WaistAways Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• ChelleChelle1031
    ChelleChelle1031 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    @jugar CW 173.9

@zumbaforever - I think of the yellow so suggest "Sunshine' with it's sunspot ; )

Well, I must get back to tracking & logging. I should know by now that I can't coast and THINK I'm being conscious of my calories in my head - one day with an indulgence becomes 2 or 3 with indulgences, the earlier ones forgotten etc..
    Going to have Indian food with my nephew tonight - THAT will be my one indulgence for this coming week.

@eggfreak I Love Indian food. My hubby was “I know not to get you chocolate for Valentine 💘 Day. What would you like for dinner?” I’m on the struggle bus between Indian and Seafood Boil.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    One thing I am proud of accomplishing is finally catching up at work. My last job didn't matter if I was out on vacation, I went in did my 12 hours and left. Now, when I take vacation, I do have someone cover for me and handle urgent calls, but otherwise everything else is left for me when I get back. I had an inbasket full of messages, a stack of papers 2 inches thick to review and sign. I don't want to work too much at home, but it was a huge relief tonight when I finally got caught up. Makes me not want to take vacations 🙈

Anyways, I have been getting my exercise in, but I have been slightly overeating the past few days. I haven't been pre-tracking and tracking afterwards doesnt seem to hold me accountable.

@ashleycarole86 don't put too much pressure on yourself and prioritize sleep. It's amazing how much better you feel after a full night's rest!

@MaddawgMadsen congrats on the house! That is super exciting!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Congrats on catching up @lauren_989 - it is so hard after vacations when you are the big cheese! Having troubles tracking and wanting to eat more than usual is pretty normal during those kinds of mad catch-up times. Now that it is done, back to pre-tracking and you'll feel proud about that, with good reason!

The nightly nag has arrived! Due through Friday:
    @kerdil08
    @bowens1973
    @lindamartin27
    @EvMakesChanges
    @wishfuljune
    @Kali225
    @micki48

Thanks!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen yay for early closing! how exciting. Are you guys furnishing the house as it is? any fun design plans or renos?

@lauren_989 I know what you mean, I haven't taken a truly long vacation yet on this job (started 9 months ago), especially now that I really have responsibility and coverage - but we shouldn't let that stop us! Work is just work, after all. And it alwaaaaays waits.

Not sure what to expect for weigh-in tomorrow. My TOM has hit, how fun. I had a good therapy session today and rewarded myself with cleaning out my shoe collection. I made a nice dent, a few pairs I think are good or nearly new condition that can be donated. Then, as I got into bed, I realized I have 2 other shelves of "thin" shoes that I totally forgot about (old flip flops and flats) - will have to tackle tomorrow. It's gotten too late, once again.
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 233.6
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    2/9:
    PW: 197.4
    CW: 195.8

Looks like I am back on the downward trend, which is good! The weekly caloric tracking has been really eye-opening to see which days are perhaps slowing my progress down. I made sure last weekend to stick to my pre-logged plan pretty well on Saturday and Sunday, which mentally took work. I definitely view the weekends as my reward period for all the work I’ve been doing, so I am continuing to work on that piece.

I had to be in the city for work on two non-consecutive days this week, so the travel and day-long in-person meetings was a bit exhausting. I’ve not worked out since Sunday, but do plan on doing some sort of movement today before my work day begins. I also have a yoga class on Saturday that I’m looking forward to. I’m also glad to be working from home today since I have my standing desk and I’m in meetings from 9-4 with no breaks.
  • lindamartin27
    lindamartin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Pw 219.4
    Cw 219.8
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    PW 219
    CW 218.1

Taking a chance and posting on my actual weigh in day. It’s been a while. So happy to see green. But a long way to go.

@MaddawgMadsen How exciting to be able to close sooner. Good luck with the whole process. Hope it goes smoothly. Congratulations 🎉

@lauren_989 Congratulations on catching up with your work. Hopefully now it’s smooth sailing.

@Gidgitgoescrzy glad to hear your great medical news.

What am I proud of this week? I guess it’s my perfect day. It was just one, but it was a start.

Looking forward to the weekend for sure. Next week is a short week at school. May go to a local brewery tonight to hear our neighbor’s band play.
  • jugar
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 254.3
    CW: 253.7

Down we plod!
    (read in snobby Downton Abby voice) WaistAways simply do NOT plod, my dear. We waft.
    CW: 181.8
    I’m beyond excited by the downward hop in weight! Besides dealing with Covid (3rd time has *got* to be a charm), I’ve walked outside every day; kept solid track of my food; gotten good amount of sleep; and taking supplements to help with digestion and vitamin balance. I’ve also expressed my feelings as I feel them, not a week after processing them in my head! It’s helped. A lot. I’m sure OH isn’t sure what’s happening, but things feel a lot better to me. Dropping weight after being diligent is showing how all these things CAN work together. Not going to my job has helped, too…a nice break.
    Now that the weekend is almost upon us, I’ll get some chores done, exercise with a video of my coach, and get a walk in when Sarah returns from work (she’s a cook at Mt Okemo). It’s her first day back to work post Covid and I’m sure she’ll head for the crunchy, salty snacks given a chance!
    I’ve enjoyed reading all of your posts and will respond more personally later. My phone needs to charge, now.
    Have a great day, lovelies!

Wondrous Wafting indeed! The thoughts are wafting out, the weight is wafting away, the Covid is effing the eff off!! Tracking and moving for the well-earned win!
  • jugar
    Options
    Wonderful WaistAway Weekenders Waft With Wonder!

Due through Saturday:
    @kerdil08
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359
    @ChelleChelle1031

Thanks!
  • ChelleChelle1031
    Options
    January Week 4 Steps - 805,867 across 11 participants
    Top steppers for week 4
    1. @StayFITTer - 119,691 steps
    2. @ashleycarole86 - 115,784 steps
    3. @strong_fit_ells - 106,029 steps
    January Week 5 Steps - 465,032 across 6 participants
    Top steppers for week 5
    1. @StayFITTer - 110,675 steps
    2. @strong_fit_ells - 107,069 steps
    3. @lauren_989 - 79,062 steps
    January Total Steps - 2,986,018 across 14 participants
    Top steppers for January
    1. @StayFITTer - 414,590 steps
    2. @lauren_989 - 329,715 steps
    3. @strong_fit_ells - 266,440 steps

How do we participate in this challenge? My goal is 10K+ a day so would love to be apart of it.
  • ChelleChelle1031
    Options
    PW 222.4
    CW 220.2

🙌🏼🎉
This discussion has been closed.