Replies

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Sunday steps 3554
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 Missing steps for 12-8 and 12-9.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    @angmarie28 Missing your steps from 12/4 to present. I have asked repeatedly...PLEASE report steps every 2-3 days.
    Jessica
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

j77pf402ugca.png
    mugokq2vdim3.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    q6xe9doktub8.png
    tl7d6kx62duw.png

By Pounds
    52lw8ptjw21s.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    y74u8nwk7x8x.png
    qa8bsfhd29um.png

By Pounds
    rrmgaw8nrf22.png

Team Winners
    c4xnlksalfwh.png
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    12/8 steps 4529
    12/9 steps 5022

Sorry about that yall. Things got backed up here but crossing my fingers I think I'm back on track again
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose That tree is absolutely massive! In the Netherlands, Christmas trees are probably around 2 meters max and that is considered big. I am sure you can get taller ones, but they aren't gonna fit in any normal homes. I love all the wood in your home.
    @frankwbrown Awesome job on the 10k and realizing you didn't feel ready for the harder terrain. I would call it a nice challenge! Maybe all the other oldies are underestimating themselves. It sounds like a beautiful run so I totally understand you want to go for it!
    @izzyred9400 Thanks for sharing the pictures again! Looks really cool and that fireplace is to die for.
    @Itadakimasu7 Cool that you shared the sheep with your son! He has a very interesting job. Love the pictures comparing the water levels! Even when it was a small creek you can still see by the vegetation how high the water gets. Such a big difference. My mom and I walked in weather pretty similar to that, super windy as well. I also referred to other people out as 'crazy' lol. I was like "what the hell are we doing, we could be sitting inside right now". It wasn't a very fun walk, but the important thing is we did it!
  • magnusMLQ
    magnusMLQ Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    MagnusMLQ
    Monday
    PW 234.6
    CW 235.9

12/8 12167
    12/9 10386
    12/10 5569
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @frankwbrown I’m not familiar with the race and the terrain, but don’t sell yourself short. If you’re the only person in your age group, then you’ll win even if you have to walk portions. In general, trail runs tend to be smaller anyway. Can you walk the course on your own beforehand and see what you think?

Steps

12/10 8635
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    Gm yall. Today's my normal weigh in day but I'm putting it off for a few days as my left knee is swollen and I'm having trouble straightening it and bending it.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in

PW:142
    CW:141

Steps:
    Dec 08= 9177
    Dec 09= 13,603
    Dec 10= 5264
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters. So far I am still on track for walking every day in December! I am pretty pleased with that. Saturday morning I went for a long walk with my mom. We ended up doing almost 10 kilometers. The weather wasn't really nice so I left my camera at home, but we didn't end up getting wet thankfully. I was really exhausted when we got home and a headache started. I decided to be smart and go to bed for 1,5 hours to recharge a bit. I don't like doing that when my mom is visiting, but sometimes I just don't have other options. After my nap I cooked for us (bumbu mix with green beans, cashewnuts, noodles and vegan krupuk on the side) and we had a relaxing evening.
    Sunday morning the weather was very crappy. A lot of wind, wet and just grey and depressing. We still went for a walk though! I was grumpy the whole hour we were outside, but we got it done. My mom got picked up again around midday and I did laundry after.
    Today was vet day for Tinus. He was a very good boy again for his injection. Then I wrote 3 postcards for postcrossing to Austria, Canada and Malaysia. I also sorted out 4 Christmas cards that I will be posting on Wednesday. I bought a second hand fitbit for my mom. We have talked about it several times because I think she would really enjoy having an activity tracker. It is just not something she will get for herself for some reason. I am not sure why I only thought to look for a second hand tracker today, but I got a really good deal. It also comes with extra bands. I know from experience the original rubber ones kinda suck, so having more comfortable ones is nice. I am not sure how much longer fitbit will be around, but I think this is a good and affordable way for her to test it out and see if she likes it. I have never had issues with my charge 4, so that is the one I got for her as well. In the afternoon I went into the village to mail my postcards and then I biked to the sheep barn again to go for my daily nature walk. I really love that walk because it is pretty diverse, paved and there is a free toilet at the barn. Normally I walk early in the morning, but now I started my walk around 13:00 and I already had 2 liters of water/tea in my belly, so having a toilet just in case is very nice. I enjoyed my walk a lot and when I was almost back to the barn, a roedeer crossed the road in front of me. That is the first one I have seen since I started walking again so that was really cool. I have no pictures to share this time, just my rainbow tracker. The weather should get better later in the week so I can walk with my camera again soon. Happy Monday everyone <3
    zkfmq25v24vv.png
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Good Day!
    I forgot to step on the scale again. I will post my weigh-in late. Hopefully tomorrow Tues Dec 12th.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl - I like your weekly tracker, is that an app or something? I did google it but only got recommendations for 'Rainbow 6 Raid Tracker' lol

I had a fun day out with my kids. I was able to complete my yearly pilgrimage to see the Crab Pot Christmas tree of Ilwaco Washington.
    n7g3cewv1qr3.png

I've had a strange 'non-scale-victory' or NSV, I've had an issue with my hair falling out, sometimes so bad it comes out in handfuls. My hair used to be so thick it was barely contained by a large rubber band and it was reduced to a little baby rubber band for my entire head of hair. I suppose I lost about 70% -- luckily I started with thick curly hair and it still has enough volume to hide the thinness more or less. (It looked thin and sparse on my hair part)

I noticed yesterday I haven't been cleaning the drain and endlessly sweeping up my hair anymore. For once, it's staying stuck to my head. My fingernails that would peel and break down to the quick, super weak and brittle (sad) are now growing quite nicely, not perfect but I do have nails again and I'm not putting clear polish on them to keep from cracking back into the nail bed (ouch).

I'm not sure why the changes, I've been taking a Mercola brand children's vitamin every day, D 5,000, and Magnesium. But uh' yeah, I am not sure what changed but that's probably a good sign that my health is finally improving.

My diet is where I want it, at least 80% so now I'm going to try to improve my exercise. I think walking everyday sounds like a good goal I could do like Pupowl and so many of you ( Y'all are inspiring!) so I'm going to start doing that also! :+1:
  • Pupowl
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 Thanks! I just put that together myself in google sheets. It is really simple to do, but let me know if you want an empty one to mess around with. I can just copy it to a new sheet. Cool tree! The hair and nails sounds really crappy to deal with and does sound like a vitamin deficit of some kind. I assume you got your blood checked when that was going on? Either way, I am glad it is improving. Good luck with the walking!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My steps
    Feeling a bit off the last couple of days so didn't do much apart from eating all the wrong foods !
    12/9 10,018
    12/10 5,826
    12/11 14,052
    Bit late but @frankwbrown congrats on your 10k & age is just a number so I'm sure you will be up for the more difficult trail if you keep doing what you are now.You're an inspiration to keep moving whatever age you are.After my Dance fit class I am so stiff after the class I struggle to get upstairs,yet after a good night's sleep I am absolutely fine.
    I'm off to do some Christmas shopping now,hope I can get some ideas as I don't know which gifts to buy.
    @Itadakimasu7 I'm glad you can see results in your general health congrats on the NSV 🙂
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Steps

12/11. 19,949

Had a lovely ski day yesterday and still did my afternoon run. I find it a struggle to get in a second workout, but I’m so happy my husband is able to ski this year I want to take advantage.
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Steps

12/9: 7,278
    12/10: 7,211
    12/11: 9,349

My steps are not where I want them to be. I still haven't been going to the gym, due to my boys still struggling without their binkies. I'm going to try to go today, though. My knees have started hurting since I stopped going, I'm not sure if it's a cause and effect type of thing, or unrelated. I usually feel better when running though. I'm still training for the 10k in January and really wasn't planning to take such a long break. Mentally, it's getting harder to go back the longer I stay away.

I think this post was mainly to talk myself into going...
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    12/10 4,284
    12/11 8,195

Can I just say be kind to retail ppl - work long hours for low pay + may work FT jobs - you just never know the situation - I'm always courteous to customers even though they are mean, snide 😕
This discussion has been closed.