Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @trooworld – I really enjoy bulgur, too. Glad you’re liking most of your advent stuff…it’s definitely hit-or-miss with advents! I finally got signed up on Kik and sent you a message. Glad you’re done with that year long class. Hugs. It can be so disheartening seeing photos of ourselves. Just remember that it’s not forever. And your neighbor is an absolute jerk. I had a coworker stare as he walked past me leaving work one day when I was using the knee scooter. That thing was heavy and it was obvious that I was struggling to hoist it into the back of my Escape while balancing on one foot. Some people. Glad you got your hair products!

@Katmary71 – I’m so sorry you’re in so much pain. Does the surgeon think an upper back surgery would help? LOLs on forgetting to add your food to the air fryer. I used to use a coffee pot to heat up my tea water (no one was allowed to put coffee in it). One Sunday morning, years ago when the kids were all little, I was trying to get them all ready and went to get my tea water and it wasn’t warm at all. I got so frustrated and was about to throw the coffee maker away but I realized at the last minute that I never poured the water into the top. I had filled up the pot, but then just set it in the machine. UGH! I’m right there beside you on the hamster wheel :(

Tomorrow is Christmas at Nana’s and I will get to see my little Sophie-Bear (yay). I want to spend as much time as possible holding and playing with her, so I plan on doing as much cooking as possible this evening. All presents are wrapped, so no worries there. I sent out Christmas cards 2 days ago, so that is done. Tonight I’ll be focusing on making mashed taters out of a 10# bag of Idahos and pre-cooking the ham for the non-vegans. Hunter is in charge of the green bean casserole. She is the queen…even makes her own vegan cream of mushroom soup for it! I’ll have to share a picture if I remember. Tomorrow at my mom’s, I should only have to pop the vegan roasts into the oven (they come with stuffing) and heat up the taters and gravy. Buying pre-baked pies, too. Trying to make it as stress-free as possible as cooking is NOT something I enjoy. Pretty sure my DIL is getting matchy-matchy outfits for Sophie & Byron, so y’all will be seeing a picture of those cuties, too :)

Today I had my banana for breakfast, about to have my chili for lunch, and brought a steamable bag of asparagus and an apple for my afternoon break. I have not figured out dinner yet, but I do have a block of tofu that is almost at the end of its life. I need to bake that up. We shall see. In the meantime, don’t forget to stay hydrated!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    megnolia82 wrote: »
    Hey everyone - just wondering if anyone here is avoiding bread products. Since my c diff I’ve had a suspicion that I can no longer handle it.

If you’re celiac or gluten sensitive I would be really interested to chat! Let me know and we can connect through messages if that’s ok with you.

I've been G. F for years. I can chat with you. What did you mean by c diff?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 Sounds like you had a great day wtg! You did great with portion control, I have plenty of friends on MFP who still eat like they used to just smaller quantities. Your Christmas plans sound fun, the young kids will be so excited! I miss that excitement when my nephews were younger. The only peeling gel I'd used was from a small company that had gone under, I'd been on Delphi beauty forums and got into mineral makeup and more natural skincare and one had a peeling gel which was why I was interested when Chris brought it up. It would be fun to try something again! Haha I'm picturing you and Chris sitting around with masks on right now!

@megnolia82 I'm not currently avoiding bread but did gluten-free for awhile to see if it made a difference. You may do well doing an elimination diet then slowly adding things back, it may be you're more sensitive as your gut bacteria's been through a tough time.

@trooworld Wow you're rockin that sleep! I love that Borghese mask, I was a QVC junkie for awhile and I think they started there and moved to HSN but it was one of the beauty discovery sets from the Borghese's that I'd ordered first and used for awhile. I actually bought one of their body scents in the Perlier line for my Mom for Christmas. Yay the walking pad's there, how awesome! Just saw Jennifer commented on Bulgur, it's used a lot in Armenian cooking for pilaf.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I saw you made it to Kik! The surgeon wanted to fix the worst level then see how I was doing as the upper back and neck have issues too. Hahaha that's funny about the coffee maker! I actually ran my Keurig without a cup under it and came out with coffee all over the counter, I have to do it the night before as I'm too out-of-it to be expected to think logically. Aw so happy you get to be with Sophie soon! Wow you're on it with Christmas stuff which is smart with your surgery around the corner! Have a wonderful Christmas!

HI friends! I did my PT stuff when I woke up then grocery shopped and came home and took a bath. I got some work done then went to pick my nephew up from school and we helped load the food bank trunk with toys and followed it to unload. My brother, SIL, and nephew met us there and we all put scooters together, there's a few left to do in the morning then the kids will be arriving to shop. Pretty wiped out, we went to The Spaghetti Factory after dinner and I'm ready to get in bed and finish my book. Have a great Saturday!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I like bulgur but it was actually a bag of buckwheat I got at the international store. I thought it was bulgur but no. I'm glad we got connected on Kik. That's a good point about it not being forever. I know, right? He just stood there lol. Your coworker sounds like a jerk, too! I hope you enjoy Christmas with Sophie-Bear! I Love mashed taters and ham. Wow, that green bean casserole sounds really special! Sounds like you are putting in a lot of work ahead of time but that's a good idea. Thanks for the reminder to stay hydrated, I need to GET hydrated before I stay it lol: I have been drinking about 20 oz of water a day which is ridiculous!

@Katmary71 I am! LOL I have been using that Burghese mask since the late 80s off and on. I think I got it at a department store when I first got it. You know, I got buckwheat not bulgur, but I do have bulgur, too! LOL I got confused. I had a coffee incident this morning: I poured water in the coffee maker not realizing my husband had already put water in it. Water went everywhere lol. Sounds like you had an exhausting day yesterday.

Hi all. I have a busy day today: grocery shopping, dog training, and then the best part: I am going to a friend's house to hang out. She lives about 45 mins away from me and we are going to visit her neighbor's horses and then go to a winery that is closing so maybe I'll get a good deal. ;) Have a great Saturday!

DEC STEP CHALLENGE FOR YESTERDAY: 3,186 out of 6,000 steps per day

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 - I do avoiding bread products but just as a means of reducing my carbs. I also limit my dairy because sometimes I have a lot of mucous and congestion. I've never been diagnosed with celiac or gluten sensitive. Sorry, I'm not able to help you. I hope you find someone that can provide you with the information your'e looking for.

@trooworld - Thank you! No, I don't think I've ever used Borghese Advanced Fango Active Purifying Mud Mask. I currently have Acure Brilliantly Brightening Shapeshifting Mask, Skin Food Hydro Fitting Snail Mask, and Anew Firming Sheet Mask. I've also used IT WORKS! Hydrating Facial Mask . My sister used to sell IT WORKS products. I don't notice a lot of difference after using these masks. Last night I used the Acure Brilliantly Brightening Shapeshifting Mask and painted my toe nails red.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Sounds like you have a great meal planned for Christmas at Nana's. I hope you enjoy yourself and the time with your family.

This weekend I need to do my Christmas shopping. I bought a few things online and made my list for the rest so I don't get overwhelmed. The weather is supposed to be nice in the 50's here. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day- Saturday
    PW- 240.4
    CW- 236.2
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 - I have a condition called microscopic colitis. The normal medical treatment is steroids, which I refused to take, and decided to figure out my own way through it. If it flares up, the fastest way to calm it down is with a fast. One or two days of fasting puts everything right. But fasting is hard. I also can calm things down by doing all green food, but it takes about a week. When I'm doing my green regime, I have a green juice breakfast (just greens and water in the blender). I have an all green salad at lunch, with lots of parsley, dressed with oil and apple cider vinegar. Then for dinner I make a mostly green soup, using Trader Joe's Miso Ginger Broth, with greens, zucchini, onion, green beans, diced tomatoes and more parsley. Parsley helps a lot. Once I get the inflammation under control, I can eat whatever I want. Anyway that might not help you, because your condition is different. But that's what works for me.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 178.3
    CW: 179.4

+1.1 :(
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 - My daughter has intestinal issues and recently had a blood test for celiac and was supposed to get one for gluten sensitivity also, but there was a snafu. You do have to be on a regular diet when the test is done, not gluten free. Just something to think about.

My Mom is celiac and I've cooked for her many times- so I may be able to answer a general question- feel free to message me if you like.

Wishing you all the best as you figure this out.

Lisa
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I made a Kik account. I wasn't sure how to do it. On the chat receiving what did you put? I put always but doesn't that open it up to sketchy stuff?
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Hahaha that's funny about the coffee maker! I hope you have a wonderful time with your friend, enjoy the winery and horses! Boy I want to come too!

@Veta2018 I hope you made a nice dent in your shopping today! I noticed a lot of things are already being marked down prior to Christmas, I ended up browsing Macy's makeup sets last night and am real tempted on the markdowns. The Borghese mask is on there too btw!

@19shmoo69 There ARE some sketchy people on there, I don't think you'll just randomly end up in a bad chat though. If you hit the + to add new people right now trooworld, myself, vegan4lyfe2012, and littlebabekitty are all there and our chat is called: Mission Slimpossibles group chat.

Hi friends! Let it Snow was so fun, I actually managed to stand and walk around aside of a few small breaks and made it to the end of the event which I haven't done in two years! I was an elf and took kids through and helped them pick gifts, it was a blast. Food wasn't great today but did my PT this morning and got in a lot of walking. I have a neighborhood cookie exchange tomorrow which will be fun. Have a great Sunday!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    HI TEAM!!! We have some team news, I'm going to Co-Captain with @trooworld so we'll need a new team motivator to cheer everyone on. It's not much different from commenting plus it's great to help stay on track as you check in every day and are less likely to fall off the wagon. I'm looking forward to seeing who steps forward! Chris and I have been discussing ideas for the team next year and we'd love a third person to brainstorm with so think about it and feel free to ask us any questions. I need @Jugar to accept my FR so I can send her a message then we should be good and @broncobuddee can step down though I really hope he'll hang out here as a member when that happens.
This discussion has been closed.