Shape Shifters Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,672 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Just a quick check in here because I don't have much time. My mom arrived on Thursday. It was so pretty outside and I wish I could have walked in the morning. Very cold, nice sunrise and pink clouds. I had to get groceries and do some last small cleaning things though. My moms partner seemed happy with the heated blanket I got for him. I hope it will help. My mom also liked all her present. She gave me a pair of LED candles that come with a remote which is really fun. It almost makes me feel like a wizard and the candles look very real. After lunch we went for a walk. It was cold as heck and so foggy that it looked like we were walking in a black and white landscape. In the evening we went out for dinner. The place we always go to hasn't changed their menu in ages, so my mom wanted to go somewhere else. The food was a bit meh sadly, only the dessert was really nice.
    Friday morning we woke up to some snow! Some parts of the walk were a bit slippery so we had to be careful. I really enjoyed it though and we also got wet snow during the walk. I dressed a bit better this time, so I was pretty comfortable. In the afternoon I saw a new bird I had never seen before eating berries in the holly tree. It was a redwing and the first time I couldn't get good pictures because it was behind other branches. Thankfully when it came back, it sat in a really nice spot. I love seeing new birds, it doesn't happen that often, and getting a good picture of them is even more rare. I was super happy. In the afternoon we walked to the giftshop. My mom wanted to buy some Christcards here because the shop always has a huge amount. I just got 3 new postcards of our church for postcrossing. Some people like the touristy stuff, so I was almost out of those again. In the evening we played Rummikub. It is Saturday morning now and we are heading out for another long walk in 30 minutes or so! Some random pictures under the spoiler. Happy Saturday everyone <3
    The first bird is the redwing
    m9e5il1vys7b.jpg
    nwc9y2lyr2sj.jpg
    nppdtmmbkqbm.jpg
    re2cy9cddqsz.jpg
    43ej41644pr8.jpg
    ecyxetdpot43.jpg
    aqb2176aojab.jpg
    dcx8ky900sxk.jpg
    t8m31z9v3az3.jpg
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 934 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 140.4
    CW 141.5
    My steps
    12/6 14,695
    12/7 21,499
    12/8 10,354
    I had a lovely day yesterday which involved alot of sitting & eating.Not the best thing to do the day before a weigh in !

We visited a 14th Century Tudor House.It was amazing,the guide said this Yew tree had been here as long as the house.

• Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Steps
    12/7: 8,547
    12/8: 6,917

I haven't gone to the gym the last few nights. I've been tired since one of my son's has been having a hard time sleeping through the night again. On top of that, we took away their pacifiers last night, so I stayed home instead to deal with the fall out. The poor little guys cried for over an hour before going to sleep. On the upside, they were so tired, they both slept through the night after they finally cried themselves to sleep.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to the gym today either, for the same reason.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,153 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 140.4
    CW 141.5
    My steps
    12/6 14,695
    12/7 21,499
    12/8 10,354
    I had a lovely day yesterday which involved alot of sitting & eating.Not the best thing to do the day before a weigh in !

We visited a 14th Century Tudor House.It was amazing,the guide said this Yew tree had been here as long as the house.

Try inserting your tudor house picture again...nothing was there...can't wait to see it. I LOVE history and architecture!!
    Jessica
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 I second @jessicakrall8 ! I'd love to see the photos. @Pupowl once tried to explain the spoiler thing to me and I failed at my attempt so I force everyone to scroll past my photos. I love looking at everyone's pictures. It makes me feel more connected to the group. Plus, some outstanding walks and bike rides!

@Zaxa2021 Oh, those sleepless nights. Hope they settle in quickly. I remember my pediatrician insisting we get rid of the pacifier at 6 months for my son, scaring us with the prospect of expensive dental work in his future. Guess what? It took him about 15 minutes to find his thumb and he still needed braces. What are you going to do with that one ? We ended up getting a dog as a bribe when he was 10 and still sucking his thumb to go to sleep. And honestly, he was the best dog ever, so it all worked out. My son is 23 now and he still will chew on the collar of his shirts sometimes as a habit, but he's a happy, well-adjusted young man, so it all turned out all right.

Steps

12/8 12195

• Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 -- hmm, I can't open the spoiler tag to see the photo(s) :'( Is it just on my end? I'm on a Linux laptop so maybe it's me. :)
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    ate: 12/06, 07, 08
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: ✅
    under calories: ✅
    20g net carbs : ✅
    30 min exercise 🏋️: ✅
    30 min walking 🚶‍♂️:✅
    10 min Meditation 🧘✅
    Steps: 9455, 8617, 11650
    Water: 88

Today’s Goal: 🪵 🍲, 16hr fast, Read cohort 📚 study, JESUS challenge, turn off my devices 1 hr before bed 🛌. Meet sleep goals

Username: Murdog3t
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Goal weight:140
    SW: 161.8
    11/3: 159.2
    11/10 156.6
    11/17. 156.6
    11/23 156.6
    12/01 158.0
    12/08 152.6
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 215
    CW 215
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @pupowl Your beautiful photos of the birds and the snowfall you had were really pretty. I don't enjoy dealing with snow, but love the see it.

@izzyred9400 Wow, very pretty...makes me want to go back and watch episodes of the Tudors...loved that drama! Perhaps I'll find a historic fiction book in the Tudor period...any recommendations, fellow readers?!

Good morning y'all...getting ready to storm here in VA this afternoon...staying home today and doing a few things around the house...catching up on laundry...reading a really good book...enjoy your day!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The December Week 2 Group Challenge is active and waiting on you! Please join us for the ACTION NOW CHALLENGE. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10904850/december-week-2-group-challenge-action-now-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread this week!
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    This weather here lately is whacked. The meteorologist have predicted twice rain snow mixes and then it's out of the forecast. I just want some weather. Ugh.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2023
    Options
    w5u06milluq7.jpg
    NOVEMBER STEP CHALLENGE RESULTS

Wk 1 - @lianatherunner with 124,801 steps!
    Wk 2 - @Pupowl with 106,017 steps!
    Wk 3 - @jessicakrall8 with 125,189 steps!
    Wk 4 - @izzyred9400 with 113,277 steps!
    Wk 5 - @lianatherunner with 122,777 steps!

TOP 3 WALKERS

1. @pupowl with 520,030 steps!!!
    2. @izzyred9400 with 480,653 steps!!
    3. @pedal__power with 458,759 steps!

Overall as a team, we walked 4.1 million steps! That's amazing foot power there!! WTG to all who participated!

Please remember to report your steps in a timely fashion...we had several walkers who failed to report in at the end of the month or the results could have been completely different. It was a terrific month for the challenge and if you put in the work, you certainly deserve your kudos!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    yf465ulcpl1p.png
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,299 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 12/8: 10,826
    Sat 12/9: 22,922 - I ran a 10k today

Yesterday was the day the Summit Rock race happened. That's the one I really want to do, running among the redwoods in the Santa Cruz mountains. But I just didn't think I was ready, so I ran on a creekside trail at a local park (flat trail versus mountainous terrain). But I've decided to really try to prepare for next year by doing some proper training. So, I've signed up for a 10k training plan, and hopefully, after I finish that, I'll be able to do the half marathon training plan.
    On the other hand, I might be being a little too optimistic. I reviewed the results of the Summit Rock race, and there were no runners over the age of 64!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    s6qb0guaynv4.png
    @frankwbrown CONGRATS on the 10k today!! Great job, my friend!

I'm finishing up a walk challenge with the health/fitness club at work...looks like I'm gonna get 3rd place...not too shabby!
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Steps
    12/7 6,940
    12/8 5,676
    12/9 9,103
This discussion has been closed.