• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    badnoodle wrote: »
    Username: badnoodle
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 183.3
    CW: 190.2

My dad had a massive heart attack last week and has been in the ICU since Tuesday. I'm doing nothing but eating anxiety potatoes, fast food, and cookies and trying to hold my mom together. I know it's emotional eating, but at this point I really don't even care.

Sending hugs and prayers.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Hi All! Been a busy season with work, school and life. Will plan on stopping in more often. I went ahead and went premium and not one to lose money so will take full advantage of it!
    You all are very inspiring 🩷
  • Oldmfp
    Oldmfp Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Slimpossibles,hope everyone is having a good week.

Here are my updates for the week:

Sunday Weight in
    littlebabekitty
    CW: 201.4
    PW: 196
    +4.4

I was disappointed in myself for gaining after having gone down to 196 😔 having been so excited and happy to finally be out of the 200s. Its just been so stressful these weeks and I wasnt motivated to continue the keto diet like I was supposed to or had any energy to workout at all.

But im not going to let it discourage me. My goals for this week are,
    1. eat atleast 2 vegetable servings a day to replace carb cravings
    2. Drink my water for the day.
    3. Pray and journal when I feel stressed instead of going to the fridge
    4. Try my best to go to bed early to fix my sleeping routine
    5. Try to workout atleast twice this week if im not feeling sick

@megalomania89 I am semi sensitive to gluten. No official diagnosis for celiac yet but I know my body is sensitive as I have symptoms like mood swings, ibs and bloating after eating wheat based products. I am currently trying to avoid or eat as less as possible. Doing keto for a while helped me a lot but its hard to stay on it. I would love to connect.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @badnoodle Oh no I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad! I'll be praying for all of you.

@AmbersWay Glad to hear you're hanging in there! Good luck with that weigh-in!

@Cornanda Thank you! That lunch sure sounds fun. Hm start thinking of ideas or challenges that could help you, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

@trooworld You stay dry too!

@laurelfit57 I feel like I have to taste everything too, I can't give food to people without knowing it's okay first right? I'm kidding kind of! Enjoy the gym.

@Veta2018 Thank you! You've been doing amazing, congrats!

@gemwolf110 That's great I'm so glad we'll be seeing more of you.

Hi friends! I'm having a bit of a lazy day before things pick up again, I did get the store done for food I'm taking for Christmas. I'm reading the RaeAnne Thayne book @Cornanda recommended, I remember reading it from the characters but forgot enough that it's still a surprise which is perfect! The last book with the three Christmas anthologies was decent though one story wasn't the best. I didn't recall RaeAnne Thayne as being ongoing so I'll have to look into the others. Doing laundry then straightening up and finishing my book, have a great night and Tuesday everyone.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    WI Monday
    PW 199.5
    CW 208.2

😳 So I changed the batteries and this popped up. I’m not sure what is going on and I have been struggling with getting back to workouts but this is quite extreme. My meals have been decent, my steps are less than 10k but still moving.

I’m posting it and moving on. Ugh

• Katmary71
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm going to start posting weigh-in reminders, @vegan4lyfe2012 please let me know your weigh-in when you get a chance. Thanks!

@littlebabekitty Looks like we posted at the same time, I love your goals, you got this!

@AmbersWay Are you logging fairly well? Sometimes even pre-packaged stuff can't be trusted, look at how the end and middle of a piece of sourdough bread are so different. I'm one of the people who didn't realize how much I missed not weighing which is why I bring it up, it's a pain but definitely helps a lot. Aside of that anything that causes water retention like salt or that TOM or inflammation would be suspect.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @Katmary71 - I am deep into Demon Copperhead, but not deep enough as I have over 400 pages to go before 1/3. So I am not reading your anthology book right now, but saved it on Good Reads so I remember to read it later. Glad you are digging RaeAnne
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Wow, sounds like a really challenging week! Enjoy your day.

@Veta2018 I've never smelled Eternity, I will have to stop by the perfume counter next time I'm in a department store and give it a smell. My favorite is YSL's Black Opium. At least for now lol, I do love a lot of perfumes! I love Japanese cherry blossom smell. I used to get that lotion from B&BW. Nice smells. You are so close to your goal, I believe in you!

@gemwolf110 I am glad you are doing well. I have premium and like it.

@littlebabekitty Your goals this week look great. Don't worry, you'll get that off and more. HUGS.

@Katmary71 Thank you! Enjoy the book. Have a great Tuesday!

@AmbersWay Sorry about the gain. I think moving on is a great idea, don't dwell on it. Try to set a small goal to achieve and get some "wins" under your belt. It will help you feel better. HUGS.

Hi all. My husband was off work yesterday and I came home and the first thing I noticed was the wonderful smell of Christmas: he had lit some scented candles. Then I noticed all the decorations he had put up. I had some up, but he really went to town! I was so happy. I have a little more to do but it looks really nice. Today, I have a work party. We will stop working at 1 pm and go to the party at my director's house. It should be fun. Have a great day!

DEC STEP CHALLENGE FOR YESTERDAY: 5,154 out of 6,000 steps per day

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    What is the Kik app?
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Cornanda Yikes all your spare time right now must be reading right? I like when I'm doing it because I want to but dislike pressure like that. I think I'm person 300 on the waiting list for Demon Copperhead, it will probably be a distant memory to you when I read it! The anthology wasn't great but the first and third were entertaining. I placed a hold on RaeAnne's latest but it's far out.

@trooworld Thanks I did! Extra bonus points for the husband, what a great atmosphere to walk in from especially with the rain. Hope the party was fun!

@gemwolf110 It's an app where you can interact with people one-on-one or in group like texting. It's easier using an app like it for a group where members are from different countries. I'm new to it and am still learning the ropes but there's about 5 or 6 of us on it.

Hi team! Almost finished seed inventory this morning, I'll probably go tomorrow to finish it up so we're ready for 2024. I took my neighbor a bunch of cookies, worked out, went to Trader Joe's, and next is going to CVS then meeting for Valentine's for Seniors. I may run in Petco to get some presents for my kitties, can't have them thinking Santa forget them. Have a great Wednesday! I got myself an amyrillis bulb and Christmas cactus, somehow I've never had either and am excited!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 51 of 52

PW: 134.8
    CW: 135.8

Happy Holiday's ♥ I'm super excited for Christmas, there is a huge box under the tree that I'm not supposed to "touch" because it's "fragile". He said it's so fragile that I have to open it where it is. He was excited to be the first person to wrap a gift and put it under the tree. Honestly, I didn't know that was a thing to strive for. That did not matter to me. I just like to look at all the pretty wrapping paper and bows. Lol, he stuck a mini bow on that big box, he said every present needs a bow. I did finish shopping; I just got some new cat treats and toys for their stockings.

I'm doing pretty good staying on track; I would love to make a big pot of soup and eat that for 3 days. I might just try to do that.

I had a good check up at the doctor's this morning and tomorrow I go to the dentist, chat with my shrink and get our heating and cooling system tuned up.

Somebody needs to kick me in the rear and make me get that Christmas Contest room done.
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    Well, I don’t know what’s going on with my scale but an hour later it was 3 lbs less. This morning down more.

@Katmary71 thanks for the ideas. I haven’t been logging well but have been getting back to my plan meals. That was almost 9 lbs in less than a week. We’ll see how the rest of the week goes. For that much of a gain I expect to have had some great meals and I haven’t 😩😂

@trooworld how nice that your husband got the decor up. That is a nice surprise.

@FushiaKat glad your appointment went well. I think we are all going to be waiting for you to open the gift. How exciting.

@gemwolf110 thinking of you and your family.

——

Nothing too exciting to report here. Trying to get charity things out of the house. Cleaning closets. Hoping to get back on my bike today. Started back on my feroglobin supplements, I think my ferritin may be getting low again. I am so sleepy and have some other symptoms. I think I’ll be going in this week to get checked and probably get an infusion.

I hope everyone is doing well and keeping happily busy.
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @Katmary71 - I had to buy Demon Copperhead because I couldn't get it in time for book club. Usually I do exactly what you do- put a bunch of books on hold at the library and read them in the order they are available. Have you ever used Abe books? Some books are VERY reasonable there- like $3-5 shipping included for an old library book- hardcover and library wrapped in pristine condition. On to Valentines day already- so crazy. I hear they already have Valentine stuff at Target.

@trooworld - Yay for the decorations! Have fun at your party!

@AmbersWay - I think your scale is haunted. It's trying hard to freak you out. I hope it settles down. And I hope you feel better.

@FushiaKat - it's so exciting to have a mysterious present under the tree that you can joyfully wonder about for the next few days. Enjoy!

Lisa

• gemwolf110
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @Cornanda Yikes all your spare time right now must be reading right? I like when I'm doing it because I want to but dislike pressure like that. I think I'm person 300 on the waiting list for Demon Copperhead, it will probably be a distant memory to you when I read it! The anthology wasn't great but the first and third were entertaining. I placed a hold on RaeAnne's latest but it's far out.

@trooworld Thanks I did! Extra bonus points for the husband, what a great atmosphere to walk in from especially with the rain. Hope the party was fun!

@gemwolf110 It's an app where you can interact with people one-on-one or in group like texting. It's easier using an app like it for a group where members are from different countries. I'm new to it and am still learning the ropes but there's about 5 or 6 of us on it.

Hi team! Almost finished seed inventory this morning, I'll probably go tomorrow to finish it up so we're ready for 2024. I took my neighbor a bunch of cookies, worked out, went to Trader Joe's, and next is going to CVS then meeting for Valentine's for Seniors. I may run in Petco to get some presents for my kitties, can't have them thinking Santa forget them. Have a great Wednesday! I got myself an amyrillis bulb and Christmas cactus, somehow I've never had either and am excited!

Will have to check kik out
  • Katmary71
    Options
    FushiaKat Happy holidays my friend! Oh what an exciting gift to have under the tree, what is the hubby up to?!?! Definitely let us know! I love his excitement, that's so sweet of him. Great news on the check-up, you're the perfect definition of someone taking charge of their health. Petco's having markdowns on holiday stuff though there's not a lot of cat stuff. The Leaps and Bounds Safari Mice Cat Toys with catnip pack of 3 (animal print with feather tails) are Asher's favorite toy ever and the only ones he plays fetch with. Leaps and Bounds is buy 2 get 1 free right now. I looked them up on the app and saw something Jasper would love, shoot! I bet you go through a lot of toys with 7 cats!

@AmbersWay That IS a lot for a week, I'm glad it's gone down. Now if you'd been on a cruise or something maybe! Hope you show that bike who is boss. ;D

@Cornanda I actually forgot about Abe books but bought one of my college textbooks there and it was a reasonable price. Hm you have we wondering, our library lets people check out books for a book club so there would be multiple books and they can't be waiting as long for them to be ready so I wonder if they're counted differently if they're in a group? I'll definitely check out Abe books esepecially for gardening ones that I'd read more than once!

@gemworf110 If you have any issues getting to us on the app feel free to ask questions here.

Hi friends! I didn't get all the seeds inventoried but the food bank is closed until next year so the melons, pumpkins, okra, and sunflowers will have to wait. I had a blood test for my allergies, I'm finally going to see about getting allergy shots. I have class in a couple hours then planning on going straight to bed so I'm up for starting seeds tomorrow. We're on top of things right now and don't want us to fall behind. I'm taking some tea to a sick neighbor and gotta run, have a great Thursday!
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Hi All Happy Wednesday!

Can’t believe week is halfway over and it’s Christmas next week followed by New Years. Going way too fast. We had our office Christmas party today and it was fun. Boss ordered Panera Bread. We got talking about French Toast at work so naturally I had a loaf of bread and eggs that needed to be used up and made French Toast Casserole. Recipe says I can freeze it so I’ll freeze the unused portions to reheat later. Probably not the healthiest but in moderation it will be okay. Maybe I’ll bring it into work and share.

db7idp0kupd7.jpeg
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    @Cornanda I’m sure my scale was mad for being dead for days. 😩😂

@Katmary71 well the scale was shocking. Woke up today and it’s looking so much better. So who knows what was going on.

What a year on the farm for you. You did so much and it was nice that you took us all with you.

——

Well I made an appt to get my ferritin checked. It seems it’s low again and I’ll be due for infusions. I hope to get it done fast. Im so tired and each day it feels worse. I wasn’t able to ride my bike due to my sleepiness but am ready to roll as soon as I get my energy level up.

Goals for this week. Continue to clean out cabinets/closets. Prep for New Years. It’s our 30th anniversary and it will be super chill. We had planned to travel but with hubby’s accident, we’ve postponed. So it will be an evening of snacks and family time. ❤️ 30 years is crazy!!! It feels like yesterday.

Have a great day all!

• gemwolf110
    Options
    AmbersWay wrote: »
    Well, I don’t know what’s going on with my scale but an hour later it was 3 lbs less. This morning down more.

@Katmary71 thanks for the ideas. I haven’t been logging well but have been getting back to my plan meals. That was almost 9 lbs in less than a week. We’ll see how the rest of the week goes. For that much of a gain I expect to have had some great meals and I haven’t 😩😂

@trooworld how nice that your husband got the decor up. That is a nice surprise.

@FushiaKat glad your appointment went well. I think we are all going to be waiting for you to open the gift. How exciting.

@gemwolf110 thinking of you and your family.

——

Nothing too exciting to report here. Trying to get charity things out of the house. Cleaning closets. Hoping to get back on my bike today. Started back on my feroglobin supplements, I think my ferritin may be getting low again. I am so sleepy and have some other symptoms. I think I’ll be going in this week to get checked and probably get an infusion.

I hope everyone is doing well and keeping happily busy.

Thank you 🥰
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @ambersway- yes that scale said "I'll show her"!

@gemwolf110 - that looks super yummy!

@Katmary71 - Are you saying book clubs get to jump ahead of you on the hold list?!

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas- hope you find some moments of joy and peace whatever you may be doing this year.

Lisa
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat- How exciting to have a big box waiting for you to hope. Looking forward to seeing your Christmas room when your done.
    @trooworld- I love me some Christmas candles. It's so nice to walk into the house that smells amazing and someone already has candles going. It makes me feel warm and cozy.

My boys are on winter break now and we are taking a small family trip up to Pigeon Forge for a night. I have to admit I'm very excited. I love looking at Christmas lights and everyone out and about.
This discussion has been closed.