Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    edited January 21
    Options
    @micaroo4 - love your hat! How was your adventure? Oops! I just read about it and it sounds awesome. We took a walk in our Florida cold weather today. It was about 34 when we went out. It turned out much more pleasant than yesterday- less wind.

@TeresaW2024 - Yuck! I'm glad they aren't trying to invade your home though.

@Katmary71 - Thank you for the tea info!

@19shmoo69 - just wanted you to know that I'm still on Team Coffee!

@morenin- oh no! Hope you are feeling OK!

@trooworld- wow! That is so cool about the dogs and cheetahs. I forgot that I have a seminar on M-T from 10-6 instead of my usual work hours. Did not plan dinners for that, but I'm figuring out a work around. Prepping some cooked chicken to speed up dinner is a great idea!

@txcritter69 - I really hope the skunk smell goes away soon. Congrats on first place for the Slims!

Lisa

• 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day- Saturday
    PW-243.6
    CW- 242.6

Sorry for the late check in. Yesterday got busy and I forgot to check in.
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I should have already known you would be a wealth of information on the uses of castor oil! And that tip for a wart is awesome! I have the start of one on the top of one of my fingers and will start using that treatment ASAP! I’ll let you know how it goes. :D

@trooworld Yeah, that is what I had heard about Castor oil, but supposedly you can put some in your belly button and run it on your abdomen. Who thinks of this stuff!! :D I love zoos! What a treat to see a baby cheetah and its dog. I’ve seen that on zoo TV shows that we have watched. Did you go to the San Diego Zoo? Because that is one of the zoo shows on Animal Planet. Yum! That Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup looks incredible! <3

@morenin I know you are bummed about the gain, but you know some of the causes, and losing inches is awesome! B)

Txcritter69 I’m glad you finally got most of the skunk smell out. Stressors are a real downfall for me too and something I’m constantly fighting now that I am the caregiver to my husband who has dementia. It’s a daily struggle! Yes, dig deep!! That is the name of my workout program. :D

Hi everyone! It’s been a good day. We had a guest speaker at church today and he naturally spoke very loud and for some reason, the sound people turned up his mic even louder. He was good but I was annoyed that my ears were being so insulted. :s Today, was a rest day from working out and next week will be my last for this portion of Dig Deeper. I’m planning to give it my all and really push to see what I can do. OK, the dog is barking for her dinner because she can tell time and I’m late! Ugh!! :|
    Word for 2024 - Strive
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 The voting week closes on Saturday so if you were able to weigh by then we could count it for this week but of course you'd be weighing in Sunday and back on schedule and that's only a day in between. Let me know if you'd rather skip it or weigh Saturday and I'll pass it on. Thanks! You COULD weigh high Saturday from the flight and be down Sunday so it may be worth it.

@morenin Oh no I hope you feel better, take it easy. I love chair yoga I'm less likely to get hurt doing it! That's great news about the inches lost, once you clean up your diet with less sodium I'd think the number would go down.

@trooworld I love the zoo pictures thanks for sharing! That cheetah cub is so gorgeous. I think I saw on Instagram the cheetahs tend to be shy and the dogs bring them out of their shell, is that what they said? I have the weirdest tidbits of info that stay in my head. The monkeys are so cute too. Fun running into an old neighbor too, the zoo sounds like an awesome time. Thank you for donating, have fun with the crafts! Yummy soup!

@txcritter69 If I remember correctly the nurse and PT that came to the house were saying if you drink cold water your body focuses on warming up versus digestion and it can make constipation worse. It took almost two weeks after surgery to get things moving again so I was doing everything recommended. Ice is awful with sensitive teeth. Poor Diesel. Funny Dawn soap is good for so many things!

@micaroo4 That DOES sound like an awesome hiking adventure, how fun! The buck must've been amazing to see.

GO Mission Slimpossibles on 2nd place by percentage and pounds! @txcritter69 @JadeGypsyxo @askewcr Way to go on leading the pack my friends!

@Cornanda Great job on the walk even in the cold, wtg!

@TeresaW2024 Oh definitely let me know if the wart tip works! OK I saw this video on how we should oil our belly buttons and screenshot a list of things it improves but I can't find it now, shoot! Something like increases circulation and healing. Thank goodness your pup helps you stay on track! I took the cat's fountain apart to wash it and have it in the drying rack and Jasper stood in the corner where I keep and squealing because it was gone. Not fans of change are they?!

Hi friends! Last night was fun for my brother's birthday, we had BBQ then went back to my parent's house for cake and ice cream. Kinda feels like his birthday erases the first three weeks of healthier January but I know that's not true. Today I worked out then got in a bunch of cleaning, my washer is on the fritz and I'll need to get it fixed but luckily I'd finished all my clothes and was on towels. I have a weird situation with the charity, four members (3 on the board) were nominated as “volunteer of the year” with one being new and only two of us aren't up for a town “best of” award. That's not really my thing and I hate being the center of attention but when you think everyone elected each other but me and the treasurer that kind of sucks (can you guess who I'm going to elect next year?). I don't feel unappreciated with the president and think all but one (the one who joined the board 4 months ago though she's doing an awesome job) deserves it and I do like the new member I honestly wish we didn't have these awards. None of the farm gang is into that stuff thank goodness just the overhead charity gets nominated and wins every year. Have a great Monday everyone!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH IN REMINDERS

For Sunday: @badnoodle @DebJB30 @laurelfit57 @megnolia82 @littlebabekitty @JadeGypsyxo @vegan4lyfe2012

Tomorrow weigh-ins needed for the following: @AmbersWay @Jactop @tyla2015
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in January 21 megnolia82

SW: 228
    PW: 207.4
    CW: 208
  • Oldmfp
    Oldmfp Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    littlebabekitty
    Sunday Weigh In:
    PW: 196
    CW: 196
    GW: 135

Didn't gain or lose any same 196 lbs I aint complaining 😕 Doing better this week 💪

My Goals for the week:
    1. Workout atleast 3x this week now that I'm feeling better 🙌
    2. Drink my 2 bottles of water daily
    3. Min of 3 servings a veggies/fruits a day
    4. Keep up with selfcare/mental health app and daily habits 💕
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the whole team for achieving 2nd place by both percentage and pounds! A special shout-out goes to @txcritter69 @JadeGypsyxo and @askewcr for leading the way! Way to go, team!

@morenin Congrats on the loss of inches. Hang in there.

@txcritter69 Oh man, hopefully it goes away soon. The dryer sheets were a good idea. Thank you! I know, I thought that was so interesting.

@sleepygirl79 @865jessica Congrats on the losses!

@micaroo4 What a great adventure!

@Cornanda Yeah I thought it was interesting. Did you get the seminar snafu figured out? The cooked chicken is really going to help me: I planned 4 meals featuring the shredded chicken so dinner won't take nearly as long.

@TeresaW2024 Interesting! I hope it helps Joe. Yes, it was the San Diego Zoo, which is one of the best in the world! The soup was sooo good and hit the spot on the cold rainy day. :D How weird about the guest speaker, my ears would have been insulted too lol. I hope you enjoy your rest day. Maggie Moo, be a good girl lol.

@Katmary71 Thanks! Yes, he was gorgeous. So elegant. You know, I caught the explanation part the way through so that may be why but I missed it. It was a great time. Thanks! I'm glad you had fun at your brother's birthday. BBQ sounds good. I haven't had good BBQ in a while. Good luck with that contest situation. That is odd.

@micaroo4 How's Rich feeling? Oh that's a good idea to try to save the mall by opening it up to dogs but that's too bad about the peeing and about Rich being allergic.

Hi all. I didn't feel well after donating blood yesterday. I think it was because I didn't drink enough water before or after the donation. I mostly lay on the couch afterward. I did make dinner but then just relaxed.

No Zero Days: Donated blood, no unplanned snacking.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    badnoodle
    weigh in day: Sunday
    pw: 186.4
    cw 195.8

Not a good week, and also I forgot to check in last night.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - Rich is feeling much better, but still congested like he's got a bad cold. It's worse in the mornings, then gets better after he's been up for a couple of hours, then repeats next day. This infection was much different than what happened in March; almost like a totally different disease.

-Mica
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    edited January 22
    Options
    Good Morning Slims,

"Wow" I was not expecting to make the leaderboard. Thanks for your cheers!

@micaroo4 your hike sounds so refreshing. The cold crisps air, the sighting of a deer and deer tracks in the snow. I am glad you and Rich made it out for 2 walks yesterday. Getting out here is not in the cards today or the rest of the week. We are getting rain all week. The temp is back up in the 40's so no snow just rain and maybe some icing on bridges overnight with the temp dropping a bit. Sorry about your walk at the mall. It would be very unpleasant to walk with a bunch of dogs barking and echoing throughout the building. I don't understand how people can take the dogs to a place and just let them pee on things. If your dogs does not know how to behave then leave them at home. Our mall has a lot of empty stores too.

@Cornanda Thanks about the skunk smell it gets better every day.

@TeresaW2024 Thanks, I am back on track today. Hunting season is over, John had no luck this yr. We will have to rely on a friend for deer meat. He works for someone that has special permission to shoot out of season for deer control. Good luck on this week's workout. I am starting back up today with Leslie Sansone walking videos.

@Katmary71 So glad you had a wonderful time at your brother's birthday. Sorry about the situation with the "best of" award. I hope it all works out.

@littlebabekitty I was to same this week too with gain/loss. I like you goals for the week. My goals are similar.

@trooworld sometimes we just need a lazy day. I can't give blood, not enough iron in my blood. So, thank you for doing so and I even though you were not feel too well that you enjoyed doing nothing for the day.

@badnoodle Hang in there. we have bad weeks. This week will be better, watch your sodium intake and drink a lot of water. That should help with the water weight you gained.

Yesterday was supposed to be my chill day but my daughter came over to visit and while she was here I managed to get my closet decluttered of makeup and clothes that I no longer have a use for.
    Today I am back on track with eating dinner at an earlier time. Eating so late messes with my sleeping pill and I have to stay up later to take it. I have a good plan worked out for the week so we will see how it goes. 🙂

"Today I Choose To Be HAPPY"😃
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 208.0
    CW: 206.2
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I will let you know how the DIY wart treatment works. Yeah, animals are not creatures of change. :D Glad you had a nice time celebrating your brother’s birthday. Yeah, that is weird that only two of you weren’t nominated and the newbie was. I agree that maybe a charity shouldn’t have awards signaling out people who are all doing good work.

@micarroo4 Your mall sounds just like ours, which is right behind my subdivision. They are supposed to be starting a multi-million dollar renovation that will include apartments, restaurants, shops, and who knows what else. I would like it if I could bring my dog to the mall for a walk! :)

@txcritter Congrats on making the leaderboard!! :) My bestie is a dear hunter. She likes to send me pics of her in her deer stand with her big rifle. She is the sweetest thing in the world and it cracks me up that she hunts. She also raises chickens and I get eggs for free! :D I used to do Leslie Sansone. Her videos are tough! Ugh I so need to declutter my closet but now I will probably wait until after winter now so I can pack up the warm clothes.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Wow great loss this week!! You are doing so great staying on track and off the soda. Keep it up!! I can’t wait to see pics of baby Oliver and I hope the roads do clear up for you all. :)

Hello! Not too much going on today. I did my workout and then went to Walmart for the weekly groceries. I spent most of the day at the computer getting ready for work tomorrow. I have to do all the end of the year stuff, which is never fun. I’m making roast beef and cheddar sandwiches for dinner with a horseradish mayo. Yum!!
    Word for 2024 - Strive
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @micaroo4 Nice walks I'm glad you got Rich with you! The malls are pretty depressing these days even the large ones that still have stores. The one near me most of the stores are closed. How do you feel the merge is with stores and businesses? They've been talking of putting apartments in with the stores in ours which sounds weird to me. Allowing dogs is interesting, it sounds good as long as people clean up after them but there's always a few stooges who won't. The allergy issue is another problem. Oh those would be fun adventures! I have a friend on my feed who just tried the aerial silk exercise classes, pretty awesome though I'm too much of a klutz to do that.

@littlebabekitty Great goals for the week, you got this!

@trooworld Thanks! Oh no take it easy today, I hope you feel better.

@badnoodle Great to see you!

@txcirrter69 Thank you. That's wonderful on the closet, you got a lot done going through all the clothes and makeup and I'm sure you enjoyed your daughter's company.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yogi has an Egyptian Licorice tea that's good, their detox tea has fennel and is also good. Woohoo on 31 days no soda! The meals you've posted on your feed look delicious, you're doing great! Scary I hope the roads are clear for Sydney as well.

@TeresaW2024 The “Best of” is the town's doing not the charity, if it was a charity thing I'd have left. That sounds like a delicious dinner for tonight, enjoy!

Hi friends! I haven't been good about the relaxing evenings though I did take time to read last night and will tonight. Just need the baths or calm music to be added. I went to a card party earlier and got my workout in then PT was a couple hours ago. Did good at the card party with all the sweets around, I just had a scone. Have a great Tuesday team!
  • Katmary71
    Options
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I made this great Word Document with a photo and question for today's question and have spent an hour trying to get it to attach, sorry for the boring type with no photo here!

TODAY'S QUESTION:

What have you done well recently that you're proud of?
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH-IN

The following people need to report weigh-ins: @DebJB30 @laurelfit57 @JadeGypsyxo @AmbersWay @Jactop

Tomorrow Reminder for: @FushiaKat
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :)

I don’t know how to put on the brakes. The past few months have sped by faster than I can believe. And suddenly weeks pass when I haven’t checked in or paid attention to my habits.

How do you slow down?
This discussion has been closed.