Downsizers Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,422 Member
    Options
    I am not sure where my post went last night ...I stepped on the scale last night with my crutches on both sides of the scale...I am ashamed that I went from 100 lb loss to losing 12 lbs... I now weigh 257 ughhh..I am motivated to use my home gym and a chair routine on youtube... I wanted to know the damage I have done since getting hurt but damn that was a slap in my face for sure...I have my work cut out for me ...I seem to have a pattern ..I do real well then I lose motivation and bam I am starting over for the 1 million times..sorry to be a downer ..I have no one to blame but myself .. I am looking forward to see what I can do in 2024 ... I still will not be weighing in with the team
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,254 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Danninicole5682!

@Rainyrae ~ Hang in there. You need to get well first or you could either get worse or risk injury. You have the entire year ahead of you. Get well and then hit the ground running.

@Lindamtuck2018 ~ Thank you. I am so ready for a new start!! Regarding the Coke, you recognized it and immediately took action. That's half the battle. Holidays introduce all kinds of temptations. You made it through!

@megan_smartiepants1970 ~ Don't be ashamed. You didn't just throw in the towel, you had many challenges and still are in the midst of some. Take it one day at a time and you will get there. I know it's not fun to think of doing it again...but we can never stop, regardless of the obstacles. You got this!!

r1tynu7qrx1a.png

• rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    rwillems wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Sorry about being so late Linda. Here are my Sunday Weigh-in Numbers:

User: rwillems
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 279.8 lbs
    CW: 282.2 lbs (Up 4.4 -- alright party is over - back to work now!)

I hear you on getting back at it. While I am maintaining, I feel gross from the terrible food I have been eating.
    rwillems wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Sorry about being so late Linda. Here are my Sunday Weigh-in Numbers:

User: rwillems
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 279.8 lbs
    CW: 282.2 lbs (Up 4.4 -- alright party is over - back to work now!)

I hear you on getting back at it. While I am maintaining, I feel gross from the terrible food I have been eating.

OMG I know what you mean. I can’t believe all the “junk” I have been eating! We had it around the house for guests but that was an excuse, as I think I ate most of it. Well it’s going into the garbage today!

I also read your story about Coke. My wife was a Coke (The drink not the drug, that is) addict for many years. She went “cold turkey” a few years ago and has never looked back although, she says, at times she sees somebody drink a nice big glass full and begins thinking about it. But like many addictive “habits” once you quit, you can never go back!

Anyway, Happy New Year and thanks for being there when I needed you.

Rick
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @danninicole5682
    Welcome!
    @adianeschu
    I hear you. Time to get back at it for me too. So far so good and halfay through the day! Eating food instead of nibbling all day is ay better.

Thanks to everyone for keeping me accountable and motivated. No off to fix the Ww connection on my keyboard. :D
  • laquita606
    laquita606 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    pw: 236.4
    cw: 236.8

steps:

12/24- 3,008
    12/30- 1,165
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 814 Member
    edited January 2
    Options
    3el9um5mbzju.png

Here is my Sunday reminder of the people's steps I need for December week 4 ..Please have them in no later than Tuesday evening of January 2nd ..Thank you for your cooperation :)

@Mama530 12/24 - 12/30
    @FindingSamMon 12/29 & 12/30
    @Myhand4God 12/27 -12/30

26th 8,093
    27th 5,343
    28th 1,454
    29th 9,258
    30th 12,927
    31st 7,161
    Thanks
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 814 Member
    Options

I have been so strict for 3 months and finally managed to reach my 100lb loss goal...BUT as they say pride comes before a fall!

I knew i could nt maintain at 176lb and I'd starved myself for 3 days to hit that goal.
    I wanted to give my body a break from ultra low carb and knew i would gain 7lb from added water.
    My logic was 176lb plus 7lb carb weight plus 2lb from having food in my digestive system = 185lb maintenance weight.

Well it was all going to plan, but then i found my false friend "alcohol" again, and he was accompanied by his other friends "uncontrolled eating" along with "i deserve it" and "just one won't hurt"

And here i am back at 195lb. How is it even possible to gain 19lb in 10 days ?? Ok 9lb i can explain but the other 10!

I'm back in my motorhome where i can control my eating better!
    Mr alcohol and all his friends are banished! Lots of walking planned.
    Let's see where i am by Friday!

On a positive note I've had a mega gain and I'm still under 200lb a number I've promised myself I'll never see again!

I'm proud of being able to stop the gain now and get back to losing again! Something really has shifted in my brain and despite this minor setback (not my first!) I am actually looking forward to getting back to my healthy diet and losing weight again !

• aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 300 Member
    edited January 2
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

24-4760
    25-1678
    26-1832
    27-1488
    28-1477
    29-3657
    30-3501
    31-5180

Thanks!
  • ChickieBoom22
    ChickieBoom22 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR Team!!!

2023 started off a bit tough. I was dealing with depression but I found a therapist I really like, started taking medication and have adopted a kinder approach to how I deal with myself.

I’m excited to see what the new year will bring.

Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 231.8
    CW: 229.5
  • prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

24-4760
    25-1678
    26-1832
    27-1488
    28-1477
    29-3657
    30-3501
    31-5180

Thanks!

Looks like you’ve been coupled up all week. What is your daily goal? It’s a new year, so get crackin’.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 37,073 Member
    8:46PM
    We have another new member joining our amazing team ..Please welcome @danninicole5682 :)

Welcome to the team @dannicole5682!

adianeschu wrote: »
    PW-214.2
    CW-214
    My goal for the month of Dec. was not to gain much weight. I did iI! I stayed at 214. Now time to get busy on the weight loss!

Well done! Getting through the holidays is definitely a tough one.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    Not off to a very good start here but not because I am not motivated. I have been down with an upper respiratory illness for two weeks now. I really thought it would be gone by the 31st and I’d hit the ground running. Instead I’m walking slowly from the bed to the couch, turning on the tv and staring at the Christmas decorations that usually come down the day after Christmas for me. I’m so bummed but I love reading about what everyone else is doing!

@lindamtuck2018

I hear you on the soda issue. I kicked my habit in March and it still sounds so good to me tha I don’t dare have even one.

@danninicole5682 welcome!

@Slimmersixties 👏👏👏

@itladyee I like the thought process of but trying to lose weight but rather trying to increase habits that weight loss will be the end result!

Congratulations also to all the December weight losses

Hang in there. We can’t do anything about getting sick. Get lots of rest and when you recover you will take weight loss by the horns. Try to watch what you’re eating and log it. We are here to cheer you on once you are on your feet. Feel better soon! ❤️‍🩹

I was actually very surprised I got into the coke. Since I weaned myself off it at the beginning of my journey I have had a few with no issues. I think part of the problem with eating and drinking coke this holiday season, is just before Christmas I was nauseous for about 10 days give or take a day. I didn’t eat a whole lot. So when I could eat, I was with food and coke, like Oscar the grouch is with his cookies.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I am not sure where my post went last night ...I stepped on the scale last night with my crutches on both sides of the scale...I am ashamed that I went from 100 lb loss to losing 12 lbs... I now weigh 257 ughhh..I am motivated to use my home gym and a chair routine on youtube... I wanted to know the damage I have done since getting hurt but damn that was a slap in my face for sure...I have my work cut out for me ...I seem to have a pattern ..I do real well then I lose motivation and bam I am starting over for the 1 million times..sorry to be a downer ..I have no one to blame but myself .. I am looking forward to see what I can do in 2024 ... I still will not be weighing in with the team

Put the weight gain behind you. You had lots of outside factors that you had to deal with. You have a clean slate right now. A new beginning as what happened yesterday we can not change.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I have been so strict for 3 months and finally managed to reach my 100lb loss goal...BUT as they say pride comes before a fall!

I knew i could nt maintain at 176lb and I'd starved myself for 3 days to hit that goal.
    I wanted to give my body a break from ultra low carb and knew i would gain 7lb from added water.
    My logic was 176lb plus 7lb carb weight plus 2lb from having food in my digestive system = 185lb maintenance weight.

Well it was all going to plan, but then i found my false friend "alcohol" again, and he was accompanied by his other friends "uncontrolled eating" along with "i deserve it" and "just one won't hurt"

And here i am back at 195lb. How is it even possible to gain 19lb in 10 days ?? Ok 9lb i can explain but the other 10!

I'm back in my motorhome where i can control my eating better!
    Mr alcohol and all his friends are banished! Lots of walking planned.
    Let's see where i am by Friday!

On a positive note I've had a mega gain and I'm still under 200lb a number I've promised myself I'll never see again!

I'm proud of being able to stop the gain now and get back to losing again! Something really has shifted in my brain and despite this minor setback (not my first!) I am actually looking forward to getting back to my healthy diet and losing weight again !

I am glad you looked at the positives. We have to learn from our setbacks while forgiving ourselves. Are you going to anywhere special this time?
    HAPPY NEW YEAR Team!!!

2023 started off a bit tough. I was dealing with depression but I found a therapist I really like, started taking medication and have adopted a kinder approach to how I deal with myself.

I’m excited to see what the new year will bring.

Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 231.8
    CW: 229.5

I am glad you took the steps for help with depression. It’s funny how easy it is to be kind to others but not ourselves.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4,988
    Rings: ✔️
    Walk:❌
    Swim: 0/2

My husband went back to work today so we are back to a normal eating schedule. I am going to the pool as soon as it opens. Hopefully, it will not be busy. If it is I will go back to going around 9:30 or 10.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,422 Member
    Options
    I seem to have a road block about working out ... I am terrified to get more injured ...I hate to admit that I did not workout yesterday...I had a migraine yesterday and my foot said nope not today...
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Goal: 6,000
    12/24 - 11,988
    12/25 - 3,588
    12/26 - 1,458
    12/27 - 7,111
    12/28 - 7,657
    12/29 - 1,547
    12/30 - 7,640
  • FindingSamMon
    Options
    Steps
    Goal: 6,000
    12/31 - 2,277
    1/1 - 2,256

Not the best first days in terms of steps, but I've been clearing clutter out of my house so that's a win in my book lol. I'll definitely get my steps done today. The gym is open and I'll be getting my workout in.
  • FindingSamMon
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 with all you've been through, the fear is understandable. Take your time and give yourself some grace. We're all rooting for your healing!

This discussion has been closed.