• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Friday Jan 27- 4078
    Sat Jan 28 - 1973
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 I am glad you are feeling good enough to come back. We have another week of January, so your first weigh in will be on Tuesday the 6th. If you could give us a new start weight before then, that would be great!
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85
    Sunday Jan 28 Weigh-in

PW=205
    CW=203.4
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited January 29
    Options
    Thank you … for stating your word for 2024 … how will you keep it at the forefront- a sticky note? On a vision board? By your computer/workspace?
    Today my meditation was I am Vibrant and I feel that goes with Light🥰

@LaurieWrobo - I hadn’t given much thought to a visual reminder for my ‘word of the year’ —flourish. I’ll select a computer screensaver picture that shows a flower, with vibrant blooming pedals. I’m also including pictures from nature that convey messages of connectedness on my website. I’m hoping the images inspire many people to collaborate across roles and settings - within the ‘landscape’ of health and education systems - so that children and communities thrive.

Systems are made up of people taking collective action. So, I think the complexity of nature can both inspire - and reassure us - that our individual actions can contribute (in big and small ways) to positive change. I’m hoping I can get the images and text right on the website so that the health and education leaders I work with understand our approach to cultivating collaboration with multiple stakeholders for positive results!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/24 5,868
    1/25 4,605
    1/26 3,663

Please change my steps on 1/25 on spreadsheet - they are listed 460 and I posted 4,605
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Steps
    1/27 6,391
    1/28 5,896
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    Hi SS ... You have a new member joining your wonderful team ...Please welcome @juliestokes4772 :)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Hi SS ... You have a new member joining your wonderful team ...Please welcome @juliestokes4772 :)

f2zzs0jp0g81.jpg

WELCOME @juliestokes4772 to our team!! Glad you found us! Take a few minutes and post an intro of yourself so we can learn a little about ya and tell us what a few of your goals are for February and beyond! I'm Jessica, one of your Captains...the other is @Pupowl who is our resident beautiful picture taker and all around go-getter! On behalf of us and our lovely Motivators, @Cyncia85 and @LaurieWrobo we welcome you and wish you luck during the coming month!

If there's anything we can do to better motivate you, or nudge you in the right direction, please do not hesitate to ask! Looking forward to celebrating milestones with you soon!!

Jessica :blush:
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited January 30
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo

This is the first year in as long as I can remember that I didn’t have losing weight as my NY resolution. What a relief. I just want to keep it off, which is easier said than done. My new goal this year is to finish my book. I started writing a mystery book about 10 years ago just for fun and I’d really like to finish it, even if it never gets published. I signed up for two writing courses to get myself back into writing. I finished part 1 of the first one. Another one starts February 1st….

… Hope everyone has a great day today! My son is coming home to visit tomorrow with 3 friends. I’m excited to see him! He and his girlfriend are planning to get engaged after they graduate in May and they told us yesterday that they’ve already booked the venue for July 2025 because things are filling up. They are getting married at a historic mansion in Newport Rhode Island. I’ve never been but it looks beautiful. Another motivation to keep the weight off. Hopefully I’ll have reset my body in another 18 months!

Last week was busy because I had a shorter work week than usual. I was in Florida for a rowing camp, Thursday afternoon through Sunday night. So, I’m still catching up on some of the messages posted last week and see that you have a lot of fun and interesting activities planned for 2024 @SavageMrsMoose!

I loved the photo of you and your husband on the slopes, and it was exciting to hear about your book. The writing classes are a fantastic idea for motivation, accountability, and a great way to find a supportive community of other writers you can connect with after the classes finish — if the interest and right ‘chemistry’ develops.

Congratulations to your son and his fiancé. Newport, RI is a popular spot for weddings so they are smart to plan early. It’s gorgeous there, especially during the vibrant summer season. I’m sure it will be wonderful and, as you noted, there’s nothing like a big public/family gathering to create some extra momentum for sustaining your impressive loss. Good work maintaining your amazing fitness progress!

• PatriceFitnessPal
    edited January 30
    Options

How exciting!! My youngest son is getting married on a mountain in CO in late September so it could either be snowing or sunny - who knows and of course wants the reception in our home so we have lots to prepare including our first grandchild coming in early August from my older son and wife who just bought a home 4 houses down from us in our neighborhood!

Congratulations @LaurieWrobo! 🎉🎉🎉 Thanks for sharing pictures of the wedding location. It’s beautiful 🤩and will be such a picturesque back drop for the event. Those sound like fun preparations — Enjoy!
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Heading to Houston today and planned on getting up early to sneak in a run before we left for the airport. Somehow I slept until 7 am! Maybe I need it. Travel days are hard on me.

Steps

1/29. 13554

Your rowing camp sounds like fun @PatriceFitnessPal ! And I love your word, flourish. It’s very descriptive.
  • LaurieWrobo
    edited January 30
    Options
    Happy Tuesday 💕💕💕 some suggestions to beat the winter blues
    b3nrltiyqduw.jpg
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,200 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 1/28: 12,518
    Mon 1/29: 12,274