Shape Shifters Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• juliestokes4772
    juliestokes4772 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm new to the team and so excited to join you! I lost over 13lbs in Jan. and I'm ready to continue rocking it in Feb!

Thursdays
    PW: 243.8
    CW: 230.1

*Does anyone know how to edit your username? I found it in settings, but it says I don't have permission to edit it. I think it autogenerated a username for me when I signed up, but I'd rather not have my entire name in it ;)
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited February 1
    Options
    @Pupowl - I appreciate your rant because you expressed the frustration we feel when we work so hard to make positive changes, without getting the results we seek — at least not as quickly or fully as we’d like. The struggle is real!

Tracking food, and planning meals, takes more time than I want to spend. I’m hoping I can get more proficient at gauging portion sizes and estimating how many calories are in the foods I eat most frequently, so I don’t have to spend as much time tracking in the future. I’m getting better at calculating it in my head, and I’m more intentional about eating - so I don’t consume calories while ‘grazing’ as much as I used to - BUT I’m not knowledgeable enough … yet!

After meeting my goal, I tried to focus on other aspects of my life that I wanted to improve— like decluttering my house and growing my business. However, my weight crept up again when I wasn’t putting as much thought, time, and effort into my nutrition and exercise! I’m trying to build more movement into my day so I don’t have to rely so much on formal workouts. I also know that I can eat a lot more if my choices are mainly vegetables and fruit. As you said, knowing and doing are two different things!!

I hope it felt satisfying to release your frustration, pause, and regroup. It’s not always easy to restart, but every decision is a chance to begin again. Take the time and grace you need. Four days of your life do not define you. We’re here for you and I appreciate how often you are present to all of us in the Shape Shifter group. You described your life as boring but I appreciate that you see the wonder in the world. Your stories of daily life are calming to me and I like the pace. You often post your reflections while I’m still sleeping and I look forward to waking up to hear about an observation in nature or simply share the rhythm of your day. A friend of mine says, “If you’re bored, you’re not paying enough attention!”— You pay attention!! It’s an undervalued, yet extraordinary, gift to live in the moment, in my opinion.

Thanks again for igniting a healthy conversation and initiating some deep reflection from others in the group! I appreciate you all for the empathy, compassion, and wisdom you bring to our group! 🙏🏼
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited February 1
    Options
    Welcome @juliestokes4772! I’m sorry I don’t know the answer to your question but I can certainly understand your reason for changing it.

There is a ‘help’ option if I scroll to the bottom of the page, under the ‘Quick Links’ section, which might be useful if nobody else from our team knows the answer.

Congratulations on your fantastic start! 🎉🙌
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    edited February 2
    Options
    @looneycatblue @JenHul Please report your steps...thanks!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Good morning y'all:
    My birthday yesterday was a lovely day...spent it quietly with Betty, playing with her, walking, relaxing, reading and just enjoying the quiet time. I received wonderful birthday greetings on Facebook, from a few neighbors, got a few cards and texts/calls from family and friends. Thanks to those who sent me notes...it truly made my day. My 58th year is starting off well.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
    Jessica
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @jessicakrall8 !!!!
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose

Friday Weigh Ins

PW: 130.2

CW: 133.0

I revised my goal weight from 135 to 130, but I'm really struggling to get there. However, I do think the scale here is pretty inaccurate, so I'm taking this weight with a grain of salt. Hoping that too much salt is actually the issue.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @jessicakrall8 🎉🎉🎉💥💥💥🥰
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    TGIF🎉🎉🎉🎉
    ymvotgfzd0b9.jpg
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Steps
    1/31 3,236
    2/1 6,941
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,200 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    January week 5
    Weigh in day: Friday, February 2
    PW: 243.8
    CW: 242.2 ( lost 1.6 lbs; 0.66%)
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,200 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 1/30: 10,491
    Wed 1/31: 10,923
    Thu 2/1: 10,128
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @juliestokes4772 Welcome to our group! I am not sure if you tried to change it on the community page or not, but you may have better luck trying it on the 'regular' MFP site: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change-username
    @PatriceFitnessPal Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment and kind words. I am very happy I eat a lot of the same things so tracking doesn't take too much time. Some people do well estimating portion sizes, but I am not one of them, lol. I just weigh everything on my kitchen scale. It is really annoying that losing weight takes so much of our focus. Moving more is great of course. I am stepping all the time while waiting for things. But I am also very aware that your passive calorie burn is so much bigger than any intentional workout. I have started to look at my walks as a health thing instead of a weight loss thing, strangely that made a difference mentally.
    Maybe boring isn't the right word, but my life is very simple and yes, pretty slow paced as well. I don't think it is a bad thing and my fatigue probably plays a huge part in why I appreciate the little things in life. :smile:
    I took this picture this morning because I thought it was funny, and I also can't imagine someone not missing their glasses. I am nearly blind without mine! Happy Friday everyone <3
    fs79t07jdog7.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 Happy belated birthday! I planned to remember and still totally forgot about it, sorry!
    jvkj6wtewk4a.png
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    nancyinmo
    Friday weigh-in
    PW: 124.6
    CW: 126.6
    Geez, I keep yo-yoing between these two numbers. So frustrating!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    Hi again SS ..You have another new member joining your marvelous team ...Please welcome @FWSWCindy :)
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    PW: 209
    CW: 207 (Feb 1st weight)

It is interesting to look back at my paper calendar tracker for January. I finished with exactly the same weight as I started from 207.6 on Jan 1st to 207.6 on Jan 31st, with some ups and downs in between (min: 205.2, max 210).

Some non-scale stats for my January include:
    - I tracked my nutrition on 22 out of 31 days (71%) and 15 of the 22 days were calorie deficits. I was most certainly way over on calories on the days that I didn't track. I can definitely improve on this.
    - Hockey was my most frequent and usually longest workout, with 9 games or practices!
    - I lifted weights 7x, ran 7x and rowed or biked 9x!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    PW: 209
    CW: 207 (Feb 1st weight)

It is interesting to look back at my paper calendar tracker for January. I finished with exactly the same weight as I started from 207.6 on Jan 1st to 207.6 on Jan 31st, with some ups and downs in between (min: 205.2, max 210).

Some non-scale stats for my January include:
    - I tracked my nutrition on 22 out of 31 days (71%) and 15 of the 22 days were calorie deficits. I was most certainly way over on calories on the days that I didn't track. I can definitely improve on this.
    - Hockey was my most frequent and usually longest workout, with 9 games or practices!
    - I lifted weights 7x, ran 7x and rowed or biked 9x!
This discussion has been closed.