
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 237.6
    CW (Current Weight): 235
  • daria0919
    Options
    andja87 wrote: Β»
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 237.6
    CW (Current Weight): 235

Great job @andja87 !! Wooo hoooo!
  • BodyTalking
    edited December 2023
    Options
    S. M. T. W. T. F. S.
    πŸŸ₯🟧🟨🟩🟦πŸŸͺ🟫
    πŸ©·πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ€Ž Meditation
    🩷πŸ₯΄πŸ’›πŸ₯΄πŸ’™πŸ₯΄πŸ€Ž 6+ hrs Sleep
    πŸ©·πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œβšͺ 1.5 ltrs Water

I've been working from home most of this week, which is never good for my step count as I sit at the computer for long periods. I could have done exercises but I felt that my body and mind needed me to focus on de-stress, relaxation and loosening tension.

I got 10 hours of sleep last night, did a meditation before and when waking up and feel nice and relaxed now. I'm going to do this gentle yoga session, do exercises from the lose weight app and have a bath.

https://youtu.be/4tR0nVX8qEM?si=uouHxxZaVDwz95D_

I bought myself a flask last week and have been constantly filling it up with 60Β°c water throughout the day, which keeps me warmly hydrated πŸ€—
    Daily, I add an ice cube of the winter-zinger concoction I made up and froze (lemon, grapefruit, lime, and their peel, powdered mandarin peel, ginger, honey, chilli, black pepper, nigela seeds, turmeric, +other spices).

Have a nice weekend everyone.

ey118l8e1cu0.gif
  • daria0919
    Options
    Saturday weigh in day:

PW:195.3
    CW: 194.4

I’ve been sitting between 195 and 196ish for several weeks.
    Am very happy to finally get below 195
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Weigh-in-Saturday
    Starting weight: 81.7 kg/180.12 lb
    Previous weight: 78.7 kg/173.5 lb
    Current weight: 80.1 kg/176.6 lb

Whoops, up instead of down! I'm not surprised given that I've eaten some sweet treats this week and did very little activitywise. Sorry team 🍩🍫🍬
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 215
    Cw- 217.2
  • Marcy2890
    Marcy2890 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m sorry I’m a day late haven’t been feeling 100% and it slipped my mind. Not my best week, been super busy which resulted in more takeout than I’d like to admit.

Username: marcy2890
    Weigh-In Day: Friday
    PW: 132.5 lbs
    CW: 133.4 lbs
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    S. M. T. W. T. F. S.
    πŸŸ₯🟧🟨🟩🟦πŸŸͺ🟫
    πŸ©·πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ€Ž Meditation
    🩷πŸ₯΄πŸ’›πŸ₯΄πŸ’™πŸ₯΄πŸ€Ž 6+ hrs Sleep
    πŸ©·πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ€Ž 1.5 ltrs Water

Not bad πŸ€—

However...

Total Steps for the past week: 27,077
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Melaniedscott
    Sat weigh in
    PW:235
    CW:235

Sun: 1000
    Mon: 8269
    Tues 5401
    Wed: 5283
    Thur: 1000
    Fri 8047
    Sat: 7266

My steps were better mostly this week. We will see if I can keep it up.

• Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day:Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 148
    CW (Current Weight) 148.5
  • Lisa_Marie64
    Lisa_Marie64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    SW/PW: 271
    CW: 263
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,358 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Summing up last week...
    Overtime, training, holiday work party, several of husband's family fell ill with covid, lunch with a pal I have not seen in several months, shopping (not so mucgh buying) and trying to figure out what to do with all the greens from my csa. Greens! In December!! And planning a New Year (small party).

The days I stepped well, I did really well, for me. I run a state sponsored van pool and got good steps when I went in to make the payment (I walk to the bank from my office and then to the office building where payment is made), I got pretty decent steps in the day I trained, going back and forth from my office to training area--both the good and bad part of training locally is I can decide I need/want something from my desk or don't need/want it and run back and get/return it. I'm trying to remember to go get ice every morning at work, as the machine is in the basement, which is a bunch or steps. And then yesterday was cray--gym (again!), holiday farmers market, lunch in another town with a cousin I haven't seen in 20 years and driving into the city to see my sis-in-law who lives in NY and walk the lights festival at the Botanical Gardens I am a member of, and then late dinner at an Italian buffet. It was weird. I made sure to go for veggies first and don't think I went too overboard...

Friday, I went to the gym for the first time in ...2 weeks. And then yesterday. I decided a couple days ago that I needed to increase weights on the machines because I didn't feel it afterwards the last few times...well, I'm feeling it. Planning to go today and tomorrow.

Tomorrow might get derailed if sis-in-law decides she wants to come out for dinner. We'll see. I have this plan for tomorrow, which is csa, gym, cook a squash and veggies dinner, work some overtime. If she comes out, it will be csa, dinner out. Maybe I will do some work today and not tomorrow night to get some things taken care of.

Well, that was long. I'll shut up now. What is everyone else up to? Any activities going on that get you active?

• 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    Sorry I have been MIA, I have been dealing with family and a medical emergency. The last thing I was thought about was my computer.
    Can you move me to the support list please. I need to refocus and plan to rejoin in the new year. :) Possibility sooner.
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    dy59r4l4k6bs.jpeg

I have still been slacking on my added movement goal for the month of December. Most of the steps I get are because of all the walking I do at my job. So the days I have less steps during the week are days when the work is easier and I sit more lol.

I need to add in some extra movement soon, because majority of my weight loss so far has hinged on nutrition, IF and CICO and as the holiday break and desserts gets closer I’ll need all the help I can get.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,217 Member
    Options
    The December Week 2 Group Challenge is active and waiting on you! Please join us for the ACTION NOW CHALLENGE. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10904850/december-week-2-group-challenge-action-now-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread this week!
    Jessica
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,347 Member
    Options
    9Harvey wrote: Β»
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    Sorry I have been MIA, I have been dealing with family and a medical emergency. The last thing I was thought about was my computer.
    Can you move me to the support list please. I need to refocus and plan to rejoin in the new year. :) Possibility sooner.

@9Harvey - Not a problem, you have been moved. I hope everything goes more smoothly for you as we enter 2024; let us know if you need anything from us. We can be a pretty good support system if you'll let us.
This discussion has been closed.