What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• FitMary202
    FitMary202 Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Just <3<3<3 this discussion! And thanks for opening my eyes to more SF!
  • Catfish_Fan
    Catfish_Fan Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I am finishing Anne of the Island (book #3) by L.M. Montgomery tonight. I really like this series, glad I have it on my kindle and finally discovered it.
  • Btrflydog
    Btrflydog Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    FitMary202 wrote: »
    Just <3<3<3 this discussion! And thanks for opening my eyes to more SF!

I second that! I find so much here to add to my TBR list.
  • Btrflydog
    Options
    Finished The Confession by Jessie Burton - 3.5 stars.

Next up is Dandelion Wine - Ray Bradbury
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Onward and upward! Finished Anne of Windy Poplars (book 4) and now starting Anne's House of Dreams (book 5).
  • mikedee_nyc
    mikedee_nyc Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just started the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Ashamed to admit I’ve never read it 😬
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    I just wrapped up Anne of Ingleside (book 6) and I'm going to start Rainbow Valley (book 7) later tonight. The end of the series is in sight, I am 75% complete with my anthology on the kindle, page 1,808 of 2,408!
  • Catfish_Fan
    edited January 13
    Options
    Rilla of Ingleside (book 8, the last book). And my library hold on Starter Villain by John Scalzi came in at the library tonight, so that one is next!
    051vx5vjf9mz.jpg
  • Btrflydog
    Options
    Ok - I want to read that book based on it's cover alone. LOL
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    My review of the Anne of Green Gables series: I read this series from book 1 - 8 straight through by "immersion read" using the audiobook accompanied by the e-book companion. I really loved it, book 8 was as good as book 1 and overall it was worth the 75 hours I put into reading this magnificent series.

Starting Starter Villain later tonight!
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    @Btrflydog same 😂
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    I have two going at the moment, A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (fantasy) and The Hooligans (WWII historical fiction) by P.T. Deutermann. I am about halfway through each.
  • Btrflydog
    Options
    Finished Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury - just loved it. Can't believe I never read it before.

Next up - A Storm of Swords - George R.R. Martin.
  • FitMary202
    FitMary202 Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Salt Houses by Hala Alyan
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    The Heart of What Was Lost (The Last King of Osten Ard #0.5) by Tad Williams. This is a prequel to the next book which starts an epic series, it is shorter and ties together the Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn books with the next ones.

I hit part 4 and realized that I don't really have much idea what is going on, I will have to jump back to the beginning of part 3. I was listening on Audiobook and was quite distracted by other things going on at the same time. (I live in Michigan and yes, Detroit going to the Championship game for the second time ever is a big deal. The first time, I know I am dating myself, I was in high school, '91.):
    h9p2wiji138x.jpg
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Ready Player Two (Ready Player One, #2) by Ernest Cline
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Wanderers (Wanderers, #1)
    by Chuck Wendig
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    I finished Wanderers, it was 32 1/2 hours long on audio. I was able to listen while walking so it was a win-win there, but I read a lot every day by immersion reading too and I have to take a break tonight for my book hangover, also to get rid of this eye strain headache.

Next up is book 2 in the series, Wayward, at 34 1/2 hours. I hope it is as good as book 1 which I rated 4 stars.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Um, yeah, that book series was really really long, but I loved it, it was great! It was a rough subject, he started writing about a pandemic before a real pandemic started, and then was writing book two in the midst of a real life pandemic, which wasn't really prophetic (the pandemic had been predicted) but creepy nonetheless. I didn't think I could handle a dystopian pandemic book set just yet but Chuck Wendig did a great job and is now on my authors to be read list! He nailed so many topics right on the head, as a reader and an author we see eye-to-eye.

I'm now reading one of Chuck Wendig's YA novels, Under the Empyrean Sky (The Heartland Trilogy book 1) and it doesn't even clock in at 8 hours long. I'm interested in this author's other works.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Blightborn (Book 2 of the Heartland Trilogy) was weaker than book 1, but book three, The Harvest, is starting out well. The good things about these YA fantasy books are that they are in Kindle Unlimited (with audiobook) and they aren't too long.

I'm also reading The Last Ranger by Peter Heller.