Shape Shifters Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    edited January 30
    Options
    Hey yall. Just a little update on my progress. First follow-up visit with the surgeon. I'm 18 days post surgery. Everything is looking good and is pleased with my progress so far.

That's good news ❤️ @Armygirlarmyof1
    I've had a couple of meals out this week,my sister's birthday & I met up with a friend for lunch today.Both involved wine & a pudding & I have another meal out tomorrow evening HELP !! Hope I can include the extra calories within my daily goal.🤞
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My steps
    1/27 11,725
    1/28 17,188
    1/29 8,230
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Steps

1/30 2693.
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday
    PW: 133.5
    CW: 133.3

I'm happy to be losing but this is sloooow.

I went to the gym last night but the parking lot was so full. It was hard to find parking, so I just went home. All of the treadmills probably would have been in use anyway when the gym is that busy. It was frustrating to have things like that get in the way of my goals. Oh well, will try again tonight.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In
    PW: 166
    CW: 164.7
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Steps
    1/29 11,801
    1/30 4,184
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    4ld9ri3djee6.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    @pupowl Rant away, my friend...that's why we're here!! We've all been there...sick of tracking things, answering to a scale that, let's face it, virtually hates us as much as we hate it most days, tired of thinking of every single bite we take, glass of water we drink, step we take, blah...blah...blah. It DOES get old. Luckily thought, it's second hat to us now...and we know the journey is for life, so we've already become used to the patterns, we know what works for us and what doesn't...we know how to pack our plans with treats on occasion so we don't feel too badly deprived AND we rant when we need to do so, then the next day, we dust off and start again. Sounds like you're doing all the right things, but I feel for every word you said...it DOES GET FREAKIN OLD...I agree! I doubt anyone on this team would disagree with you...thankfully, you have a lot of friends here who will listen to your rant, agree with you, offer suggestions or cheer you on (as the case may be)...you got this!

I would recommend when you feel this way, take one day...log a random 1800 points and let yourself feel normal for that day...be wise but not too restrictive and then go back to your usual pattern of tracking...it's always good to take a short break.

My latest kick...tangerines...the little seedless ones that are oh so sweet, easy to peel and a great, quick snack that's only 40 calories and full of vitamin C...something we all need during chilly weather when everyone around is sneezing or hacking up something! Someone at work last week brought in some of these and some bananas when they brought in a breakfast spread, with muffins and pastries...I grabbed a tangerine and rediscovered how delicious they are...just bought a 5-lb bag of them today...will be quite citrus-y for a while I think!

Hope you have a wonderful day, gal! :smiley:
    Jessica
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sunday Jan 28- 5017
    Monday Jan 29 - 2152
    Tuesday Jan 30 - 10142
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Angmarie28
    Fridays
    Previous weight-182.6
    Current weight-185

Ugh. I didn't work out, we had a cold snap and it was -40 out, so I hibernate, lol

I would hibernate too and did the same a few weeks ago when we had our frigid days.
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Happy February 💕💕💕
    p8lkfeogoyia.jpg
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Steps

1/31. 15,593

@Pupowl We all feel your pain.

I’ve been struggling with my weight my entire life. I can remember dieting in 5th grade, when I was 10. I’ve always been active, but it wasn’t enough. I just struggled, losing 5,10, 20 pounds, then putting it back on. Last year I was given a prescription for semiglutide and for the first time I was able to lose weight consistently. It might not be for everyone, but it was a miracle for me. I finally realized that my problem wasn’t that I had a weak character, I was just hungry and that’s an incredibly hard biological drive to overcome. I hope that these medications become widely accessible and the stigma associated with using them becomes less. You still have to try- watch what you eat, exercise, etc, no one gives this to you,, I know some people that have lost little weight, but for me I was able to do what I’d been trying to do for 40 years. I hadn’t shared this previously because I was afraid of judgement from others, but I’m so happy with my decision that it really is inconsequential at this point. Weight loss is f&$#ing HARD. But I am happier and healthier having gone this route and have zero regrets.
This discussion has been closed.