Replies

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    WI Monday

PW 206.4
    CW 206.4

Ugh

Up and down and these weeks it’s up on WI day.
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Wow! I haven’t been on since Saturday night when I woke up and weighed in. Great job everyone! And I can’t believe I was green all month lol. I actually had to look for myself haha. And I hit another milestone. When I started this journey my Dr called me stage 2 morbidly obese. Then it was just obese and now I’m plain ole overweight lol. Sometimes I think Drs don’t see the person and that that is actually a massive accomplishment but rather hey you are just fat and need to buck up. She can be really depressing at times. I choose to see it as a dream come true. That I’m getting there and it’s one day at a time. A slow and steady journey not a marathon. I’ve been on the marathon track and did every fad diet out there and yes I lost weight but always gained it back plus more. I think I should change drs. Find one who will inspire rather than look down on me.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi 👋🏻

Congratulations to those who made the board and those still hanging in here 🎉

@Katmary71 7000 cards! That’s amazing. Glad the storm wasn’t hard on your home.

Today’s question?

I’ve been meal prepping family meals the day ahead. It’s helping me not be rushed about making my own meals.

@morenin glad you’re feeling better. That must be hard to keep up with the house work. I am always fighting dust bunnies. I can only imagine the dust mites. I’m constantly vacuuming my mattress and tossing pillows in the dryer to freshen them up.

@txcritter69 glad the food journal is helping. I like touching some paper over electronics.

—-

I’ll be back for more catching up
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,003 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's another cold start to the day, with temperatures in the 20s. But we are expecting sunshine and it will warm up into the 30s. The roads are dry, no ice, so it's a great day for an outdoor adventure. My plan is to walk in the cemetery near where I grew up. I used to go there almost daily as a child. I walked to school, and if I walked the back way, it was through the cemetery. I know that a lot has changed. More stones now, of course. There used to be 3 gazebos, but they've all been torn down. It's still a beautiful place. I plan to take some pictures, but it's difficult to see my phone in the bright sunshine. And if it's too cold, I won't want to take my gloves off. So there might not be any photos .

I plan to start my day by getting Rich to take a walk with me this morning before he goes to work. He hasn't been getting any exercise. I can't get him to walk in the evening after work; he's tired and his hip is aching. So I'm going to try dragging him out early.

Today's question: taxes. If I do the taxes today, it will be a big task done and over with for another year. But it's probably not going to happen today. Today's priorities are groceries, laundry, exercise, adventure, and maybe organize the paperwork.

-Mica
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 - I think it's great that you found a method to track your food and its working for you. Small step create remarkable results. Keep up the great effort!
    Welcome @AustinRuadhain !
    @morenin - I'm glad your feeling better. For years I struggled with my breathing. It wasn't till my iguana past, that I found out I was allergic to him. I think you'll like doing some chair yoga.
    @AmbersWay - Hang in there. My weight has been fluctuating lately too. We will get through this.
    @tammymccrady6278 - A good doctor is hard to find. I've been to 3 different doctors since mine retired. I'm still looking for one. I hope you find one that meets your needs.
    @micaroo4 - I hope you enjoy your adventure walk. I'm always fascinated how things have changed since I was a child.

Today's Question:What is something you can do today to make your life easier tomorrow?
    I am all about procrastinating. Why do today, what I can put off til tomorrow...hehehe.
    However, I bought some meats that I have in the fridge. I need to repackage them in portion sizes and put in the freezer for later use.
    I also need to finish preparing our taxes. I completed our Federal but still have to do our State.
    It's going to be a busy day. I have my workout, laundry, and my bible study today too.

💪 Mission Slimpossible Strong! 💪
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 I got an email from a gallery that had a golden dung beetle statue that I really liked (lol I know), and I looked one up and I saw the incredible colors in it...blues, purples...almost a peacock sheen to it. So I decided to paint it! :D They are a bit ugly overall lol. Thank you, I love these glasses! I am growing out my gray. I was tired of dyeing my hair and the grays didn't really get covered anyway so I may as well let them shine! LOL I think you did great at the potluck, only having a small piece of pecan pie. I am sure that was a minefield of good food there! I hope you don't have to change banks, it IS a hassle. I just changed banks!

@Veta2018 Yeah I'm a foodie so I get that. I want what I want lol. Thank you, I really like these too! Ooh I love the pic of Benny! It's very good. I love drawing/painting, it's such a stress-reliever, isn't it?

@txcritter69 Thank you. Yes! That's exactly what I needed to do. I'm glad the food journal is working out.

@AustinRuadhain WELCOME BACK!!! I'm so glad you are back! I've missed you!

@morenin Ugh, the scale is so fickle. I'm glad you are feeling better.

@sleepygirl79 LOL thank you! I made them! Thanks, we'll see about the whoosh for me. :D

@Katmary71 It was awesome, thanks! Congrats on hitting your 7,000 card goal!

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on being overweight! Okay that sounds funny, but you know what I mean lol. Way to go!

Today's Question: What is something you can do today to make your life easier tomorrow? I can be sure to go to sleep on time. Everything is easier when I get enough sleep!

Hi all. I had to go back to urgent care yesterday for my hand: there was some redness and quite a lot of bruising and the hand just looks bad. I had to wait a long time and eventually saw a doctor. She prescribed antibiotics. I need a vacation from everything! LOL

No Zero Days: Pretracked everything.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 Like you, now that I have the stress of my husband’s advanced age and dementia, I don’t have it in my anymore. Spending three hours in a chair doesn’t work anymore. Plus, I haven’t seen my natural color in over 40 years, and I will be 58 next month and I feel it’s time to embrace the grey. I hope that I will love it too. :) Keeping your food journal in the kitchen is a great idea and would make it easier and help you not forget to write it down.

@AustinRuadhain How wonderful to see you back!! I just returned last month after being away for a long time. Yup, we can’t let life get in the way of our health goals, or our health will get in the way of our life. Hey, that is a good quote, isn’t it? :D

@morenin HaHa my scale always looks better than what it does on weigh-in day too. Most annoying!! Oh, that is awful to be so allergic to dust mites since those suckers are everywhere. Sounds like you are taking good steps to protect yourself.

@Katmary71 Another thing we have in common is that I was born in California. Did you know that? :) Wow, 7000 cards is amazing! Now tell me again, what are you doing with all these cards? Be careful with all that rain you are all getting. I was just watching on the news how bad it is.

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on going down on the BMI chart. That is a huge accomplishment and needs to be celebrated. Yeah, doctors sometimes just see us as numbers on a chart or scale. Keep believing in yourself and doing what you know works.

@micarro, your walk does sound lovely. :) I’m with you on wanting my taxes done and plan to get on that in the next week or so.

@trooworld Well, we need to see your picture of the Dung beetle! Yeah, changing banks will be a big hassle, and I’m hoping that if this new one gives us a better price on the Positive Pay that we use, I can get my current bank to price match. That would be great! :) Ugh, I’m sorry about your hand. It’s good that you got an antibiotic for it. Dog’s mouths are so full of bacteria. You do need a vacation! <3

Good morning! Well, I told my hairdresser that I didn’t want to dye my hair, and he was very supportive. Because I still have so much of my hair highlighted, he put on a glaze to match my roots to tone everything down and gave me a nice, much shorter bob haircut. I was in the salon for less than an hour, which was wonderful! I need to get my workout done and then take Mom and do some grocery shopping. Joe wants a Cobb salad with blue cheese dressing for dinner. Yum!
    2024 Word: Strive

Question: What can I do today to make my life easier tomorrow? I can continue trying to simplify things where I can, like stopping coloring my hair or taking on church projects that others can handle.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 my lil girl has mild dyslexia. Things can be a rough for her. I would do my best to encourage her. When she gets down on herself I tell her
    When the world gives you LEMONS make MELONS.

@Katmary71 I literally dwell on that question constantly. Figure out how to motivated and disciplined to accomplish things that need to be accomplished. Currently they're just thoughts without answers or actions.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @trooworld- I love your glasses and I'm sorry about your hand. Sending healing vibes!

@TeresaW2024 - I am so sorry about your Joe. Yes, it is a horrible disease! I knew this day was coming, but I did not want it to get here.

Thank you all for your kindness regarding my Mom. Appreciate you.

Tonight I am going out with my work team to celebrate a recent surprise wedding. Hubby is grilling up a giant pack of chicken that we can eat going forward and probably freeze some too. Does that count as something that will make tomorrow easier even though I am headed out to party and doing nothing? :)

Lisa
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Hi MS ...you have another returning member joining your team ... Please welcome back @buniphuphu :)
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Welcome back @AustinRuadhain and @buniphuphu

@morenin it does seem that the scale works against us on WI day. It is crazy the things we are allergic to.

@Katmary71 That is so awesome on the 7000 cards. Yes, I drink protein drinks and drink them after workouts. I see the dentist tomorrow and if it is ok to use a straw aging drinking cold stuff won't be so much a problem. I have been so worried about getting a dry socket (i got that with one of my wisdom teeth removals) that I have probably gone overboard about everything. The swelling in my cheeks has gone down some this morning almost feels normal again.

@AmbersWay Do you make different food for your family then what you eat? I guess writing it down is triggering something in my brain where electronically I just go through the motions.

What is something I can do today to make my life easier tomorrow? I am not really sure how to answer this one. I am retired, It is just John and I with the 2 "kids" so I pretty much decide in the morning of the day what I feel like doing. Unless life throws a curve ball the hardest part of my day is rolling out of bed.

@micaroo4 I hope you have a great adventure today.

@Veta2018 Thanks, Baby steps it is.

@trooworld I'm sorry you had to go back to urgent care. I hope your hand gets better soon.

@TeresaW2024 I have 2 different colors of gray in my hair one is a mousy and the other is a white so I found that purple shampoo works really well at making the white look more blonde then gray. It also helps tone down the mousy.

It's funny that some of y'all talk about breathing problems. For yrs I have had problems with nasal congestion and took Claritin D and use nasal mist at night to open up my nasals. I stopped taking the allergy meds cause it is so hard to get and was just using otc allergy pills and the mist but had runny/congested nose, sneezing all the time, and had a box of tissue next to my chair. Here's the funny thing. I have not had these problems since I had the teeth pulled. My nose is clear, I am not blowing my nose or sneezing, and I do still have a bit of nasal congestion at night when I lay down in bed on my sides but if I lay on my back it goes away. So, I am using my mist but only one pump per side instead of two. My hubby also told me this morning that I am not snoring like I used to.
    My daughter is coming over to hangout today and I will be doing laundry but other then that it will be a chill day. Enjoy your day!

"Today, I Choose To Be HAPPY!"

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I’m a 50 year old single empty nester and I share my home with my American Blue rabbit (her name is Kismet). I have 3 children in their 20s – oldest is my son, Marcus (granddaughter Sophie is almost 10 months), then my daughter Sydney (overdue with baby Oliver), and my youngest daughter Hunter (grandson Byron is 8 months & due with baby girl Brayden on 6/15/24). I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), and also love horror movies. I have worked in Community Development at my County for 19 years. I was recently diagnosed with Inattentive ADHD and started medication. Hoping once I get to the therapeutic dose, it will help me with getting more prep work done with meals so I have things ready to go. Failing to plan is planning to fail…

I have always been a yo-yo dieter, but mainly up. When I lose weight, I can never seem to keep it off for longer than a year. Currently I am down 11 pounds and have about 50 pounds to go. I previously enjoyed too many processed vegan junk foods (faux meats/cheese/chips/cookies/candy) and this past Christmastime I recommitted myself to eating whole, unprocessed foods about 90% of the time. I’m giving myself a little (10%) wiggle room for things like pasta and tortillas. I’ve also been soda-free for 46 days now and I am convinced that the hyper sweet fake sugar in the diet soda is what was triggering my unwise choices. I have been posting meals I’ve been cooking on my newsfeed as a way to keep myself motivated. I’ve actually been having a really good time since changing up the foods.

2024 Mantra: Yes, I can!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @littlebabekitty – I messaged you the recipe for the Avocado Dill sauce so it would stay formatted. I think it’s delicious on most anything warm…tacos, fajitas, beans & rice, etc.
    @AmbersWay – How is your husband’s healing coming along? Is he able to walk on his own? I’m so sorry about your Aunt. Was it expected? Hope your eldest gets better soon.
    @megnolia82 – Hugs. Let us know how it goes with the nutritionist. Sucks that insurance won’t cover it.
    @trooworld – Those doggies! Couple of little scrappers… Love your new glasses – super bold and fun!
    @Veta2018 – Sorry hubs didn’t get his rear in gear sooner for you. It sounds like you really paid attention to your food choices at the restaurant, though, and how great that you brought half of it home. You could’ve just said, “screw it” and ate it all and not even bothered to log it. But you worked through it and exercised and make it all better! Pat your back! I’m the same with cheat days. Give me one and I’ll take 20 LOLs. Lovely sketch of little Benny :)
    @Cornanda – I’m so sorry. I can only imagine the heartbreak hearing your mother ask your father that. Wish I had a magic wand to wave over her and give her all the memories back.
    @Katmary71 – Oh the fun times at my local roller rink! I can’t count how many times I wiped out. Fun fact – I had speed skates (black with blue wheels) and could go so freaking fast…but never learned how to skate backwards! Wow – 7,000 cards is impressive!
    @AustinRuadhain & @buniphuphu – Hello Hello and welcome back!
    @morenin – Glad the adjustments your doctor has you making is helping!
    @sleepygirl79 – My family loves dad jokes, too!
    @tammymccrady6278 – Please do think about looking for a kinder doctor.
    @txcritter69 – How intriguing that the teeth pulling has helped your breathing. Maybe they were causing sinus pressure?
    Still no baby!!! Syd is scheduled for inducement on Thursday if Oliver doesn’t hurry up and get out on his own. I went to my surgeon this morning and he was ecstatic about how well my ankle is doing and gave me the green light to get rid of the boot…YAY! I don’t have to do PT since he said just me doing normal walking and whatnot will continue to break up the scar tissue. So this internal brace he put in should keep me going for the next 10 years. It will be nice to get back to walking again. Now if only I could remember where I put that pedometer!
    What can I do today to make my life easier tomorrow? Prep my food for work and have my lunch bag ready to grab instead of figuring out my lunch the same morning. Oh and get those dang dishes washed!
    2024 Mantra: Yes, I can!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,003 Member
    Options
    My adventure in the cemetery
    l91rw6wyn9ii.jpg

It's a big cemetery; I can't capture the size in a photo.

This is the stone of the man who designed the cemetery
    1dbsxzgygdv4.jpg

This little mausoleum was built by a man whose wife died. He came to read to her every day. If you peek in the window, you can still see the desk and lantern where he sat to read.

5b5nz0bjf7bs.jpg

This is the stone of one of our famous people. John P Hale was an abolitionist and state senator during Lincoln's presidency.
    pjt4ft93o9qx.jpg
    Perhaps more famous was his daughter Lucy, whose name is on the back. She was the girlfriend of none other than John Wilkes Booth. Daddy must have been so pleased!
    u5ll2wromrma.jpg

This is one of my favorite stones. Cordelia Tetherly. The stone behind her is where Henry Law is buried. They were once engaged, but he jilted her. She married another man, but never forgave Henry. The monument is designed so her back would be turned to him for eternity!
    kvvojm8kppe4.jpg

This is my favorite stone. Ezra Green. He fought in the Revolution. He sailed on board the War Ranger with Captain John Paul Jones. There's a LOT carved on this stone!
    mcu26o4y3i7x.jpg
    l9nddftftjgt.jpg

I love the symbolism in these old stones.
    hrbe5xcf2mpm.jpg

Here is where one of the gazebos used to be.
    920mvn902xos.jpg

We used to climb on the Elks monument when we were children. This is a different elk. He's been replaced. The old one had some bullet holes.
    uj1vahdox84i.jpg

-Mica
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi Slims!

It’s good to be back and to see so many familiar faces!

My name is Marki, and I’m from Oklahoma. I work at a university in the assessment office, and I’m working on my dissertation to finish up a doctorate in higher education leadership.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 That's awesome on being green all month, what an awesome accomplishment! I don't think I ever had a perfect month. Congratulations on being overweight now, after that horrible other “O” word I get it! That IS frustrating about doctors, I prefer how YOU are seeing it. Maybe she was grumpy as she sees your health issues becoming less risky and she won't be making as much off you now? You're doing incredible and I love the way you're thinking.

@AmbersWay Thanks!

@micaroo4 The stones in the cemetery are so pretty! When I went to New Orleans I spent two days in the cemetery taking pictures and reading stones, so many beautiful ones. I love the information about the people too that was so fun to read them on your post. The snow added to the beauty as well, thank you for sharing with us. I hope Rich is up for walking with you, it may actually help his hip some depending on the reason for the pain.

@Veta2018 I love the answer on repackaging the meat, that's always a pain and so appreciated when you pull it out later that you actually did it and don't have to wait forever for things to defrost. Costco sells their ground turkey in 1.67lb packages of 4, if I chuck them in the freezer I'm so mad at myself later when I want to use 1lb of meat!

@trooworld Sleep is probably the best answer as everything is a challenge without sleep. Glad to hear on the antibiotics hope it's improving fast now. I second Teresa let's see the beetle! I'm picturing one and curious if it's what I'm imagining.

@TeresaW2024 I didn't know that where in CA were you born? I was born and grew up in San Jose. Thanks! The cards are being taken to mostly retirement homes with some hospital deliveries. There's about 60 different locations so Thursday we're having a pick-up party then volunteers will drop them off. I'm careful luckily it's just a lot of small branches all over at my house. I'm going to the greenhouse tomorrow and hoping all is well there. I know a few people who don't have power and had more serious damage. I lost 2 fences in rains last year (then the neighbor burned mine down in a mowing fire) so it was a huge relief to see them all standing. I'm so glad you like your hair, that pampering must feel great!

@19shmoo69 I love the make Lemons into melons for your daughter. After I had a concussion in a car accident I became dyslexic with numbers, I'm being super careful double-checking the weigh-ins logged because of it. YouTube has all kinds of great videos on motivation and habit-forming!

@Cornanda YES the grilled chicken is thinking ahead to make life easier and sounds yummy!

@buniphuphu Yay so happy to see you back! How have you been? I love this you're the third person to return in the last couple of months! Obviously I don't want you all to return because you're struggling with weight but like you returning because I've missed all of you. Huge hug!

@txcritter69 I'm so glad you're feeling better! Interesting there's a way of thinking that issues with our teeth affect our health because of meridians (Chinese medicine) and having something like a root canal where you leave a dead tooth isn't supposed to be good but pulling a tooth would improve it's health. Have no clue if it's related to your situation but less allergies and snoring sounds awesome! It chaps my hide that I have to check “loud snoring” as a health problem on questionnaires when nothing I've done to be healthier has improved it.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Your meals have looked so good! Congratulations on kicking that boot to the curb! I can't wait to see baby Oliver. That will be so fun seeing the three babies together then another is right behind Oliver!

@littlebabekitty HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! I hope you wake up feeling good for your birthday too!

Hi team! I went to the allergist 2 hours early so came home and worked out and went back. My main allergies not including man-made stuff are cats and dogs so I'll be getting shots for those. My worst allergies are formaldehyde, nickel, latex, and artificial fragrance but with some work can avoid those. I used to test as allergic to grass and ragweed so I'm guessing I grew out of it, maybe the cat allergies and having cats makes me over-reactive to other stuff. Went to the holistic clinic for treatments, they're going to do a book club on Eckart Tolle The Power of Now and I borrowed their copy (pretty sure I've read it and just don't remember). Aside of that got some board stuff done and now am going to make a homemade pizza for dinner. Have a great night and awesome Wednesday!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    So we are already a week into the month of February. I am past due on the introduction. Well, this will be an introduction and probably a bit more.
    My name is Darren. I am the group motivator. i am new at this. By new i dont mean new to the position in the group, which i kid of am, but in life. Nobody looks to me as a source of motivation. Due to my lack of experience this is difficult for me. With that i am an introvert. that causes it doubly difficult. @Katmary71 left some really big shoes to fill. Her and @trooworld are amazing as captains. I do try and wittle away to figure how they do such a great job. Two things i have noticed they both read and have a good abiltity to write. I dont read and i worked 30 years in a factory so writing never happened outside of writing a check for gas. To be honest i want to do good at this postion. i literally dont know how to do it. sounds negative i know but i am trying to be upfront about it.
    My "journey" started a long time ago. ive always been the big kid. in my youth i was a couch potato. it is somthing i have gotten really good at. i was never much of an athelete so being consistant in workouts is difficult to maintain. currently i am meat only person. i used to run. I have been trying to learn guitar for 20 plus years. I have a fear of dogs. now i am just rambling. i think i will stop now. i have been typing for over 20 minutes and there are too many corrections to be made. you should see all the red lines.

I will do my best to step up to meet the expctations. my phone auto corrects, why doesnt this laptop?

https://youtu.be/dlwqjI6kt9k?si=olYWTWIlghy376Q-
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 06 of 52

PW: 137.6
    CW: 138.8

Ooops going in the wrong direction. It's easy to do when I'm not getting any yard work done. I foresee taco salads in my future.

I'm Kathryn, Kat for short. I live in southern California with my husband and seven cats. Two of my cats have overactive thyroids and need medication twice a day. I play an online game to keep my brain active. I reached my goal weight December of 2022, and I have challenged myself to stay within my range for 2024. I did well last year and was able to maintain my range, so I want a repeat of 2023. I typically post a short update on Tuesday's, but I do read the forum most every day.
This discussion has been closed.