WaistAways Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    @strong_fit_ells that is fantastic! Finding an alcohol-free drink that you can enjoy while waiting for the craving to pass, and to give yourself a moment of relaxation is great. You'll be able to get through those tough moments when you know you don't want to drink, but that the habit is strong - good for you!

@maddawgmadsen - beautiful green one there! You'll be into that new decade very soon - just keep that sourdough under control! Good work :smiley:

We had a tough day today - things were not so great with my father, and we find out tomorrow if he is staying on in hospital or going to a rehab centre. I hope he gets a good sleep tonight and is in better shape tomorrow either way. It was exhausting today.

I also hope to be able to take a nice long walk tomorrow, and do some Pilates or something! It will help me feel better after a day like this one. I was at the hospital for the whole day, and am looking forward to the head hitting the pillow tonight. I am pleased that I have not had any alcohol to "deal" with the stress or anything. I figure if I can keep this even keel through a rough time, I can keep it up through anything! Hanging on to this decision feels great right now. I am able to sleep well, and the anxiety is much less.

OK! Thursday folks get ready!
    @ashleycarole86
    @bowens1973
    @lindamartin27
    @eggfreak

Thanks!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    StayFITTer wrote: »
    Random Non Scale Victory—a co-worker just offered me truffle fries and I said no…#weeklyweighingoals

I love non weight victories. Great job.

@jugar hoping he does have a restful evening.

@strong_fit_ells that is a great fine. You were lucky to stumble upon it. Enjoy

Lot's of downtime this morning at work. Worked on my Spanish. No exercise tonight. Dinner at a friends. They have a huge dog. Her head dwarfs mine. She thinks she is a lap dog.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 231.4
    CW 232.8
  • lindamartin27
    lindamartin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    lindamartin27
    Weigh in

Pw 220.3
    Cw 220.7
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Wednesday, January 24th - 7,455 steps, 40 minutes of spin, two hours of league bowling, three games
  • jugar
    Options
    adrimango wrote: »
    It's been gray and rainy here and I am getting the blahs. I have a "happy light" that I've been trying. I may need to up the time or intensity or something. There was a water leak in the road outside my house and I got to listen to jackhammering and other heavy equipment sounds all day. Now on day 2 of a righteous headache. Still walking during meetings, logging, and eating pretty well. I have a lunch event tomorrow then meeting someone for a beer. I'll need to be careful for both.
    Wow! You should commiserate with my sister @EvMakesChanges - she has used one of those wonderful lights for years, and lived through what seemed like a full year of road construction right outside her house. I think they were rebuilding the entire water system or something. It was awful. Hang in there, and don't let the beer make your headache worse!
  • jugar
    Options
    Does anyone have a cool idea for next week's full-week challenge? It could be about logging, hitting numbers of any kind, working on consistency - anything goes. What would be useful to you?

All suggestions welcome :smiley:
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 231.4
    Ugh! Bad week for sure.
  • jugar
    Options
    Fabulous Friday Four! Your turn :smiley:

@EvMakesChanges
    @wishfuljune
    @Kali225
    @micki48

Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    The scale is so bad. I may wait until Saturday. We’ll see.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options

The city is tearing up our streets next summer. Putting in new sewer lines, sidewalks and water. We will have to pay for the sidewalks. And our streets will be narrow. I might need that beer. I might take a day off to sit outside and watch them.

Water consumption would be a good challenge. As would doing something good for oneself. Or a random act of kindness.

The city tore up our streets this past summer... and fall. The project started on time in the spring, but then weather and other issues kept delaying the finish of the project. When we left for Thanksgiving break, our road was still half dirt. When we came home, it was all nicely paved. It took them forever. And, it seemed every time they shut off our water happened on days where I had migraines, was sick, or only worked a partial day. It was loud and miserable without running water. All of this to say, I support you getting a beer and watching the work happen. Bring ear plugs.

Also, I love your suggestions for the challenge. Those are all great ones!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Thursday, January 25th - 3,231 steps ... in my defense, it was snowing, then raining, then snowing, and windy all day. I was not able to get out for my daily walk for fear of getting stuck in the mud and the boys I play basketball with were all sick. And, we had a school board meeting last night, so I wasn't able to make CrossFit after work. Those steps were all from walking around our tiny office, walking around our house helping with dinner, and a short grocery store trip.

Also, you mentioned that you and @bowens1973 gain and lose together. I'm sorry you're in a gaining pattern. I know you'll both kick it soon.
  • jugar
    Options
    How did it get to be Friday night already (aka Saturday morning for our UK people)??? It has been a tough and kind of crazy week, but here we are. Dad was moved to a rehab place late this afternoon, so hopefully he will be able to regain a bit of muscle and be able to go back to his regular care home where he knows all the things and people. He was pretty good today, and we hope the next few days will get him standing and walking a bit better.

Food has been kind of all over the place, and exercise hardly anywhere near what I usually do, so I'm feeling stodgy and looking forward to getting home soon. We'll see how things go for the weekend and I hope to be able to head north Monday or Tuesday. It will feel good to get back to my routines!

You are all superstars - and here come the Saturday people (and anyone left from today!):

@EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.